X-Men: Crossroads OOC

LuckyVic

Literotica Guru
Joined
Aug 26, 2002
Posts
17,359
In order to establish continuity for this RP, to avoid confusion, this RP considers the universe, characters and events shown in the first two movies to be the basis for how we create and develop further storylines to be written out during active-play.

If you are interested in playing please send me a PM with a character concept for approval.

I'm looking at filling in the cannon positions of the X-Men first. However that does not mean I won't consider original concepts as well. If you have any questions, please feel free to ask me here and I'll do my best to answer them.
 
Professor Charles Francis Xavier

Place of Residence: Westchester, New York

Family: Dr. Brian Xavier (father, deceased), Sharon Xavier (mother, deceased), Dr. Kurt Marko (stepfather, deceased), Cain Marko (stepbrother)

Marital Status: Single

Height: 6 ft.

Weight: 190 lbs.

Hair: Bald

Eyes: Blue.

Nationality: American

Distinguishing Features: Professor Xavier is confined to a wheelchair.

Physical Description: Charles Xavier possesses telepathic abilities unrivalled by any other known mutant. His inability to walk, in addition to his frail physical state, leaves him highly vulnerable to physical attack. His mental powers can be blocked, both by a highly trained mind, or by the addition of a physical barrier such as Magneto's metal helmet.

Education: Ph.D. in Genetics, Biophysics, and Psychology.

Sexual Orientation: Straight

Mutant Power(s): Prof. X is the world's most powerfull known telepath. He is able to read thoughts, communicate with others psionically, manipulate thoughts and memories, control the actions of others, mentally induce pain, paralysis, or unconsciousness in other people, project his astral form and enter the psychic plane.

Extent (ability): Charles has a maximum range of 16,000 miles. He learned to use his telepathic powers in a number of ways, one is to create an astrally project himself. He can alter the memories of others within a 10 mile radius. He can mental probe people or objects at a distance of 10 miles and learn a great deal about it. He can render his mind invisible to equipment or other teleptahs. He can project a blast of mental energy that can render a person unconcious or brain dead within a ranage of 10 miles. He can also detect mutants anywhere within a 100 mile radius (this is greatly increased with the use of Cerebro).

History: The son of nuclear researcher Brian Xavier and his wife, Sharon, Charles' superior telepathic abilities came to light after tragedy. Following the accidental death of his Father, his mother remarried to Doctor Kurt Marko, a former collegue of Brian Xavier's. Both Kurt and his son Cain moved into the family mansion. It was not long before Cain, who was a mean-spirited child began to bully and torment Charles. To punish his son, Kurt often beat Cain for his behavior however, Charles had established a telepathic connection with his step-brother and as a result young Charles felt each blow Cain received as if he were the one being punished.

A natural genius, Charles graduated high school at the age of 16. He completed college in only two years time, and went on to do his graduate work at Oxford University.

It was while he was at Oxford that Charles met Moira MacTaggert, a fellow student. After spending many hours together discussing genetic mutation, the two fell deeply in love and Moira agreed to marry Charles. But, when Moira's estranged husband, Joe MacTaggert who was a Lance Corporal in the Royal Marines returned, something in Charles snapped. To prove he was not the wimp MacTaggert accused him of being, Charles enlisted in the military following graduation from college.

His efforts proved for naught, Moira unexpectedly and without explaination called off their engagement. In his sorrow, Charles quit the military and set out to see the world. His first stop was Cairo, Egypt where he met and eventually was forced to battle the criminal mutant Amahl Farouk, also known as the Shadow King. His great victory led to his greater epiphany. After this encounter, Charles swore to devote his life to protecting humanity from misguided mutants hell-bent on using their powers to dominate the world - and to protecting innocent mutants from those in humanity who would oppress them.

Following the events in Cairo, Charles headed to Israel where he met and befriended a man named Erik Lehnsherr, who would later rename himself Magneto. Together, Charles and Erik battled terrorists and came to learn of each others mutal mutant abilities. But, that was where their paths diverged. Charles vehemently believed in peaceful man and mutant coexistance while Magneto did not. Instead, Magneto saw mutants, Homo superior, as just another class of people primed for exploitation, harassment, and ultimately annihilation by Homo sapiens. He believed war with humanity was the only solution ot the problem. The two mutants not only parted philosophies, they eventually parted ways.

On his way back to the United States, Charles was crippled in an accident - but a brilliant mind cannot be broken by withered limbs. Charles returned to his family's mansion in New York more determined than ever to realize his dream of peaceful coexistence between man and mutant.

xavier001.jpg


xavier002.jpg


xavier003.jpg
 
Last edited:
Scott "Cyclops" Summers

Place of Residence: Westchester, New York

Family: Christopher Summers (father, deceased); Katherine Anne Summers (mother, deceased); Phillip Summers (grandfather, living); Deborah Summers (grandmother, living); Alex Summers / Havok (brother, living)

Marital Status: Engaged to Jean Grey

Age: 30

Height: 6 ft. 3 inches

Weight: 185 lbs.

Hair: Brown, kept neatly trimmed

Eyes: Obscured by the glasses which he must always wear.

Nationality: American

Distinguishing Features: Always wears red tinted ruby quartz glasses to control the optic rays which are emmitted from his eyes.

Physical Description: Physically well built without being overally muscular.

Psychological Background:

Phobias: Unrevealed

Hobbies: Running, flying

Personality Quirks:

Education: Bachelor's degree in Aeronutical Engineering.

Sexual Orientation: Straight

Mutant Power(s): Cyclop's mutant ability manifests in the continual emission of force beams from his eyes.

Extent (ability): Even the slightest glance without a ray-shielding device could vaporize an unsuspecting, innocent person. Unshielded, the force beams have the power to destroy buildings, or bore through the side of a mountain.

History: Scott Summers was the first of two sons born to Major Christopher Summers, a test pilot for the U.S. Air Force, and his wife, Katherine. Major Summers was flying his family home from vacation aboard a vintage aircraft when a midair accident crippled the Summers' plane. Katherine pushed Scott and his brother, Alex, out the door with the only available parachute. With Christopher and Katherine presumed dead, the authorities separated the two boys: Alex was adopted, but Scott remained comatose in a hospital for a year. On recovering, he was placed in an orphanage in Omaha, Nebraska. Years later, as a teenager, Scott began to suffer from severe headaches and eyestrain. He was sent to a specialist, who discovered that lenses made of ruby quartz corrected the problem.

While Scott was visiting a large city, his mutant power finally erupted -- bursting forth in an uncontrollable blast of optic force that demolished a crane, causing it to drop its payload toward a terrified crowd. Scott saved the onlookers' lives by obliterating the object with another blast. But the bystanders rallied into an angry mob, believing that he had tried to kill them. Scott fled, escaping on a freight train. The telepathic Professor Charles Xavier rescued the youngster from an abusive foster parent and enlisted him as the first member of the X-Men, a team of young mutants he planned to train to use their powers -- and in time, stand in defense of a world on the brink of genetic war.

During a mission to the old Alkali Lake Power facility in Canada, Jean Grey was killed as she used her telepathic abilities to rescue the other members of the X-Men. A top secret government operation had been based in an underground facility at the abandoned power plant. Led by Colonel William Stryker, the purpose of this facility was to develop a means of controlling and ultimately destroying the mutant population.

The dam was damaged during a battle between the X-Men and the military forces, causing enough structural damage that the dam collapsed.

The X-Men had retreated to the Blackbird jet in an attempt to clear the area after rescuing mutant hostages, among them Cyclops and Professor X. The jet's power systems failed, and they were unable to take off. Realizing the danger, Jean made a decision to leave the jet and walked back outside. Using her telepathic and telekinetic abilities, she created a barrier to protect the aircraft from the massive wall of water while at the same time used her talents to restore power to the damaged aircraft and then controlled the jet long enough to see that it was airborne and safe from the water before releasing the barrier. When she let go of the energy holding the water back, Jean was instantly swept up and drowned by the powerful flood.

Scott was devistated by the loss of the woman he loved more then life itself, he began to doubt not only his own abilities as a leader, but also if he would ever find happiness.

cyclops001.jpg


cyclops002.jpg


cyclops003.jpg


cyclops004.jpg
 
If playing a cannon character, does that character actually have to be a member of the X-Men?
 
The Merc with the Mouth, Wade Wilson, AKA, Deadpool, the same character I try to convince people to let me play every time I join a Marvel RP.
 
The Merc with the Mouth, Wade Wilson, AKA, Deadpool, the same character I try to convince people to let me play every time I join a Marvel RP.

Depends on how he is, he can probably work. Problem is to find enough to keep him involved constantly.
 
True...I suppose if we had an established villain who isn't Magneto we could have them hire deadpool, and then have Deadpool do what he usually does and run around causing chaos or for some reason get let go by his employer and seek refuge with the x-men...but I don't know...
 
True...I suppose if we had an established villain who isn't Magneto we could have them hire deadpool, and then have Deadpool do what he usually does and run around causing chaos or for some reason get let go by his employer and seek refuge with the x-men...but I don't know...

well he could fit in with the story line I have to start us off.

But what i like to do is have the players play good guys, and then depending on the current story have them play a bad guy as well.

So like if you were in the game I'd want you to play one of the X-Men and since you already brought him up. You could play deadpool during the arc.
 
Well as of now he's open. So if you want him you can request him and then get my sample bio, similar to what i did to Cyke and Xavier via PM, for approval.
 
Storm reporting for duty Professor Xavier ;)

Ororo "Storm" Munroe
Place of Residence: New York
Marital Status: Single
Age: 30
Height: 5 ft. 7 inches
Weight: 111 lbs.
Hair: Long, shoulder length. Snow white in colour
Eyes: Blue
Phobias: suffers from severe claustrophobia (fear of enclosed places)
Hobbies: Gardening
Sexual Orientation: Straight

Mutant Power(s): Immune to temperature/weather extremes; can manifest lightning bolts from herself (usually from her hands, although from her eyes or just her entire body has been known to happen, too); has unknown level of resistance/immunity to electricity/lightning attacks.

Can manipulate weather patterns in her local area; is highly aware of her surroundings--especially if she is in a natural setting like a park, forest, jungle, desert, etc. (has been known to be highly empathetic to plant life).

Extent (ability): Storm can affect the weather in an area up to 50 miles from her location.

General History: Storm is descended from an ancient line of African priestesses, all with the potential to wield magic. Her mother, the princess of a tribe in Kenya, married an American photojournalist and moved with him to Manhattan. When Ororo was 6 months old, she and her parents relocated to Cairo, Egypt. Five years later, a bomb destroyed their home. Ororo's parents were killed, but she survived, buried under rubble near her mother's body.
This traumatizing experience left Ororo with severe claustrophobia, which still afflicts her today. Homeless and orphaned, she came under the tutelage of master thief Achmed el-Gibar. Ororo soon became his prize pupil.

Years later, feeling a strong urge to head south, Ororo journeyed alone across the Sahara Desert. Finally, she reached her ancestors' homeland: the Serengeti Plain, straddling the modern nations of Kenya and Tanzania.
By this time, her mutant ability to manipulate the weather had emerged she used it to aid the local tribes, who worshipped her as a deity. Ororo played goddess for several years -- until the telepathic Professor Charles Xavier recruited her for his X-Men.
 
Last edited:
Name: James "Wolverine" Logan

Place of Residence: Westchester, New York

Marital Status: Single

Physical Description : He is built with solid and finely honed muscles.

Age: Unknown

Height: 6' 3"

Weight: Unknown

Hair: Black

Eyes: Brown

Nationality: Uncertain

Education: Unknown

Sexual Orientation: Straight

Mutant Power(s): Healing Factor/Regenerative Abilities: If injured or ill, Logan's body can heal itself. The time that it takes to heal depends on the severity and nature of the injury. Minor cuts and bruises take only a few seconds. Severe (life-threatening) injuries can take up to several days. In cases where Logan has multiple injuries with varying degrees of severity, the healing factor will take care of the life-threatening damage first. Logan's healing ability also renders him impervious to most illnesses, drugs and poisons. He is not, however, immortal. The loss or severe damage to life sustaining organs, such as the heart, kidneys, lungs, brain etc. would most likely result in death (once again, dependant on the severity). Control: Logan has no conscious control over the healing/regenerative ability.

Heightened Senses: Logan's senses are far superior to that of normal Humans. His hearing, eyesight, smell, touch, and taste are all more in the 'animal' range. His senses are comparable to that of a wolf or other 'animal' predators. Control: Logan has exceptional control over his senses of smell, hearing and eyesight. Taste and touch are autonomic and not something he can control.

Feral Nature: This goes hand-in-glove with Logan's heightened senses and the claws (mentioned later). Mother Nature seems to have designed him to be the perfect human-type hunter/predator. His feral nature makes him dangerous and unpredictable at times...especially in a fight. Control: Varies. Logan fights the feral side of his nature constantly. This is the part of himself that he considers The Wolverine. He is prone to uncontrolled berserker rages that can range in intensity to a quick tempered growl and punch to a deadly, insane need to destroy anyone in his vicinity. When pushed over the edge into a true berserker rage, he cannot recognize friend from foe.

Retractable Claws: Logan was born with three retractable bone claws in each arm (although movie suggests they were implanted, this does not seem logical as the arm would have to be majorly re-constructed to house them). Extended, the claws are approximately one foot in length (again, logic argues against this but that is the standard Marvel has set). Control: Ultimate. The claws are used through conscious command. he can extend and retract all or any combination of the three claws on each hand.

Adamantium Skeleton/Claws: Technically a 'mutation', but Logan's mutations are the only factors that allowed the adamantium bonding process to be a success. Logan was taken - or - volunteered for a military weapons research project called Weapon X. During his time in the Weapon X project, Wolverine was conditioned to be a highly successful infiltration artist and assassin. In addition, using a process known only to William Stryker (presumably), Logan was literally cut open and had liquid adamantium bonded to his entire skeleton. Adamantium is virtually indestructible but also highly toxic. If Logan's healing power ever shuts off, the heavy metal poisoning would probably kill him in a matter of days. Control: None, it simply exists.

Extent (ability): Logan has demonstrated knowledge in the area of infiltration, sabotage, tracking, demolitions and is proficient with various blade weapons and projectile weapons (guns). Where he acquired these skills and the extent of his knowledge is currently unknown.

Character Weaknesses: Wolverine is sometimes prone to beserker rages during the fury of battle. He is very dependant on his 'senses' for reading other people. Logan also is rather disgusted with his 'animal' side.




Thank you, Lucky. Really, you covered pretty much all of the general history that we know about Logan in the powers and the mention of the adimantium, so I'm not sure if you wanted me to repeat any of that again with a general history thing.
 
Not really, although you might want to remove some of the little side comments that are in there :)
 
Please do not post any bios until you've PM'd me with it first and I have approved it.
 
Ok. I am strongly considering Beast. Vic, I will pm you some thoughts as soon as I can.
 
Name: Robert (Bobby) Drake
Moniker: Iceman
Age: 18
Height: 5'6''
Weight: 145
Hair: Dirty Blonde
Eyes: Blue
Personality: Easy-going, friendly, and keeps his cool (pun intended there)

Bio: Bobby was a normal kid going through middle school when he discovered he had mutant powers. He could freeze things like his mom's birdbath just by touching it. This had him secretly freaking out for a year. People on the news were being attacked for having powers like, being called mutants, and there was even people in the government talking about registering any of these people.

So he decided to never use his mutant powers and keep it a secret from everyone including his family. That was until he heard a voice in his head. It was a calming fatherly voice telling him that he should not be afraid of what he was, or the miraculous gifts life had given him. After a while he met the man the voice belonged to, Professor Charles Xavier.

The proffessor and Bobby combined to convince his parents that he should go to the Xavier's school.

There he learned how to use and control his power, and most importantly that he was not alone. He made friends easily including a young girl who called herself Rogue. Rogue and he became serious, though not being able to touch his girlfriend was a bit...frustrating.

Then the soldiers attacked the X mansion and he, Rogue, and Wolverine sought refuge at his parents house. There he told them who he was and showed them what he could do. They were understandably overwhelmed.

He helped wolverine and the X-men free Cyclops and the professor from Col. Stryker and now he was back in school like normal only now his family knew what kind of school the Xavier institute actually was.

Now with Graduation nearing he was completing the training to become an X-man, and fight for the cause of Human and Mutant peace and understanding.
 
Kris (Time Bomb) Order

Age: looks 22 presumed to be older

Height: 5 ft. 11 inches

Weight: 165 lbs.

Hair: medium long black hair, kept neatly

Eyes: he wears dark sunglasses all the time hints haven been made that they are green

Nationality: American

Distinguishing Features: .he wears black sunglasses that hides his eye many figure he is blind.

Physical Description: Physically well built without being over muscular.

Psychological Background:

Phobias: Unrevealed

Hobbies: reading books, learning new things

Personality Quirks:

Education: unknown.

Sexual Orientation: Straight

Mutant Power(s): .one of his abilities is that he ages slower then most people.
Another one is that he can Creates "balls" of psionic energy that explode with force

.he has the power to create psionic balls of energy, which he calls them "time bombs". These "bombs" explode with force. he can produce marble-sized "bombs" which have little explosive impact and which he uses for playing pranks. he has produced "time bombs" ranging up to the size of beach balls, which, when they explode. they can destroy tree trunks and even metal objects. Kris can control the amount of time between the creation of one of his "bombs" and the time it detonates. he can mentally muffle the sound of the detonation.

His slow ageing has been considered to be a form of the healing factor as he can heal from wounds in hours for minor ones. But for major wounds he claims it takes days to weeks to heal or even months. .

Extent (ability): because he has been around for so long he has learned many interesting things. From martial arts to swordsmanship to other useful talents.


History: He is not one to talk about much of his past as he claims he has seen many things come and go. He is fairly nice and friendly, easy to talk to and easy to get along with. He is not one to get angry. he hardly loses his temper but there has been time in which he has.. Since he ages slower then normal humans he was able to master his mutant ability and control his powers. He also learned many interesting things through out his life mainly martial arts, swordsman ship and marksman ship. If people try to ask about his past he usually response with a quote or ignores them. He got a letter for a invite to attend a special school he goes to see how good the school. He is not sure yet if he wants to join it or not. He only recived the letter after he had saved a few students of the school thus he showed he was a mutant thisis when he recived the letter.
 
Last edited:
I'm waiting on a few more possible characters. But it looks like we might be starting soon.
 
Back
Top