Russia, Number 45's Favorite Country

gotsnowgotslush

skates like Eck
Joined
Dec 24, 2007
Posts
25,720
A new Pew Research Center report on religious belief and national belonging could aid these efforts. It analyzes citizens’ relationship to religion and the prominence of the Russian Orthodox Church, shedding light on possible sources of rising religious tension.

The survey found that 57 percent of Russians, including around a quarter of the country’s Muslims and religiously unaffiliated citizens, say being an Orthodox Christian is very or somewhat important to being “truly Russian.” Researchers found widespread public interest in protecting and supporting the Russian church, even when doing so harms non-Orthodox believers.

Additionally, many Orthodox Christians throughout central and Eastern Europe view Russia as a valuable counterbalance to Western influence in the region, Pew reported, which may weaken support for outside efforts to protect religious freedom.

http://www.capecodtimes.com/news/20170512/why-religious-tensions-are-rising-in-russia

When the Soviet Union was dissolved on Dec. 26, 1991, the future looked bright for faith groups.

During nearly 70 years of Soviet rule, religious practice had been gradually forced out of public and private life. Faith leaders were sent to labor camps and sacred buildings fell into disrepair.



Dec. 29, 2016

Half of the 15 former Soviet countries were called out this year by the U.S. Commission on International Religious Freedom for their problematic religious freedom policies.


"Orthodox Christianity views itself very much as the religion of a geographic territory, rather than as a faith of individual people or congregations," Grim said. Orthodox leaders have become major political players, pushing for policies that can discourage the growth of newer faith groups.

In countries like Russia and Uzbekistan, strict registration requirements and other forms of government interference plague religious communities. Officials limit who can own religious buildings and when and where services can be held, said Katayoun Kishi, a research associate at Pew Research Center who oversees the organization's efforts to track global restrictions on religion.

Religious groups are required to register with the government and members of minority faiths can be fined or imprisoned for evangelizing in public or advocating for better religious freedom protections, the U.S. State Department reported. Around 50 religious activists were jailed in 2015.

http://www.deseretnews.com/article/...-former-USSR-25-years-after-its-collapse.html


Freedom of religion is formally guaranteed in Russia but legislation sets out Orthodox Christianity, Islam, Judaism, and Buddhism as the country's four traditional religions, and rights activists say others frequently face discrimination.


2001

18 months after Ramzan Kadyrov's father Akhmed-hadji was installed by Russian President Vladimir Putin as Chechnya's puppet leader, Usmayev resurfaced as a company commander with the Russian Interior Ministry forces contingent in Chechnya; his duties were the protection of top officials and government buildings.

Announcing Usmayev's most recent promotion on Instagram, Kadyrov described him as "a veteran member" of the team founded by his father.

https://www.rferl.org/z/646/none?p=48

Not much of a choice, petition people that ignore you, stay silent, or get arrested for protesting in public

Not possible to have a sanctioned rally, staging an unsanctioned rally will result in arrests, jail, time, and fines. If you are a member of the established Putin government, or a related family member, money is not a problem. But, citizens without that advantage, see the fine of 10,000 to 20,000 rubles ($160 to $320 ) to be prohibitive.

"The laws, which have progressively tightened since then to also ban silent pickets if more than one person takes part, restrict even authorized protests to specifically designated locations."

"But while the antiprotest laws usually appear targeted at political opponents of the Kremlin, the police response in Ufa suggests that even protests by distressed citizens seeking help with neighborhood problems are unwelcome."


https://www.rferl.org/a/russia-ufa-sinkhole-protests-police/28172100.html
 
forget it, Russia's religious system is fucked up.
They try and include the footage of our main "pope" in every important thing and he comments on every important matter.
They made religion political and I hate it. I hate even more all the sheep that follow them blindly.:rolleyes:

So yea, Russia's religious - take it as insider information. But here's the thing - half of people are very religious but the other half is strongly against the church. The layer of society that doesn't care either way is rather small in my experience.
 
Russia has come full circle, and is now convicting people of blasphemy.

https://www.amnesty.org/en/latest/n...asphemy-after-playing-pokemon-go-in-a-church/

Because religion controls the masses and furthers supremacist agendas why do you think Trump is going to let churches endorse politicians and threw them a bone by defunding panned parenthood?

Because churches feed his agenda. Women barefoot and pregnant with no rights and gays back in the closet and anyone not like you is 'going to hell'

Organized religion and scum are synonymous.
 
Says a Trump voter


Because religion controls the masses and furthers supremacist agendas why do you think Trump is going to let churches endorse politicians and threw them a bone by defunding panned parenthood?

Because churches feed his agenda. Women barefoot and pregnant with no rights and gays back in the closet and anyone not like you is 'going to hell'

Organized religion and scum are synonymous.
 
The US has had anti-blasphemy laws on the books ever since the founding of the country, and the First Amendment could not stand against them. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blasphemy_law_in_the_United_States

This has been changing, as it should.

Personally, I believe people are entitled to have and express religious views, including worship of the Flying Spaghetti Monster, and I would do nothing to prevent it. At the same time, I believe if people want to desecrate religious icons, they have a First A right to do so.
 
https://www.nytimes.com


May 15, 2017

"Trump has “revealed more information to the Russian ambassador than we have shared with our own allies.”

The legitimate and vetted news outlets informed their readers and followers, what Russian Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov and Ambassador Sergey Kislyak had been doing while in office, and their exploits, during their climb up the Russian ladder.

Today, I read articles exposing what Trump operatives and staff place on Trump's desk. Is it too much to ask, for Trump to be guided to articles that are not from the Alt Right ?
 
Back
Top