What Are You Listening To Now? 6.0

Don't Cry Out Loud - Ann Murray - I think.

My favorite part is:

Don't cry out loud,

just keep it inside.

Learn how to hide your feelings .....
 
Sonny Terry and Brownie McGhee

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=thsXUx9asfU

That's after Lightning Hoplins Early Recordings, which I bought as an Arhoolie disc long ago at a bargain price. I used to have dozens of Sonny & Brownie records. Oy. Now I need to look for Leadbelly's Last Recordings on Folkways.
 
Rocket "88" - Jackie Brentston

Now that's a toe tapper and a finger snapper!
 
Rocket "88" - Jackie Brentston

Now that's a toe tapper and a finger snapper!

"Jackie Brentston and the Delta Cats" was a 1951 release featuring Jackie Brentston, Ike Turner's sax player, and Ike's Kings of Rhythm. There's no first rock and roll song, but if you gotta have one, Rocket 88 is the one.
 
I'm fingering Desafinado in F on a taropatch 'uke between keystrokes here.

Same key! Concert F is scored in G for the B-flat tenor sax and in D for the E-flat alto sax. We should play a duet. :D


The Edge of Glory - Lady Gaga (feat. sax solo by Clarence Clemons)
 
Same key! Concert F is scored in G for the B-flat tenor sax and in D for the E-flat alto sax. We should play a duet. :D
Your place or mine?

A crazy associate and I used to play the northeast corner below Ghirardelli Square across from the Golden Gate Bridge, tenor sax and my guitar and voice. Tuning? "Close enough for jazz." They still had front teeth.

A rasta busker used to fight us for the busy corner. I returned decades later, no longer busking, a veteran, careered in software and stuff. Rasta guy was still on the same corner earning quarters. Didn't look happy, even in good weather.

I was never exhausted enough to crawl up into the Aquatic Park foghorn for sheltered sleep. Ya never know when it might blow.
_____

ObTopic: I'm playing cuts from LIGHTNING HOPKINS EARLY RECORDING, stuff he cut for Houston jukeboxes circa 1950, paid a gallon of wine per song. I got the Arhoolie album in 1965. The music was, to a young me, a textbook on blues guitar.
 
Last edited:
Black Pink - "Sure Thing" - English-language cover by one of the best K-Pop girl groups - Jenny, Rose, Jisoo and Lisa.

Love you like a brother,
Treat you like a friend.
Respect you like a lover
Oh, oh, oh, oh, oh, oh....

hqdefault.jpg
 
Back
Top