The UK Kink Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hope the meeting has a good outcome Daisy and at least gives you some closure. I know what it's like to live in limbo and it's no picnic, whatever your reasons for hanging in there. It's always a shame when colleagues are shitty because there's very rarely any need for it. Work is generally crappy enough without everyone making one another's lives a misery. Some people just never mentally leave the playground.

{{{HUGS}}}

Hope the meeting has a good outcome Daisy and at least gives you some closure. I know what it's like to live in limbo and it's no picnic, whatever your reasons for hanging in there. It's always a shame when colleagues are shitty because there's very rarely any need for it. Work is generally crappy enough without everyone making one another's lives a misery. Some people just never mentally leave the playground.

I've been in meetings like that!

I rarely lose my rag, but during one particularly adversarial encounter, I did so somewhat explosively: "This is getting childish!". Without any trace of self-conscious irony, one individual pointed across the room and replied in a moany voice: "Well, they started it!". I wish I could have laughed, but by then the whole situation had become too grotesque for me even to attempt to crack a smile. :(

Well, it got so bad, my boss walked out of the meeting.
2 trustees are questioning what I do!! For fuck sake they just got a glowing letter back from the school that couldn't speak more highly of what I do.
The CEO and my boss are extremely happy with my performance, so what the fuck!!
In no uncertain terms, I know that they are out to get me.

Lawsuit anyone!

2 trustees are questioning what I do!! For fuck sake they just got a glowing letter back from the school that couldn't speak more highly of what I do.

Lawsuit anyone!

Everything's better with Lawyers!

Lawsuit anyone!

I suspect that Hanlon's Razor may apply here:

Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity.

I'm really sorry to hear that it's all become so acrimonious (and unjustifiably so). Sadly, I'm starting to come to the same conclusion as you -- that you'll be better off out of there. Please excuse me while I run into this wall in a furious expression of rage on your behalf...

YAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRR!!! :mad: :mad: :mad:
*teeth-grating crashing noise accompanied by cartoon-like puffy cloud*

On second thoughts, that just made me sound like a pirate. :(

I suspect that Hanlon's Razor may apply here:

I'm really sorry to hear that it's all become so acrimonious (and unjustifiably so). Sadly, I'm starting to come to the same conclusion as you -- that you'll be better off out of there. Please excuse me while I run into this wall in a furious expression of rage on your behalf...

YAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRR!!! :mad: :mad: :mad:
*teeth-grating crashing noise accompanied by cartoon-like puffy cloud*

On second thoughts, that just made me sound like a pirate. :(

That made me laugh out loud and startle my cat! :) xx

Morning all. Another day, another few quid, or so they tell me. Bloody miserable outside again.

In other news, planning a few days away with the new squeeze, as we both have some free time next week. :D

How is everybody?

Hope today goes ok for you Daisy. :rose:

morning all from London. done my first site, had breakfast in Greenwich park, now heading back to the car for a run to Cambridge. busy busy... but going to have to miss the Munch I was going to tonight I think.

disappointing.

Hey Mal, little quiet on here eh? *watches tumbleweeds blown accross the thread*
Still in limbo workwise, but have asked for a definitive answer one way or the other!
Hoping everyone is good and that seven is off having fun with her new squeeze :)

Morning everyone. Welcome unmitigated :D

Friday again...with the week ending a lot happier than it started.

Another cold and horrible day outside so if you don't have to get up, don't bother. Must have got cold in the night because the heating's come on :(. And I noticed yesterday that it was so dark when I was driving, the automatic headlights came on.

Straightforward day for me today - I hope. How's everyone else?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back