A Poet Walks Into a Bar . . .

what doesn't kill you . . . :cool:

Oh, that's the thing — I do not want to make my liver "strong". I've been down that road before. Not good. :)

*hops over the bar, pulls a couple of bottles, tops one and hands both to tso*

*rolls shoulders to ease the tightness, watches Harry lost in his thoughts, leaves him be to think them*

so, tso, i hear you're a busy lad lately; good to know :cool:

And yet I find myself here. :D I find myself slightly short on time, true. There is a very interesting concept called "thrashing" — it's when you change context so much that all your energy is expended in the act of changing context between the things you're doing. I might be reaching that point.

"I should go through the 30 in 30 edits and comment", "I should go into new poems and comment", "I should this", "I should that"... sigh.

I think I should do as Angeline and meditate.

Oh, that's the thing — I do not want to make my liver "strong". I've been down that road before. Not good. :)

And yet I find myself here. :D I find myself slightly short on time, true. There is a very interesting concept called "thrashing" — it's when you change context so much that all your energy is expended in the act of changing context between the things you're doing. I might be reaching that point.

"I should go through the 30 in 30 edits and comment", "I should go into new poems and comment", "I should this", "I should that"... sigh.

I think I should do as Angeline and meditate.
too much booze is always a bad thing. your liver thanks you :cool:

yeah - that 'i should' thing... i've a long list and most of it just has to wait for at least till after 13th. you have to pace yourself, or there's never any time for your own writing. it's the same for us all.

well, that's me done for the night. don't forget to lock up afterwards and leave the keys with Guido. oh, leave him a banana too, or he might decide to eat them, just sayin'.

nite all :kiss:

please: fresh n hot and with a little kick, a lotta soothe - just like the 'tender :cool:

please: fresh n hot and with a little kick, a lotta soothe - just like the 'tender :cool:

*Kahlua coffee with a tot of half n half, surveys bar* Who delivered the couch? think we could get a deal on some new stools?

*Kahlua coffee with a tot of half n half, surveys bar* Who delivered the couch? think we could get a deal on some new stools?

mmmmn, nice. *sips, breathes in the fragrancy*

dunno, but it's well comfy - what happened to the last? i kinda liked the old one by the fire. still, this is ... *wriggles on it to confirm* yeah, comfy. and roomy! why, lots of us could sit on it all at the same time, though you'd have to be comfortable with having odd legs or arms across you.

lots of fuckoffery, not enough poemetry. i'm out of order till after the 13th, probablymaybe.

Odd arms and legs I can handle but I'm thinking I'm gonna be stuck at the base of it all..... Sounds dirty like that :D

lots of fuckoffery, not enough poemetry. i'm out of order till after the 13th, probablymaybe.

Puts on Carnac hat I predict a plethora of poetry.

There's a pad beside the bedstead
but the pens run out of ink
dip it in the well once more
write your words in pink

Back