Story submitted under misspelled user name

LusciousLeanora

Experienced
Joined
Jul 30, 2018
Posts
34
I inadvertently messed up by transposing the s and c in the first part of my user name and signed up again under the correct spelling. Problem is I submitted a story under the misspelled user name. Should I resubmit it under the correct user name? Don't want to make any more work for the mods
 
[This content has been removed due to a copyright violation.]
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Is the new account you made the one that you'll be using from now on? If so, I would delete the posted story and resubmit it under the new account. That way the readers you attract from that story, especially followers, will come to your subsequent stories.

When you resubmit the story, be sure to explain the situation in the notes section of the submission form.

Thanks. Will do on both! :)
 
Or DM Laurel and ask her to migrate the story over to your correct username. That way you won't lose any views/favourites/etc. from the first time.
 
Thanks, it was under pending, so I changed it to edit to copy it. Which put it back in draft status. I then submitted it under this user name with a note just in case. Thanks!
 
Everytime

Every time I submit a story, I'm overwhelmed with all the possible mistakes: failure to copy the whole story or possibly copying/pasting whole sections twice, fear I've left a name I meant to change, etc. etc.

I look for the first comments to see that I didn't submit a story without a chapter, or with something doubled, or some other easy/silly mistake. Submitting in .txt once, I copied a very long story in two parts because Google Docs wouldn't allow it whole. I was so relieved I didn't mess it up; it was just too long to check one more time once I submitted.

I wonder if others are so fearful.
 
Back
Top