Old 08-19-2018, 10:34 PM   #1
FrozenBlue
Virgin

Thank you!

I'm new here and not sure I'm ready (brave enough? send me some courage...) yet to post and receive feedback. It's been a while since I wrote poems regularly. Anyway, I just wanted to thank you all for posting your challenges because they are great inspiration. Also, UnderYourSpell, you made a comment in one thread that is so much me...about how when you started it was all rhyming. I have never quite gotten the hang of free verse, it always sounded ridiculous when I tried, but you all make me want to try harder! So anyway, thanks! I look forward to sharing soon!

FB

“Every good girl has a bad girl side. It just depends if her partner knows how to awaken the beast.”

Old 08-20-2018, 01:03 AM   #2
UnderYourSpell
Gerund Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrozenBlue View Post
I'm new here and not sure I'm ready (brave enough? send me some courage...) yet to post and receive feedback. It's been a while since I wrote poems regularly. Anyway, I just wanted to thank you all for posting your challenges because they are great inspiration. Also, UnderYourSpell, you made a comment in one thread that is so much me...about how when you started it was all rhyming. I have never quite gotten the hang of free verse, it always sounded ridiculous when I tried, but you all make me want to try harder! So anyway, thanks! I look forward to sharing soon!

FB
Gosh and Welcome! You don't have to write free verse if you don't want to. There are hundreds of rhyming forms you can practice writing and not all forms rhyme!
Check out this link The Thread of Forms and if there's some that catch your eye I'll gladly open a new thread or use this one to go through them with you. Though they may sound horrendous, I think the easiest to write are The Pantoum and the Triolet for the rhyming ones. If you wanted a non Rhyming form then you could try an Acrostic or a Tritina.
Perhaps you'd like to show us what you have written and ask for critique, bearing in mind that critique isn't criticism.
Anyway hope you'll share soon.
If at first you don't succeed....skydiving is not for you ....
If you don't pay your exorcist .... do you get repossessed?
I shall always decide not to decide, unless of course I decide to change my mind.
....But I, being poor, have only my dreams, I have spread my dreams under your feet,Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.......
Nil Caborundum illigitimi
Sestina slut
Annie submits

Old 08-20-2018, 01:04 AM   #3
Jada59
Literotica Guru

Welcome! We can always use new poets.

https://www.literotica.com/stories/m...ge=submissions

If it's pics or vids that you're looking for, keep on looking!

But do stop by my Online Jack and Jill Party!

http://forum.literotica.com/showthread.php?t=1484417

Old 08-20-2018, 09:37 PM   #4
FrozenBlue
Virgin

Thank you for the warm welcome and the advice! I will check out that thread. I'm pretty sure I'll have a lot of questions on some of them so I think I may start with the ones you suggested and see how it goes.

“Every good girl has a bad girl side. It just depends if her partner knows how to awaken the beast.”