Who here likes Jazz music?

My most favorite musician is John Coltrane. For me, know one has more passion. Joshua Redman is carrying the torch very nicely.

A nice album to pick up is Lions and Tigers by Dave Brubeck with Redman and other contemporary players.

or Conrad Herwig plays the latin side of John Coltrane.

or Friday night in San Francisco with John McLaughlin, Paco Delucia and Al DeMiola

Dave Brubeck and Art Blakey to wind down. Miles, Charlie, Dizzy for bopping around the house. Metheny, Weather Report, Clarke, Dimeola, Luc Ponty for the soundtrack of my life.

Luc Ponty

Dave Brubeck and Art Blakey to wind down. Miles, Charlie, Dizzy for bopping around the house. Metheny, Weather Report, Clarke, Dimeola, Luc Ponty for the soundtrack of my life.

Loves me some Luc Ponty.

There were a couple of songs that got air play in the '70s. Share a couple of links?

Both New Orleans and contemporary, great way to relax on long plane flights

Loves me some Luc Ponty.

There were a couple of songs that got air play in the '70s. Share a couple of links?

My introduction to JLP was via a jazz radio station when they played cuts from Mystical Adventures.

Amazing isn't she?

How the hell does she sing like that while playing such cool syncopated bass parts? Its defies logic how good she is at BOTH.

Last year she played with Wayne Shorter. This year she's doing a tribute to Geri Allen

From a few years ago, "Wild is the Wind"

Yes you are correct. The bass is bigger than her

Last night, Ravi Coltrane and Nicole Mitchell played next to Spaulding.

Who's Mitchell? Hear for your self

Very cool. I don't have the space to have my vibes set up all the time, and my chops have gone to shit.

A buddy of mine got to meet Chick Corea after his show in Chicago. My friend's a pieno play and Chick is HIS GUY. He's still on cloud nine.

A buddy of mine got to meet Chick Corea after his show in Chicago. My friend's a pieno play and Chick is HIS GUY. He's still on cloud nine.

Used to like him until I found out he's in THAT cult. I won't scrap what I have, but I'll never buy more.

I met

Very cool. I don't have the space to have my vibes set up all the time, and my chops have gone to shit.

I met Spaulding last night

Corea's set was canceled due to pending storm. As we're walking out Esperanza is driving by in a golf cart. Due to the crowd, the cart stopped. I said hello.

She's even smaller than I thought

Back this afternoon for Omar Sosa and Harold López-Nussa. BTW, Regina Carter and Jillian Lage were amazing last night

i used to think i liked jazz. then i realized that no, i just really like bossa nova and other jazz influenced genres. actual jazz bores the shit out of me. it's more often like the music equivalent of watching golf on tv: great for a nap, but not much else.

Used to like him until I found out he's in THAT cult. I won't scrap what I have, but I'll never buy more.
I can separate the art from the cult.
I met Spaulding last night

Corea's set was canceled due to pending storm. As we're walking out Esperanza is driving by in a golf cart. Due to the crowd, the cart stopped. I said hello.

She's even smaller than I thought

Back this afternoon for Omar Sosa and Harold López-Nussa. BTW, Regina Carter and Jillian Lage were amazing last night
Sweet!
Here's a wonderful introduction to Thelonious Monk -- "April in Paris"

Charlie Rouse on tenor sax
I love Monk. I've been sitting at my piano and playing I Mean You a lot lately. Not that my playing isn't shit, but its still fun.

I love jazz. Benny Goodman was my first introduction and I've been hooked since

Back