What happened to all of the doom and gloom economic threads?

Status
Not open for further replies.
AL QAEDA IS ALIVE, and Detroit is bankrupt.

Related: Flashback: Obama boasted in 2012: ‘We refused to let Detroit go bankrupt.’ Until after the election. .
 
Dear Leader On The Obamacare Train Wreck: The Law Is “Doing What It’s Designed To Do”…




I AGREE

Via CBS News:


Acknowledging there will be “glitches” in the ongoing rollout of the Affordable Care Act, President Obama on Thursday brought Obamacare supporters to the White House to stress that the law is already saving consumers money.

Obamacare, the president said, is “doing what it’s designed to do — deliver more choices, better benefits, a check on rising costs.”

Because of a provision of the health law already in effect, health insurance companies are required to spend at least 80 percent of what consumers pay in premiums on health care expenses, rather than profits or overhead. The “medical loss ratio” rule has saved more than 77 million people as much $3.4 billion up front on their premiums. On top of that, 8.5 million consumers are receiving rebates averaging about $100 per family.
 
Dear Leader On The Obamacare Train Wreck: The Law Is “Doing What It’s Designed To Do”…




I AGREE

Via CBS News:


Acknowledging there will be “glitches” in the ongoing rollout of the Affordable Care Act, President Obama on Thursday brought Obamacare supporters to the White House to stress that the law is already saving consumers money.

Obamacare, the president said, is “doing what it’s designed to do — deliver more choices, better benefits, a check on rising costs.”

Because of a provision of the health law already in effect, health insurance companies are required to spend at least 80 percent of what consumers pay in premiums on health care expenses, rather than profits or overhead. The “medical loss ratio” rule has saved more than 77 million people as much $3.4 billion up front on their premiums. On top of that, 8.5 million consumers are receiving rebates averaging about $100 per family.


Here's the Virginia health exchange site: http://www.virginiahealthexchange.net/

I just went there and got quotes for a 41 year-old couple with two kids and it showed me dozens of plans with perfectly reasonable prices, with premiums ranging from $200-$1000 per month. And they're all pre-subsidy so the actual price for most families will be much lower. Go check for yourself.

When you see this sort of thing do you just think your browser is lying to you?
 
Here's the Virginia health exchange site: http://www.virginiahealthexchange.net/

I just went there and got quotes for a 41 year-old couple with two kids and it showed me dozens of plans with perfectly reasonable prices, with premiums ranging from $200-$1000 per month. And they're all pre-subsidy so the actual price for most families will be much lower. Go check for yourself.

When you see this sort of thing do you just think your browser is lying to you?

not credible
 
When you see this sort of thing do you just think your browser is lying to you?

what I see is you falling off a turnip truck

Turnip+truck.jpg


there are 7 peeps left who think ObamaCare is anything but a disaster

You, and the other 6 are in

insane

asylums
 
no:rolleyes:

we have heard this BS

before



face it TURNIP SEED,

we were 100%

NiggaCO was 100% wrong
 
If the prices on the exchanges and links to directly buy them from insurance companies aren't reliable sources on prices, what sources do you use?
 
Here's the Virginia health exchange site: http://www.virginiahealthexchange.net/

I just went there and got quotes for a 41 year-old couple with two kids and it showed me dozens of plans with perfectly reasonable prices, with premiums ranging from $200-$1000 per month. And they're all pre-subsidy so the actual price for most families will be much lower. Go check for yourself.

When you see this sort of thing do you just think your browser is lying to you?

this is meaningless

what does ONE get for the $$$ quoted?


STOP WIT HTEH BS

ITS A FIASCO. THERE IS NO ONE LEFT WHO DOESNT SAY ITS A FIASCO
 
this is meaningless

what does ONE get for the $$$ quoted?


STOP WIT HTEH BS

ITS A FIASCO. THERE IS NO ONE LEFT WHO DOESNT SAY ITS A FIASCO


It says what you get in the quote and even links you to Humana, Aetna, etc where you actually purchase the plan.

Is the website too difficult for you to use?
 
yes

Tell me what one gets for the MONEY

Tell me what they get NOW for the SAME money

Its OK

I'll wait:rolleyes:


When I looked earlier there were like 40 quotes. You get for your money whatever it says you get. They're all different.
 
When I looked earlier there were like 40 quotes. You get for your money whatever it says you get. They're all different.

that is NOT what I axed

is it?

I axed

Tell me what one gets for the MONEY

Tell me what they get NOW for the SAME money


I'll wait:rolleyes:
 
that is NOT what I axed

is it?

I axed

Tell me what one gets for the MONEY

Tell me what they get NOW for the SAME money


I'll wait:rolleyes:


And I said it depends what you're talking about. You haven't picked a plan to ask me about. It's like if you asked what a person gets for their money if they buy a car. Depends on the car.
 
Here are a few examples. Assume family of four with parents in their late 30s with $50,000 household income. As with all post-Obamacare plans there are no lifetime caps, the insurer can't drop you when you need to use the insurance, and preventative care is fully covered with no co-payments.


Cheapie Humana PPO plan: $230 per month minus 70% subsidy = $69 per month. BRONZE
- $10k family deductible
- 50% coinsurance on most things with $17k annual maximum
- $15 drug copay or 50%, whichever is greater

Mid-range Blue Cross & Blue Shield PPO plan: $442 per month - 70% subsidy = $132 per month. SILVER
- $5000 family deductible
- 30% coinsurance with $12k annual max.
- $15 drug copay or 40%

High-end Blue Cross & Blue Shield PPO plan: $947 per month - 70% subsidy = $284 per month. Certain high-coverage plans can reduce the subsidy though so it's somewhere in between $284-$947. GOLD or PLATINUM
- $500 deductible
- 20% coinsurance with $5k annual max
- Deductible waived for doctor visits
- $15 drug copay or 40%, in addition to 40% coinsurance on non-formulary drugs and specialty drugs w/annual cap.


There are also options for FSA plans and cheaper narrow-network plans.... As well as 0% coinsurance plans where you're primarily dealing with your annual deductible.

All of these plans look affordable and reasonably priced to me, subsidy or not.
 
Last edited:
I should also add that anyone coming from an individual plan is going to see a tremendous cost decrease, as these are large group rates.
 
And I said it depends what you're talking about. You haven't picked a plan to ask me about. It's like if you asked what a person gets for their money if they buy a car. Depends on the car.

so

what you did was to throw numbers out

with NO Meaning?

sorta like saying

You can buy a car for $100, and that's great


YOU DIDNT ANSWER ANY OF MY QUESTIONS
 
so

what you did was to throw numbers out

with NO Meaning?

sorta like saying

You can buy a car for $100, and that's great


YOU DIDNT ANSWER ANY OF MY QUESTIONS


So none of those plans look unaffordable to you? Me either.
 
DENY

DISTORT

DIVERT

DELAY

DEMONIZE

DESTROY


Team Obama Plans August Assault On “Climate Deniers,” Obamacare “Liars”…




Bring it on.

Via Washington Examiner:


House and Senate foes of President Obama’s agenda on abortion, health care, immigration reform and global warming will be assailed during their summer recess as thousands in the president’s support network will confront them during “Action August.”

The president’s Organizing for Action outfit, the successor to his 2012 reelection campaign network, has issued orders to supporters to track down lawmakers who disagree with the president. Their targets are lawmakers who are telling Obamacare “lies,” those they dub “climate deniers” for resisting global warming rules, and foes of immigration reform and abortion.

“Their recess is our opportunity to speak with our elected officials directly about the issues we care about,” said an OFA email.
 
Motherfucker cocksucker LIES about everything

He must think he is CURRY


FACT CHECK: Obama spins health insurance rebates








By CALVIN WOODWARD

Associated Press


WASHINGTON -- Another year, another round of exaggeration from President Barack Obama and his administration about health insurance rebates.

In his speech defending his health care law Thursday, Obama said rebates averaging $100 are coming from insurance companies to 8.5 million Americans. In fact, most of the money is going straight to employers who provide health insurance, not to their workers, who benefit indirectly.

Obama danced around that reality in remarks that also blamed problems in establishing affordable insurance markets on political opponents, glossing over complex obstacles also faced in states that support the law.

A look at some of his claims and how they compare with the facts:

—"Last year, millions of Americans opened letters from their insurance companies. But instead of the usual dread that comes from getting a bill, they were pleasantly surprised with a check. In 2012, 13 million rebates went out, in all 50 states. Another 8.5 (million) rebates are being sent out this summer, averaging around 100 bucks each."

— After introducing several people who got rebate checks last year: "And this is happening all across the country. And it's happening because of the Affordable Care Act. Hasn't been reported on a lot. I bet if you took a poll, most folks wouldn't know when that check comes in that this was because of Obamacare that they got this extra money in their pockets. But that's what's happening."

—" If they're (insurers) not spending your premium dollars on your health care — at least 80 percent of it — they've got to give you some money back."

THE FACTS: Just as he did a year ago, Obama made a splashy announcement about rebates that incorporates misleading advertising.

The health care law requires insurance companies that spend too much on administrative expenses to issue rebates to customers. But those customers are often employers that in turn offer insurance to workers and bear the bulk of the costs. In workplace plans, the rebate goes to the employer, which must use it for the company health plan but does not have to pass all or part of it on to the worker. People who buy their own insurance and qualify for a rebate get it directly.

Obama was on solid ground in saying "millions of Americans" got rebate checks last year, but the number was not close to 13 million as he implied.

Of the 12.8 million rebates announced last year, health policy experts estimated 3 million would go directly to the insured. The government didn't know how many.

Nearly two-thirds of the 12.8 million were only entitled to pro-rated and decidedly modest rebates, because they were covered by employers that pay most of their premiums. Workers typically pay about 20 percent of the premium for single coverage, 30 percent for a family plan. Employers pay the rest.

And employers can use all the rebate money, including the workers' share, to benefit the company health plan, perhaps restraining premiums a bit or otherwise improving the bottom line. The law requires insurers to spend at least 80 percent of premiums they collect on medical care and quality improvement, or return the difference to consumers and employers.

Altogether, this year's rebates are worth $500 million, down from $1.1 billion returned last year. The government says the lower rebates mean insurance companies are becoming more efficient.

---

—"I'm curious, what do opponents of this law think the folks here today should do with the money they were reimbursed? Should they send it back to the insurance companies?"

THE FACTS: Even in that unlikely event, most people could not send it back to insurance companies because the money doesn't go "in their pockets" and they have no control over what their employers do with it.

---

—"In states that are working hard to make sure this law delivers for their people, what we're seeing is that consumers are getting a hint of how much money they're potentially going to save because of this law. In states like California, Oregon, Washington, new competition, new choices, market forces are pushing costs down."

THE FACTS: It is simply not known whether health insurance will become less expensive in those states — or nationally — than it is now, or than it would have been absent the law. And hitches in setting up the new insurance marketplaces called exchanges are not limited to Republican-led states where leaders object to the law, although that political pushback is certainly part of what's going on.

In California, for example, where there is plenty of competition by health insurers wanting to get into the exchange, an actuarial report commissioned by Covered California, the state agency running the insurance marketplace, found that middle-income residents could see individual health premiums increase by an average of 30 percent while costs go down for lower income people.

In West Virginia, Democratic Gov. Earl Ray Tomblin — also a cooperative partner in expanding Medicaid and setting up an exchange — complained to federal officials this week about delays in rules and guidelines from Washington as the state struggles to meet deadlines under the law.

"Many West Virginia families have expressed frustration" trying to find out how much policies from the exchange will cost them and whether they will get a subsidy, he said, and the state is "dangerously close" to falling short of requirements under the law.

---

Associated Press writer Ricardo Alonso-Zaldivar contributed to this report.

Read more here: http://www.miamiherald.com/2013/07/...t-check-obama-spins-health.html#storylink=cpy
 
Motherfucker cocksucker LIES about everything

He must think he is CURRY


Read more here: http://www.miamiherald.com/2013/07/...t-check-obama-spins-health.html#storylink=cpy

HHS Admits: Despite Obama’s “Guarantee” You Might Not Be Able To Keep Your Doctor Under Obamacare…




Please, try and contain your shock and amazement.

Via Weekly Standard:


As Obamacare was being pushed through Congress in 2010, the Obama administration and its allies were unequivocal in two claims: If you like your doctor and you like your current health care plan, you can keep them both. HHS Secretary Kathleen Sibelius and then-House speaker Nancy Pelosi backed the president fully in this regard. The White House even went so far as to post a “Health Insurance Reform Reality Check” on its website, where “Linda Douglass of the White House Office of Health Reform debunks the myth that reform will force you out of your current insurance plan or force you to change doctors.” President Obama upped the ante, putting the promise in the form of a “guarantee”:

THE PRESIDENT: Here is a guarantee that I’ve made. If you have insurance that you like, then you will be able to keep that insurance. If you’ve got a doctor that you like, you will be able to keep your doctor. Nobody is trying to change what works in the system. We are trying to change what doesn’t work in the system.

While there has been sniping back and forth between the administration and its detractors about the real-world application and implementation of Obamacare, the new Healthcare.gov website has taken some of the mystery out of the controversy. And President Obama and his administration do not fare well in this latest “reality check.” Among the questions that HHS recently added to the website: “Can I keep my own doctor?“:

“Depending on the plan you choose in the Marketplace, you may be able to keep your current doctor.” The bottom line is that Obamacare guarantees neither. Doctors may be only available through certain networks, just as in the current system. And only plans that existed in their current form on March 23, 2010, are even eligible to be “kept.” The vast majority of plans will be new, subject to a raft of new regulations, requirements, and restrictions.
 
US government reports $116.5B surplus, largest in 5 years
Deficit on track for smallest in 5 years

The federal government on Thursday reported a rare surplus of $116.5 billion in June, the largest for a single month in five years. The gain kept the nation on track for its lowest annual deficit in five years.

The June surplus was due in part to $66.3 billion in dividend payments from Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac. The mortgage giants were taken over by the government at the height of the 2008 financial crisis and are now repaying taxpayers for the support they received.

Through the first eight months of the budget year, the deficit has totaled $509.8 billion, according to the Treasury. That’s nearly $400 billion lower than the same period last year.


LINK

Hey busybody, eat kosher shit and die! :)
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top