Picture This Poem Challenge

Angeline

Poet Chick
Need an idea for a poem? Here are a few pictures I've collected that seem to cry out for poetry. They are all free to use without restriction, so if you want any of them for illustrated poems and would like to manipulate them in a photoediting program, feel free.

Look at each photo. Do you see stories? Maybe you just get impressions that you can express in a poem. Whatever your reaction, if one or more elicit poetry from you, post your efforts in this thread (and/or submit them as new poems). I think it'll be pretty cool to see how different poets respond to them. :)

Ange

Here's photo 1.

Last edited:
Photo 2

and another...

Attachments

• photo2.jpg
    photo2.jpg
    37.2 KB · Views: 110
Photo 3

and yet another...

Attachments

• photo3.jpg
    photo3.jpg
    38 KB · Views: 98
Photo 4

Last one tonight. :)

Attachments

• photo4.jpg
    photo4.jpg
    37.3 KB · Views: 89
Never mind me, I'm in weirdo-mode.

Attachments

• inside.jpg
    inside.jpg
    24.6 KB · Views: 65
I took the same photo with the spiraling staircase and like echoes; I rendered a sappy one too.

que?

Not Sappy Neo, this is cool I love the spiral down into the emptiness. lovely:rose:

[i

Here's photo 1. [/B]

Ok - so I'm new here but im gonna take a shot without the pretty editing..

Where ever you go - remember someone eventually traces your footsteps.

Re: Re: Photo 4

Machiavellian said:
No matter how smart you are - you will only appear to be brainless if you don't use it.

good advice. thanks. :)

besides Mach

you got yur army and your silver buttons....

boys in the hood

:p

b u m p

This thread, along with the pic-a-thon II, jump-started visual creativity and got the illustrated poetry rolling out on a regular basis—and I've been impressed ever since.

I wonder why there hasn't been an 'E' for illustrated poems. Surely there are editor picks for illustrated stories? Hmm.

Mornin neo and thanks for bumping this thread. I remember when only a few here were doing illustrated poems, but it really has taken off in the past few years. Your illustrated work continues to inspire me. :)

Can't get to the photos I originally posted on this thread because they were on the hard drive of my old computer, which I no longer have.

I'm going to post some new ones for people to use if they like. These are all "no usage restriction" in terms of copyright. That means you can illustrate them, modify them, publish them, whatever, without violating any copyright regulations. All have been resized to meet Lit's guidelines for illustrations (no more than 450 pixels wide and 40k).

So have at poets--if they inspire you to write poems--illustrated or not--post them in this thread if you like.

:rose:
Ange

Attachments

• skyflower.jpg
    skyflower.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 26
It's raining here today. I like this rainy beach photo.

Last edited:
Back