Are you able to give consent to sex while drunk?

I didn't until recently. It was actually after I'd moved back to the US after spending six years north o' the border. Lawyers still wear robes in court too :)

You waived extradition and returned willingly? or did the warrants expire after six years? :eek:

What about when you are dead?

tumblr_lapifsqq1l1qe3tg9o1_500.jpg

Dude she be in Jail...another reason Canada sucks.

You waived extradition and returned willingly? or did the warrants expire after six years? :eek:

Oh pleeeeeease. I'm the task force they called to come back and clean up the mess you dumb fucks made while I was gone!

Really? It is in the UK.

Mmhmm. After some early 80s reforms, the Canadian criminal code reclassified everything as sexual assault. There are still levels, but you cannot be charged with "rape" (even for statutory, I think, but not sure what it's called instead). Some of it was well-intentioned, like broadening definitions to punish female-on-male sexual violence equally, but I believe it's had some effects that would seem counterproductive to its stated goals. I'm not familiar enough with the details to have a strong opinion either way.

Kinda outdated article.

Last edited:
The statutory definition of rape can vary by state unless you are talking about a federal charge, which is rare. Some states have stricter definitions than others. Sexual battery is also a charge levied in lieu of rape sometimes that can have the same sentence (but not the same connotation to most people).

ETA - this is in the United States. Not Canada.

Last edited by a moderator:
The statutory definition of rape can vary by state unless you are talking about a federal charge, which is rare. Some states have stricter definitions than others.

In Canada the criminal law is federal, and standardized nationwide.

Well, down here in Texas While you are responsible if you break the law. You can not legally give consent for most things if you are drunk, drugged or insane... or under age for sex.

The statutory definition of rape can vary by state unless you are talking about a federal charge, which is rare. Some states have stricter definitions than others. Sexual battery is also a charge levied in lieu of rape sometimes that can have the same sentence (but not the same connotation to most people).

ETA - this is in the United States. Not Canada.

Will you be drunk enough for plausible deniability with luk?

The way I roll is this.

If you clearly indicate you think getting drunk or high and us getting it on is the plan...I am in.

If you get drunk enough or high enough that in my opinion you are not responsible or reasonably in control mentally and then decide you want some,you are out of luck.

While I have pulled the surprise restraint sex thing, I monitor closely to ensure whomever she might be OK with it.

Hell, I stop even if I see a hint of hesitation right up until being balls deep.

I do not want anyone that doesn't want me.

According to a recent court ruling in Canada, “a drunk can consent” to sexual intercourse.

I have consented to sex many times while shitfaced.

And you?

I was going to be a smart ass and say every time, but that's not true.

If she said yes to the drinks, then the yes to sex after she's had a few is a given, yes?

Edited. I just reiterated what others said
Post #12

Last edited:
Back