Pursued and Wooed - Closed for wombat9966

BreezySnow

calcare leviter
Joined
Oct 1, 2013
Posts
11,586
Ameila Walker – 5’5” 115 lbs, dark brown hair, green eyes

Amelia’s father, Captain William G. Walker, was being sent to America to oversee the settling of the English navy in the colony of Virginia. They say it was because he was the best person for the job and while that may be true, it was also because his daughter, Amelia, was causing a ruckus among the other young women in England. Amelia felt that the women shouldn’t be promised to a young man without their approval, that they should have a choice in whom they marry. Another thing that Amelia has been known to do is walk the streets without a chaperone, something a young lady should never do! Amelia claims she is safe because she carries a dagger with her, another thing a respectable young woman wouldn’t do! But, before he left there was to be a ball in his honor. Amelia was told she had to attend the ball and to behave like a “normal” young lady!

The ball was tonight and it was time for Amelia to start getting ready. Her maid came in and helped her bathe and then assisted her into her evening wear, a red gown with black brocade all over it. Her maid tried to talk her into wearing something not so bold and daring, the bodice of the dress pushed up her breasts so they were nearly spilling out. Amelia refused and also insisted that her hair be swept up on the top of her head little tendrils along the side of her face. Her skin was smooth and pale since it was not allowed to be exposed to the sun. She carefully applied some rouge to her cheeks and some bright red stain to her lips. She had sent her maid away before she applied the make up as she would have complained and tried to wipe it off Amelia. Before she walked out her bedroom door she stepped into her slippers and grabbed her black shawl. She knew her parents had left early as they had to be there to greet everyone. She was riding to the ball with her brother, James, who was three years younger than Amelia.

When Amelia’s brother saw her he was not surprised at how she was dressed, he knew she liked to push things at times. “Dad isn’t going to be happy about your dress. Why do you always go out of your way to bring attention to yourself and make Dad look bad?” James asked. He was dressed in a deep blue coat and breeches and a white ruffled shirt. “I am not trying to make Dad look bad, I just want to have the right to wear what I please,” replied Amelia. They walked outside and James assisted Amelia into the carriage that took them to the ball.

Upon arrival the driver comes around and opens the door for James and he in turn helps Amelia out of the carriage. He escorts her into the ball. Everything is bright and beautiful; the ladies are all wearing their best dresses and dripping in their finest jewels. The gentlemen are in their dress uniforms or wearing apparel similar to James. The musicians are set up in the far left corner of the ballroom and there are many couples dancing. Amelia sees her parents dancing around the ballroom. Her father sees them enter and gives her a look that shows his disapproval of her dress. He will not say anything while they are here, but she knows he will be yelling once they get home. Amelia doesn’t care; she likes her dress and can see that many of the men also like her dress. Amelia hands her shawl to the attendant and walks all the way in on James’ arm. Once inside James sees some friends so walks over to talk to them while Amelia stays off to one side watching the people dance. Robert Cook, a junior officer, approaches her, tells her how lovely she looks and asks her to dance. Knowing that dancing will keep her away from her parents, Amelia accepts. Dance after dance men come up and request Amelia to be their partner and each time she accepts. After a few hours of dancing, Robert Cook approaches Amelia again and asks if she would like a drink and some fresh air. She agrees, so they walk over and get some punch and then head out to the gardens. The path is lit up with lanterns hung on the trees and Robert leads Amelia to a bench out of site from the ballroom doors, but not too far that they can’t hear the music softly in the background.

As they are sitting there Amelia shivers slightly when a cool breezes brushes across her skin. Robert puts his arm around her and pulls her close, “Don’t want you to get cold” he states as he looks down at her breasts that are now next to his chest. He wraps his other arm across the front of Amelia so her arms are now trapped at her sides and he bends his head down to kiss her. Amelia turns her head to the side and he kisses her cheek. “What do you think you are doing? Let me go!” Amelia demands! “Oh come on, don’t tell me you didn’t want this to happen. You have been flaunting yourself all night and this dress, this dress says you definitely want attention!” Robert leans in to kiss her again in a way that she can’t turn her face away.
 
Last edited:
Connor McGreggor -6'5" 210lbs Brown hair, Sky blue eyes.

Connor had been in London for a few years now and had made all the right connections. Originally from Scotland he was a wealthy land owner that owned cattle and sheep but also had several mines on his property that supplied him with coal. Very important in this day and age. He was a stunning looking gentleman. A highlander from old warrior stock he was tall and had a warriors build of hard muscles, but a warm jovial face that smiled often and was quick to joke. He had dressed tonight in the same style as everyone else, but he had a large Red and black tartan sash from his right shoulder to his left hip. Attached there hung a large hunting dagger. Most people just thought this quaint.

In truth this was all a fabrication. Connor was actually a Vampire and had been for just over three hundred years. He was indeed a Scottish Highlander, But he was the head of the Clan and had faked his own death when it had become too apparent that he was not aging anymore. His wealth came from gold he had put aside before he had 'Died' and his knowledge of his clans old gold and silver mines that seemed to have been lost. His sire had taught him all the courtly manners he had been sorely lacking, while he had taught him how to defend himself, something he had needed to learn.

He had been attending the ball for appearances sake. In high society one had to do these things or suddenly you didn't get invited anymore. he had planned on leaving early when he had seen her. The one woman that had dared to be different. In a flock of gulls she stood out like a Robin. It had not taken him long to find out she was the daughter of the his host's of the evening a miss Amelia Walker. He had been trying to get a dance with her but it seemed that had been the objective of every other man in the ballroom as well. He kept an eye on her and when he saw her leave with a gentleman he followed at a discreet distance.

As he began to accost her he approached the couple and coughed sharply. "Excuse me my good man," he began with his slight trace of Scottish accent," but I believe the Lady said no. If you do not unhand her I will be forced to make you."
 
Robert Cook pulled his mouth away from Amelia, “Go away sir, everything is fine here. She is my fiancée.”

“Fiancée? I am not…” Amelia was unable to finish her sentence because Robert kissed her again. Amelia bit his lip. “OUCH, you little..”, Robert raised his hand to hit Amelia. When he moved his arm that was across the front of her to smack her, Amelia took advantage and ducked just in time so that he missed hitting her. She twisted away but he grabbed her arm. “I am not his fiancée! I am Amelia Walker and this party is in honor of my father! You are my witness that it was self-defense when I kill this person!” Amelia pulled the dagger from the garter around her right calf and stabbed it towards Robert.
 
Connor moved with Vampire speed and caught her arm with his. “My lady even though this Cad well deserves it, It would not do for a Lady such as yourself to sully her hands killing such a brute.” Pulling her back a little he placed himself between her and the man giving him no room to flee but her no room to strike at him. “ For one I am afraid you were striking in the wrong area to kill him outright so he may have overpowered you afterwards. Two, this is you Father's night and for his daughter to cause such a scandal would cast a pall over the entire evening, and three you would ruin such a fine dress.” He saw her frowning and the stupid boy grinning thinking that he was on his side. “Do not get me wrong however, I am sure you would be able to kill him without any problems whatsoever and if you wish to do so I will not stand in your way. I am only offering some friendly advice.”

Connor then looks over at the smugly smiling young man, “I do not know why you are smiling for sir, for if the young lady does not choose to kill you it will be my honor to do so in her stead. I have a great distaste for men who try to force themselves on women and I do hate to show them mercy. So your fate rests in the hands of the fair maiden. Would you like to kill him yourself and maybe cause a scandal, or would you rather leave him to me and it will just be another duel between lords over something or other and no one will really care?”
 
“I have a better idea! We call for a guard and have him thrown in the dungeon. He will lose his commission in the Queen’s Navy and it will destroy his name! He will sit down there and rot for years, which he deserves if this is how he treats a lady!” Amelia said.

“Lady? You do not act like a lady! You walk around town without an escort like a common harlot!” Robert exclaimed! Conner took that moment to release some of his anger on this man and hit him. “You will not speak to Miss Amelia in such a way or you won’t have a chance to go to the dungeon because I will make sure you are never able to speak again!” Conner growled.

Amelia heard someone coming down the path and quickly realized it was a guard doing his rounds. “Help, this man attacked me and threatened to do unspeakable things to me. If this other man had not come along I don’t know what would have happened!!” Amelia exclaimed. The guard blew his whistle to let other guards in the area know he needed assistance and his location. The guards listened to everyone’s story and then led Robert away since it was two against one on what happened. “Miss Amelia, let me escort you back inside to your father,” said the guard that originally came down the path. “Oh no, please don’t let my father know what happened. He would be very upset with me and I don’t want his evening ruined because of something that cad did. He is arrested now and I am fine, just let it be for this evening please.” She looked at the guard pleadingly. He could not resist her bright green eyes looking so sad and helpless. “Okay, but I will have to come by tomorrow and inform him because that is protocol. Would you like me to walk you back inside so you are safe?” he asks as he looks over at the other gentleman who had helped her. “No, I am sure I am fine. I just want to sit a minute before returning so my father does not suspect anything. Thank you again.” She smiles sweetly and moves to the bench to sit down. The guard reluctantly moves away and goes about his rounds knowing he will not do a full round so he can come back and make sure she is safe.

As the guard leave Amelia looks up at Connor, her eyes bright with unshed tears. “I would like to thank you Sir. If you weren’t here I don’t… I don’t even want to think what could have happened. I don't even know your name, are you from around here? I don't think I have ever seen you before.” She shivers.
 
Connor immediately removed his coat and sash. Keeping the sash he draped the coat around Amelia's shoulders before slipping the sash back on. “Forgive me, where are my manners. Allow me to introduce myself. My name is Connor Mcgregor and you are right I do not come from around here. I was born in the highlands of Scotland but as the last son of a very prolific man I have decided to travel and seek my fortune elsewhere. So far I have been able to turn a modest profit. I have but recently arrived in London and have only made the acquaintance of a few of the important people. I am remiss to say that your family was not one I had been introduced to yet, but I was hoping to rectify that horrible oversight tonight.”

Connor looked down at the woman on the bench and saw the strong woman behind the tears. At the moment she was still in shock. Even though she carried a knife this was probably the first time she had ever used it in anger. “If I may be so bold Lady Amelia, Perhaps I could show you the correct way to use that knife of yours so if, Heavens forbid this ever happens again, you may be better prepared to use it?”
 
As he slips his coat around her Amelia stiffens up worried that he may try a move like Robert did. When he stepped back away she relaxed and let the warmth of his coat envelope her. “Nice to meet you Mr. McGregor, “Amelia states as she extends her hand to shake his. Not a normal way for a lady to greet a gentlemen, but she didn’t think her legs would support her to stand and do a curtsey. I have never been to Scotland myself, but I heard it is a harsh but beautiful country. I don’t know if I will have much time to learn Sir, as we are heading to America in a week as my father has a commission to train and oversee that part of the Queen’s naval forces.” Amelia bows her head in embarrassment knowing that part of the reason for that commission was due to her behavior.

“I think maybe I better head inside before my father comes looking for me. Thank you for rescuing me and the use of your coat.” Amelia says as she stands and starts to remove his coat and hand it back to him. She starts to sway a bit and puts her hand on his arm to steady herself. “I’m sorry, guess I am a bit more shaken up then I realized.” She takes a deep breath, “I think I am okay now.”
 
He slipped his jacket back on and rearranged his sash. Offering her his arm he looked her in the eyes and putting the slightest bit of compulsion behind his words, “Why don't you allow me to escort you my Lady. After all just this once perhaps it will be good to follow protocol for your fathers sake.”

Taking her arm he began to walk with her towards the door supporting her easily as he felt her legs wobble a bit. As the approached the ballroom though her steps became stronger and he was able to relax his arm more and more until finally as the walked the path towards the open glass doors he was doing nothing more than supporting her arm like a good escort should.

As they walked in a few heads turned to see who it was but otherwise they did not cause a stir. Good, news of the incident had not made it's way into the party. He bowed to Lady Amelia. “My lady I must say that even though our time together was short it was perhaps the most agreeable I have had with a Lady since being in London. It is a pity you are leaving or I would ask your Parents permission to call upon you. Perhaps I could prevail upon you to give me one dance instead?”
 
The closer they got to the doors of the ballroom, the stronger Amelia felt. She held her head high as she walked inside being escorted by Connor McGregor. All heads turned to see who was entering, but they seemed unaware of the incident in the gardens. A few of the single women were watching Amelia with jealousy in their eyes. Connor was a foot taller than Amelia but she didn’t feel threatened by him, in fact she felt safe next to him.

“I would be honored to dance with you Sir.” Amelia replied. “As for calling upon me, I do not need my parents’ permission. I choose who I will and will not see. I would like it if you did stop by, but I don’t want you to think too much of it since I am leaving in one week.” She smiled up at him and seemed to lose herself in his eyes.
 
Connor waited with her until the band started their next song and then escorted her out onto the dance floor. It was a waltz and they flowed into the movement with confidence and ease. They floated around the floor, he leading her and she following his every movement. He used his reflexes to adjust his movements to match hers and it looked like they were matched perfectly. They stared into each others eyes, totally oblivious to those around them as they lost themselves to the music. As the band stopped they did as well and turned to congratulate them only to find they were alone on the floor and everyone was applauding them.

Connor stepped back and bowed politely to her. “Miss Amelia I must say you dance divinely. It is my distinct pleasure to have shared that dance with you. I will definitely come calling on you even if it is only for your last week in London.”

So saying he took her hand and bowed over it pressing his lips lightly upon it and then smiling he turned and strolled away into the crowd that had once again began to dance around them.
 
Amelia followed Connor’s lead easily. He was a great dancer and guided her around the dance floor effortlessly. When the dancing stopped and everyone started applauding for them Amelia blushed. After Conner kissed her hand she went to say something to him but her brother had come up to speak to her and Connor seemed to have disappeared into the crowd. She danced with a few more of the men but none were as elegant as Connor. She left the ball with her brother when there were still some guests there so her parents were unable to leave at the same time. Amelia was quiet on the ride home which was not like her at all. When they went into the house James asked if she was feeling well, she told him she was but was just a bit tired. She wished him good night and headed up to her room. She set down at her dressing table to take down her hair while she waited for her maid to come in and help her undress. After the maid helped her out of her ball gown and helped to brush out her hair she left. Amelia went over and put some water in her basin and carefully bent over it to wash her face, careful not to spill water on her nightdress or the floor.
 
Connor waited until he saw Amelia's lights go out and then he jumped up to her balcony. Landing lightly he glimpsed inside and saw her in her bed. He waited an hour until he was sure she was asleep before he glided through her open window and walked over to gaze upon her sleeping form.

She was as beautiful asleep as she was awake. Her smooth skin was natural and her hair was like fine silk as it lay upon the pillow. She had casually thrown one arm across her face and he gently removed it and tucked it back under the covers.

He was amazed at how quickly he had become attached to this girl. Of course their had been others in his lifetime. Lot's if truth be told, you didn't get to be his age without having an ex or two in the closet. Lately though he had found the women to be to insipid and dull. It was like they did not have a mind of their own or care for anything besides what was fashionable for that week or month. Amelia though was different. She had her own opinions, she knew what she liked and didn't like and didn't care if it was popular or not. She did her own thing and he had sorely missed that in a woman. The fact that she was an excellent dancer was another big point in her favor.

Connor glanced out the window and could see the sky lightening. He needed to head home. He could survive the morning sun here for several hours it usually being covered by fog but he still tried to be home before sunrise. Leaning down he placed a tender feather light kiss on her forehead and then jumped out the window and was gone.
 
Amelia awoke with a stretch and smiled as she remembered Connor McGregor. He was like no man she had ever met before. He wasn’t shocked that she had a dagger; he even offered to teach her how to use it effectively! He was so damn tall and good looking and those eyes were such a striking shade of blue! Amelia shook her head and got out of bed and went over to get dressed for the day. She picked out a bright blue dress with black trim. She washed up and did her hair while she waited for her maid to help her dress for the day. After she was all dressed and ready she knew she couldn’t put off going downstairs any longer. She would have to face her parents at some point, so she may as well get it over with now.

When she entered the dining room her parents and brother were already there and eating. Amelia got a plate and helped herself to some food and then sat down and started to eat. Her father stopped eating and looked at Amelia, “Well Amelia, why were you gone from the party for so long? Who was that gentleman who returned with you? What happened to Master Robert Cook, I saw him escort you outside and then he never returned and you came back with that stranger! What have you done this time?”

“I haven’t done anything! Robert suggested we step outside for some air and then he attacked me! I am sure you don’t believe me but look at this!” Amelia lifted her dress sleeves to show the bruising on her wrists. “Robert had a hold of me and wasn’t going to let me go! If it wasn’t for Mr. McGregor I am afraid to think of what could have happened! Mr. McGregor helped me to escape and we called the guards and they took Robert away! I asked them not to tell you about it so it would not spoil your evening! Father, I am sorry, I honestly didn’t do anything to make him think I wanted him to kiss me.” Amelia started crying.
Amelia’s mother came over and started to comfort her when the butler announced that the Queen’s guard was there and would like to talk to Captain Walker about an incident that occurred last evening. The captain excused himself and went to meet with the guard. By the time he was finished breakfast was done and cleared away and Amelia was in the parlor with her mother working on her needlepoint. James stated he was going on a horse ride and would return later.

“Amelia, I am sorry you had to deal with that last night. Please, don’t ever try to protect me. If someone has tried to hurt you I want to know right away so I can protect you, okay? I love you and am so glad that Mr. ummm, what did you say his name was?”

“McGregor, Connor McGregor, “Amelia replied.

“As I was saying, I am glad Mr. McGregor came along when he did and was able to assist you. I am just sorry I never got to meet him and thank him properly.”
The rest of the day was pretty quiet. The captain went to the prison to see Mr. Cook and make sure justice was served. Amelia and her mother oversaw some more packing of their belongings.
 
Connor had to wait until just before dusk before he could venture forth. The London fog was doing wonders for his outdoor time. His sire had taught him a lot about the truths of Vampires. Most of what people believed was pure myth sometimes spread by Vampires themselves. Not able to cross running water was rubbish. Garlic was actually quite nice. The big one was sunlight. He had always been taught that a vampire could never venture out into sunlight under any circumstances. His sire had laughed and explained that yes newly turned Vampires could not venture forth but the older they got the more resistant they got, until after a hundred years or so most could survive in low levels of sunlight, such as fog or cloudy overcast days. Rainy days were a Vampires best friend.

Connor approached the Walker household and rang the large bell on the front door. It was answered by an older servant who, after inquiring after his business directed him to a small waiting room and told him he would be back directly with the head butler. Connor barely had time to sit before a man strolled in dressed in an elegant black evening suit.
"Good evening Sir. I am the Walkers head butler. Am I to understand your name is a Mr Connor McGregor?"
He stood up and gave a small head bob to the man. "That is correct sir. I have come to call on Miss Amelia to make sure she has fully recovered from last night. I would also like to meet her Father the Admiral and offer him my apologies if I may. It was my idea to keep the incident from him and I would like to apologize for any misunderstandings this may have caused."
"Well you are indeed in luck sir, for the Master would like to meet you too. If you would follow me to the drawing room he and the family will join you shortly."

Connor accompanied the man into the large room and settled himself into one of the leather chairs. He glanced at the large collection of books on display and then looked at the large family portrait above the fireplace. The painter had certainly been talented. He could pick out Amelia with ease and they had picked out her twinkling eyes masterfully. The lady sitting in front of her must be her mother and by her looks alone he could tell they were related. If Amelia grew into half the beauty her mother was she was going to be stunning. The Admiral himself was a strong looking man, still healthy and hale looking at his age. Sea life obviously agreed with the man. His son was starting to take after him in both hair coloring and demeanor. He looked like a strapping youth and by his skin tone obviously enjoyed the outdoors as much as his father.

The door to the drawing room opened and in stepped the butler. He quickly stood up and as the man announced the family he looked expectantly at the door.
 
Captain Walker enters the room and crosses over to greet Mr. McGreggor. “I owe you my thanks and my gratitude for helping my daughter, Amelia, last night. Although I don’t agree with keeping the information from me, I do appreciate not disturbing the party. My butler tells me you have referred to me as Admiral, how did you know that was going to be my new title in America? My family hasn’t even been told of my new title yet. Irregardless, I am very grateful and would like to invite you to have dinner with my family.”

Amelia stood at the closed door and listened to her father and was shocked and proud of her father’s new title. She was excited when he invited Mr. McGreggor to dinner this evening. Amelia did not wait for his reply, she quickly left the door and hurried upstairs to put on a bit of rouge and to fix her hair and make sure she looked presentable for Mr. McGreggor. Her heart was pounding in anticipation of seeing him again. She paused mid brush stroke and realized he could have other plans and not be able to have dinner with them. No, she wouldn’t think about that, she would just go on the hope that he agrees.
 
"Ah did I let the cat out of the bag so to speak," Connor replied coughing nervously and looking down. Sighing he looked at Captain now Admiral Walker. "Forgive me Sir but I happened to be dining with the Duke and his wife the other day and they were talking about your party. It was he who mentioned your new promotion, however if you wish me to keep it private until you announce it yourself I totally understand. It was a slip of the tongue and I shall continue to call you Captain or just plain Sir until it becomes Official."

Smiling warmly he continued "As for your offer of dining with you, Why I would be honored Sir. First I would like to formally apologize though for not informing you straight away of that man's behavior. As for saving your daughter, what man would stand by and allow such a thing to continue. I just did what was my duty Sir and I am glad I was there to do it."
 
Last edited:
Amelia waited until the last minute to go down for supper. If Mr. McGreggor did accept the invitation to eat with them, then Amelia wanted to make an appearance. Amelia stepped into the dining room and paused, everyone was there. Her father at the head of the table, her mother to his right, Mr. McGreggor to his left, and her brother seated next to their mother. That left the seat next to Mr. McGreggor available for Amelia to sit.

“So glad you could finally join us Amelia” stated her father as she entered the room. “Maybe you can take your seat so we could have the food served.”

Amelia bowed her head in embarrassment and headed to her seat. As she approached Mr. McGreggor stood and held out her chair. She blushed slightly and took her seat. The rest of the meal passed by uneventfully; there was small talk and talk about the trip to America. At the end of the meal Captain Walker requested everyone have their dessert in the drawing room as he had an announcement he wanted to make.

When everyone was seated in the drawing room, Captain Walker announced to his family that not only had he gotten a new commission to go to America, he had also received a promotion, he is now Admiral Walker! Everyone was excited and happy for him and he even ordered some drinks to be brought in to celebrate. He didn’t usually let Amelia drink, but since this was a special celebration he allowed it. After the excitement had dimmed Amelia just stood back and watched everyone. She was drinking her third glass of wine and feeling very strange. She just stood there smiling.
 
Connor had been making small talk with all the Walkers making sure he did not signal his intentions towards Amelia at all. As he approached her he noticed her state and realized she was drunk. She mustn't be used to drinking and he wondered how many glasses she had drunk. Keeping his voice at a conversational level so no one could find fault with their conversation he began. "So Miss Amelia I hope you have fully recovered from the other night's incident."

When she turned to him and smiled he realized this would not end well. He would have to find a way to get her out of here without raising her parents suspicion or Ire. From his discussion with her brother Brother he seemed to be a fairly decent fellow and he did like his sister.

"Forgive me Sir, But you have a splendid estate and I was wondering if perhaps your children could give me a quick tour before it got to late and I have to retire for the Evening. After all you will not be here for much longer and I will probably not have another chance."

The Admiral pondered for a minute and then gave his consent figuring that his son would be a good enough chaperone for his daughter. Connor linked his arm with Amelia's and let James lead the way. As soon as they were out of earshot he scoured the hall for servants and seeing and hearing none he stopped James.
"James I had an ulterior motive I am afraid. It is your sister. She is a bit drunk and I did not want your parents to find out. I think we should take her to her room and put her to bed before they find out. After all I don't think it would look good do you. The other choice is to take a stroll outside and see if that clears her head. What do you think we should do?"
 
“Um, yeah, let’s take her to her room. We can sneak back down and out to the garden afterwards.” James replied when he noticed that Amelia had basically passed out.

James went to put Amanda’s arm around his neck when all of the sudden Connor scooped her up in his arms. “Lead the way” he stated. James started up the stairs and led him to Amelia’s room, James pulled back the blankets and Conner laid her on the bed. James and Connor took off her shoes and put the blankets over her. Then Conner led the way down the servants’ staircase and out the back to the garden. They walked down to the stables, looked in on the horses and then made their way back up to the house.

When they entered the house Admiral Walker approached them, “Where is Amelia?”

“She decided she was tired and went to bed instead of walking with us,” replied James.

The Admiral seemed satisfied with this answer and bid them both good evening saying that he had a lot of paperwork to finish before they set off for America.

James asked Connor if he would like to play a game of checkers in the parlor before he went home.
 
Connor readily agreed, wanting to get to know both James and the Walker family. He followed him into the drawing room and sat down at the beautiful mahogany chess table. James opened a draw built into the side of the cabinet and pulled out the two sets of carved stained checker pieces.

As they set them up they started to chat between each other.
"So Connor what do you do for a living if you don't mind me asking?"
Connor smiled at the young man and continued placing his pieces. "Ah the younger brother is looking out for his sister. Well then let me reassure you then James. I am from Scotland as you can probably tell by my accent, and I own a large property back there. It supplies me with several goods to trade here and elsewhere and I make a decent profit from it by buying and selling goods all over the colonies now. I own a small fleet of ships and they sail between England, the West Indies, The Americas and as far as New Holland."
James nodded in understanding having been around enough traders when down on the docks.
"So you own your own trading company sir. A very noble achievement for one so young. What I would like to know is, do you have any designs on my sister and if so why now when we are going in a week."

Connor had to ponder this question. Yes he did like Amelia and he was attracted to her but like James said, they were leaving in a week so where exactly could their relationship go. "Honestly James I do not know. I came tonight to check on her and yes I will admit I do find your sister a very attractive lady. It is as you say though, your family is leaving so it would be silly for me to start seeing her wouldn't it?"

They stopped talking and started to play their game. A few moves in Connor asked "So James tell me about your family and yourself."
 
“My family is boring. My dad is either away or stuck in his study doing paper work. My mom is doing needlepoint or having tea with other stuffy ladies. Amelia is the only fun one, but she gets in trouble when she is fun! I am hoping that she will be allowed to be fun in America!” James replied.

Upstairs Amelia snuggled into her blankets, but when she went to roll over she felt restrained and it woke her up. She opened her eyes and wondered how she got in her bed and why was she still fully dressed. She went to stand up but fell straight to the floor on her butt. She giggled. She crawled over to her door and opened it, crawled to the top of the stairs and slowly went down them on her butt, careful to be very quiet, or so she thought.
 
Connor heard Amelia coming down the steps and wondered just how she was doing it. It sounded like she was jumping from one step to another. To his hearing she sounded so very loud it was amazing that she had not awoken her parents or roused any servants. Looking across at James he could see that he had not heard her yet, though it would only be a matter of time. Already her giggles were becoming louder and louder to his ears. He debated whether to bring it to his notice or let the boy bring it up first. In the end he decided to take care of it himself.

"Forgive me James but I find myself in need of the washroom. Could you direct me to them?"
"Oh certainly. Turn left outside, down the hall and third door on your right."
"I thank you. I will return shortly."

Connor stood up and after bowing politely to the boy left quickly and rushed to the stairs. Finding Amelia halfway down the stairs on her behind, he rushed up to her and picked her up again and proceeded to carry her back to her room. Putting her back on her bed he looked down on her.
"Just what am I going to do with you Madam," he said in exasperation.
 
Amelia had wrapped her arms around Connor’s neck when he scooped her up off the steps. She laid her head on his shoulder as he carried her back to her bedroom. He put her down on her bed and asked her what he was going to do with her.

“Kiss me, please Connor, I want to know what it is like to be kissed by a man and not some stumbling boy,” she begged. She tried to pull her head up to his, but just didn’t have the arm strength because of the wine she had consumed and because her body is so tired.
 
Connor didn't know what to do. On the one hand he knew that Amelia was only acting like this because she was intoxicated with too much wine. On the other she was offering herself to him which he had never expected. So his choices were to tuck her back in and leave, or...

Connor helped Amelia back into the bed and pulled the covers back over her. He heard her sigh with disappointment as he leaned over her and he leaned down. "I do not know if you will remember this in the morning my dear, but I was never one to refuse a Lady a heart felt wish." Picking up her head he pressed his lips gently to hers and proceeded to kiss her thoroughly but tenderly. Putting her back down he tucked her in and then left closing the door behind him before rushing Vampire speed back to the drawing room.

Entering he walked back to the chess table and sat back across from James.
"Forgive me Sir for the interruption. Shall we continue?"
For the next hour they played several games before Connor took his leave, with James inviting him back the next night for a more challenging game of chess, to which Connor readily agreed.
 
Amelia slept the rest of the night with a smile on her lips. In the morning the maid came in and woke her up asking if she was feeling well as she didn’t normally sleep so late.

“What time is it?” Amelia asked.

“It is almost midday, you have missed breaking fast. I tried to wake you earlier but you did not respond positively so I thought maybe you were ill and let you continue sleeping.” The maid explained.

Amelia sat up and immediately grabbed her head. “Oh, I think you could be right, maybe I am ill. My head is pounding and my stomach doesn’t feel well either.”

“I brought you up some broth, biscuits and tea to help you feel better.”

“Thank you.” Amelia replied and she slowly laid back down. “Why am I still fully dressed? I don’t remember coming up to bed. I remember Connor carried me up the stairs and….” Amelia stopped as she remembered his lips pressed to hers, his tongue opening her lips easily and their kiss becoming deeper and more intimate. She didn’t remember if anything else happened, but she is guessing it didn’t since she is still fully dressed.

Her maid came over to the bed and helped her to undress down to her shift, without her exerting too much energy or moving too often. She then helped Amelia sit up in bed; she fluffed her pillows behind her and put the tray over her so she could eat her food. As Amelia ate, the maid hung up her dress and brushed it off and then took her under clothing and her corset to wash it out.

“I will return in a bit miss, to get your tray and help you lay back down and rest.”

“Thank you,” Amelia said as she started eating her broth and biscuits.

Amelia slept off and on most of the day. By early evening she was feeling much better and decided to get dressed and go down to eat with her family. She just put on an everyday dress without all the extra layers and went to join her family.
 
Back
Top