Isolated Blurts - The HT Cafe Way

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm quite sorry to hear that Rainshine, I truly wish things better for you. You have been missed.

Wow, I needed that deer to run out in front of my car like I needed a hole in the head. Stupid friggin' deer!!

Ask your vet about letting you give her IV fluids at home. It's not as scary as it sounds. The vet will give you an IV set up and show you how to use it. You insert the needle into the skin between kitty's shoulderblades and let the fluid run in as the vet prescribed. It actually goes into kitty's fat tissue, but the fluid absorbs into her system. It's the best way to keep them hydrated when they absolutely refuse food or water.

Good luck! I hope she feels better soon!

Hi Beachie--we took your suggestion and she rallied for a day, but when I went down this morning, she was gone. Guess she was just too sick and her poor little body couldn't make it.

We are all heartbroken.

Hi Beachie--we took your suggestion and she rallied for a day, but when I went down this morning, she was gone. Guess she was just too sick and her poor little body couldn't make it.

We are all heartbroken.

:( I'm so sorry for your loss.

Thank you my dears. Been trying to work to keep my mind off of it and mostly just sat here using up a giant box of tissues. I look like I've gone a few rounds with Tyson. That will be lovely when I have to go to my daughter's concert tonight. And those kids better sing well, I have a blistering headache. Thank goodness it's not an orchestra concert--think nails on a chalkboard from (terrible) learning violin players.

That poor kid had to go to school today, despite the weeping, because of said concert is her final exam and if she misses it she can't be in Chorus next year, and if she misses school on a concert day, she can't be in the concert.. May have to kick the choral director in the shin tonight just for good measure--even though I do understand the policy.

All in all, I would like this week to be over. . . right now. Damn it. That hasn't worked yet.

Thanks for all the hugs--I really appreciate them.

That poor kid had to go to school today, despite the weeping, because of said concert is her final exam and if she misses it she can't be in Chorus next year, and if she misses school on a concert day, she can't be in the concert.. May have to kick the choral director in the shin tonight just for good measure--even though I do understand the policy.

That sucks! We were in a similar situation when we lost our cat: my daughter had qtr finals starting the day we had to have her put to sleep. I know it's tough, but I bet your daughter will manage to do a good job. My own daughter managed to squeak out B's on her exams, and considering all the emotional upheaval, that's not too bad.

Sending comforting thoughts,prayers and virtual hugs your way, Saucy.

We are all heartbroken.

:( I'm so sorry. How sad...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back