WTF/FUNNY Gifs, Pics, & Videos: Volume 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
For all the hype and a very good cast this movie is going to be a shit show you can already feel it.

Just another remake of a remake.

Can't Hollywood come up with some "NEW" material instead of just remaking the same old stuff?

I guess no one has any imagination anymore.
 
Last edited:
aKjbveO_460s.jpg
 
Someone get that man a fucking award!

Here is the YouTube video which is a bit longer and more clear. Also, the name of the Welsh town is listed just below the video. What's interesting is the first syllable he speaks sounds like an 'F', but the first letters are two Ls.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=14&v=fHxO0UdpoxM

Also, here's a pic showing the name of the town from the town showing how to pronounce it (sort of):

http://www.ucl.ac.uk/pharmacology/dc-bits/jalbums/dublin-08/slides/lllanfair-station-161008.html

P.S. Reminds me of the (supposed) story about a guy on the bus who hears two people talking some foreign language. He tells them, "We're in England. Speaks English."

The woman turns around and says, "We're in Wales and we're speaking Welsh."
 
Technically...it's an origin story, not a remake.
Just saying.

I get that, but this is a modern version of the controversy back in the early 2000's when Marvel decided to reveal Wolverine's mysterious origin. That of course has changed a 100 times getting more ridiculous as it goes(is he three hundred years old yet? Did he help Washington against the Red coats?)

Some things are best left to the imagination, but of course Hollywood and most of fandom doesn't get that.

Obviously I'm a big Lovecraft fan and when his fabled book the Necronimicon kept growing in popularity people kept asking him why he didn't try to write it.

His paraphrased response was because he'd built it up to be something that could not possible live up to expectations(the book supposedly could drive a man to madness, how do you write that)

So to me, one of the best things about Joker was never really knowing how he became what he was.

Also as far as it being original...back in the Keaton Batman movie in the 80's(ugh and ugh again) We saw the Joker's origin. Small time thug falls into a vat of who knows what and comes out with a freaky clown face and permanent smile, oh, and he killed Wayne's parents.

So...technically we have seen an origin, just a shitty one.

As an aside I seem to be in the minority of people who loved Jared Leto's Joker.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top