Spirit song: the elven wanderer finally has a home.

He stands beneath the rush of the waterfall the pounding of the water washing over him. It is relentless, real. Humbling even. The rhythm of the water, the feel of the rush as he splays one hand against the translucent stream is so real to him. Tethering him to the earth, to nature. Like this he felt a part of something greater not so alone. The endless spray kicked up by the falls soak his face, hiding the tears that would otherwise be visible. The saddness comes for him sometimes, and this time had come out of nowhere and seemingly ripped holes through the elf's soul. He whispered words in elvish, swallowed up by the roar of the water. Standing behind the water like this he had the illusion of being safe, such an analogy for life. Sometimes in life we put up shields and they were as easy to cut through as it was to pass through the water.
He wished he had a better way to find peace to relax, but saddly it just would not come even here. Even here the roar of the water couldn't drown out the dark thoughts, the pain. He did not want to worry anyone by coming here like this but he needed to go somewhere. He needed the dream that this place reprisented, the lost hope.

Holding you in my heart, dear one. I don't know if there is anything I can do, but know that I am never far from you.

:heart:A

Life is short.

Hold your breath and pause.

Tomorrow isn't always as bad as today.

Sometimes it's hard to see, but the cloud only covers the Sun, it doesn't make it go away.

And other cliché.... But there's always getting drunk (yeah yeah, I know you don't drink :))

I once stood in a waterfall.

Not behind the veil but in it. It was like a great weight pounding down against my skin but it was exhilarating. As you know I am a submissive soul and being in that great rush of water there was much that reminded me of that. the impact was relentless and the only way to escape it would be to step out and end the experience but instead I surrendered to it. Let it happen even though I was completely overwhelmed, gasping to find air around the water that streamed over my face. Every bit of me was being pressed down, hair in my eyes, ears hurting at the volume. After a while I couldn't take it standing up anymore, but I still didn't step out. I knelt down and let the pressure fall on my back. Suddenly it was like a whole body massage, still extreme and overwhelming but also wonderfully relaxing...

The experience felt almost spiritual, maybe like what a christian would feel when they are baptized.

I've seen images of people meditating in waterfalls, I think I understand.

Hey glad. I love you:heart:.

Uggg:rose:

I once stood in a waterfall.

Not behind the veil but in it. It was like a great weight pounding down against my skin but it was exhilarating. As you know I am a submissive soul and being in that great rush of water there was much that reminded me of that. the impact was relentless and the only way to escape it would be to step out and end the experience but instead I surrendered to it. Let it happen even though I was completely overwhelmed, gasping to find air around the water that streamed over my face. Every bit of me was being pressed down, hair in my eyes, ears hurting at the volume. After a while I couldn't take it standing up anymore, but I still didn't step out. I knelt down and let the pressure fall on my back. Suddenly it was like a whole body massage, still extreme and overwhelming but also wonderfully relaxing...

The experience felt almost spiritual, maybe like what a christian would feel when they are baptized.

I've seen images of people meditating in waterfalls, I think I understand.

Hey glad. I love you:heart:.

He reaches out and takes Uggg's hand pulling him into the water with him holding him close as the water beats down around them. "Yes, you understand what I was trying to depict with my post. I was seeking a spiritual connection of sorts.

He reaches out and takes Uggg's hand pulling him into the water with him holding him close as the water beats down around them. "Yes, you understand what I was trying to depict with my post. I was seeking a spiritual connection of sorts.

*enjoys being held and feeling claimed:heart:*

I'm sorry the darkness got you for a bit Glad but to me you glow warm gold even when your feeling down so I know the dark can't keep you for long. You chase it away with your creativity and your sensitivity.

I miss writing with you so much... do you think you might be able to find time to write with me again soon?

I don't want to pressure you... But it's the best way I know to please you... If I'm writing with you I can delight you and help you find your light.:eek:

A few weeks ago when I was feeling upset I read back through our whole story so far. That was a delightful pleasure. Made me feel much better:)

*enjoys being held and feeling claimed:heart:*

I'm sorry the darkness got you for a bit Glad but to me you glow warm gold even when your feeling down so I know the dark can't keep you for long. You chase it away with your creativity and your sensitivity.

I miss writing with you so much... do you think you might be able to find time to write with me again soon?

I don't want to pressure you... But it's the best way I know to please you... If I'm writing with you I can delight you and help you find your light.:eek:

A few weeks ago when I was feeling upset I read back through our whole story so far. That was a delightful pleasure. Made me feel much better:)

It's a little tough some of the issue is time and the rest is what usually happens to me is it's been a while since I've written and my mind acts like I have forgotten how to write. I will try is all I can say honestly. I am sorry. You've been more than patient. I just wish I could do better for you.

It's a little tough some of the issue is time and the rest is what usually happens to me is it's been a while since I've written and my mind acts like I have forgotten how to write. I will try is all I can say honestly. I am sorry. You've been more than patient. I just wish I could do better for you.

Its okay Glad.

What I always do if I need to get back into the right head space is go back and read from the start then by the time I've caught up the brains ready to write again.:)

Its okay Glad.

What I always do if I need to get back into the right head space is go back and read from the start then by the time I've caught up the brains ready to write again.:)
Sometime that works.
I will try

It had been long since he'd been here, this home he had built. He found himself on the side of the river, feet in the water, strumming the guitar that sometimes appeared in his hands. He hummed lightly as he sat. He wondered if coming here would sooth his soul, he'd returned a week or so ago, but hadn't been here yet, hadn't come home yet.

Thought there'd be a hiatus.

Can be good for the soul.

There's a non alcoholic beverage here next to the barman, and usually at least one customer to keep you company.

To good health !

Thought there'd be a hiatus.

Can be good for the soul.

There's a non alcoholic beverage here next to the barman, and usually at least one customer to keep you company.

To good health !
A thankful nod, "Yes I leave and come as the real world dictates, saddly that bitch owns me, doesn't it?" He smiles. "Good to see you."

"Hey Glad! Welcome home!" She waves to him, smiling, from her favorite spot on the big flat rock near the waterfall.

"I was just passing through. You have such a beautiful home here. Always so peaceful. A good place to come and think." She turned her face back to the sun, smiling.

"I was just passing through. You have such a beautiful home here. Always so peaceful. A good place to come and think." She turned her face back to the sun, smiling.
Welcomee," he sits beside her sliding an arm around her slender waist, Leaning in he kisses her cheek, "You are always welcome in my home."

He’s got stardust
All around him
The way he glows
Though he never knows it

It’s just the way he is
What dreams look like
Every little thing he does
Just shows it

x🖤x​
He strums the guitar as she sings. He smiles. "Heya, welcome to my home."

He knelt in the waterfall again. He had been here before, the pound of the water somehow soothing in his pain. The roar of the water atempting to drown out the thoughts in his mind. There was so much he wanted to say to do, to express himself, but couldn't. He had to be strong to show no weakness, even here in his own sanctuary. But oh did it hurt. Fuck it hurt. The tears had barely flowed, he was beyond that. He was hollow with the pain. Why did he even come here. He Needed this home wanted the peace of this place, even though he felt in this moment that peace was a lie.

He knelt in the waterfall again. He had been here before, the pound of the water somehow soothing in his pain. The roar of the water atempting to drown out the thoughts in his mind. There was so much he wanted to say to do, to express himself, but couldn't. He had to be strong to show no weakness, even here in his own sanctuary. But oh did it hurt. Fuck it hurt. The tears had barely flowed, he was beyond that. He was hollow with the pain. Why did he even come here. He Needed this home wanted the peace of this place, even though he felt in this moment that peace was a lie.

First a rose fell from the ether into his lap. Then a bit later he felt soft lips press against his cheek. It was a mere wisp of an action. Those same invisible lips barely touched his ear as they whispered words inside it.

"From pain comes either strength or weakness. I have known you too long for you to give into despair. Whatever it is that has sucked you into this pain, you will rise above. You will be stronger. Peace is never a lie. It is the façade of strength that is a lie. Be your true self. Be not afraid to let yourself show pain. To show weakness. For you are above all things, strong. You are human. Find your words. I know you, Glad. You can do this. "

There was the sensation of being hugged. Then all was silent again, leaving him alone as she drifted back into the ether because the RL called to her.

She knelt next to him, not that she could have stood even if she wanted, under the pounding deluge. The force of the water had practically knocked her off her feet. She didn’t speak, not that he would have heard her even if she had, over the rumbling splash. Not that there were words to speak. But she was not about to allow her friend to drown alone in his pain. Not without reminding him of all the people who care for him.

She knelt next to him, not that she could have stood even if she wanted, under the pounding deluge. The force of the water had practically knocked her off her feet. She didn’t speak, not that he would have heard her even if she had, over the rumbling splash. Not that there were words to speak. But she was not about to allow her friend to drown alone in his pain. Not without reminding him of all the people who care for him.
First with the lips from the ether the words in his ear. Words from a long lost friend but one who had promised she would hear his pain if he ever truly needed help. Her words offered much wisdom wisdom that he knew to be true, even if he couldn't accept them whole heartetly right now.

Then he became aware of her, another familiar presence. This one newer in his life but still dear to him as well. He forced his hand through the water, to take her hand. He pulled her to him, tumbling behind the falls, where the water formed a barier between them and the world. There was a small hidden cave there, a shallow place where they now stood, in at the moment waist deep in the water.. He reached for her, wondering would she respond? He hugged her close. "Fuck it hurts," he whispered, the first words he could get out through the tears that had come as soon as a loving touch had been received as if the dam broke. And perhaps this was the part of Cait's words he took to heart, he had never been served by hiding his pain. Only did he heal when he let it out.

(Written with angelica's permission as the rw stole her away as well)

He was left with a small smile as Angelica also hugged him back, telling him how much people cared for him. With each repitition he believed it a little more.

He moved out of the water and lay on a blanket and closed his eyes, the warm son bathing his mostly nude form. She had mentioned something about a shower and that she would see him later. He wished he felt less lost though the life lines he had already been tossed helped he felt more grounded. The dark thoughts kept creeping in, why, fuck them. Fuck this shit... He sighed and closed his eyes, the grean hidden behind dark lashes.

He had risen at some point and gone to bed that night.

Now another evening and he was to be found on the porch overlooking the river. He had a tall glass in hand, and was gently tapping his fingers on it. Now the pain was less raw, but it was replaced by his usual jumble of thoughts, most darker than he wanted to contemplate, but as a whole he had at least some more hope for the future. What ever happened would happen. He had made his bed in life, now he had to just grin and lay in it, or grimace that was probably an option too, it depended on the bed... He really hoped in the end he would get to rest his head on pillows and blankets, but nails were still an option, one could lay on nails, right? If there were enough of them?

He was here again, so long it had been, yet his footsteps brought him here. The beauty, the tranquility would distract him from the harshness that was his reality. He did not know if they would release him from the hospital today, he was going on day 3 now. He could smell himself, he was consumed by worry for his work with boredom and loneliness, for his sister who was in active labor just one floor up. He needed the peace of here.

It found him seated on a rock, guitar cradled in his arms, stroking it as he might a lover,. His feet dangled in the water and he tried to focus on his breething. If he couldn’t control the bloodpressure they would never let him out. No, fuck the reality, he was here to forget about it for a minute. He opened his mouth and began to sing softly. He desperately needed a hug, to be held, to distract himself, but lacking that at the moment, a song was the next best thing. He danced from tune to tune having difficulty picking the one that fit his mentalstate. He felt that all he seemed to come to this place for was sollace and it was supposed to be his beautiful happy home. But then again homes weren’t just about happiness, they were about safety. He could feel safe here, couldn’t he?

She approached him quietly, bare feet silent on the soft grass and moss of the riverbank. "Such a beautiful voice. I always love to hear you sing and play, my friend." She walked out onto the rock to join him. Stopping behind him, she crouched down and wrapped her arms around his shoulders, careful of his guitar. Her breath warm on his neck as she whispered words that she hoped might give him solace.

Back