Total Trivia

Status
Not open for further replies.
The oldest surviving condom in the world has gone on display in an Austrian museum. The reusable condom dates back to 1640 and is completely intact, as is its original users’ manual, written in Latin.

The manual suggests that users immerse the condom in warm milk prior to its use to avoid diseases.

The antique, found in Lund in Sweden, is made of pig intestine and is one of 250 ancient objects related to sex on display at the Tirolean County Museum in Austria.
The condom was found in the Swedish town of Lund, and the word Lund means ‘penis’ in Hindi!
 
There is a town in France called Condom. It's the center for the production of Armagnac, a type of brandy. Town officials say that they have to replace the sign bearing the name of their town five or six times a year. They are frequently stolen by British tourists.
The French word for "condom" is "preservatif."
 
The first known published description and clinical trials of condoms were recorded by Gabrielle Fallopius. His sheath was made of linen.
 
Hostess Cupcakes and Twinkies are Interstate Brands Corp.’s two most popular snack items. Every year, the Americans gobble half a billion of each.
 
The dish chop-suey does not come from China. It was created by Chinese immigrants in California
 
Pain from any injury or illness is always registered by the brain. Yet, curiously, the brain tissue itself is immune to pain; it contains none of the specialized receptor cells that sense pain in other parts of the body.
 
The average kid in America eats about 46 slices of pizza a year. In the U.S. pepperoni is the number one favorite topping and anchovies are last. In Japan the favorite topping is squid!
 
6 out of every 10 apples that get eaten every day in the U.S. were grown in Washington State
 
The largest cell in the human body is the female egg and the smallest is the male sperm.
 
When you are looking at someone you love, your pupils dilate, and they do the same when you are looking at someone you hate.
 
A female pharaoh was unknown in Egypt before Hatshepsut, who began her reign in 1502 B.C. In order not to shock convention, she had herself portrayed in male costume, with a beard, and without breasts.
 
Following his breakup with the Beatles in 1971, Paul McCartney formed his group Wings. The group was nameless until McCartney, awaiting the birth of his daughter Stella about a month later, prayed for her health. He came up with the group's name on the "wings of an angel."
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top