ORP anouncements

Status
Not open for further replies.
Woohoo! I get to milk another storyline! I get to milk another storyline!

There is, however, a catch.

In trade for the storyline, I have to let him try one of my ideas.

guess which one he chose? (cats would probably guess it right off the bat.)
 
HSB? Who are you trading stories with?


Also godzilla is the mother... I think.
 
cats said:
HSB? Who are you trading stories with?


Also godzilla is the mother... I think.
The same guy I got those other story lines from. He writes as a pass time, but goes to school for... Know what, I forgot what he goes to school for, I think it was Video Game design, something involving 3D animation.

Thing is, HSB is really my only true successful thread, and as I said, he really does it as a pass time, I seen one of his stories, not too much better than my old RP'ing; so I am a bit- uh, how should I say it reluctant. So I gave him a challenge.

Take one "scene," and write it your way.

Not sure what scene he's doing, nor do I know when he's going to show it to me, but I'm kinda looking forward to it.
 
Huh, give me the jist of it some time after, since I am now very curious.

As for sucessful threads, it was very much an uncommon sucess. If you look at its size it impressive, and also it was alive and well close to what, two years I believe. Basicly what I am getting at is any one who plans to have a thread last that long hasn't been on lit very long or is a bit to much of an optimist. Outside of OOC and discusion threads HSB was one of the largest threads the RP forum has ever seen. The first two star wars threads, Dragonball NW, Loa Blood, and (I think it was called) European funhouse are the only threads I have seen that are that size and still an rp. Furthermore I believe each of those was by a difrent starter, so it is an exceedingly rare event for threads to be like that.

On a side note, when we were writing that I concated a vague picture in my mind of who every one would be with in the end. Eiji and Tetsuru were in the center Tetsuru having probably jumped into Eijis arms, if you can see that image. Off to one side You have Lee and Rikku not holding each other but standing closer then people not intiment with each other usaly are. Then on the otherside Yoshiro is holding Lea, keep in mind my end plan was to seperate Lea from Lee. Then outside of them we have Momji and Touji, momji has her hand on Toujis shoulder sense he wasn't to emotional. Then we have Mai and Milo, and truth be told I never decided a pose for them. Perhaps we should also toss cerbie in there some where, but he isn't in my old mental image. I often talked to tumbe, who is the artist in my life, about drawing it. She said she would but then I was to lazzy to give a description of each characters looks.
 
cats said:
Huh, give me the jist of it some time after, since I am now very curious.

As for sucessful threads, it was very much an uncommon sucess. If you look at its size it impressive, and also it was alive and well close to what, two years I believe. Basicly what I am getting at is any one who plans to have a thread last that long hasn't been on lit very long or is a bit to much of an optimist. Outside of OOC and discusion threads HSB was one of the largest threads the RP forum has ever seen. The first two star wars threads, Dragonball NW, Loa Blood, and (I think it was called) European funhouse are the only threads I have seen that are that size and still an rp. Furthermore I believe each of those was by a difrent starter, so it is an exceedingly rare event for threads to be like that.

On a side note, when we were writing that I concated a vague picture in my mind of who every one would be with in the end. Eiji and Tetsuru were in the center Tetsuru having probably jumped into Eijis arms, if you can see that image. Off to one side You have Lee and Rikku not holding each other but standing closer then people not intiment with each other usaly are. Then on the otherside Yoshiro is holding Lea, keep in mind my end plan was to seperate Lea from Lee. Then outside of them we have Momji and Touji, momji has her hand on Toujis shoulder sense he wasn't to emotional. Then we have Mai and Milo, and truth be told I never decided a pose for them. Perhaps we should also toss cerbie in there some where, but he isn't in my old mental image. I often talked to tumbe, who is the artist in my life, about drawing it. She said she would but then I was to lazzy to give a description of each characters looks.
Mmm, I had a basic guess that' how it would end, with a difference here and there, the biggest being Milo not being in the picture. I actually intended for him to leave before the end of the role play, partially because I was building Milo to really have issues with his past deeds, regardless if he was forced to or not, and because I was building him and Mai to be my main characters for the next generation of HSB. Was never sure what Mai and Milo's relationship was going, but I know Yamanaka was being one hell of a wrench in it.

Most likely, Yamanaka would be by Mai and Cerberus' side at the end. Eiji would probably had been a injured mess, (Tetsuru not making it any better,) Touji would still be on the brooding side, even though chances are, Momiji would have broken through by the end, your guess about Yoshiro and Lea would probably be dead on, and Lee and Riku would probably be matching wits.
 
cats said:
Random question, what was your favorite scene from HSB?
There are a few I really liked, and a few I wish I never wrote. I know Jacobo got a real kick from the "Pikachew Che Toy" bit. Cerberus arguing with himself was great, that was probably my favorite, I wrote at least. The whole boat argument was great, I honestly didn't see it coming.
 
Huh, don't remember the boat argument. I remember the boat trip and Yoshiro briefly trying to hurt Lee, or something along those lines.

My two favorites were Cerbie and the rodent he chased into a hole. The entire thing seemed to be what an intelligent dog would do. The second one would be right after the tourenament in the second section of the story. Rikku disguised as Lea accepted a date with Yoshiro and so Lee went as Lea and so did Rikku and they switched back and forth in the restroom.
 
cats said:
Huh, don't remember the boat argument. I remember the boat trip and Yoshiro briefly trying to hurt Lee, or something along those lines.

My two favorites were Cerbie and the rodent he chased into a hole. The entire thing seemed to be what an intelligent dog would do. The second one would be right after the tourenament in the second section of the story. Rikku disguised as Lea accepted a date with Yoshiro and so Lee went as Lea and so did Rikku and they switched back and forth in the restroom.
Lee and Rikku started arguing about Lee's "approach" to women, while he was rubbing sunscreen on Momiji's back. This led to Touji nearly loosing it, Yoshiro getting knocked out by Tetsuru, and a hell of allot of shocked expressions.

I nearly forgotten about Cerbie's chase scene with the rabbit. That was too funny, felt a bit out of place, but then again, it felt it was perfectly in place.

I remember Rikku being a real lawn mower when it came to food, while Lee was more of a sophisticated eater.

Actually, I had a vaguely written end to the thread, vaugue because I didn't know what happened to the characters in the end. But with our guesses how things would have ended, I think it would have went something like:

"It has been two months since he left. Mai since then sat on the roof at night, watching and waiting for Milo to return her right arm on Cerberus' back, sometimes I'm out there, sitting with her. It took me a bit, but I realized why she's out there, and why she was so angry and sad when he left; without noticing it, Milo had unintentionally become a member of the family, it feels a bit empty without him being around, shifting his reading glasses, sighing in annoyance whenever Mai and I got into a argument, being the calm kid one step ahead of things when everything started to look bad.

He told us he'd return, but never said how long, and I doubt it will be anytime soon, but still, it's OK to sit up on the roof, and wait.

Yamanaka is becoming more and more like his brother, if he taken a different road Touji had. He does have a few hot headed streaks, but is quickly put back in his place, for the most part by himself, but there are times it's a swift kick in the tail by Touji, Mai knocked him around once or twice as well.

Touji himself is a decent example of the saying 'old habits die hard.' He still clings onto the fact that the 'beast' within will eventually take over, even though he showed himself he had control over it when he beat me. Even then, Momiji is right there by his side, so is his little brother, so I don't see it happening anytime soon. Touji sometimes train with me, but it's not often, it easily goes from a spar into a real fight... Momiji gets furious at both of us when it happens, partly for my well being, mostly for Touji's. Yeah, old habits die hard.

Yoshiro and Lea are still with each other, Lea still holding the leash. What power she has over him is beyond my understanding, he's strong mentally and physically, physically I can vouch, I seen the furious, over protective of his sister rage he holds personally. Yet, whenever Lea's around, his face is as red as his hair, and is stuttering over his own words. I'm betting Lea is glad Yoshiro never found about the 'siblings' ' secret.

Lee is probably even more relived the big guy never found out. Lee's as arrogant as ever, and there's still no clear victor in... I guess you can call it a rivalry. He still claims he needs to even the score for the tag tournament, even though I did pass out right after he did. He and Rikku still argue like a married couple, and although the rest of us enjoy it, none of us will say they act like so, especially after Lee hurled his sword at Touji's head for blurting it out once. Still, the fact they argue makes one wonder...

Cerberus... Well, he's still Cerbie, whenever we're around him... Er... Aside from Rikku, who, no matter how nice Cerbie is to her, has a bit of her cat instinct... He acts like a normal two headed dog would. But whenever he's alone, he has some sort of adventure that would get him in trouble, mostly by large groups of woodland animals... I never figured out how or why, dog being a dog I guess.

Mai, aside from waiting, tries to continue her life, dealing with the fact she has a strong, unrefined wellspring of energy, I'm sure Yamanaka's constant pestering helps keep her mind off her own troubles. She never admits it, but she worries more about other's problems more than her own.

Tetsuru... ugh... How can I put this lightly... Is... Well, Tetsuru. I have a hard time figuring out where the spring of spunk and cheerfulness come from. Fact of the matter is, the Tower may have open the can of worms, but Tetsuru's the one who turn this world I call my mind upside down. Only she can act like a fool in front of everybody. Touji and Lee get a real kick out of it, all the more reasons for me to take my aggression out on them. It's a wonder what she sees in me though... I ask her once in a while, but all I ever get is a weak smile, followed by a burst of laughter.

As for me, I still go with the flow. Ever since I placed the dark past behind me, it's been easier to live the normal life of a person in this town. Tetsuru, Mai, and everybody, for the most part made it easier for me to handle it all, but I still head but into a few large rocks in the white rapids. Gramps once told me, 'fate is a tough game to beat. One wrong move could mean game over, but one must always remember, fate is not a straight line, there are many paths, and plenty of turn to get you on the right track.'

That's what I do, that's what we all do. The threads of fate do not control us, nor do we control it."


Or something of that sort.
 
Last edited:
I liked it. Seemed to flow a bit like the ending would. Perhaps JC and I would change a few things from our perspectives, perhaps not. By this I mean the ending might not of been what e were planing or going to say but t definitely has a good feel to it even though only one of three writers wrote it.
 
Well, you do remember I made most of the characters, NPC and those both you (Katala right before K-Lee) And JC (Touji, Yamanaka, and Momiji,) as well as, for the most part, half-assed GMed it.

Funny thing is, I actually had my first few post in mind... Goo grief, I remember them so easily I can post them now for the fun of it, (might do it as well, positive nostalgia is great.)

Let's face it, that thread was a cult favorite, didn't Arc use to read it once in a while?
 
hah i wrote too polite. i'm attempting to begin a novel as well. i read a crapload of fiction so... i'm inspired so to speak. but i have the problem with if i want to advance my chances of a good career, i had best write NON-fiction. though i suppose i could do both.




BACK by the way. as in the house is no moved in, but i have a table, my computer, and now cable.
 
and as for your comment cats, i don't think any RP thread i've started has EVER been "sucessful" this is pretty much the only thing of mine tht still exists. i remember there were two rp's i had started that had potential. one just died spontaineously, and the other PMtick and i milked along untill it was just 5 pages of us writing and then gave it up.

if something comes to mind i might propose another, but as far as i'm concerned, sucessful threads are like lightning strikes.
impossible to predict.
 
I still thing our term success is off. Even threads like this and te pillow pit are exccedingly rare, on both the orp and the srp forums. Further more once they are there they don' really die.

I'd can the 600 posts of Darkwarriors "Dragon wars" a success. And ontop of its size the thread completed its first challenge which was beating back the slayers. The second challenge of deaftin themin there own demension on the oher hand was let incomlete.

So there are two measures of sucess in my mind. The first is how many goal/ plot point completeion cycles did it go threw. If does one I call it a sucess. The scond one may be clichie but it is still acurate, did the players enjoy it. I supposealong those lines when players stop enjoying the thread it deserves to die.

And my final tought, I miss PMTick.
 
Oh, and yes Arc read the thead, atleast at one point. Along those lines it was interesting to watch late jioners try and come in. Perhaps there is a way we coud of made that simpler, oh well.

So Hy can you guess what tread you and I were in that I still think died to early?
 
I would name other people I miss but I know I will forget some one important, so I resist.
 
cats said:
Oh, and yes Arc read the thead, atleast at one point. Along those lines it was interesting to watch late jioners try and come in. Perhaps there is a way we coud of made that simpler, oh well.

So Hy can you guess what tread you and I were in that I still think died to early?
Too many to count and claim which. There was Dawn of Magic, Closet Heroes and Villains, and both Stars in Your Hand, (probably more, but I forgot...) All seemed like they were going for the long run, at least two or three months.
 
Ravenloft... Hmm, first thing that came to my mind was the two dragon role plays, but he didn't start those... Can't be Pillowpit, that one is still running...
 
Tenchi's Art and Magic supplies. I think that thread died way to soon.

You, Me, JC, Pooh, Raven, Arc, and I don't remember who played the cat.
 
Oh man, that was a long time ago.

I'm starting to notice our strong points are both the fact we're usually in the same thread, as well as we last longer in Anime-based role plays.
 
Typicaly, I think it is a result of liking high powered combat which comes with animie. Also there is no harm in throwing in a few random jokes,because that also fits into the story.
 
cats said:
Typicaly, I think it is a result of liking high powered combat which comes with animie. Also there is no harm in throwing in a few random jokes,because that also fits into the story.
Where in some of the threads a little random joke goes a long way, negatively. Not to mention Anime/Manga doesn't have a solid base like some things, so there's little boundaries, and plenty of space for one's imagination can run.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top