Marijuana Majority: Americans Now Back Legalization

The big debate we have going on in the courts presently, is the number of living organisms we are allowed to grow. I'm allowed 25 on my licence, but that number is reached at growing by one method only, namely, seed to flowering in fall. With the advent of better home grow systems and rotation crops, many growers are far exceeding the number of organisms allowed, but staying within the prescribed amounts of dried herb as per their licence for possession and storage. I have over 60 organisms growing in various stages, from moms, clones, vegging plants and flowering plants. I'm still within my limits of production, but I'm vastly over in my stem count. They tried to say these growers were doing it for commercial purposes and not medical, but studies are showing these growers were staying within yield limits but the grow method is unconstitutionally fair, in that there are more than one way to grow and these factors weren't taken into consideration when plant numbers were given.

I have yet to have anyone invade my privacy and want to inspect my grow, as has anyone else. It's only if people are suspicious and involve police, do things come into play and shit happens.

The government will figure out a way to screw this up. They're working on it already.

1. They're going to come up with a level of THC that is prima facie evidence of intoxication, and it's going to be so low that practically anyone will test positive.

2. All jobs (except elected officials and their toadies) will require random and periodic drug testing.

3. Taxes on product will be so high the black market will still thrive nicely. In addition, legal purchases made are all recorded in FBI databases.

4. All the Pot Police can remain employed, busting people for possessing weed without the proper tax stamp, cultivating without a license, etc.

So everyone will be happy, and for most of us things will be pretty much the same as they are now.

Royce and Jacktar, those are both great responses and rather true, I hate to admit.

For the record, no officers have checked up on me in person. Instead, they send a police helicopter to buzz my field, take pictures I suppose, and generally intimidate with their presence. This happens every year, and whether I like it or not, it is part of Shasta County's program.

Of course, Shasta County wants to partner with Big Tobacco and push the little grower right out of the picture, but there are a lot of us up here, and we won't go easily or nicely. I am fighting for my right to grow, all the way.

Royce and Jacktar, those are both great responses and rather true, I hate to admit.

For the record, no officers have checked up on me in person. Instead, they send a police helicopter to buzz my field, take pictures I suppose, and generally intimidate with their presence. This happens every year, and whether I like it or not, it is part of Shasta County's program.

Of course, Shasta County wants to partner with Big Tobacco and push the little grower right out of the picture, but there are a lot of us up here, and we won't go easily or nicely. I am fighting for my right to grow, all the way.

The bastards just surveyed my garden by helicopter this morning. 'Tis the season...

I did not shoot at them. But I wanted to.

I know what you mean. Here in CA, we are not allowed to own guns and have a script at the same time, so no gun for me, although I would like one to scare off the meth addicts that roam the night with headlamps on, to keep their hands free.

I wanted to run out back and flip off the copter cops with both hands, but I also restrained myself.

I know what you mean. Here in CA, we are not allowed to own guns and have a script at the same time, so no gun for me, although I would like one to scare off the meth addicts that roam the night with headlamps on, to keep their hands free.

I wanted to run out back and flip off the copter cops with both hands, but I also restrained myself.

So in California, you have to waive your 2nd Amendment rights in order to obtain a legal medication?

So clever. And so grotesquely unconstitutional. Maybe you should lose your 1st Amendment rights too -- you know how potheads tend to babble. It could be a threat to National Security. We all know "Loose Lips Sink Ships."

I certainly hope someone is challenging this.

We moved from Los Angeles to Northern California and we never wanted a gun, because of all the violence we had seen down there. A gun would not be necessary for growing marijuana, up here, if not for the thieves.

I still don't want to own a gun, but at times, it would be nice to know I could defend myself. During late September, someone is always home with lights on, and, so far, that has worked. It might also be that the local thieves have some sympathy for me. I was widowed in 2010 and they know that. I started growing indoors, which is safer, and went outdoors about 8 years ago, which I prefer. Nothing beats organic outdoor, provided the strains themselves are killer.

We moved from Los Angeles to Northern California and we never wanted a gun, because of all the violence we had seen down there. A gun would not be necessary for growing marijuana, up here, if not for the thieves.

I still don't want to own a gun, but at times, it would be nice to know I could defend myself. During late September, someone is always home with lights on, and, so far, that has worked. It might also be that the local thieves have some sympathy for me. I was widowed in 2010 and they know that. I started growing indoors, which is safer, and went outdoors about 8 years ago, which I prefer. Nothing beats organic outdoor, provided the strains themselves are killer.

I was just discussing the issue of indoor/outdoor with someone this morning. I know some people think "hydro" is the absolute best, but I've always been skeptical. The Plant People know what they want, and that ain't it.

This is Arkansas, and we all have guns. And I'm glad we do. It makes people reluctant to disturb me on my mountain-top. And the ones I am most interested in discouraging are not my neighbors -- it's assholes from far away who think they have the right to dictate every moment of my life.

I was just discussing the issue of indoor/outdoor with someone this morning. I know some people think "hydro" is the absolute best, but I've always been skeptical. The Plant People know what they want, and that ain't it.

This is Arkansas, and we all have guns. And I'm glad we do. It makes people reluctant to disturb me on my mountain-top. And the ones I am most interested in discouraging are not my neighbors -- it's assholes from far away who think they have the right to dictate every moment of my life.

I had that same discussion and after a taste test of hydro vs. soilless mix vs. outdoor of the same strain (an Afghani x Haze cross), the soilless came out the best in terms of quality and strength, as well as yield per plant. The hydro 'bite' wasn't there and the lack of extra bug protein from outdoor grow wasn't there either. I'm on a 2 week cycle of growing, so that I have a crop come out every 2 weeks and never have to worry about losing my crop to weather, thieves, or bugs.

We don't have guns here, but a few aluminum bats and a guard dog make it an unlikely choice to pay me a visit unannounced. Most people freeze at the thought of pulling the trigger, I have no qualms about driving the business end of the bat in their face a few times without thought or remorse.

I had that same discussion and after a taste test of hydro vs. soilless mix vs. outdoor of the same strain (an Afghani x Haze cross), the soilless came out the best in terms of quality and strength, as well as yield per plant. The hydro 'bite' wasn't there and the lack of extra bug protein from outdoor grow wasn't there either. I'm on a 2 week cycle of growing, so that I have a crop come out every 2 weeks and never have to worry about losing my crop to weather, thieves, or bugs.

We don't have guns here, but a few aluminum bats and a guard dog make it an unlikely choice to pay me a visit unannounced. Most people freeze at the thought of pulling the trigger, I have no qualms about driving the business end of the bat in their face a few times without thought or remorse.

Dogs are the best! Especially if they're half wolf and don't bark. ; )

What kind of bugs are a problem? I didn't think anything ate the stuff, which is one reason why Dow Chemical hates the idea of commercial hemp production.

I must admit, a paint-ball gun crossed my mind, along with a used shotgun, loaded with rock salt. Aluminum bats would also work and Leo, our large Lab, certainly sounds meaner than he is.

Soil indoors is my second favorite. All indoors grows cost more to produce, due to the electricity used, but that does not mean it is worth more to me, or more valuable for any other reason.

I only wish growing outside was not such a gamble with the changing weather patterns. I bought 55 gallon trash bags to cover them in case the September polar vortex they predicted gets down this far. I certainly hope not, but want to be prepared, if need be. I jute string tie them up first, like Christmas trees on the lot, and then cover, until the rains subside.

Dogs are the best! Especially if they're half wolf and don't bark. ; )

What kind of bugs are a problem? I didn't think anything ate the stuff, which is one reason why Dow Chemical hates the idea of commercial hemp production.

The tiniest of bugs are the worst. Aphids, thrips, whiteflies, and the dreaded spider mites. They can devastate a crop in a day or two. Deer and rabbits enjoy a good munch on them too.

Hemp is a very resistant plant and doesn't need much more than natural predators to keep them healthy and don't need chemicals or nutrients to make them grow well. That's why Dow and Monsanto hate it, because there's no money in it for them.

The only problem we are experiencing this year came from the dispensary when I brought home two new varieties. I also brought home rust, an insidious fungus. But there is some stuff called Green Cure, you spray it on, of course, and it works wonders. The deer have never been interested in my stuff and now that they cannot get to it, it no longer matters.

Hemp is the way of the future, even if certain companies can't cash in on it.

The tiniest of bugs are the worst.

Is it wrong of me that I consider my front door neighbor something kin to a bug?

She steals electricity and has no water. Her cats urinate on the hallway because she doesn't close the door. The smell is .... bad.... She is constantly cursing. Her volume is permanently set on scream. She hasn't paid her dues in 7 years and proudly states she never will. She has the habit of smashing her hand on the elevator door and screaming insults at the people holding the elevator, whether those people exist or not. She has a cockatiel that squawks in the wee hours of the morning from lack of attention. The property she's on is now owned by the bank, so she's squatting while doing everything I've mentioned. When she moves things around, roaches crawl out into the hallway. She has no money to pay her bills but has money to keep a driver on permanent retainer (plus feed for her animals).

Last, and the most disturbing bit of it all ................ She has made it a point to sometimes parade herself in front of me in her underwear and nightgown when she hears me fiddling with my locks or while asking me to help her with the functionality of her cellphone.

In short ..... I have a female troll (the fae kind) living next door that sexually harasses me.

I don't need to read urban fantasy. I live it.

I swear that if I wasn't a non-smoker, I would be inhaling marijuana simply to forget her existence.

Montanos

Last edited:
Montanos, that is a very sad tale you tell, and I have great sympathy for you. Maybe you should try an edible, which feels more like a muscle relaxer than smoking the herb. But, it seems your problems will eventually go away, once the authorities do their job. In the meantime, good luck with avoiding her.

Alaska reporter outs herself as pro-pot activist in epic on-air resignation: ‘F*ck it, I quit’

Charlo-Greene-Facebook-800x430.png

she surprised viewers and her colleagues by quitting in dramatic fashion, reported the Alaska Dispatch News.

“Now everything you’ve heard is why I, the actual owner of the Alaska Cannabis Club, will be dedicating all of my energy toward fighting for freedom and fairness, which begins with legalizing marijuana here in Alaska,” Greene said. “And as for this job, well — not that I have a choice but, f*ck it, I quit.”

The she walked off camera as her stunned anchor apologized to viewers.

:D:D:heart:

I must admit, a paint-ball gun crossed my mind, along with a used shotgun, loaded with rock salt. Aluminum bats would also work and Leo, our large Lab, certainly sounds meaner than he is.

Soil indoors is my second favorite. All indoors grows cost more to produce, due to the electricity used, but that does not mean it is worth more to me, or more valuable for any other reason.

I only wish growing outside was not such a gamble with the changing weather patterns. I bought 55 gallon trash bags to cover them in case the September polar vortex they predicted gets down this far. I certainly hope not, but want to be prepared, if need be. I jute string tie them up first, like Christmas trees on the lot, and then cover, until the rains subside.

If there is danger of frost, it's my experience that covering things with plastic will not help. The best thing I have found for that is old bed sheets.

If it's rain you are protecting plants from, I suppose plastic would better though.
We rarely have excessive rain here, so I don't know. Is it bad for the plants if they get too wet?

jacktar48, I would only use the plastic, if the weather threatened several days of rain, without the time to dry out all the way, again. In the case of this storm, arriving tonight or tomorrow, I will just stake and jute string them up and let the rain wash off the pollens and stuff. When they were small, I put tomato cages around them, so the bottoms are secure, it is just the tops I will tie up to prevent breakage from weight. There should be enough clear weather to dry them out completely. The problem with excessive rain is that some of the bud material can get wet deep inside and start to rot or mildew from it. So daily careful inspections keep that in check. Good luck.

Yes, JackLuis, that was a interesting article on that reporter. Reefer Madness, a musical, how funny!

jacktar48, I would only use the plastic, if the weather threatened several days of rain, without the time to dry out all the way, again. In the case of this storm, arriving tonight or tomorrow, I will just stake and jute string them up and let the rain wash off the pollens and stuff. When they were small, I put tomato cages around them, so the bottoms are secure, it is just the tops I will tie up to prevent breakage from weight. There should be enough clear weather to dry them out completely. The problem with excessive rain is that some of the bud material can get wet deep inside and start to rot or mildew from it. So daily careful inspections keep that in check. Good luck.

Yes, JackLuis, that was a interesting article on that reporter. Reefer Madness, a musical, how funny!

I realized that I had left the Link off the story, so here is a follow on that has the video.

My friend took to using a couple of industrial fans to keep the buds well aired and less chance of rot. Trying to keep a lot of plants under plastic is a challenge with run off and making sure it doesn't drown the roots.
I'd hate to get through the whole growing season and lose it all at the last moment before harvest to frost, rot, or thieves.

Thanks for adding the link, JackLuis.

RoyceConnors, I agree completely. Rain, frost, rot, and thieves are my main worries at the end of each season. We spent the afternoon staking and tying up all the tops and we are still waiting for the rain to arrive. At least, I am ready for it. We use fans, after they are harvested, on opposite sides of the drying room, which is always dark. But I have never used fans outside. That is an interesting idea.

Thanks for adding the link, JackLuis.

RoyceConnors, I agree completely. Rain, frost, rot, and thieves are my main worries at the end of each season. We spent the afternoon staking and tying up all the tops and we are still waiting for the rain to arrive. At least, I am ready for it. We use fans, after they are harvested, on opposite sides of the drying room, which is always dark. But I have never used fans outside. That is an interesting idea.

Just seal any plug ends so they don't get wet. If they're under the tarp, they won't get wet in the motor and short out. My friend has great success like that in his backyard grow. He uses a plastic greenhouse at the end now. He puts the frames up at the start and just pulls the cover over in Sept. Two people make it easy to do and no harm to the plants at all. Might try that for next season.;)

I'm heading to the Karma Cup in Nov here in Toronto to check the best of the best of everything. I was asked to enter my Pineapple Kush in the hybrid category, but it's not tweaked right yet. It's way too strong for anyone to do and knocks them out in minutes, lmao. It came in at 24% THC and 1.6%CBD and hits like a hammer.

Royce, thanks for the tip. The rain has arrived and there was no need to tarp my garden, so they all got a good washing and are doing fine. The temp is relatively warm still. Sun is due for the next week, so plenty of time to dry again. Your strain sounds great although Kushes are not my favorite. I am totally a sativa type woman and my favorites are all heavy on that side. White Widow won the Cannabis World Cup in '95 and was 20% at that time, and still is, in my garden. I do appreciate strong herb. Smoke less and get much higher.

Once word of this gets around there are going to be even more advocates for legalization :D

Foria -- get your vulva high
Posted: 02 Oct 2014 03:07 PM PDT

I tried this product with a large dose of skepticism, but oh my god, I haven't had an orgasm this intense for decades. It didn't increase my arousal or bring me to orgasm faster, but once orgasm crept up on me, it was more powerful and much deeper than what I've experienced lately. - F, age 70

Have any of you used Foria, a combination of coconut oil and THC (cannabis) oil, used on vulvas for sexual enhancement? I'll be blogging about this and would like some opinions/experiences from people who have tried it, especially (though not exclusively) from our 50-80+ age group. Contact me privately if you don't want to identify publicly.

Foria is only available for residents of California with a physician statement and recommendation letter for the use of medical marijuana. If you tried it even though you don't "qualify," I'd still like to hear from you and will keep your info confidential. Email me with "Foria" in the subject line.

This post will be expanded once I gather the personal experiences. I hope to hear from you!
from Joan Price's Naked at Our Age/ Better Than I Ever Expected: Sex and Aging blog (http://betterthanieverexpected.blogspot.com/), by Joan Price, author of Naked at Our Age: Talking Out Loud About Senior Sex and Better Than I Ever Expected: Straight Talk about Sex after Sixty. http://www.nakedatourage.com

Back