Best sentence you've ever heard?

Open your mind

"You are physically repulsive, intellectually retarded, you're morally reprehensible, vulgar, insensitive, selfish, stupid, you have no taste, a lousy sense of humor and you smell.
-Alexandra Medford, The Witches of Eastwick

“Open your mind; see the world in all its splendid color; truly look at the uniqueness of the people around you and cherish the nuances; and, before you make judgments of others and their lifestyles, always remember that there are a million ways to live and love and be loved, and no one way is right or wrong.”
― Ella Dominguez
 
Dyin' ain't much of a livin', boy.

From The Outlaw Josey Wales
 
Robby Benson in 'One on One"...

"All the way up with a red hot poker coach. I can play anywhere I want to now!"
 
It's a tie between these two for the top spot


"In three things is the quality of a man revealed. In his wine goblet, in his purse, and in his wrath."


"I am but mad north-north-west. When the wind is Southerly, I know a hawk from a handsaw."


second place is a tie between a few thousand.
 
"She's my sister(slap), my daughter (slap), my sister, (slap) my daughter (slap), she's my sister and my daughter." - Chinatown
 
Ah, management:-

And the LORD God said, [It is] not good that the
man should be alone; I will make him an help meet for him.
 
And gentlemen of England, now abed, will wish themselves acursed that they
we not here on Crispin's Day.
 
IRENE: I would have you right here on this desk until you begged for mercy twice.
SHERLOCK: I've never begged for mercy in my life.
IRENE: Twice.

From BBC's Sherlock

I couldn't break it up. It was too good.
 
"Don't touch me unless you love me."

-Warren Beatty, Parallax View
 
"Strange women lying around in ponds, distributing swords, is no basis for a system of government."

"Real power comes from a mandate from the masses, not some farcical aquatic ceremony."

"If I walked around saying I was king cause some moistened bink lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away."
-Dennis to Arthur, King of the Britains.


French Soldier: "I'm French! Why do you think I have this outrageous accent?"
Sir Gallahad: "What are you doing in England?"
French Soldier: "Mind your own business."
 
"When in the Course of human events, it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another, and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature's God entitle them, a decent respect to the opinions of mankind requires that they should declare the causes which impel them to separation."

-opening sentence/paragraph of The unanimous Declaration of the thirteen united States of America
 
If thou be'st born to strange sights,
Things invisible to see,
Ride ten thousand days and nights,
Till age snow white hairs on thee,
Thou, when thou return'st, wilt tell me,
All strange wonders that befell thee,
And swear,
No where
Lives a woman true, and fair.

-J. Donne
 
Last edited:
"The man in black fled across the dessert, and the gunslinger followed."
Stephen King - The Gunslinger.

If you've read the series you know how important that sentence is :)
 
"who, undogcollared by 'his little weakness,' was scythed to the bone one harvest by mistake when sleeping, with his weakness, in the corn."
 
"No, not at any time, only when it was funny."
-Who Framed Roger Rabbit
 
Back
Top