The Official Author's Hangout 2014 Nude Day Contest Support Thread

Official scoring? I hope you weren't talking about what our resident troll posted above. That's nothing more than numbers collected from public sources, which are always out of date because most of them only update once every 24 hours.

The numbers you see on your private author page are as close to real-time as they get, and even that may not reflect the stats used to determine the winners. Even though the announcement date is known, nobody knows when the cut-off for voting is except Laurel.

And the winners are likely to see their scores drop in the hours after the announcement.

Some of the drop will be trolls who detest success, but my guess is that some are from normal readers who read a 'winning' story and then don't agree it is the best for them.

Some years ago, the third placed story was so heavily trolled that within 48 hours of the announcement it had lost the H and could have been a close contender for the Authors' Hangout Last Place (tm) Contest.
 
Congrats to the winners!

This was my first contest and it's been quite an experience. I'm still trying to figure out how I feel about it. It's fun and collegial to post with a bunch of like minded people and see all the stories, but the voting and the sweeps are kind of crazy, not to mention the dude who keeps popping in with complaints/scores, raising the ire of all the "experienced" folks, and then contributing very little.
 
Last edited:
Congrats to the winners!

This was my first contest and it's been quite an experience. I'm still trying to figure out how I feel about it. It's fun and collegial to post with a bunch of like minded people and see all the stories, but the voting and the sweeps are kind of crazy, not to mention the dude who keeps popping in with complaints/scores, raising the ire of all the "experienced" folks, and then contributing very little.

It can be an *interesting* experience.

The advantages are much more exposure for your entry than a story submitted normally. You are likely to get more views, more votes and more comments. But some of them might be unwelcome. That exposure might spread to your other stories.

The disadvantages are that you can attract the trolls who can damage your rating, leave unpleasant comments, and also attack your other stories.

But becoming better known as an author leads to those advantages and disadvantages however your name and work is publicised. The themed Literotica contests are an easy way to learn to take the bad with the good.
 
It can be an *interesting* experience.

The advantages are much more exposure for your entry than a story submitted normally. You are likely to get more views, more votes and more comments. But some of them might be unwelcome. That exposure might spread to your other stories.

The disadvantages are that you can attract the trolls who can damage your rating, leave unpleasant comments, and also attack your other stories.

But becoming better known as an author leads to those advantages and disadvantages however your name and work is publicised. The themed Literotica contests are an easy way to learn to take the bad with the good.

This was only my third themed contest and I seem to have come out of it fairly well. I'm happy with the score I made, it's not the highest score a story of mine has ever had, but it's certainly the highest score or any of my stories right now. And the only one that sustained that level for more than a day or two.

My other stories also seemed to have done well by the contest. There was a day or so when several stories including my contest entry dropped, but then a sweep must have gone through and things perked up.

I honestly don't know how established authors here can keep up with all the stories they have. It must be a real pain in the Author's submissions view page to even find a new story when you have a lot of them.

I do have a question though. On the contest listing my story seems to have moved around within the list. I originally assumed that as more stories were entered it moved down or up the list. But just today I have looked at it three times, the last two times in different screens within seconds of each other and each time it was in a far different position on the list. What is all that about? It isn't alphabetical, and it doesn't seem to be by score either.
 
HuckPilgrim, One way to help make the experience better is to put scouries and his alt scouriesworld on ignore. It makes the AH a better place.
 
...I honestly don't know how established authors here can keep up with all the stories they have. It must be a real pain in the Author's submissions view page to even find a new story when you have a lot of them.

...

I have over 200 stories as oggbashan (and more as Jeanne_d_artois). That number creates problems sometimes:

1. I don't always notice when I get a new Comment on an old story. I do if I check daily, but if off-line matters are pressing, I might not check for a few days and then it is really too late to acknowledge it. Once they are beyond the seven day list, I could miss them completely.

2. I can forget what I have posted. I posted one story as jeanne_d_artois, forgot that I had, and posted it again as oggbashan. I have deleted one of them.

And now I've done it again. I had written a story as oggbashan and had posted it. I upgraded my computer, and in the transfer of files some were misplaced. My folder 'current drafts' was actually an earlier version, and the present version was misfiled under 'eBay' instead of the immediately following folder 'Fiction'.

So I assumed that one of the current drafts was incomplete. I finished it, and submitted it.

So now I have "Escaping Cybele" posted 10 April 2014 and "Limit of Authority" posted 14 July 2014 which are identical except for a few paragraphs.

Oops!
 
Last edited:
49greg, I have nearly 200 stories posted now. Keeping up with them is not really a problem. New stories are marked with an "N" so they are easy to find for the first three days.

The rest of the time I check my recent activity page that lists favorites and comments. I don't miss comments even on old stories that way. It goes daily, weekly, and monthly.
 
And the winners are likely to see their scores drop in the hours after the announcement.

Some of the drop will be trolls who detest success, but my guess is that some are from normal readers who read a 'winning' story and then don't agree it is the best for them.

That's the nice thing about NOT placing in top 3 :)
My story has gotten a small trickle of new votes and the score stayed the same. And since the contest sweeps are done, I'll probably get to keep those votes.

Anyway, I suppose it's good bye to Nude Day since we're all enjoying summer over at PennLady's new contest thread.
 
[size=+2]A.I.R. 2014 CUCKOLD STORY CONTEST[/size]


And isn't it refreshing to finally see some LOVING WIVES category stories in the winners circle - stories our readers love but the powers that decide contest winners in the LITEROTICA contests seem to hate.

We also like to take a second and ask all of you to remember the brilliant BOSTONFICTIONWRITER who was murdered over three years ago. RIP big guy.


A.I.R. 2014 CUCKOLD STORY CONTEST AWARD WINNERS

A.I.R. 2014 Cuckold Contest
BEST STORY IN THE CONTEST


Grief by oshaw


A.I.R. 2014 Cuckold Contest
MOST VIEWS RECEIVED WINNER


Mother-Son – A Love Story by silkstockinglover


A.I.R. 2014 Cuckold Contest
MOST COMMENTS RECEIVED WINNER


Naïve or Stupid – Take Your Pick bycallmesparky


A.I.R. 2014 Cuckold Contest
MOST VOTES RECEIVED WINNER


A Family Affair by Just Plain Bob


A.I.R. 2014 Cuckold Contest
HIGHEST RATED STORY WINNER


Life Raft by Michael Butterfield



Certain stories were disqualified for category problems, failure to follow the theme, or other major infractions. Various authors who broke the one contest-one story rule had their entries thrown out (except for top 20 “most favorited” for whom special rules apply).

Congratulations to our winners – well done!​

*Under the ASSOCIATIONS rules a story/author can only win one prize in any contest.
** Minimum numbers of votes are required to qualify in the various categories
 
The above post is all lies. There is no AIR association. There is scouries and scouries alone who decides the winners in his fake contest. The stories he throws out are either categories he doesn't like or from authors he doesn't like. It's all a bunch of bullshit to take away from the real winners of the real Lit contests.

Scouries claims to be the number one writer on Lit but the facts are that he has never won a real contest on Lit and that all his fake awards, fake contests, and fake lists are to try and pull Lit down. It is everyone's fault that he has never won except his own. If he spent time on his writing instead of all his bullshit he might actually learn to write.
 
Back
Top