THE WATERCOOLER

Words of thanks

Hey guys,

As you probably know by now, I'm trying my hand a writing a story...not an easy feat but I have found some wonderful peoples to give me the morale support and editing "kick in the ass" I need to keep writing it.

After reading Amy, Cloudy, Peter and Shawn's comment I was on the verge of giving up as you all told me that my story need work....a WHOLE LOT of it and I wasn't sure if I had it in me or even knew where to start. Then something weird happened today....I reread all your comments and suddenly it made sense. I knew and saw what was lacking and what I had to do to make it right :)

So, sorry for my detractor, but you'll be stuck reading a story of mine in the near future :p

Seriously though, I just wanted to publicly acknowlege those four individuals who are taking time out of their busy schedule and life to give me the heapful of help I need.

People, if you ever need some good advice, serious hand-holding, morale boost and awesome kick in the ass....please, please contact them. If this story turns out to be good it'll be thanks to them, if it's shitty it'll be my own responsability and indequacy at writing.

Thanks guys...love you muchly. :kiss: :kiss: :heart:

I think I see the faint light of an addiction on the horizon. ;)

cloudy said:
She shall be assimilated. *nods*

Lol if I can only write half as good as you two ladies, it'll be a pleasure and honour to be assimilated into your fold :nana:

LadyCibelle said:
How come nobody told me how hard it was to write a story???? :eek: I'm sweating blood here trying to write my first story.

God you would think I'd know how hard it is but funny enough I didn't. Yeah sure I've heard plenty of writers say how hard it was for them to write and I did believe them but hard for one is a breeze for another so I didn't really take it to heart. Well now....NOW..let me tell you that I do!!!

I've been on the verge of giving up a few times in the past few days and it's only my husband's and wonderful editor's faith in me that I've decided to stick with it.

I don't know when it's gonna be ready as I'm not even half through...and then I'll have plenty of rewrite to do on it I'm sure (my editor is a slave labourer :p ) Love you Peter :kiss: but as soon as it is I'll ask you, all of you, to take a look at it and tell me what you think.

Please keep in mind not to shred it to pieces though :nana:
relax... take your time... enjoy the thoughts... :rose:

Whiner, crybaby et al...

Arghhhhhhh Can I strangle him? Can I tell him to take his marbles and go back under his mommy's skirt if he's not happy with the way things are working around here?? God, I'm so sick and tired of all those whiners and complainers. They wan't everything RIGHT NOW, and they want it sugarcoated too!!!

What next? We'll need to bend over backward when telling them their stories are crap and appear to be written by 3rd grader?

Somebody, keep me from biting his head off and tear him a new one. I'm this close to losing my cool :mad: and it won't be pretty if I do.

I need a hug!!!:(

Lady C,

Have a hug and a cookie. Then, here, take this mallet and I'll point you in the....well, no I suppose that isn't what I'm supposed to encourage, is it? Here, have another hug. ;->

-B

bridgeburner said:
Lady C,

Have a hug and a cookie. Then, here, take this mallet and I'll point you in the....well, no I suppose that isn't what I'm supposed to encourage, is it? Here, have another hug. ;->

-B

Two hugs from you Bridge? Wow, what have I do to deserve so much? :D

I'd give you a hug

LadyCibelle said:
Arghhhhhhh Can I strangle him? Can I tell him to take his marbles and go back under his mommy's skirt if he's not happy with the way things are working around here?? God, I'm so sick and tired of all those whiners and complainers. They wan't everything RIGHT NOW, and they want it sugarcoated too!!!

What next? We'll need to bend over backward when telling them their stories are crap and appear to be written by 3rd grader?

Somebody, keep me from biting his head off and tear him a new one. I'm this close to losing my cool :mad: and it won't be pretty if I do.

I need a hug!!!:(

Thank goodness you're married. Otherwise I'd hug you.

How have you been otherwise? I hope you are doing well and enjoy writing, or its results at least.

Error in mother/son incest story

LadyCibelle said:
Hello everyone, just like in all the other forums I've decided to start a thread about your mood and what's going wrong OR right in your life.

In here, we won't talk about editing, unless it's to say how somethings gets on our nerves. We can talk about anything and everything: our family, our life, our children, our dogs, cats, guppy fish, whatever. Just as long as we vent some steam and/or express our happiness :)
I hope I don't get this person in trouble.
It is not my intent to do this, however an error in math and the surrounding contents of the story (mother is 18), has led me to a pedophilia situation, eventhough the age of the boy was never mentioned.

To resolve this, the woman (I will refer to the mother as the woman from now on) should be around 26 - 28, who looks like an 18 (or 19) year old.
She should also be from a second marriage.
Sex with your father's wife instead of your mother doesn't make that great of an impact, however it does make a great storyline if you continue with this premise.
The father currently is hardly mentioned in the story, but this can be fixed as well.
Have the boy (teenager) and woman do it in a series of "risky" places, where they are bound to get caught.
Some examples might be in his office after work, riding the elevator in their own apartment building, across the hall in your neighbor's apartment as he's watching football with the boys in the next room, even just lying naked together under the livingroom table when guests arrive.

The story was hot to begin with, but this would make it so much better.
I will not provide a link, title, or name of author until otherwise specified.

I would however like to congratulate him on a job well done, although I will admit I might have been a little aroused to begin with.

LadyCibelle said:
How come nobody told me how hard it was to write a story???? :eek: I'm sweating blood here trying to write my first story.

Hard, he asked. No sweat; no blood. Just dump some characters, plot, dialogue, setting, mood, into your word processor and leaven with enough plausibility to suspend reader disbelief.

Some assembly is required, of course, and batteries aren't included.

OMG, it IS hard. Maybe that's why I edit fiction but have written nothing except nonfiction for the last 60 or 70 centuries.

CopyCarver said:
Hard, he asked. No sweat; no blood. Just dump some characters, plot, dialogue, setting, mood, into your word processor and leaven with enough plausibility to suspend reader disbelief.

Some assembly is required, of course, and batteries aren't included.

OMG, it IS hard. Maybe that's why I edit fiction but have written nothing except nonfiction for the last 60 or 70 centuries.

Yep, I guess I should've talked to you before starting to think to write huh? :eek:

LadyCibelle said:
Yep, I guess I should've talked to you before starting to think to write huh? :eek:
You can do it, babe. You've read enough to see how everyone else does it badly, and does it well. Now its just your imagination. Trust in yourself. Use the forc... er... um... Trust in yourself. ;)

Hey! I'm an artist. Well, a half decent artist. For the most part I never thought to write what's in my head instead of trying to create it visually, until I started hanging out here. Tonight I finished chapter ten in a labor of love I've been having an affair with for the past ten years, almost. I dunno if its really any good, but I'm havin' fun doin' it. :D

:rose: :rose: :rose:

LadyCibelle said:

Three pops of the weasel prove you've both started and succeeded.

CopyCarver said:
Three pops of the weasel prove you've both started and succeeded.

Awww you truly are sweet. It means a lot to me that you think it wasn't so bad.
Thanks a whole lot. :kiss:

Back