Random Gamer Silliness

Status
Not open for further replies.
Setting boats on fire is BS. You're all sailing your fleet and :eek: oh shit fire boat!

Road Rash, not bad. Rock n Roll Racing. Out fucking standing.

Snake lights him up!

Snake unleashes hot fury!

Rip is in another time zone!

I loved loud mouth Larry the announcer. Rock n Roll Racing is a classic.

MarioKart was sooo much fun to play as a family, four controllers and lots of smack talk.

I watched lots of people play Fallout, it is a really good game.

I think the only game that really freaked my husband out was "Bioshock" - he eventually stopped playing because the little sisters were just too creepy and he didn't want to have to kill them or save them...just...make them stop.

I like Bioshock because of the story. These people tried to create a whole new life under the water.

MarioKart is teh awesome. I enjoyed Bioshock but still haven't checked out Bioshock 2. The story was excellent, but yes, creepy.

I couldn't get into Fallout. I'm more fantasy oriented and Skyrim consumed 5 months of my life after it came out. Oblivion did a similar number on me.

I had a brief but enjoyable love affair with Minecraft. If you don't need fancy graphics to have fun and enjoy gathering resources to build things it can be a blast. It even has a Creation Mode so you don't have to spend most of your time digging.

Snake lights him up!

Snake unleashes hot fury!

Rip is in another time zone!

I loved loud mouth Larry the announcer. Rock n Roll Racing is a classic.

MarioKart is teh awesome. I enjoyed Bioshock but still haven't checked out Bioshock 2. The story was excellent, but yes, creepy.

I couldn't get into Fallout. I'm more fantasy oriented and Skyrim consumed 5 months of my life after it came out. Oblivion did a similar number on me.

I had a brief but enjoyable love affair with Minecraft. If you don't need fancy graphics to have fun and enjoy gathering resources to build things it can be a blast. It even has a Creation Mode so you don't have to spend most of your time digging.

Skyrim is awesome. I tend to do the same thing with Oblivion and Skyrim...start a game, meander like hell for a few months, never finish. I watched my daughter finish Oblivion and although I probably started and played through about 30 times, I've never finished. They're some of the best sandbox games to play and do a lot of wandering and silliness. I haven't finished Skyrim yet either. Maybe some day!

In the first Oblivion and the first Fable, I was obsessed with stealing everything I possibly could. Eventually I weary of crime, but that's why I love computer gaming anyway. Godmode is an option. For replay I tend to like loading lots of money and toggling in and out of being unkillable.

My daughter forwarded a video to me with a combination of two mods - flying and the Katamari mod. Absolutely hilarious. This is the reason why you don't have to finish the game at all to have a lot of fun.

Link to the Video:
http://www.gamespot.com/features/sk...-a-plane-its-a-flying-swarm-of-chaos-6374034/

Kind of like looking up all the videos of everybody killing/torturing/mutilating/abandoning in scary places of the Adoring Fan from Oblivion.

Same with Dragon Age now, I'll replay it and have a complete blast until up to about 2/3 of the game where all the humor and fun disappears and everything goes straight to no fun hell.

My son loves Minecraft.

Skyrim is awesome. I tend to do the same thing with Oblivion and Skyrim...start a game, meander like hell for a few months, never finish. I watched my daughter finish Oblivion and although I probably started and played through about 30 times, I've never finished. They're some of the best sandbox games to play and do a lot of wandering and silliness. I haven't finished Skyrim yet either. Maybe some day!

In the first Oblivion and the first Fable, I was obsessed with stealing everything I possibly could. Eventually I weary of crime, but that's why I love computer gaming anyway. Godmode is an option. For replay I tend to like loading lots of money and toggling in and out of being unkillable.

My daughter forwarded a video to me with a combination of two mods - flying and the Katamari mod. Absolutely hilarious. This is the reason why you don't have to finish the game at all to have a lot of fun.

Link to the Video:
http://www.gamespot.com/features/sk...-a-plane-its-a-flying-swarm-of-chaos-6374034/

Kind of like looking up all the videos of everybody killing/torturing/mutilating/abandoning in scary places of the Adoring Fan from Oblivion.

Same with Dragon Age now, I'll replay it and have a complete blast until up to about 2/3 of the game where all the humor and fun disappears and everything goes straight to no fun hell.

My son loves Minecraft.
I can say that I did finish Skyrim though there are a few odd quests and dungeons that I'm sure I missed. Skyrim is the only game I've ever played that I got all the Xbox 360 achievements for.

I was evil incarnate in Skyrim. What's the point of putting all that stuff in there with the option to steal it if you don't take advantage? Likewise I accrued a hefty bounty from murdering people but most of them were guards. Pity you can't kill the children. Some were really annoying.

I have PC envy since I don't (and won't) get the computer version. I refuse the necessity of needing a Steam account to play a single-player game offline. Fuck them.

That video made me lol.

I can say that I did finish Skyrim though there are a few odd quests and dungeons that I'm sure I missed. Skyrim is the only game I've ever played that I got all the Xbox 360 achievements for.

I was evil incarnate in Skyrim. What's the point of putting all that stuff in there with the option to steal it if you don't take advantage? Likewise I accrued a hefty bounty from murdering people but most of them were guards. Pity you can't kill the children. Some were really annoying.

I have PC envy since I don't (and won't) get the computer version. I refuse the necessity of needing a Steam account to play a single-player game offline. Fuck them.

That video made me lol.

I've been evil incarnate lots. It is fun. Oblivion and the Bioware games are best for that. My favorite companion in KOTOR was HK-47, and I just loved his murderous world view. Too bad he couldn't heal and sucked as a companion *sigh* He's in SWOTOR now, merrily murdering people and calling them meatbags. My husband showed me.

I agree with you about the security issues of a steam account and the bitchiness of having to log in to play a single player game offline. But I think I've gotten over my irritation and I play Civilization, Dragon Age I and Fable 3 there. I haven't played a console game in a good long time, maybe years, because the mods are just too good. I'd never give up my ability to punch out Alastair and have an autoloot mode in Dragon Age.

Bioware in particular was worth it because while playing through Dragon Age 1, the security was accompanied by a forum community that was outstanding and lacking trolls because you couldn't register as a forum user without actually owning a game and having a code to prove it.

I agree with you about the security issues of a steam account and the bitchiness of having to log in to play a single player game offline. But I think I've gotten over my irritation and I play Civilization, Dragon Age I and Fable 3 there. I haven't played a console game in a good long time, maybe years, because the mods are just too good. I'd never give up my ability to punch out Alastair and have an autoloot mode in Dragon Age.

Bioware in particular was worth it because while playing through Dragon Age 1, the security was accompanied by a forum community that was outstanding and lacking trolls because you couldn't register as a forum user without actually owning a game and having a code to prove it.

I did have Oblivion with the Oblivion Overhaul mod and it just. Plain. Rocked. PC rules consoles, no question about that.

I never played DA1 but I keep hearing good things about it. I also keep hearing bad things about DA2.

I miss the old days of finding word 6 on page 2 of the game manual.

I did have Oblivion with the Oblivion Overhaul mod and it just. Plain. Rocked. PC rules consoles, no question about that.

I never played DA1 but I keep hearing good things about it. I also keep hearing bad things about DA2.

I miss the old days of finding word 6 on page 2 of the game manual.

DA1 was excellent, but incomplete. I think they started out incredible and about 2/3 of the way through the game, ran out of ideas and funding. The cutscenes start to deteriorate and the story goes straight to "what the fuck just happened?"

But the first 2/3 are probably the best game I've ever played as far as making me really care about what goes on.

DA2 is cheap enough now and my expectations are so low that I'm probably cool playing the game and getting a few laughs off of the Bioware responses. There won't be an HK-47 or an Alastair, but there will be some pretty graphics and at least I'll know the game.

Sometimes it just takes me a little bit of time to get over my ideas of how great a game is supposed to be before I can play it without hissing.

Speaking of petty reasons for disliking games, I didn't like Mass Effect 2 because Jack wouldn't be a lesbian with me.

She was awesome.

I stay away from online communal games because I like to win and I hate others who continuously fuck shit up. Then when you try to tell them what they are doing wrong they get pissy stating "it's just a game".

"It's just a game" in gaming is just an excuse for shitty game play so I stay away from the multi-player games.

I dont do MMO's cause those games are filled with creepy old men and little boys.

I do all my killing solo.

I stay away from online communal games because I like to win and I hate others who continuously fuck shit up. Then when you try to tell them what they are doing wrong they get pissy stating "it's just a game".

"It's just a game" in gaming is just an excuse for shitty game play so I stay away from the multi-player games.

I just don't like hanging out with people who are only doing something for the loot. It's the equivalent of having to hang out with someone who thinks wearing a designer outfit is a substitute for having a personality.

I tend to solo and craft, so mostly people just get in my way but otherwise I like it when we share a broker system and I can buy and sell stuff from them, make my money and get my stuff anonymously.

Many games I leave chat channels off and it's nice and quiet (Warcraft) Other games there's a lot of really good people. EQII is a pretty good community, though they tend to be elitist and although I can talk to them about most other things, the bigotry against other games like Warcraft is an ironic nightmare.

I don't really play games for the challenge or even to win, I just play them for something pretty and fun or smart to do.

I've noticed my husband and son just like killing people for the fun of killing people and I don't care unless they have something I want.

We don't really play any online games.

We like co-ops on the ps3 that we can do together. Our favorite by far has to be Borderlands.

There's some games I enjoy playing, and others I just like watching. I swear I could watch the man play certain games for hours without getting bored.

I dont do MMO's cause those games are filled with creepy old men and little boys.

I do all my killing solo.

Could be, but you could make the same generalization about the GB and miss out on the good people and sharp conversation.

I tend to go that way. Husband always joins a guild and goes raiding and makes friends.

I always make my own guild, populate it with my army of alts and spend my days crafting.

EQII is great because of all the nonlinear play when I get sick of grinding levels. There's a lot to do that has nothing to do with killing stuff, the newest addition being my ability to make my own dungeons and run my own dungeons and open those dungeons to others who then rate said dungeons. I can decorate my house(s), I can run around doing collection quests, I can craft, I can grind, I can quest.

I never opt to raid though. Hate it.

We don't really play any online games.

We like co-ops on the ps3 that we can do together. Our favorite by far has to be Borderlands.

There's some games I enjoy playing, and others I just like watching. I swear I could watch the man play certain games for hours without getting bored.

My son and I have an absolute blast playing Magic the Gathering on the X-Box.

My husband and son both have a skill and grace in killing that is fascinating. Half the time I can't even compute what the hell is going on visually by the time someone else is dead. It's impressive.

My son and I have an absolute blast playing Magic the Gathering on the X-Box.

My husband and son both have a skill and grace in killing that is fascinating. Half the time I can't even compute what the hell is going on visually by the time someone else is dead. It's impressive.

A while back I played a Magic the Gathering game on the pc that I enjoyed.

I'm easily entertained. I like watching the man play the God of War games, prototype etc on the ps3. I don't play many solo, but the last two were Skyrim and Darksiders.

A while back I played a Magic the Gathering game on the pc that I enjoyed.

I'm easily entertained. I like watching the man play the God of War games, prototype etc on the ps3. I don't play many solo, but the last two were Skyrim and Darksiders.

EQII has an accompanying card game that you play for in-game reward and perks. I've spent an embarrassing amount of spare cash on the game. But I like sparkly, shiny things and flying pegasus mounts and such.

I'm easily entertained too. I also prefer casually entertained. The best games for me aren't ones that have non-stop action, but have action I can pause.

I haven't tried Darksiders, I will check it out.

I have to play DA2 with the cynicism with which I ended the previous series.

"My party characters have leveled up and I just got new gear...well, fine, I'll get them levels, but I'm not giving them my stuff, who knows how many of these fuckers are going to make it through this next cutscene...oh...yup, there goes one, I was right."

In DA1 I hardly ever made it through the repeat Gray Warden making ceremony without laughing because I wouldn't dress the other candidates in my stuff because they're just going to die and take it with them.

dating-fails-well-this-is-awkward.jpg

I stripped the AI before finishing the warden ceremony. I then sold it all.

*nods* Smart. You do things differently the second...our fourteenth time around.

I just know it's going to suck so I don't get attached, and that's a shame.

I am a sucker for a happy ending...and a decent profit.

I have hundreds of DA:O and DA2 erotica fanfiction on my kindle. Man those peeps do lots of nasty things.

I just checked back on a thread I started on the Bioware site called "Psychic Impulses: What I do after a few times through" and I had the best time.

This was one of my favorite contributions from someone called "The Angry One"

Not sure people can read it if they're not members, but it's one of my all time favorite threads ever.

http://social.bioware.com/forum/1/topic/47/index/338906/1

*Dead Trenches, Darkspawn march*

Alistair: It's the Archdemon! Everyone hide!

Me: Yes yes I know, just wait a while. Just need to finalize this equipment like so...

Alistair: What? Huh? What's all of this?

Me: Oh just something I set up yesterday~

Shale: Is this what it was up to all of yesterday when we couldn't find it?

Me: You catch on fast, rock girl.

Shale: Rock.. girl? What is it trying to imply?

Me: Nothing, you'll find out. anyway, just need to activate this anndd...

*explosive traps go off all around the Archdemon while ballistas shoot barbed spears into it's wings and legs, crippling it*

Alistair: How did you kn... never mind! The Archdemon's down! Stand back everyone, I shall deliver the final blow as only a Grey Warden can!

Me: No you won't.

Alistair: Why not? Give me one good reason!

Me: Well, you'll die.

Alistair: Okay that counts, but how do y..

Me: I just do okay? And who just crippled the Archdemon? ME.

Alistair: Alright alright... so... what do we do with it then?

--some time later, in Denerim..--

Sign: SEE THE ARCHDEMON - 50 SILVER, RIDE THE ARCHDEMON - 20 GOLD

Alistair: You... you profiteering harpy.

Me: Oh you're just upset because I won't let you ride it for free.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back