The AH Coffee Shop and Reading Room

Status
Not open for further replies.

TxRad

Dirty Old Man
Come on in. Take a seat up here at the counter or at a table out in the middle of the room or back in the corner, whichever suits you best.

We serve coffee but remember this ain't Starbucks. It only comes in black. What you do with it after that is you're own problem.

If you play nice the waitresses (If I ever get any) might spice it for you.

If you have a new story you're proud of post a link. Post a link even if you're not proud of it. It'll give everyone something to talk about.

No fighting and no trolling. I'd hate to have the AH Mod toss your ass out of here. Flirting will be tolerated to a point and then you can rent a room out back if you need to carry thing farther.

Thank you and welcome aboard.

(This was prompted by the number of old friends who showed up at the AH Reunion thread. so blame them.)

I'm sort of looking forward to the day after tomorrow when my 900th entry under this account posts at Lit.--the start of a seven-chapter "Candy Store Unit" spy series, Another First Time. Near and dear to my liver and/or heart. Another tale in the series of the world's oldest profession being combined with the world's second-oldest profession.

2040733.jpg

The first customer. Welcome.

900th! I knew you were getting up there but...

Seven chapters. That should grab your fans attention.

The two oldest professions? I don't think any of us need extra clues. ;)

T
The two oldest professions? I don't think any of us need extra clues. ;)

The argument is over which one is number one--but, if you combine them, it doesn't matter. Pretty potent stuff when combined, as I found out.

900th was looking pretty good to me until someone named Ashson shot right by me.

Last edited:
The argument is over which one is number one--but, if you combine them, it doesn't matter. Pretty potent stuff when combined, as I found out.

900th was looking pretty good to me until someone named Ashdon shot right by me.

That happens. I had a few fly by me on the favorites list so fast i spun around. :D

That happens to me a lot. I'm sort of jogging in place there.

I got up to like 50th and kind of stalled out. Maybe I'm not writing enough incest stories. :D

It would probably help if i had time to finish up some stories. :rolleyes:

Right now, editing a mainstream novel and doing revisions are eating my lunch.

Right now, editing a mainstream novel and doing revisions are eating my lunch.

And I'm busy getting an annual regional fiction/essay/poetry mainstream anthology out. That and trying to settle down to writing more on my winter contest piece.

And I'm busy getting an annual regional fiction/essay/poetry mainstream anthology out. That and trying to settle down to writing more on my winter contest piece.

I have one winter story at about 6.4k that is nearly complete and another about the same size that has a long ways to go.

I also had a five boat order from a bed and breakfast that has its own ten acre lake. They want them ready for pickup before the spring crappy season starts. I have two completed except for paint, one framed and one ready to be skinned.

There needs to be two of me but as it is the world wasn't ready for the one. :D

For all you lurker, yes, I see you, come on in the waters fine and I don't bite. Not hard anyway and you have to ask nicely.

I've never been a fan of coffee, but tea or a bottled water will work. Thanks for the reading and critique:)👠👠👠Kant ....most appreciated

For all you lurker, yes, I see you, come on in the waters fine and I don't bite. Not hard anyway and you have to ask nicely.

Hi TxRad and everyone else :)

Lurked in the AH for a while, but am writing now and think I should stop lurking and start posting!

I've never been a fan of coffee, but tea or a bottled water will work. Thanks for the reading and critique:)👠👠👠Kant ....most appreciated

Water we have and I can put on a pot of tea. I really should keep a pot on a low boil for our English friends.

No problem on the critique. I'm easy that way and you usually get your moneys worth. ;)

Hi TxRad and everyone else :)

Lurked in the AH for a while, but am writing now and think I should stop lurking and start posting!

Ah, a newbie. Welcome. Please, call me Tx it saves a few keystrokes and we're fairly informal in the AH. You'll end up as Tall or some such sooner or later. We have a bunch of lazy writers around the place. :D

So what are you writing? What category?

Water we have and I can put on a pot of tea. I really should keep a pot on a low boil for our English friends.

No problem on the critique. I'm easy that way and you usually get your moneys worth. ;)

Well, you know, I'm southern (a southern Tbelle on this side of the big pond) So it has to be a large, cold, sweet tea with a slice of lemon:D

Ah, a newbie. Welcome. Please, call me Tx it saves a few keystrokes and we're fairly informal in the AH. You'll end up as Tall or some such sooner or later. We have a bunch of lazy writers around the place. :D

So what are you writing? What category?

Haha, fair enough Tx - I'm usually Tal but feel free to label me otherwise, I usually answer to anything :rolleyes:

I have started in the erotic couplings - thought I might ease myself in with some straight up fun. I'm curious about writing for other categories but don't know if I would pull it off as well as others. I'll probably give it a shot at some time anyway.

Am just finishing chapter 4 of a series of 5, about a boss and secretary. Have learned lots since the first chapter, lots of helpful feedback.

I don't do self-promotion brilliantly but do link my work in my sig :)

Well, you know, I'm southern (a southern Tbelle on this side of the big pond) So it has to be a large, cold, sweet tea with a slice of lemon:D

Being from Texas, I think I can figure out sweet tea but why screw it up with lemon. ;)

Haha, fair enough Tx - I'm usually Tal but feel free to label me otherwise, I usually answer to anything :rolleyes:

I have started in the erotic couplings - thought I might ease myself in with some straight up fun. I'm curious about writing for other categories but don't know if I would pull it off as well as others. I'll probably give it a shot at some time anyway.

Am just finishing chapter 4 of a series of 5, about a boss and secretary. Have learned lots since the first chapter, lots of helpful feedback.

I don't do self-promotion brilliantly but do link my work in my sig :)

Uh, yeah, I figured the erotic couple thing out after I posted and checked your sig line. Not enough coffee yet. EC is kind of a catchall category for things that don't quite fit anywhere else. Just stay out of Loving Wives or if you do venture in, I rent shark proof suits for the body. Egos are your own problem.

I write in a bunch of categories so if you have questions feel free to PM me. I'll give you the best information I can.

Keep writing, build a following, and that will be the best promotion around these parts.

Uh, yeah, I figured the erotic couple thing out after I posted and checked your sig line. Not enough coffee yet. EC is kind of a catchall category for things that don't quite fit anywhere else. Just stay out of Loving Wives or if you do venture in, I rent shark proof suits for the body. Egos are your own problem.

I write in a bunch of categories so if you have questions feel free to PM me. I'll give you the best information I can.

Keep writing, build a following, and that will be the best promotion around these parts.

Yeah, I understand the LW are a force to be reckoned with haha. Thanks for the offer :)

Oh I shall, and I am, yay!

So. Can I get a cup of tea in here? Am English you know, and I haven't had a cuppa in ooh, about half an hour now... :)

Hi Tex, you must be a Prince among men, because....

383d133651eca4a0afb56fbd2ffbbe67.jpg

Hmmmm, I think I like the look of this coffee shop, the barista seems to be rather a charming old fellow. I drink those big ones and please, line up the refill, it'll be needed soon. I'll help myself to the cream.

So it's pitch black outside and I'm sitting here drinking coffee and working on my Winter Holidays stories. The first one is a total tearjerker so I always need something to cheer me up (coffee is good, thanks) and wipe away the tears after working on it (and okay, if you did read my Halloween story, you'll know I wasn't joking about the tears) ... she sniffs melodramatically while sipping her coffee.

So to cheer me up before I head of to work,

tumblr_nj6v0bQaQ21risr9ko1_500.jpg

Yeah, I understand the LW are a force to be reckoned with haha. Thanks for the offer :)

Oh I shall, and I am, yay!

So. Can I get a cup of tea in here? Am English you know, and I haven't had a cuppa in ooh, about half an hour now... :)

One cup of English Gray coming up.

And it was nice dropping by but now I really gotta run of to work, so thx for the coffee and have a wonderful day y'all :rose:

Hi Tex, you must be a Prince among men, because....

Hmmmm, I think I like the look of this coffee shop, the barista seems to be rather a charming old fellow. I drink those big ones and please, line up the refill, it'll be needed soon. I'll help myself to the cream.

So it's pitch black outside and I'm sitting here drinking coffee and working on my Winter Holidays stories. The first one is a total tearjerker so I always need something to cheer me up (coffee is good, thanks) and wipe away the tears after working on it (and okay, if you did read my Halloween story, you'll know I wasn't joking about the tears) ... she sniffs melodramatically while sipping her coffee.

So to cheer me up before I head of to work,

You're going to make me blush and that is not a pretty sight.

A charming old fellow? Hey now, that is not the way to get fast service around here. :D One large black, which is the only way it comes, coming up. The cream and sugar are on the table.

I should be working on my Winter story but this edit I'm in the middle of is driving me crazy. Tears are good for the soul or so they say. Mine are usually from pain when i hit my finger with a hammer or nail one to the workbench when I'm using the air nail gun.

Sorry to say I didn't make the time to read any of the HollowWienie stories. Not my cup of tea, no pun intended.

Yell when you need a refill.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back