"In Time..My Love Will Find You."...open for Destiny only.

**************************************************************

Nefarious had awakened at about mid-morning, his shoulder ached badly from where he had gotten tossed around the previous night. He felt his face, now puffy and swollen from the backhands he had received from the horrible bitch of a woman. He felt his neck where she had bitten him and pulled back a bloody hand. Blood was still faintly oozing out, the saliva from her mouth had a curative effect that made the vile wound start to heal faster than normal, but for the moment he still bled.

"Gaaaaddd! 'Fuck that damned whore, that fucking bitch slut!" he cried." 'What the fuck did she do to me?' 'She almost killed me, that fucking whore!' he thought.

'She wants me to kill Blackthorn, but how? 'that fucker almost killed me'! he looked at his shoulder and missing arm. All that was left was the socket where his arm should have pivoted, and the outer skin that was starting to grow around the wound. He looked at his left hand, it was white as a ghost. 'Damn that fucking whore, she almost drained all of my blood.' 'I never would have dreamed that such a thing as vampires existed, but here I am, buffed around, and bitten by none other than a female vampire.'

He had heard legends of beings such as these, but never thought they really existed. He had never been afraid of anything in his life, but this creature had instilled the fright of God into his black heart. He looked down at the wet stain on his pants that was further adding to his bad body odor.

"Fuck that damn cunt!" he cried, "I'll get even with her if it's the last thing I do!" He envisioned taking her ass and cutting her throat. 'Yes that would be his revenge,' he thought, 'only this time I will make it last a long long time!' he smiled as he walked towards the creek.

As much as he hated water, he made his way to the nearby creek, and clothes and all he soaked himself. In part because he was feeling feverish, and also because he couldn't stand his own smell anymore. He had never been a man of cleanliness,
he had grown up dirty all of his life, and didn't plan on changing anytime soon.

As he soaked in the water he started planning how and when he would confront Eric of Blackthorn again. He was down to one arm and his wound hurt like hell, so it would have to wait until he hurt no more, at least physically, the trauma he had suffered at the hand of Eric Blackthorn had left a deep hatred in his mind for this man. Now more than ever he would relish the fucker's demise.
 
Maria left her chambers about mid morning, she was fully dressed and she was carrying a small basket of what looked like scraps of cloth. She headed to the closet where it seemed her sister had been growing herbs and drying them for making creams and oils. Her mother had taught her a s well , as the nuns when they were at the nunnery. Picking through the remains of what was left in the room she dropped them in the basket as well and finally headed to the kitchens.

She had a smile for everyone she past and they all smiled at her as well, a few of the guards watched her as well, she was a beautiful girl and she was as yet unpromised to any man. She had begged to come along on the trip before her father would find her a husband. He had agreed and had take then youngest with them as well who was being taken care of in the nursery still. She greeted the cook who handed her another basket,"as requested m'Lady a light lunch for you. Herring Sandwiches and some fruit and a chunk of cheese and some wine as well." The girl smiled and she nodded to the cook, " I will be out at the back of the hall along the rise overlooking the sea below if any should want to find me." The cook nodded and remarked," aye m'Lady be safe."

Moving from the kitchen carrying her baskets she headed for the upper hills behind Blackthorn hall, it was a good walk tot he far cliffs and it would do her good she could smell the wild lavender and the heather and she was glad to be out of the stuffiness of the hall and the odd feelings of being constantly watched. the winds over the cliffs brought the sounds of the sea below the roaring surf smashing against the rocks she smiled and she felt the wind lift her hair like a beacon in the sunlight and her laughter filtered across the fields.

A few works out in the distance crossed themselves seeing the brilliant red hair dancing along as the girl moved, all knowing the mistress of the hall was dead. They looked at each oater muttering about the rumors being true and watched the figure disappear out toward the cliffs alone , just as Isabelle had done when she was alive. finally she came to the shade of a tree and she settled on the ground to begin her task, she was making scented sachets to place i her clothing and her closets and she set to filling and sewing as she hummed softly to herself.

Isabelle had followed her sister, watching her move through her home, her herbal rooms and the kitchen being greeted by all that were there. Had she been there to see her husband with Maria she would have been even more upset. Here she was dead and unable to be with her beloved, and her sister was claiming her home. She settled near tot he tree as Maria set about doing her tasks and Isabelle looked out to the cliffs were the water rushed about and the wind whipped the grasses and the tree limbs as well, small gusts, but how she had loved it here.

As Maria started to sew nd hum, Isabelle decided to try her hand once more at taking control of her body and she slipped into the form of her sister and she began to meld with her body. She could feel the girl tense and she began to sooth the mind and take control. Her hands moved making Maria move and she once more caressed along her ample breasts, Isabelle could feel the sensations as if it were her own body. A soft moan escaped her lisp and she felt the nipples tighten. Moving the hands along the body she slowly eased the skirts up and her hand went to her sex. Isabelle sighed once more and she could feel Maria's body reacting to her hands and she continued. Loosening the drawers that were tied to her body she exposed her sex and her fingers began to massage her clit. Another gasp and Isabelle sighed once more,"Oh Eric how I miss you." and she had heard the words, not her voice but Maria's and she knew now she could speak to her husband. She continued to massage her clit ad then her fingers slipped into her pussy the walls sucking at her fingers hungrily and she realized maria was still a virgin.

Isabelle wondered if her sister had ever experience any sort of pleasure and then quickly forgot about it as she continued to pleasure the body she was in habiting, she lay back on the blanket and she stroked her clit and slid two fingers inside rocking her hips and digging her head back into the blanket as she rocked her hips faster and faster. the moan escaped her lisp and she climaxed her whole body shaking with her release and it came to her mind she could once more make love to her husband, using Maria.


Maria awoke an hour later her hands along her sex and her breasts exposed and she shivered, wondering if anyone had seen her shameful display. How had this happened, what had she done. She quickly righted her clothing and she gathered all of her things and practically ran back to the hall, unaware that Eric had seen the whole thing.
 
As the day began to wane and the sun to set Berengaria had awakened to her whole body aching still from the use of her lord who had summoned her once more, his cravings for her screams was beginning to get more and more intense and she still wanted her revenge, she didn't' know how much long she could keep him at bay long enough to finish. She edged from her hiding hole and she closed her eyes as she moved to the edge of the caves and he headed to the Romy camp several league's away on the whim of a thought. The camp was beginning to gather for the feast of the day, the carnival life they lead was winding down and most of the gentry would have left long ago.

Moving to the back wagon where her old grandmother often liked to be well away from the others , she wanted peace and quiet in her old age and that was how she got it. She was blind but could still see having the sight. When Berengaria arrived she stopped next to the wagon to her a low hiss," why would you come here you are cursed and yet you come. We took care of him so none would be turned and still you are not of us any longer." Berengaria,"lowered her head and told her tell of revenge to her grandmother, " I made a pat to have the strength to save Magelda, Anya... she was my sister...please I beg of you help me now and I will not come again to ever bother you." The old woman nodded and she moved to sit on the steps and she looked up at the girl with sightless eyes," Why would you wish to get rid of the ghost of his dead wife, use her. She can be used to inhabit the sister to get rid of the cross about his neck. " Berengaria blinked, she hadn't said a word , but she had known Anya could see just not everything, she now knew she had not had to say anything the Anya knew it all. " tell me how Anya please, I beg of you." The old woman took a deep breath and she nodded. " I will tell you child, but when I do you will come back and bring Anya the gold cross that the girl will remove," Berengaria nodded her head," anything Anya, anything."

Several hours later Berengaria, sated with the blood of a goat headed back to Blackthorn hall with the information needed to finally turn Black thorn to her and make his wife fade from his world forever. She move to the hall and saw some revelers near the gates that lead to the hall and danced up in her gypsy way and she smiled and cooed to a few of the men and then darted away. Three of the guards headed after her, for sport and egged on by the rest stalked after her into the forest. The next day they were found with their throats ripped open and the gold from the belts gone. Everyone assumed they had been attacked by wolves after the gypsy girl had duped them with him to help her escape. None realized that the vampire had struck again, none accept Eric would know.
 
The ride had been long, but beneficial. Eric had ridden through the major part of his estate. The lands were doing well in the care of his people. They had remained faithful and loyal during his absence, and had continued taking care of his crops as if he had never been gone. Such was their love for him, though he were dead, as it had been rumored, they would still continue to work the fields and bring in the crops. More so now that the threat of the horde had been eliminated. Thanks to their Lord, they were able to work carefree, and so they remained steadfast to their tasks.

On his way back to the Hall he had decided to take the back way in. He remembered his Isabelle how she had loved to go by the hill sides overlooking the cliffs to gather her herbs to blend with her oils that she prepared to apply on her lovely face and body.

His sharp eyes caught the blur of motion beneath a large tree. Unsure of what it was that had moved, he decided to approach with caution. His approach had been masked by the sound of the far away surf breaking on the rocks below so he was able to get close to a large tree where he had perceived the movement.

His eyes caught the lithe form of a woman almost covered by the tall grass and flowers. He was able to approach almost within five paces of her where she lay. Her back was to him as she rested on the lush green soft grass. His mind was playing tricks on him again, he was looking at his wife as she used to lay down to take in the warm breeze. Only this was not his wife but her lovely sister Lady Maria, that he now saw. He almost arose from his hidden spot to go and greet her, when he saw her reaching to touch her breasts.

She massaged her nipples gently through her garments and then she undid her blouse. She would slowly massage each ample breast, taking them and tenderly caressing first one and then the other. She would cup them from the bottom and would work her way towards each nipple. He clearly saw how each one started getting hard and firm to her own touch. He heard her moaning as she pleasured herself.

Hidden behind the rocks where he could scarcely believe what his eyes were seeing. He felt his member lurch in his pants. Instantly he was hard as a rock as his member started throbbing. He could have reached and touched her, that's how close he had gotten to her yet he did not want to alarm her in anyway. He continued to watch as she started to play with her most intimate area.

Her pussy hair was a deeper shade of red than was his Isabelle's, but it appeared long and soft as the breeze ever so gently moved over her hair covered mound.

He was mesmerized by her beauty, her creamy white legs contrasted against the lush green grass.

She concentrated on her clit as her fingers moved in soft sensitive circles, her outer lips starting to puff up with excitement. Her finger moved slowly and delicately down to her wet entrance. Her body sending the lubricating secretion needed for a stiff member to enter. As she massaged and played with her pussy, she would lean back with eyes closed arching her back and lifting her pussy up as if offering it to an unseen lover.

First the middle finger, then another as she touched and probed her now silky wet pussy, bringing her wet fingers to her lips from time to time, to taste the elixir being produced by her excitement, and at other times rubbing it on her hard nipples. Oblivious to everything but the intense pleasure she was feeling.

Eric was beside himself, his cock was throbbing and begged for release as he watched. Precum had made a large wet spot on the front of his pants. He could take it no longer, he brought out his cock and feverishly started to stroke it, as the scene unfolded in front of him. The soft breeze would bring the smell of her sex to his nostrils further adding to his excitement.

She pumped her body as if she were being penetrated by an unseen cock. Faster and faster became her motion, her soft moans now became a high pitched soft moan that would match each stroke of her fingers on her most sensitive spot. Suddenly, she abruptly stopped and with a shaking tremor her body collapsed.
A soft "ohhhhhhhhhhhh!" escaped her lovely lips as she lay exhausted by her intense orgasm.

Eric too, unable to contain himself with the erotic scene also ejaculated his seed. Barely able to contain a moan of pleasure, he shot stream after stream of his cum onto the grass. He wished he had been able to deposit his full load inside of her hungry pussy. The tide pleasure started to ebb, painfully he put his member back into his pants and dragged himself away.

It was getting late and Lady Maria realized it was time to go back to the Hall. She retied her under garments and smoothed down her dress as she picked up the basket full of herbs she had collected, and made her way back to BlackThorn Hall, feeling light and refreshed. She wondered about Lord Blacktorn and how he would be dealing with the loss of his sister. She knew he was probably just as frustrated as she now was. She knew he had to be wanting, needing and craving the soft touch of a woman in his life.
 
Eric could not believe what had just happened. He had mixed feelings of guilt for having succumbed to the feelings of lust that overpowered him seeing Lady Maria in her situation of excitement. He felt guilty for not having the strength to avert his eyes, and leave the area. It had been all to intoxicating and gripped by the moment he had elected to stay when he should have left her to her private moment. Now he would never be able to look at Lady Maria without thoughts of what had just happened and what he had seen.

He made his way back to his horse who was peacefully grazing on the lush green grass growing all about. He patted him on his great neck, mounted and veered his mount around the back of the cliffs, it would take longer but it would give Lady Maria time to get back by herself instead of having to explain to her father what she had been doing out with Lord Blackthorn.

As he rounded the tall cliffs he noticed there was a horse roaming around. It looked as if he had been saddled for sometime, and judging by the tracks he had been grazing here and there for a long time. One of the reins had been snapped in half as the horse stepped on it as he grazed.

He looked all around but saw no one about. He moved further to the base of the cliffs and saw an entrance with what appeared like a tunnel leading inward in the direction of BlackThorn Hall. He dismounted and made his way past the well covered entrance. He had ridden past this point many many times and never had noticed the well hidden entrance.

He drew his sword as a precaution, the day was waining, and his vision could not penetrate the darkness. To go further would be foolhardy, for if there was an enemy inside, he would stand out against the light while what ever would come at him would be unseen. He didn't have a torch so he made a mental note that he would come back with a few torches on the morrow.

He backed out of the cave's entrance, and remounted. Reaching down he picked up the good rein from the stray horse and led him back to the BlackThorn stables.

When he arrived he ordered extra rations for his mount, shelter, food and water for the stray. Thankful to be rid of the saddle the first thing the stray did was to roll his back on the padding of deep soft hay of the stable floor.

He made his way to his chamber showered, and made ready for when the evening meal would be announced. He didn't have long to wait, soon after there was a knock at his door announcing that the evening meal was being served.

When he arrived at the dining hall, Jonathan and his family were already seated.
Greetings were exchanged, and a few pleasantries were mentioned about the events of the day. He noticed Lady Maria had a bright cheerful glow on her face, as she looked in his direction from time to time.

She was wearing a low cut dress that amply revealed her breasts almost to the large round circle that surrounded the nipples he had seen earlier. He decided not to gaze upon her because he knew he would have a reaction and should he have to stand up, he would be hard pressed to hide it.

Instead he decided to tell Jonathan about the horse he had found roaming the countryside, still saddled. "It would be wise to alert the guard Captain about the situation, so that he could take the proper steps and alert his men to be extra vigilant.

All to soon supper was over and he and Jonathan retired to the smoking room for a glass of wine.

"I am sorry to bring you bad news, my lad, but I have decided that it will be time for us to return home in a few days."

"My commanders have been working hard with the new recruits these last few days, and soon my men will be replaced with your own loyal soldiers to help you safe guard BlackThorn Hall, also my house staff has trained their new replacements." "They tell me they are more than capable in the performance of their duties."

"It would appear that Lady Maria has been quite taken with the country side, and has asked to remain as your guest for a while longer if you don't mind Eric."

"I know she will be in good hands, with you, and when she decides to return home I will send for her."

"It is well met," replied Eric. "It is no trouble what so ever for her to remain, although it surprises me that she would want to stay given all the commotion about ghostly activities that have been reported as going on here."

"I don't know," replied Jonathan. "She seems to be determined to stay, but if she decides against it, I will immediately send for her."

"Now I must retire, you know how it is to keep a wife waiting!" Jonathan smiled and winked an eye as he smiled and left him to his thoughts.

Eric pondered the situation for a moment, that was the last thing that he would have wanted for many reasons, but mostly because now he would have her welfare to worry about. Flashes of how he had found his Isabelle, and the children came flooding back into his mind.

He lowered his head and gazed at the granite stone for a long time, his heart ached but more and more he was able to pull away from the bouts of deep sorrow that plagued his mind. He now had a new responsibility, and he would look after her and her safety, and would not allow any harm to befall her in anyway.
 
The day had gone rather well after that issue on the field and she had heard back to the hall still a bit bewildered, but seemingly relaxed. Maria had eaten her fill at the dinner table listening to her father and she smiled to Eric as he looked to her. When dinner was over and she began to make her way to her room, she paused at her doorway and looked down the hall to where Eric's rooms were and she nodded to the guard that was posted there. She wondered idly if there would be a guard there when he father left and then moved into her rooms alone. She began to strip off her clothing as the maids arrived with the bed warmers and to make sure the room was in order for her to retire. She moved to the window and pushed it open a bit as she sighed. The land was dark and she could see light dancing along in the village were others were walking or moving about and she smiled and crossed her arms, it was a lovely land and the hall was all that could be wanted in a home. She nodded to the maids as they departed the chambers, and began to prepare for bed.

She looked at her body in the mirror and she tried to remember why she had been disheveled on the blanket and it was as if that part of her mind had forgotten for the day. She licked her full lips and as she continued to disrobe it was as if someone was watching her, the hair on her arms stood up and there was a cold breeze blowing along the room. Fully naked now her skin dusted with a few freckles and she shivered and moved to the bed. Reaching for the dressing gown she felt the hand before she saw it and she looked to the bed and then the other hand went about her mouth. Berengaria with the strength of 10 men held the girl immobile as she chuckled," you are hard wench to catch alone. But I have plans for you beauty." Berengaria nodded her head," aye plans indeed. " She pressed Maria to the bed and slid her hands along the girl's body," Aye he will love you, you will remind him of his lost Isabelle." As she leaned in she knocked her wrist and she fed the redhead her blood forcing her to drink as she spoke," drink or die." Maria swallowed too terrified not too, her mind repulsed the idea of drinking the blood, but it was so sweet. She drank hungrily for a few moments and then she was dragged off her wrists as Berengaria licked her own flesh sealing the wound she stepped back. She watched as Maria turned and pressed back against the bed dragging her clothing along her body and she looked at the black haired Gypsy. She moved back along the bed more as she felt the darker eyes sliding along her naked form, " aye he is going to love your body and your hair, 'she chuckled a bit and then spoke in a soft soothing tone her voice melodic as she spoke," You will give Eric this," she moved closer nd she pressed the vial into her hand," Make him drink it all," She spoke in a soft soothing tone, hypnotizing the girl as she spoke. she moved closer and she curled maria's fingers about the small vial and she smiled," he is not to know you gave it to him, make him drink it all." She helped Maria lie naked back on the bed as she spoke soothing her and cooing to her as she continued to hypnotize her into to doing her will. She finally snuffed the candles and she slipped back into the shadows and left the room a soft chuckle echoing along the hall.
 
Eric, had lingered in the smoking room for a while longer sipping on a glass of red wine, before he decided that it was time to go to retire, as he would be rising up early to go and explore the cave he had found the previous day.

As he walked to his chamber, he caught a glimpse of a dark blur that was leaving from the direction of Lady Mariia's bed chamber. Something in his mind told him he was seeing something familiar, something sinister that had just come out of Lady Maria's chamber.

He decided to go and knock on the door,... 'Rap, rap, rap!'... the sound of his knuckles reverberated on the hollow walls of the Hall. No answer came from inside.

He tried the door, and he found it unlocked. As he slowly pushed the door open, he called softly.

"Lady Maria!"

Again he called with a little more force in his voice. "Lady Maria!" still no answer. He made his way to her bed chamber and saw her laying in a fetal position, and sobbing uncontrolably on her pillow. She was totally naked except for her hands clutching a small container.

He covered her up with the sheets, but her face still registered a form of shock, or blank stare that was telling him that she did not even know he was there.

"Lady Maria! are you doing well?" still no answer issued from her lips.

He noticed there was blood on the corners of her mouth, as if she had been bleeding internally, or.........his mind was racing........'she was here!' he thought, she had visited the poor girl that had never done any harm to her. He remembered how she had tried to make him drink of her blood. Immediatly he took action.

Grabbing Maria by her arms, he dragged her to the edge of the bed. Next he went for her mouth with his fingers. Her mouth was clenched tiight as if trying to protect anyting else from entering her mouth.

Forcefully he made her open her mouth, and stuck his middle finger all the way back to the back of her throat.

Lady Maria started gagging with the intrusion of his middle finger touching the very back of her throat, she fought him trying to remove his hand from her mouth but to no avail. He was much stronger than she was.

Inevitably she gagged on the intrusion, and her body took over to fight the cause of the assault on her throat. She dispelled the contents of her stomach all over the floor. She gushed out the blood that had been fed to her, like a fountain it came bubbling out. Eric continued the assault on the back of her throat until their was nothing else for her to vomit.

Not content with what he had done, he forced her to drink water from the near by bed table, afterwards he continued his intrusion with his middle finger down the bewildered girl's throat.

"Throw it out, get it all out of your system!" "I know what I'm telling you!" "You have to do this fast, else you are doomed.

He had taken Maria by surprised, in her mind he was trying to prevent her from keeping such a savory item as had been made available to her. She was still staring into space like as if her mind did not belong to her.

Eric kept up with the finger down her throat, as if he was a man possessed. Once again Lady Maria belched out her guts, only this time the water was crystal clear, no more blood had been ejected out of her system.

He laid her back down on the bed and covered her nakedness, as he searched her eyes for some type of recognition. To no avail, she still had a blank stare on her face. He grabbed her by her shoulders and shook her, forcing her to look at him.

Finally she turned to him. "What are you doing here m'lord, w-what h-happened?"

"It would appear you had a visitor in your chamber m'lady, and I came along not a moment to soon!"

"She gave you blood to drink did she not?"

The poor girl was struggling with the memory of what the woman in black had told her, she looked at Eric, and then to her hand that still clutched the small vile.

Eric followed her gaze, and saw she still had the small container in her possession.
He took her hand and forced it open taking the vile from her.

"Did she give you this?"

"N-no....I....can't remember, I........,"she was fighting with what had been imprinted in her mind.

"It's well that you tell me, I know all about your visitor, she is using you to get to me."

"This is her doing I know it is, now tell me what she told you to do."

"I-I saw her and....she....made me drink....it was horrible!" "I.....she told me I was to give you this in your drink," she signaled to the vile he was holding."

So this woman was more coniving than he thought, she was using whatever means were available to her to get to him. This could not continue, he had to do something to either kill this retched creature, or banish it from his domain. He knew that banishing was not an option, she would return time and time again.

Still she was gaining entry somehow through some as yet undiscovered entrance....he would dedicate the entire day on the morrow to search every room, nook and cranny until he could find the answer.

"Lady Maria, would you mind if I asked you to wear this cross, and not remove it for nothing in the world, nor allow anyone to remove it for you?"

She stared at it, momentarily and remarked..."That cross belonged to my sister didn't it?" "I have one just like it, but I seldom wear it, it's right over there in my keepsake box."

He moved to where she indicated and brought the box to her. "I want you to wear it now, and please do not remove it." "It is the only thing that will ward off what ever it was that came here tonight. I will post a guard at your door, and will send you a chamber maid to clean the floor." He waited until Lady Maria put the icon on her neck, before standing up to leave

"Lady Maria I will not say this to frighten you, but do not accept anything given to you by this creature, or have any dealings with her no matter how good it sounds, your life may depend on it." "Try and get some rest, and I wil see you on the morrow.

He ordered a guard to be posted on all rooms now occupied by Jonathan's family, and ordered the chamber maids to go and clean the vileness that was on the floor of Lady Maria's chamber.

The rest of the night he spent tossing and turning, sleep did not come until the wee hours of the morning, the night had passed without further incidents.
 
**************************************************************

Nefarious soaked in the creek for the better part of the morning, it was getting close to fall, but the days were still sweltering hot. He looked at his wound which appeared to be closing, healing faster than normal. Last eve his wound had reopened when Berengaria had tossed him around like a rag doll, the pain had been excruciating almost making him pass out. His wound now appeared almost completely healed over.

'Must have been the tongue of the bitch,' he thought. 'She sure was licking it good last night,' he mused. Then he touched his sore face.

"That fucking whore, is going to pay, I swear the cunt is going to pay!" exclaiming out loud. He felt drunk like he had drank all night, but he knew he hadn't touched a drop of ale or rum.

'It must have been the blood I drank from the bitch last night." He remembered how good it had tasted, how he had wanted more, and the cunt had back handed him again forcing him to stop. Touching his face he formulated a thought.

'If that cunts drops her guard I'll beat the shit out of her, tie her up, and after I take her ass, I'll drain every drop of fucking blood out of the dirty fucking bitch,...yes, that's exactly what I'm going to do....., no fucking body is going to slap me around like that specially not no dirty ass bitch.' "I'll teach that cunt a thing or two!" again he was talking to himself out loud, feeling all the hatred his heart had stored for the blue eyed pale woman.

He stepped out of the creek not bothering to remove his wet clothing, which eventually dried into a crusty facsimile of what had once been clean clothing.

He felt hungry and felt the need for a bloody steak, and ale to wash it down. There was nothing in his hide out except, salted pork and a few bread crumbs. Going back to the tavern was out of the question,...it was going to be a long night again.
 
Isabelle waited for him to return to his rooms and she looked about the room a pacing ghost as she waited and paced. She heard the sounds down the hall. She slipped through the walls effortlessly to see her husband with her sister and her sister naked. She hadn't waited to see anymore, she had seen him laying her back along the bed her body naked and him leaning over her and she couldn't see anymore. moving about the castle she didn't return to the room where he lived now, instead she moved to the castle walls the tops of them where she had paced for hours when he wasn't in the hall. She sobbed softly and scared off a guard uncaring if anyone saw her as she moved. her silent sobbing making her body shake as she continued to move.

Berengaria saw the host of Isabelle and she smiled evilly and walked to the rampart now deserted of any guards and she chuckled softly," poor dead Isabelle, no one to love you any more... y our husband loves another now." She continued to regard the ghost ands he shook her head slowly," He lusts after her, wants to make love to her like he used to do to you, poor dead Isabelle." She taunted the ghost and she laughed aloud on the winds as Isabelle faded from few her pain written all over her face as she left the laughing Vampire on the top of the walls.

Shaking her head she left the walls and began to walk the House proper now, she hadn't seen that Eric had made Isabelle throw up the blood, not that it would matter it only took but a drop to make men and women ease to her wants and needs. She had been trained on what to do for 5 long years and she had been seeking her revenge for all that time, what mortal would know how to stop a vampire? Wives tales mostly, the cross made them weak and could hurt them if they weren't suspecting it, but if there was no belief behind it... she shook her head and hopped the wall to go in search of Nefarious.

His rantings and raving made her laugh as she stood on the woods and leaned against the tree," where you cursing me Nefarious you oaf? What will you teach me Nefarious? That you smell, that you can't do anything right?" She tormented and taunted him making the night he had already dreaded seem longer," Eyes the color of midnight danced along his face and she laughed and raced at him stopping just sort of slamming into him and picked him bodily off the ground ad slammed him into a tree," What lesson will you teach me you filthy dog?" Picking him back up she pressed him to a tree and she looked into his eyes," you are nothing without me, I am the one with the plan and I am the one that will get you, what you deserve."

Her teeth bared ands he sank them into his neck and she began to feed a bit her other hand holding him fast as she growled and fed leaving him unconscious on the ground, uncaring who found him there. Licking her lisp she chuckled and then tossed a bag of coins onto his chest," for your services." She turned and vanished in the rising mist to head back to her cave to her hiding home well hidden from the world to await the time she would be mistress of Blackthorn and Eric would be hers.
 
The dawn was just breaking into day, as the cockerels crowed the start of a new day. Their built in sense for the time of day urging them on to tell the world it was time to rise for the new day was coming.

Eric got out of bed and walked to the window, from there he could see the far off distance. He saw how the clouds had built up during the night, and were promising a wet day. Already he could smell the damp earth as it soaked in the wetness of a soft mist that was already falling. His day would be a miserable one for sure but he had to get to the root of the problem.

His castle was being threatened by an unseen adversary, and he could not sit idly by to watch it consume those he cared for the most. To watch them either be killed or turned into abominations that would do the same to others. In time the epidemic would be such that there would be only blood thirsty creatures roaming the country side in in the blackest of night in search of blood.

He showered and dressed himself accordingly to meet a wet day. Before leaving he went to the vanity and picked up Isabelle's brush. He brought it slowly to his face as he remembered how she used to brush her lovely red hair every evening.

"How I miss you my love, if only you knew how much I truly miss you and the children."

He thought about Lady Maria as he spoke. "Now it is your sister that is in mortal danger!"

He spoke out loud as if he were telling his problems to a live person instead of an inherent disembodied spirit.

"Last night your sister was visited by an evil fiend that made her drink her blood, if I had not made her throw it out she would be beyond hope." "She needs to leave with her family, of that there is no doubt."

"This is no place for her, for she has been singled out, and this thing will not rest until she has bent her to her will!"

"I was able to save her from her attack last eve my love, she may not fare as well another time."

"How I wish that you were here my love." Tears streamed down his face as he held the brush that had been such a part of his beloved Isabelle.

"I-I must talk to Jonathan about what is going on, she cannot remain!" "She cannot remain!" "To watch her die would be to re-live the horror of finding you and the children the way that I found you!"

"She must go,...go with her family and be safe somewhere other than here!"

There was a knock at his chamber door, "M'Lord....M'Lord....is everything well with you M'Lord?" it was the guard posted at his door. He had heard his rantings and had worried for his safety.

"Y-yes, I-I am well, I was thinking out loud is all!"

"Very well M'Lord!" came the response, and then silence.

Eric lovingly set the brush back on the vanity, and turned to leave. As he reached for the door jamb he heard the noise of something sliding and hitting the wall where a panel stood that held a painting hanging on it.

He searched the room and saw nothing. He turned and went to pick up the brush not noticing that the very floor where the brush had landed, had a faint breeze that emanated from the other side of the wall. Instead, he picked up the brush and returned it to the vanity where he had set it before. A faint fragrance of perfume hung in the air, the very fragrance that had been Isabelle's delight permeated the room.

'She was here!....but where?, where was she?' how he wished he could see her if only once.

He rationalized that perhaps his wife had seen him with Lady Maria and was now angry with him and she had somehow threw the brush in anger.

"My love I could never love another, nor do I ever want to love another the way I love you."

"I have a hole in place of where my heart once lived, for my heart was buried with you and my children."

"Your sister is in grave danger, and I couldn't bear to watch her die a horrible death and do nothing that is all!"

"I love you Isabelle, I will love you until the end of days, and if somehow someway I were reborn, I will search for you until I find you again!" "This I vow to you!"

Hot Tears again streamed down his face, his mind starting to lose control of it's faculties once more. He moved away from the vanity again, and reached the door, this time there was no more disturbance as he walked out.

He forewent breakfast, and went straight to the chapel where he knew mass was being celebrated at that hour. He would have a talk with the Rector of the chapel to ask for advice regarding vampires. He knew him for a well studied man and perhaps he would learn of things,....things he only scoffed at before now.
 
The rector greeted Lord Blackthorn with his usual cordialness, and shook his hand leading him into the rector's office in the small little house that was off the main church.

"How can I help you Lord Blackthorn?" the old priest intoned as he settled into the chair behind the desk piled with books.

"Father, I know that I don't often come to speak to you of things, that was my la.." he paused as he fought back tears that threatened to spill," my late wife Isabelle who came here to see the church members before."

The old priest nodded and smiled kindly as he spoke," ah yes I was told of her charities to the people of your lands and to the church as well. " He crossed his hands along his stomach as he leaned back into he chair," Go on."

"Well I think the hall is cursed with a vampire, " he blurted it out and he began to pace as he related the story to the priest, the blood the bites. He even told about the cross he had placed about his neck burning the creature. Finally he paused for a breath and he turned to look at the man," i need help."

The old man had sat there and raptly listened and hadn't batted an eye lash watching Lord Black thorn pace and talk. He watched his movements and then as he spoke of needing help the priest leaned forward in his chair and rested his arms on the table.

"This sounds like a fascinating story Lord Blackthorn, there have been rumors through the church of demons drinking blood and of magic that has happened before. But Sure they are old wives tales and superstitions to scare children Lord. You are hardly a child," The old priest wasn't from Ireland he was from England and he certainly didn't believe in ghost and boogie men.

"If you want superstitious nonsense to rule your heart Lord then that cross you were about your neck can not protect you for long, you have to believe in the icons of the lord for them to protect you. Perhaps the creature as you call it was was burned and your cross just aggravated it? I have heard of some people biting people but they had something wrong with them."

He shook his head and rose to his feet and moved closer to the Lord and he smiled kindly," if you want to listen to gossip and rumors you are better off talking to the Gypsy's Lord, for they are full of stories and curses too."
 
**************************************************************

Eric made his way to the Chapel just as mass was ending, he went straight to the Rector's quarters and related his story.

The Rector patiently listened looking at him from time to time with penetrating eyes. He shook his head and rose to his feet and moved closer to Eric. He smiled in apparently forced kindness," if you want to listen to gossip and rumors you are better off talking to the Gypsy's Lord, for they are full of stories and curses too."

Eric, wondered mentally why a man of the cloth would not believe his story after hearing it from the Lord of BlackThorn himself. It was not until the Rector had leaned forward in Eric's direction that the tell tale mark was briefly exposed on the Rector's neck.

When he noticed Eric had discovered it, he made a quick effort to hide it by turning his head away from Eric's gaze.

Eric did not say anything else, but merely thanked him for his time and left, he knew it would be pointless to try and convince this man of anything, he had been tainted as well. A true man of God would have at least acknowledged him without doubt simply because of his stature. He had never lied to this man before, yet the Rector had totally discounted his story as fabrications and gossiping rumors.

'She has done her work well!' he thought, as he walked through the halls of the chapel towards the exit. He was almost at the main door when a paper flew out of no where and landed at his feet. Eric looked around for the source of who might have made it sail through the air but saw no one.

He picked up the note and read it's contents, "IF YOU WANT ANSWERS TO YOUR VAMPIRE PROBLEM, GO TO THE MAIN LIBRARIANS HOUSE AT THE HALF HOUR."

Again Eric looked around No one was visible, all that could be heard was the devout singing of the monks kneeling down at the pews reading from their books and worshipping as they sang the church hymns, and the thunder and lightning outside.

He walked out and went to the stables to order that his black be saddled, and made ready for his use. He ordered some torches to be wrapped in oil skins as provisions for what he had to do.

The drizzle had now turned to steady rain as ever darkening cumulus clouds rolled in further darkening the morning. His oilskin cloak and his large hat kept the moisture out as he made his way to the main librarians home.

He knocked on the door, and it quietly opened. A grizzled old face covered by a white flowing beard, appeared at the door. Partly obscured by the inner shadows, he spoke to Eric.

"Come in, I've been expecting you." The slouched figure of the man showed he had been around for many years, he had somehow escaped the tragedy that befell BlackThorn Hall only a few months prior.

"The old man moved towards the fireplace where he had tea brewing in a pot, and poured two earthen mugs full of the brew.

"Sit down and join me with this spot of tea won't you?" he motioned for Eric to take a seat at his table.

"Sugar is in the bowl over there if you like it sweet." he motioned towards and old earthenware bowl on the table as he handed Eric a small wooden spoon.

"My name is Victor Ramsey in-it's self is of no importance, but what I am about to tell you is. I have been a librarian for many years, and in those years I have came across interesting things that many would consider heresy or ludicrous but are never the less true."

"A source has conveyed to me from the Rectory the story, that you conveyed to the Rector. As you probably know by now he is tainted and has been corrupted by the fiends that walk the night."

"H-how!" Eric started to ask the question burning in his mind, as to who had written the note and why.

The old man raised a hand. "It is important that you listen, and do not interrupt for time is short."

Snaps of lightning and the thunderous clap of thunder, were at full crescendo outside, further adding to the intrigue and the mystery of what was being related to him. The old man lit a candle that was at the table as almost pitch darkness had settled over the land.

"In this world there is good, and there is evil," conveyed the old man. "Your domain has been invaded by evil as you have witnessed in the last few days." "Your losses
have been monumental, but all of that will seem small compared to what I am abut to tell you."

The old man went at length explaining the legends of vampires, how they came to be, and how they act and react to certain things. He mentioned Eric's cross and how it must have been blessed in order to have worked on the fiend the way it did.

He mentioned and talked at length about how to kill these beings, and the effect it would have on those bitten but who had not yet turned. He also explained how if one had turned, one had to kill the very source that had sired so many through the years in order to achieve peace and have your soul return.

He explained how your soul leaves your body because it cannot co-exist with vileness. What is left is a walking dead that must have blood for nourishment in order to maintain health and longevity. He explained how they had to die, and be buried, and how they rose again as walking dead. How they had to carry some of the soil from their grave and sleep with it in a coffin in solitude where the rays of the sun would not penetrate.

He spoke of garlic, holy water, wooden stakes, and be-headings. He also mentioned how they could not cross large bodies of water. He mentioned the super strength these evil creatures possessed, and the shrewdness and mental capacities of hypnotic trances, and shape shifting, to commanding wild life such as wolves to do their bidding.

Never underestimate these foul creatures, for they have existed across the centuries, and have not endured as long because they have made many errors.

Eric had not noticed before, but the old man also wore a cross about his neck, and as he looked around a strong pungent smell of garlic permeated the room. It hung in bundles all over the house along with wooden crosses everywhere.

"Beware Eric of BlackThorn for your life will soon be forfeit, if that day comes you will have to choose at great pain what road you will follow." "You have been singled out by this creature and there is little you can do for protection." "I have imparted all you need to know, and I give you these items that you can use." "This wood bears your namesake it is called Blackthorn, driven through the creatures heart will kill it, afterward you must take that heart and burn it along with the head." "Here is some holy water that will burn their skin on contact." "But beware less these very things work on you!"

Eric, took out the vile of black contents that Lady Maria had given to him. The old man took it and threw it into the fireplace. As the vile broke, a burst of flame erupted burning the contents to a cinder.

"In parting, I will convey to you one last thing, there are groups out there that have dedicated a life time to the extermination of these creatures, though some fall to these fiends, others quickly and quietly replace them. It is an unending battle, where neither side will show quarter, until the day comes where mankind will be rid of this pestilence that has prevailed since the beginning of mankind."

"Have faith, believe in the Lord, for with out faith, you are doomed!" With that the old man walked to the door, and opened it. "Go with God, and may he be merciful to you.

**************************************************************

The Rector leaned back in his easy chair, he mused over how he had told the Lord of BlackThorn that he was a liar and a gossiper. Unbeknown to him a shadow moved out of the darkness and stood behind him. The gleam of a knife appeared in the hand of the shadowy figure. A swift slice and the Rector would smile no more. In almost as quick succession the stealthy figure cut off the Rector's head placing it in a bag, and removed the Rector's heart that was still faintly beating trying to continue its work in supplying blood to the dead brain. A head of garlic was placed in the vacant hole where his heart once beat. The shadowy figure disappeared just as quick back into the gloom.
 
The visit to the librarians house had proven most interesting. He had learned valuable knowledge about the enemy that he did not know before.

"Beware Eric of BlackThorn for your life will soon be forfeit, if that day comes you will have to choose at great pain what road you will follow." the old man had said that to him as if prophesying his future.

'What had this old man seen on him that make him say what he said.' He knew that he was a marked man for this fiend of that there was no doubt, but if it came to that he would go down fighting for his very soul if need be. He wondered about Lady Maria, and how she would wake up on this day. The poor girl was scared out of her wits.

He hoped that Jonathan would convince her to leave, else her fate would be sealed along with his own.

The rain was coming down in buckets as he reached the stables, he hated to make his mount suffer in this climate. As he reached the stables the stable man came running to him.

"Sire your horse is ready!" he exclaimed.
"Yes I see that, however I've changed my mind, I will leave the black instead I will take another horse." "As you wish sire," came the answer, and soon another horse was saddled and ready to go. He had all of the equipment with him along with the torches he would need.

"Have a safe day sire!" he nodded to the man, and made his way to the gates.

"Open the gates!" came the order from the guards.

He rode on through, the weather was punishing the rain came down in sheets, and the day was almost like night, combined with lightning and thunder the likes of which he had not seen in a long time.

He reached the base of the cliffs, and found his way into the mouth of the cave, there he made preparations. He had all of the equipment given to him by Victor, and the torches he would need.

He lit the first torch and walked into the cave. He followed it as it snaked its way inward more and more. At the very end he noticed a large circular clearing where there was a large pool of subterranean water. At the very top was a shelf with steps leading up. There he saw a black object that had four candles burning on candle stands at each of its corners.

It was a black coffin, he lifted the lid expecting to find the body of the one he seeked, instead it was empty. He looked around but saw nothing, and heard only the chirping of flying bats that had alerted to his presence.

He followed the stairs that led up until he came to a wall it would seem he had reached the back of BlackThorn Hall....so that was it here was how she was getting in. As he reached for the wall a rush of wind came out of nowhere and hit him hard. He rolled down the stairs to the foot of the coffin.

He growled a curse to himself, he had been caught off guard when he should have been at the ready. As he looked up he saw the hated face of the one that had assaulted him in the forest not so long ago.........
 
The sounds echoed along the cavernous walls of the place she had found to be her home and she could sense she wasn't as alone as she once was, her day was beginning to arrive and this as earlier then she was used to but she began to come to life slowly. She shook her head and then the fall of the rocks brought her completely to her senses and she quickly scrambled out of the coffin and she closed the lid of the resting place and skittered to the corner of the cave. Berengaria had been exploring it for months she knew the place well. Her eyes widened as she saw Eric alone with a torch walk past her and then she smiled.

She followed him silently until he came to the place where she had found a door that would lead her into the the halls of Blackthorn and she shook her head,it was now or not at all. She slammed into him knocking him to the floor and she shook her head," I have been waiting for you Blackthorn," She reached out with the hand covered n leather and she gripped the necklace that was abut his neck and ripped it from his throat. She looked into his eyes as she smiled and then pressed in harder and she sank her teeth into his throat . the blood gushed along her tongue and she lathed and drank the contents of his jugular and the sounds were horrible to hear as she fed upon his neck. She waited until l he was the so very close to death and his eyes were closed. sliding a finger along her lips she sucked up all of the blood that was left on her lips and her fingers and she smiled.

Shifting off his body a bit she dragged him along with her by his coat and she placed him laying along a rock. She gathered the chains she had found in the stables and she moved to shackle him to the rocks base and she chuckled thinking of Lord Black thorn there for her to fed upon and turn to her whim. Finally getting him chained up she moved to the cave's entrance and she brought the horse into the caves, the black would have fought her and she was glad to see that it was just a random beast in the stables. She shook her head,' everything was coming to pass and her elation was bountiful, none knew of the caves that were part of blackthorn and he would be able to change him sooner then she had thought. Tying the animals reins to the rocks near to the base of where she was she moved back to Black thorn's sides and she began to rummage along his body and she wrinkled her nose seeing that he had a few stakes and thing with him , the necklace long gone now she knew he would soon be hers.
 
As Eric looked up at the face of the woman, her blue eyes were blue no more, they were now black as night, and appeared bloodshot as her wanton desire contorted her facial features into a hideous impish look.

In her tight grip of steel she picked him up off of the cavern floor, and embraced him in an unbreakable hold. In the same instant he felt her rip the chain that was around his neck, and with a blur of motion, flung it into the void never to be seen again.

Instantly she was on his neck, sniffing, licking, and finally ripping his jugular vein mercilessly. He felt hot waves of searing pain, as her fangs ripped his vulnerable flesh, slashing his tender neck skin in order to get to the soft main artery supplying the life force to his body.

His life-giving blood spurted into her eager mouth, as she gluttoned on the precious fluid. The animalistic sounds echoing in the cavern as she greedily sucked and growled her pleasure between swallows. The sounds that emnated from her were like those of a lioness feasting on her kill. Jealously guarding it, and ready to fight to the death with whoever threatened to even get near.

Eric felt listless as he gazed upon the flickering flames of the candles that surrounded her casket. Soon even they blurred, as his eyes could no longer focus. He felt his body go limp as the whirlpool of blackness engulfed him. Spiraling down, down, into blackness. A blackness where there was no more searing pain, on his throat, no more fear, no more nothing, simply the merciful painless blackness that precedes death.

He never felt her drag him towards the chains she had readied for him, never felt her strapping them on his wrists and ankles. He never felt the pain that would have been felt as his sagging body would have dug the chains further into his wrists. He simply didn't feel or know anything else.

His brain had been denied the oxygen needed to supply consciousness, and had shut down everything. His heart beating ever so faintly was the only thing that moved in his whole body, and even at that, it was beating just barely enough to supply a small measure of life to his vital organs.

She knew when to stop, and was not yet ready to kill him. She would toy with him at whim, until she no longer needed him. When her evil desire for him had been sated, he would be carrion for the rats, and insects that prevailed inside of the cavern. Such was the fate that had been sealed for the once proud ruler of the land, the ever so generous Lord of BlackThorn.
 
The morning had waned into afternoon, and day still seemed like night. The storm had been relentless, it's heavy downpour had swelled the nearby streams into raging rivers, and still it continued to fall.

Jonathan had awakened late that morning, the thunder and lighting strikes made getting out of bed a chore. He and his wife had decided to stay in bed a while longer. As they lay in eachother's arms, they talked about what their plans were and when they were to start their trek back to their homeland.

"I fear for Maria's safety in this Hall," commented Jonathan to his wife. "There have been to many happenings for me to allow her to stay." "If we succumb to her wishes, I fear that we might lose another daughter."

"Aye!" "I fear that your are right," said his wife, "We must insist on Maria accompanying us back home." "I feel for poor Eric, he will have his hands full here without Maria being an extra burden." "In time he will find a new wife, but I certainly do not want him even thinking of marrying another one of our daughters, after all that he's been through!"

"We will tell Maria of our wishes as soon as we meet for our morning meal!" exclaimed Jonathan. "I'm sure it will break her heart, but better a broken heart than a dead daughter.
 
Isabelle felt a tug to the cellar's she didn't' know why she felt it but it was strong. She slipped through the walls and went lower and lower until she got tot he lowest rooms of the cellar. These rooms were used much anymore they would flood from bad storms that came in along the coast the cliff would fill with water, and some one though maybe and under ground spring would bring the water in.

She felt the tug go through the wall though where solid rock should be, the pull was stronger here and she couldn't imagine what would be dragging her through the rocks. She tried to close out the pull of the feeling but it kept hammering her and she finally gave into th e feeling. She closed her eyes expecting solid rock and as she past through the sound that echoed along her senses was water dipping and echoing.

She peeked one eye and then the other and saw she was in a cavern of some sorts. The rattle of chains near by dragged her further and that is when she saw Blackthorn, her beloved chained to the rock. She floated d to his side her eyes searching his wan features ands he saw the blood and she placed her hands there only to see it oozing out her fingers. She opened her mouth to scream and no sound would come. Her feelings were tied to her ability to make nose and she was distraught now.


Berengaria sat on a near by rock, she had known Isabelle would be dragged to Blackthorn's wavering light their love was strong and her old grandmother had been right. Bring the husband close to death and the wife would come. She almost laughed at the hilariousness o it and she shook her head and then started her chants" in this life you do not belong, in this life you will not remain. In this life you will be forgotten, in this life you need to go... IN this life you do not belong, in this will not remain." as she sing songed her chant she tossed herbs and powders at the ghost and she watched as Isabelle began to fade, her silent screams not being heard as she tried to fight whatever Berengaria was doing to her. She finished off the last of the herbs and watched as Isabelle faded from sight and not to return to this life ever again.

Moving to Eric's side she sliced her wrists and she fed him the blood he would need to survive. He couldn't stop her this time, he couldn't keep from the blood oozing into his stomach and deeper into his being. is own depleted blood would need to be changed and this was life giving of a different kind. She fed him as much as she could and the closed his mouth as he laid there unconscious and she smiled and stroked his throat," soon you will be mine Eric, and your love for me will be something you never expected."

She stroked her fingers through your hair and she smiled and waited for a hour or so and then left he cavern to head out into eh forest with the hors you had conveniently brought with you. She laughed and through her head to the wind and the rain a bag she had brought with her filled with more chains as she headed to the place she could smell Nefarious.

About an hour's ride got her to his newest hole and she called to him in a sing song tone. and she gathered the chains about her as she called to him, " what do ye want you black-hearted slut?" His tone was gravelly as he step up out of the shadows and Berengaria chuckled," you."

She jumped him shackled one of the bracelets to his wrists and then proceeded to wrap his good arm about his body and the chain as well and then locked int into place.

"What vile thing have you done you blue eyes bitch?" He bellowed and wriggled and tried to shake the chains loose only to feel her grab a hand full and yank him along to the horse she had rode up.

" to Blackthorn we ride Nefarious, to black thorn and your end." She laughed and all but tossed him up and onto he horse and she looped a cloth about his mouth to gag him as she moved and wheeled the horse around to make a run for blackthorn caves and the end of her torment.
 
Eric's senses started to come back as droplets of water splashed on his face from the many stalactites on the ceiling of the large cave. Bats flew around making eerie sounds as they flew from place to place and in and out of the cave.

He regained his footing only to find that his feet were shackled along with his wrists. Still, it was a large relief on his wrists that had been supporting most of his weight. The cruel steel had dug deep into his flesh, and his neck felt sore from the damage inflicted by the large fangs that had torn into him once more.

He remembered how the woman had came out of no where, and caught him off guard. He growled at the thought that he had been caught like an inexperienced man out for a daily constitutional.

"Never underestimate the power of these creatures! had been Victor's warning. "They have been around for centuries and are wise beyond belief, they don't live through the centuries by making many errors!"

Those had been his words of warning to him, but he failed to enlighten him on one important thing. Due to the darkness of the day, the sun had been obscured, it was almost total darkness, and the vampiress had arisen much earlier than he had expected. He should have put his senses on alert the instant he had been aware that the coffin was empty.

He had paid the price for his stupidity, and now he was at the mercy of the creature. Only the creature had no mercy, mercy was for the living, for one that had a soul, not for a vile creature that walks the night void of all compassion for any living thing.

He was repulsed by the thought that the creature had drained his blood almost to the point of killing him. Yet, he now tasted the after taste of the sweetness of her blood, in his mouth, the same blood she had tried to make him drink so long ago in the forest. It was now inside of him, coursing through his body as it was absorbed by every cell in his being.

The thought of her repulsed him, but he had been kept alive by her for a reason yet unknown to him. He wanted to leave this place to go far away from the reach of the creature, and yet he was now fascinated by the thought of seeing her again. He wanted to know more about what she had in store for him, and now he wanted more of her blood. Like a drug of some sort the desire to have more of her now mixed with the thoughts of repelling her.

He pulled at the chains with all of his might, to no avail. The chains had been well secured to two columns of mineral deposits that reached upward toward the ceiling of the cave. He would have to wait for her return, or die there with no one to come to his rescue. The tracks the horse might have left for anyone to follow were long washed away by the powerful storm. He was now alone, and on his own.

He felt drained, and weak as he drifted off to sleep once more. He thought he smelled the perfume he had given to Isabelle at one time, but it faded away. Perhaps she had finally found peace, and no longer walked the halls of BlackThorn as a lonely ghost looking for her beloved husband.

He needed her now more than ever, if only she had lived. Those were his final thoughts before drifting off to sleep, drifting into a realm of nightmares filled with strange creatures, a place full of demons and ghostly apparitions, where death and torture were prevalent.

His initiation into the evil plan of the blue eyed creature had begun for him, he was on a path of no return, a path that would eventually separate him from his soul, a path that would lead him into the blackest pits of hell, where his life would be forfeit.
 
********************************************************************

Lady Maria had remained in her chamber most of the morning, unaware of the happenings at the Rectory, nor of Lord Blackthorn's where abouts. She was aware of only one thing, she had decided that she would remain regardless of the strange happenings that were plaguing the Hall. She decided she would let her father know of her decision at meal time.

She sat at the vanity and admired her figure, her breasts were full and developed, and her body was that of a goddess, everything was well proportioned and at the peak of her womanhood. She slid her hands down to the valley of her pubis and wondered if Eric would like to see her standing naked like she was now. What thoughts would run through his head? Would he reject her, or would he make her his? She thought how lucky her sister had been all these years with such a man as he.

She knew he had seen her nakedness, and had been a gentleman about covering her up, but he had seen her enchantments never the less. She wondered what thoughts he might have of her. She had been visited by a creature she knew nothing about, and he had came to her rescue. She admired him for that, and deep down she knew she wanted Eric Blackthorn for herself. Her body tingled at the thought of his touch.

Her nipples started to get hard as her hand found its way to her most intimate part. She remembered the day out by the cliffs where she had let her thoughts run wild imagining that her hand was the hand of Lord Blackthorn.

She sighed as her first orgasm over took her body, she brought her fingers to her mouth to taste the juices that were freely flowing out of her vaginal entrance, it felt so good and natural to be like this, thinking of him and what he would do to her.

She got as much of her juice as she could on her fingers, and in slow sensuous circles applied the moisture to her nipples, now sensitive to her touch. She imagined Lord Blackthorn sucking on them and tasting her juices.

"Ohhhhhhhhhhhh!" she sighed, as another tremor overtook her body, what she would give to have him here with her this instant.

The thought occurred to her that she would tell him at meal time what she intended to do, and her father would have to approve. She snapped back into reality, and started to get dressed, she purposely did not dry her wetness, she wanted to sit next to him and feel the moistness that her thoughts of him had brought on.

As she made her way to the main dinning hall she was met there by her parents.
They all sat down and the maids made ready to serve them.

"Has anyone seen Lord Blackthorn?" asked Jonathan. "No m'lord, Lord Blackthorn stepped out at the wee hours of the morning and has not returned as of yet!" answered the maid.

"Where could he have gone on such a terrible day? It has been pouring rain all morning long! Did he leave word as to where he was going or how long he would be out? questioned Jonathan.

"No m'lord, he didn't so much as had anything to eat, he left on an empty stomach I'm afraid. answered the maid. "Perhaps he told the Captain of the guard, or the stable squire." she added.

"Hmmmmm!" answered Jonathan rubbing his chin. "This is certainly out of character of him to disappear like that." This further added to the intrigue and mystery that now surrounded BlackThorn Hall.

He turned to Lady Maria, as he started to speak. "I know Maria that you are determined to stay behind when we return back home, we beg of you to reconsider and go back home with us." "This place is no place for you, besides Eric has a lot of things on his mind presently and does not need to worry about your safety." "Lord Blackthorn has enemies, and we have already lost one daughter and would not like to lose a second."

Therefore I deem it necessary for you to return with us at once, so that Lord Blackthorn can move on without having to worry about your safety.

Maria was appalled, never had her father spoken to her in such a way. Also that he did not even bother to ask her if she agreed or not.

"I am a grown woman and I know what I want, and I want to remain here at Blackthorn Hall regardless of what might be happening!"

"I forbid it!" countered Jonathan. "Your mother and I have reached our decision and you will leave with us on the morrow, as soon as the rain stops for a while.

Lady Maria knew it was hopeless to try and make her father give an inch once his mind was made up, seeing that Eric was not going to be partaking of the meal with them she decided she would go back to her chamber and start to pack her things.

"If I may be excused, I will go back to my chamber I am not hungry!"

"You're excused!" answered Jonathan curtly. "I will have the maid bring something to your chamber."

Lady Maria did not answer, but got up from the table and made her way back to her chamber. She would not tell her father of her attacker, nor of Eric's intervention, it would be pointless, and would only drive the nail home for her father to further insist on her leaving.

Someday she would return with her father's blessings or not. Tears appeared on her eyes and face as she made her way back to her chamber.
 
**************************************************************

Nefarious had been left at the base of the great tree where Berengaria had glutted on his blood. He awoke later on, weak and bewildered. His arm did not hurt anymore, it had healed over with hardly a trace of the great damage caused by the sharp steel of Eric Blackthorn's blade. The almost surgical precision of the blow had been surreal, if not for his quick action to burn the open wound his life would have ended at the spot where he fell.

The effects of the blood given to him by Berengaria, unbeknown to him had curative powers beyond belief, the enzymes in her blood and saliva had curative powers that would heal as well as deaden pain to any wound. He felt his neck where she had bitten him, and the torn flesh left from her greed had healed over to where there was nothing left to show.

'Damn that cursed female!' he thought. He looked up and felt the weight of the two bags of coins that she had tossed on his chest as she left. He never heard her leave nor was he aware of anything save the fact that he had been consumed by a black cloud of peacefulness. He didn't care nor felt anything when he had blacked out.
After shaking the cob webs in his head he decided to find a secluded spot where she would not find him again.

Weakly, he dragged himself to his feet, and staggard in the direction of the forest where he knew of a cave, more of a hole in the ground, but it was a place where he knew she could not follow him easily. He was hungry but not for food, he craved red meat, the bloodier the better. He knew there would be no such thing unless he came across an animal of some sort. Wearily he contiinued inside, where he found a sandy spot and laid down.

The rest of the day and night were uneventful, his hunger was twisting his guts. He was about to leave the security of his cave, in the late evening, when at the entrance of the cave a figure appeared. In a sing song fashion she called to him, "Nefarious come, to me. Don't make me wait for you...." teasingly, provokingly, she beckoned him to answer her call.

"What do ye want you black-hearted slut?" he responded with all the hatred he felt for her. He saw her standing there calling to him and laughing at his pityful condition,
he now saw her in a different light. He hated her, but as he saw her form silouetted against the light of the moonlit cave, she was exquisitly shaped, his mind instantly went carnal. Not only did he crave her blood, he wanted her sexualy. It excited him now to be able to drink from her, there was something exhilerating in the whole vile affair that excited him to no end.

He arose and walked in her direction. He was calculating and waiting for an instant in which she would let down her guard. Then he would overpower her and have his way with her. 'I will have your ass yet, you black-hearted cunt, just ye wait for ole' Nefarious, and he will show you a thing or two.' At that instant she pounced on him like a tigress would jump on her intended victim. In one motion she clasped a shackle on his wrist, and wrapped a chain around his body and secured it all in one motion it seemed.

A shock went through him, she had overpowered him again. He didn't stand a chance against her power. She was fast, faster than the eye could follow in her movements. "What vile thing have you done you blue eyed bitch?" Instantly he wriggled trying to get out of the coils of chain. At the same time he felt her yanking him and dragging him out into the open night towards a mount she had tied to a willow tree.

"To Blackthorn we ride Nefarious, to Blackthorn and to your end." She laughed as she tossed him onto the horse's back with such ease that she might have been tossing a rag doll. She looped a rag around his mouth to further silence his vile remarks to her. She also mounted and turned the horse in the direction of BlackThorn Hall. 'Had she lost her mind?' 'Death awaited him at BlackThorn, his vile act with Blackthorn's family would not soon be forgotten, in this lifetime or the next.'

'He was now missing one arm, and if Blackthorn had done what he did to him, with his good arm in use, he could well imagine what he would do to him now that he was down to one arm.' She flogged the horse until it was at a dead run. Tree limbs smashed against his head and legs as he was draped across the horse's back. Still she flogged the horse for more speed. She turned the heavily lathered horse in the direction of the cliffs and the direction of the ocean.

'What crazyness was this?' Was she going to run the horse over the cliff and kill them both?' At the last possible moment she reined the horse in the direction of a cave at the base of the cliffs. In lightning quick moves she dismounted and roughly reached for him and dragged him in the direction of the cave. He could not see a thing due to the pitch blackness, but she appeared to be able to see as if it was light. She finally stopped and dropped him like a sack of potatoes on the rough cavern floor.

Nefarious struggled to a kneeling position trying to regain his feet. His eyes were adjusting to the semi lit cavern. He saw a coffin a few paces away, and as he looked around his eyes focused on the form of none other than the man that was guilty of leaving him armless. It was the form of Eric of BlackThorn, also chained to two columns by his hands and feet. Nefarious looked at his captor as she gazed intently on the form of Blackthorn that was apparently slumbering or dead. She gazed at him with pentup desire as her breathing noticeably quickened. It was obvious she wanted Blackthorn of that there was no doubt.

Anger and jealousy filled Nefarious, if this black hearted woman was going to be anybody's she was going to be his. Eric of Blackthorn had taken his arm and half of his life and he would not share her even if she needed him only for his blood. Nefarious struggled to his feet. 'At first chance I will kill Blackthorn!' he thought. There would be nothing or no one to prevent him from doing so. His breathing was raspy as he stared in the direction of Blackthorn, as he felt a hard slap that came seemingly out of no where.......
 
Berengaria's plans were coming to all that she wanted it too. She had Black thorn for now bound and chained to the cavern floor and roof holding him in his place.

Nefarious was now at her feet knocked out from the blow to the back of his head. Her laughter echoed off the walls and made the bats chatter and chirp. She moved about the cave cleaning this and that area as she moved and finally went back to the mouth of the cave and lead the horse once more to the floor inside the cave and tethered it off and she unsaddled the beast. He would be needed for what she would would do next.

Moving about the cave's depths she moved to the secret door that lead to the deeper caverns of the hall and she peeked into the depths of the rooms, no one ever came down here anymore, the hauntings of Isabelle, now long gone had frightened them all away. She slipped in and out of the shadows as she moved higher and higher into the hall and she looked along corridors as she finally came to the level where the sleeping chambers where. She slipped into an old room and realized it was the nursery of the children that had once belonged to black thorn and his wife. She chuckled and she looked about and then finally found what she was looking for a small wooden sword that had belonged to a child perhaps once. She moved aback the way she had come and she finally arrived at the level of the caves and moved to Black thorn's side. " Eric, oh Eric... awaken and find what I have brought you.." she chuckled as she spoke and she slid her fingers along his cheeks as she spoke and she awakened him to her her eyes sliding along his own. " I have brought you Nefarious there, " she pointed tot he lump of the most hated man in Eric's life and he waited for him to awaken more.

"I will give you a choice my love," she spoke softly and she stroked him slowly," I will give him to you , to kill or do as you please with him, if you will but do one thing for me?" Her eyes slid to his own and she waited for him to see her speak to her and she sighed realizing he couldn't' in the darkness and she moved away to light the torch he had brought with him and set it near to hand so he could see her more plainly. " All you have to do Eric my love is agree to what I want and I will give you Nefarious to do with as you will... but if you do not agree to that one simple request I will let him have you..."

She trailed off after speaking and she moved to the lump that was Nefarious and she dragged him closer and closer to where Eric was shackled to the columns of minerals,"One thing, one small thing for me and he will be all yours."
 
Lady Maria did as she said she would, She went back to her rooms. but not to sleep. She gathered her cloak about her body and then packed up some clothing and some toiletries. She then pulled out a sheath of paper and she wrote a letter;

Father,

I am a woman grown and I have lived under your care and your house for far too long. I am falling in love with Lord Blackthorn and I have run away to find him. When I do I know he will want to take me to be his wife, and you will not be able to stop us. Please believe me when I say that I think the Lord has fallen in love with me as well, please do not stay another day I know you want to be on your way. I will send word once I have found my lord and we are wed.

All my Love,
Maria


She folded the letter and placed it on the bed where she might have been sleeping. She slipped out of her rooms and to the back stairs, following them down she didn't hear anything and she finally settled on the ground floor near to the kitchens. She heard the maids bustling about and she snuck in and around and stole a few loaves of bread some cheese and fruit and slipped out the back door to the hall. there were some cottages near by but she knew her father would look for her there. She moved to the barns and she smiled and headed for the hayloft. She had no idea where blackthorn was but he would return on a horse, he had too and her parents would be long gone, by the time he came back or she was found. She moved to the far back area of the barn hayloft and she scooted into the hay that was scattered there, and soon fell asleep.
 
As Eric of Blackthorn slept, he was awakened by the far away sound of clinging chains. The foggy cobwebs started to disappear from his mind, like fog disappears with the rising sun. He heard voices, the voice of a woman, and one of a man. He listened closer as the sound of footsteps and dragging chains came closer. It was the vampiress, who appeared to be dragging someone along with her. In the near pitch blackness of the cave he could see them with the help of the dim candles that iluminated her coffin.

As Eric's eyes opened slightly they focused on none other than the leacherous face of his most hated enemy. Even in the near darkness his face was unmistakable. The butcher that had killed his family was here. The lout that had raped and killed his beloved Isabelle. He tugged at his chains to no avail, he was defenseless and powerless to evade any attack on his person. His sword had been taken off his waist by the vampire before she chained him to the pillars. Nefarious also had seen him, only he too was wearing chains.

As they both stared at each other, seething rage was overcoming them both. Each thinking of the loss they had suffered by the actions of their deeds. Nefarious thought of his near fatal loss of his arm, and Eric thought of the actions of this monster with his family. He thought of his beloved children. How they had been put to the sword by this thing that stood in front of him. He thought of his beloved Isabelle brutally raped and then beheaded by the hand of this monster that now stood in front of him.

Nefarious made the first move, he was only bound by the chains that encircled his body, and his only good left arm. He could still move his feet and did so. Quick as a cat he lunged at Eric, but the hand of the vampire was faster. With a brutal slap she put an end to any agression, rendering him unconcious. Just as quick she was on top of Eric, cooing and talking to him him in his ear. "Eric oh Eric, awaken and see what I have brought you."

She was teasing him and laughing as she talked to him, he could smell her fragrance as she spoke to him pressing her body on his. I have brought you Nefarious there."as she pointed to the man on the cave floor. "I will give you a choice my love," she spoke softly as she stroked him slowly,"I will give him to you , to kill or do as you please with him, if you will but do one thing for me?"

She wanted him to see her, but Eric's eyes were not like her's she could see in total darkness, to where he was limited with his human vision. Using one of the torches he had brought with him, she lit the torch and again pointed to the crumpled man laying on the cavern floor. Cat like she moved and dragged Nefarious closer to where Eric could see him in the clear light.

"One thing, one small thing for me and he will be all yours." Without hesitation he answered her. "Name your desire, but give me back my weapons, I have unfinished business with this man! She was face to face with him as she stared into his eyes searching for just the smallest hint of treachery on his part.
He could feel her body pressing on his, as he thought of Victor's words telling him how they were cold as ice because they were undead. She felt almost normal to him, the feel of her body was almost exciting but for the fact that rage was consuming him more than desire.

He looked into her eyes as her lips were almost in contact with his. "Tell me what it is that you want?"
 
The last day at BlackThorn Castle
***************************************************​

Jonathan had ordered for the morning meal to be taken to Lady Maria's chamber, when the maid arrived at her chamber she knocked but there was no answer from inside. "Lady Maria, Lady Maria!"she was insistent in her call. "She's not in!" reported the guard. Lady Maria left, earlier, she had some bags as if she was leaving, I thought Lord Jonathan had called for her to leave." replied the astonished guard. "Did she tell you where she was going?"queried the maid. "Nay, the lady did not say!" answered the guard, fear registering in his eyes. He knew that his mission was to keep her safe, and she had walked out to parts unknown.

The maid entered her chamber, and noticed the note on Lady Maria's bed. As she read it she exclaimed out loud. "Oh sweet mother of God!" Immediately she bolted out of the door, and ran straight for Lord Jonathan's room. Desperately she knocked on the door and didn't have long to answer. Jonathan opened the door and saw the look of desperation on the maid's face. "What is wrong, dear woman?" "What has happened?" "Sire! Sire! I regret to inform you that Lady Maria is gone, she left earlier according to the guard! She had some bags and did not say where she went off to!" "I also found this on her bed!" She presented Jonathan with the note she had found.

Lord Jonathan read the letter, and crumbled it up. "This is preposterous!" he announced. "Our worst fears have come to pass!" he retorted to his wife.
"Maria has left, no doubt with our son in law, no wonder he rode out so early, he was planning this all along under our very noses, the nerve of that man!"
"We should have left days ago!" he told his wife. He unraveled the crumpled note and showed it to his wife. What a scoundrel he turned out to be, now another one of our daughters in grave danger!" she exclaimed.

"It is of no use!" exclaimed Jonathan. "Where do we begin to look?""The rain has washed all traces of tracks away, it is pointless, if this is what she wants, then so be it. We leave at first light. He went out and gave his guard commander the order that they would be marching out at first light, and went back into their chamber to ponder what was going to be the next move for them.
 
Lord Jonathan was beside himself. Livid with anger, he paced his chamber up and down rambling to himself as he did so. "So this is how the Lord of BlackThorn repays my kindness, by consorting with my second youngest child. It is well that we are leaving, else he probably would go for the baby of the family as well!" "The nerve of that man!"

"My Lord!" said his wife. "It is late, and we have a long march ahead of us on the morrow, you really should get some sleep."

"Sleep!" "Who can sleep when there is so much on my mind?" "That scoundrel took our daughter, and you want me to sleep?" When I get my hands on him, he will wish I had left him to rot in the woods with the rest of his men!" "I'll crucify him that's what I'll do!" "I swear this by all that's holy!"

Lord Jonathan could not contain himself any longer, he went straight for the writing table, and started to write.

To you scoundrel Lord Blackthorn, you have been consorting with my daughter behind my back, and under our very noses. You have no shame! I will see you at your earliest opportunity, where you and I can have words. I don't fault my daughter for she is still young. She thinks she knows of life but she is wrong. You should have left her alone. It is enough that my Isabelle is no more, now you inflict this new pain into our lives. There is only one outcome that can come of this, and that is for you to meet me in the field of battle! Only then can the dishonor you have bestowed on this family be amended. We travel back to my homeland on the morrow, but I will close in saying that your betrayal speaks loud of your bad intentions, and ill will toward those that helped you in your moment of need. I regret helping you! I should have left you out there as carrion for the crows and the creatures of the night. If you are half the man you think you are, then you will face me so as to end this shame you have bestowed upon me.

Signed and with my seal,


Lord Jonathan


He sealed the letter with melted wax and put the emblem of his house on the cooling wax. He then walked out to the hall where both guards were standing guard, one on Lord Blackthorn's chamber, and the other on Lady Maria's chamber.
He went fist to Lord Blackthorn's chamber. Has Lord Blackthorn returned?"
"Nay sire!"
came the response. "I entrusted you with certain duties, and you have failed me, you cannot even tell me of his whereabouts!" "I will see you at first light in front of the guard commander, you are relieved of your duties!"

With that, the poor guard not knowing what else to say, walked away in the direction of the barracks. Lord Jonathan then entered the chamber and left the sealed letter where he knew Eric would not miss it, he secured it to the vanity mirror facing the door, so that it would be the first thing he saw upon entering.
He then stormed out in the direction of Lady Maria's chamber.

He queried the guard in front of Lady Maria's door in the same fashion, and dismissed him also. The two would pay dearly for their dereliction of duty, he would have them in chains all the way back to his castle.

The night could not pass by to quick for Lord Jonathan. He had just closed his eyes to go to sleep, when the crowing of the first cockerels announced that the new day was not far off. All of the wagons, had been loaded, and the last details were taken care of. The guard commanders exchanged duties, confident that all of the new guards, and commanders, had been trained well enough to continue in service for BlackThorn castle.

It was then that he spoke to his guard commander to bring the two soldiers that had neglected their duties. "Front and center you two!" his voice reverberating off of the walls. "I want these two men relieved of their duties, stripped of their ranks, and chained to the wagons. They will walk all the way back to the homeland. The three hundred strong mounted soldiers were lined up at attention, and all heard the order given to the commander by Lord Jonathan. No one dared to blink an eye, only the snorting, and pawing of the impatient horses could be heard. The two bewildered soldiers were taken away and chained to the rear of a wagon. It would be a long way home for the two.

When all was ready the order was given to march. "Oooopppeen the gaaaates!" came the order. Two by two's the mounted soldiers rode their mounts out of Blackthorn castle, followed by the loaded wagons, and one hundred fifty more mounted soldiers followed the wagons, until all were through the gates, Close the gates!" Slowly the gates creaked to a stop as they were secured by the residents guards.

************************​

Lady Maria never heard the commotion. She was fast asleep in the very back of the second level of the barn, where she had elected to hide awaiting the return of her would be Lord. She dreamt of white lilies, and beautiful flowing creeks, and birds singing in the morning breeze. Her slumber was a contented one, blissful and peaceful. She was not aware of the horrors waiting to be bestowed on the one she had elected. For the one she had so adamantly disobeyed the wishes of her father. The peter pat of the waning raindrops foretold to all, that the worst of the storm was finally over, that the new day eventually would be filled with sunshine. The storm was finally over, the soft melody of the last of the rain made her sleep even more blissful. The storm had past, but a new and very different storm was about to begin........
 
Back
Top