Con artist makes up hate crime to pin on Trump supporters!

Dumpington

Literotica Guru
Joined
Aug 3, 2001
Posts
2,891
Can you believe this Jussie Smollett guy? He apparently wanted attention, and fully understanding just how much the media hated supporters of President Trump, Smollett went out and staged his very own hate crime, with himself as the victim of an attack by anti-black, anti-gay conservatives - from Africa! And the media immediately gobbled-it-up, exactly as expected! Jussie wanted to be Dr. Christine Blasey-Ford (minus her little girl's voice), and for a few days he actually got his wish!

The Hollywood entertainment community and pretty much ALL of this nation's prominent Democrats had the "courage" to immediately believe all of Smollett's lies and immediately went on the attack against President Trump & the Republicans - right on cue! Robert Stacy McCain wrote the following for The American Spectator:

Bearing False Witness: The Case of Jussie Smollett

Four below zero — that’s how cold it was at 2 a.m. in Chicago on Jan. 29, when actor Jussie Smollett claims he was the victim of a racist, homophobic hate crime perpetrated by two white Trump supporters. There were many reasons to be skeptical of Smollett’s story, but the fact that Chicago was experiencing a “polar vortex” of arctic cold was high on the list of doubts. Even if you could believe that two right-wingers would be stalking a not-very-famous actor in downtown Chicago, waiting for a chance to attack him on his way back from a wee-hours trip to a sandwich shop, why would they be doing this in -4°F weather?

Smollett’s story never made sense, and it came completely unraveled last week after Chicago police apprehended two of the Empire actor’s friends when they flew into O’Hare Airport, returning from a trip to Nigeria. According to reports by Chicago’s WBBM-TV and other outlets, brothers Abimbola “Abel” Osundairo and Olabinjo “Ola” Osundairo were paid $3,500 by Smollett to stage the fake hate crime. Police have not yet filed any charges or given an official explanation of exactly what happened, and Smollett’s attorneys issued a statement Saturday asserting his innocence, but there is now every reason to believe that the whole thing was a complete hoax. If this proves to be the case, will any of the liberals who rushed to exploit Smollett’s tale face any consequences for smearing Trump supporters?

Consider, for example, what Stephen Colbert did on The Late Show. Two days after Smollett claimed he was attacked, Colbert invited lesbian actress Ellen Page onto the CBS program to blame the Trump administration, and particularly Vice President Mike Pence, for “what happened the other day to Jussie.” After describing Pence’s conservative policies as having “hurt LGBTQ people so badly,” Page said: “Connect the dots. This is what happens if you are in a position of power and you hate people and you want to cause suffering to them — you go through the trouble, you spend your career trying to cause suffering, what do you think is going to happen?” This was either deliberate slander, or evidence of insuperable stupidity, but neither Colbert nor Page have acknowledged any error, because they don’t have to. Presumably, the advertisers and executives at CBS have no problem paying Colbert to falsely blame Republicans for a “hate crime” that turns out to be a hoax, and Page knows that every liberal in Hollywood will applaud her “courage” for insulting the vice president.

Anyone with common sense could see that Jussie Smollett’s story didn’t add up, but evidently none of the Democrats running for president in 2020 has any common sense. New Jersey Sen. Cory Booker and California Sen. Kamala Harris used almost identical language in proclaiming Smollett the victim of “an attempted modern-day lynching.” Former Vice President Joe Biden declared: “We must stand up and demand that we no longer give this hate safe harbor; that homophobia and racism have no place on our streets or in our hearts.” Smollett was the victim of “the latest of too many hate crimes against LGBTQ people and people of color,” said New York Sen. Kirsten Gillibrand, adding: “We are all responsible for condemning this behavior and every person who enables or normalizes it.” Other leading Democrats joined this chorus of condemnation. House Speaker Nancy Pelosi called the “racist, homophobic attack… an affront to our humanity,” while New York Rep. Alexandria Ocasio Cortez asserted that the attack on Smollett was indicative of “the rise of hate crimes.” No Democrat more explicitly pointed the finger of blame than California Rep. Maxine Waters who said “this is happening for a reason.… It’s coming from the President of the United States. He’s dog-whistling every day.”

If the incident which provoked all these denunciations proves to be a hoax, however, will any of these Democrats apologize? Will they suffer any actual consequences for being so disastrously wrong about what happened to Jussie Smollett? No, don’t be silly. Liberal journalists won’t ask Booker, Harris, Biden, or other Democrats to explain why they were so easily deceived. Indeed, the media are already trying to spin the story to rescue Democrats. CNN’s Brian Stelter claimed Saturday that the real problem is that “random websites” had “weaponized” the story, whatever that means. Stelter went on to say of the Smollett hoax that “the motive here is still a mystery at the heart of the story.” Except it’s not really mysterious: Smollett has repeatedly declared his hatred of President Trump, and what better way to damage the president than to frame Republicans for a fake hate crime? And liberal journalists were eager to act as Smollett’s accomplices, as Daily Wire’s Ashe Schow remarked Sunday: “This is absolutely about the media and their constant desire to prove Orange Man Bad no matter how implausible the story.”

Meanwhile, in Chicago, WBBM-TV’s Charlie De Mar continues diligently reporting the story, with the latest development being that Smollett himself paid for the rope with which he claimed to be “lynched” by the Osundairo brothers. Sources told WBBM-TV that the rope — a clothesline, actually — was purchased at the Crafty Beaver Hardware Store the weekend before the Jan. 29 incident: “The brothers told detectives the three men rehearsed the attack days prior to it happening.” If Smollett is found to have filed a false police report, he could reportedly face up to three years in prison under Illinois law. Because of the hate-crime implications of the case, however, the FBI has also been involved in the investigation, and lying to the FBI could land Smollett in federal prison. But that’s mere speculation at this point, as law-enforcement authorities are not saying much officially, most of the reporting is on a “sources said” basis, and Smollett’s lawyers continue to maintain his innocence.

Thou shalt not bear false witness against thy neighbor,” as the Ninth Commandment declares, and it would be a breach of that divine law to declare Smollett guilty of a hoax without certain proof. If we can believe what has been reported so far, however, it would appear Smollett himself had no qualms about bearing false witness against others — namely the 62.9 million Americans who voted for President Trump. Liberals are always willing to believe the very worst about Republican voters, and the apparent hate-crime hoax in Chicago looks like an effort to manufacture evidence to encourage that belief.

Common-sense skepticism is our best defense against the myths created by what Trump likes to call the “fake news” media. Maybe next time, they’ll get away with it, but this latest debacle, coming on the heels of the Left’s debunked smear of the Covington Catholic boys, has only further eroded the credibility of the president’s enemies. It’s gonna be four below zero in Hell before we trust them again.


This is exactly why so few people trust the mainstream news media anymore. They have their political agenda, and will automatically buy into anything that supports it.
 
Just how low are Liberals willing to stoop? This is pretty low, but I suspect they have more up their sleeves. Do they realize how much credibility they lose every time they pull this shit? And actually BELIEVE that Americans will TRUST them to run this country?

I seriously think it's time to put the hammer down on all the false allegations, misinformation and outright LIES the liberals have been feeding the American people. This shit is TREASON, pure and simple. And it needs to be dealt with accordingly.
 
My I writes: "Do they realize how much credibility they lose every time they pull this shit? And actually BELIEVE that Americans will TRUST them to run this country?"

Initially, EVERYBODY in the Democratic Party (and their Hollywood entertainment-community allies) rushed to believe Jussie Smollett because he was showing "PROOF" that all Trump supporters were racists, which is what they already want to believe. EXCEPT THAT JUSSIE LIED! The gay black Democrat activist played them all for fools! Tucker Carlson has exposed this entire episode in the following account:

Why the left so desperately wanted to believe in Jussie, and not in America

When TV star Jussie Smollett claimed to be the victim of a racist anti-gay attack at the hands of two Trump supporters, virtually the entire news media and a parade of politicians immediately believed him and demanded the rest of us do so as well.

Now, that story is coming completely apart, with police sources saying Smollett likely orchestrated the entire attack himself. But while we wait for the facts to come to light, it is worth remembering that almost 3,000 people were shot in the City of Chicago last year -- women, small children -- sometimes alone and sometimes in groups. Many hundreds of them died, and not a single one received anything like the attention the media has lavished on a relatively minor assault alleged by Smollett.

On the other hand, none of Chicago's 3,000 shootings were even half as useful as Smollett's story.

The Smollett story had everything for a national media that long ago gave up the pretense of gathering news. Journalism is now explicitly a political job, the point of which is to enforce cultural orthodoxies and punish enemies.

Jussie Smollett was the perfect vehicle for both of those things.

Journalists pretended to be horrified as they recounted what he said happened to him, but secretly, they were thrilled.

There are many indications of a hate crime here. They are looking for two suspects who were wearing apparently wearing "Make America Great Again" hats though that has not yet been officially confirmed,” said MSNBC National Correspondent Miguel Almaguer.

Liz Plank, host of Vox Media’s “Consider It,” just knew President Trump had something to do with the attack.

We don't know what happened to Jussie, but what we do know is that racism is alive and well in this country,” Plank said. “There is real evidence of people who have done these crimes, who cite that the President has inspired them.”

Jonathan Capehart, of the Washington Post, agreed with Plank. President Trump was most certainly to blame.

The fact that [the attackers] reportedly said, ‘This is MAGA country,’ adds to sort of the atmosphere of menace that African-Americans in particular and people of color in general have felt since the advent of the Trump administration," Capehart mused.

Finally, there was this observation from CNN’s Brooke Baldwin: “He said his attackers hurled racial and homophobic slurs at him. This is America in 2019.

Oh, and if you had questions, much less doubts, the elites were poised to attack you.

And the media has really cast so much doubt on his story which I find so personally offensive that a gay black man is targeted and then suddenly he becomes the victim of people's disbelief,” said actress Sara Gilbert. “It is so outrageous to me.”

To the national media, Smollett's story was the perfect metaphor for the Trump era. It was also pretty clearly a total crock. Smollett's account began to fall apart within hours after a series of leaks from the obviously skeptical Chicago Police Department.

His handlers paired him with a network anchor they could rely on, with a 16-minute interview with Robin Roberts of "Good Morning, America." Roberts surely knew there was ample evidence that Smollett was lying, but she decided to ignore that. Instead, Roberts colluded with him.

She nodded empathetically as Smollett wept on camera. She asked no significant follow-up questions. The two parted like old friends. Both Smollett and Roberts turned out to be talented actors. Check out their performance on YouTube before it is scrubbed. You will never watch ABC News again. Virtually every word they utter is dishonest.

If I had said it was a Muslim or a Mexican or someone black, I feel like the doubters would have supported me a lot much more, a lot more, and that says a lot about the place that we are in our country right now,” Smollett told Roberts. “The fact that we have these fear mongers, these people that are trying to separate us and it is just not okay.”

Who is dividing us? And who exactly is the victim in all of this? While Smollett claims that he is the victim, he tells us that he represents the most despised and unfashionable groups in America, that is why bigots doubt his story. The rest of us nod as if this was true because we are required to do that. That is how dishonest our society has become. Everyone must lie all the time. We know the rules, we have no choice.

The fact is, the much-hyped epidemic of hate crimes we have heard so much about essentially is made up. The premise is absurd. America is not a hateful country, it is the most welcoming place on Earth that is why even as our children learn from their teachers what a bigoted country this is, millions continue to stream in from Africa and Latin America for a better life here.

So why does the left insist on inventing bigoted bogeymen waiting around every dark corner? Maybe because stoking race hatred ensures continued power for the Democratic Party. Divided populations are easier to manipulate and rule. There would be no Democratic coalition without racial animosity. It is what holds their constituencies together. That is the point of identity politics. It is why they are forever reopening the wound.

But the cost to the country has been high. Hate hoaxes make ethnic groups fear and distrust each other. That is a dangerous thing to do in a country that is becoming more diverse by the day.


I'm guessing that Jussie Smollett will get a speaking role at the 2020 Democratic Party's national convention, right before Dr. Christine Blasey-Ford (speaking in that little-girl voice of hers), and right after Colin Kaepernick urges the delegates to all kneel down with him during the national anthem.
 
We don't post entire articles here. If you have to post drivel, and it certainly appears that you do, try two paragraphs (fair use) and then a link to the rest.
 
We don't post entire articles here. If you have to post drivel, and it certainly appears that you do, try two paragraphs (fair use) and then a link to the rest.

LOL Drivel or no, fact is this actor LIED to the police and filed a false report to discredit Trump. That has been a common tactic among Liberals for the past 3 years. Liars, morons and criminals. That's what you people want running your country?
 
My I writes: "LOL Drivel or no, fact is this actor LIED to the police and filed a false report to discredit Trump. That has been a common tactic among Liberals for the past 3 years. Liars, morons and criminals. That's what you people want running your country?"

When Jussie first reported his lie to the police, EVERY Democratic Party candidate running for president (along with Speaker of the House Nancy Pelosi) immediately voiced their collective outrage (and support for him) in a flurry of angry tweets, as did the Hollywood entertainment community, treating him like a national hero.

Today, they're all notably SILENT - with Pelosi even taking down her earlier tweet of support!

Jussie played them all for gullible fools - and they know it! His hoax is the story of today's progressive identity-politics and how it elevates group-victimhood to the highest of virtues. Black Nigerians wearing red MAGA hats and shouting racist slogans may sound reasonable to Trump-hating lefties, but to most of the rest of this nation, it's just absurd.

But this isn’t just about Smollett’s need for attention. His hoax is only the latest of dozens of fake hate crimes alleged against Trump supporters in the past few weeks, and it's got an ideological root as well. It comes from the same playbook as the lies leveled last month against the now-famous students of Covington Catholic high school in Kentucky, where they also twisted the facts to meet their narrative.

In the case of the Covington students — white Christian males marching against abortion (and some wearing red Trump hats they had just purchased from D.C. vendors) — the assumption of their guilt was, naturally, automatic. The first questions about their conduct led to an immediate and national swarm of defamation, online bullying, including even violent threats made against them. And the defamation and bullying (which could happen to conservatives anywhere) continued even after all the facts were widely known and they had been exonerated.

And Jussie Smollett, being both black and gay (and clearly viewing himself as being a great deal cleverer than he actually is) expected people on the left to fully believe his implausible story without ever bothering to track down the facts. And they didn't disappoint him, either! The libs fell for his racist-ruse, hook, line, & sinker!
 
Conservative columnist Marc Thiessen made an excellent observation this week about how Democrats & their staunch allies in the media WANTED SO BADLY to believe the hoax created by Jussie Smollett because of their ongoing & irrational CONTEMPT for our president and for his supporters! He notes:

"There is a pattern here. First, it was the Covington kids that everyone jumped to believe because they were wearing MAGA hats they were some sort of racists and now they are suing some of the news organizations who falsely reported the story.

Then there was this rush to believe Jussie Smollett because he said he was attacked in Chicago by people yelling this is "This is MAGA country" because we all know that Chicago is MAGA country. You actually had Cory Booker and Kamala Harris both saying this was a modern day lynching. Speaker Pelosi called it an attack on humanity.

These people jumped to believe Smollett. And why was that? Because it exposes the fact that the political left in Washington has contempt not just for Donald Trump, but for Donald Trump's supporters. They assume that Donald Trump's supporters are racist even though 7 to 8 million Trump voters voted twice for Barack Obama."


The far left in America today continues to believe that millions of Americans who don't share their biases and political beliefs must be racists & bigots, and therefore deserve to be shunned, which is exactly what we're seeing here. It's like the late, great Charles Krauthammer once said:

"To understand the workings of American politics, you have to understand this fundamental law: Conservatives think liberals are stupid. Liberals think conservatives are evil."
 
CNN's chief media correspondent Brian Stelter wants to know WHY Jussie Smollett did what he did, actually commenting (with a straight face): "It’s hard to imagine why anyone would think of orchestrating something like this.” Stelter remains completely baffled. “You know, we saw a lot of politicians and Hollywood celebrities and activists rally around Jussie Smollett’s as soon as he made these accusations several weeks ago,” he remarked last Saturday night on his network program. “But why he might have made this up. It just boggles the mind.”

Stelter was just a toddler when black teenager Tawana Brawley made up a story about six white men raping her, smearing her with feces, scrawling “KKK” and “n****r” on her torso with charcoal, and leaving her in a trash bag. He has lived nearly his entire life in an era filled with hate-crime hoaxes. Surely he must remember the Duke-lacrosse gang-rape hoax of 2006, the University of Virginia gang-rape hoax of 2014, and the incident just after Trump’s 2016 election when a woman on the New York City subway claimed that drunken white men had ripped off her hijab. And it was only a month ago that a native-American man tried to portray himself as the victim of a hateful mob of Trump-backing Kentucky high-schoolers!

Columnist George Will has said of modern American college campuses: “When they make victimhood a coveted status that confers privileges, victims proliferate.” And when the media can be relied upon to create the same hysterics the way that campus administrators do, America effectively becomes one huge college campus.

If Brian Stelter had been paying any kind of attention he would have immediately noticed what Jussie Smollett gained with his phony staged-attack: NATIONWIDE ATTENTION - including outpourings of sympathy, heartfelt messages of support from leading presidential candidates, sincere encouragement from activist groups and high-ranking celebrities, along with wall-to-wall coverage on TMZ. He received a coveted interview segment on Good Morning America with Robin Roberts, and for two and a half weeks, the previously obscure actor was the most talked-about entertainment figure in America - and this during Oscar season.

CNN & Brian Stelter regularly respond to presidential comments about something being untrue by framing it with “Trump says,” “Trump claims,” or “Trump alleges” - are they not aware that they're ALSO allowed to do this when others say stuff that looks like it’s probably untrue? It would be good for their credibility (and good for the country) if they maintained the same kind of B.S. detector of any small-market newspaper’s metro-editor over actually seeing evidence before believing wildly implausible tales.
 
Well, it's official now. Jussie's been arrested and charged with orchestrating a hoax that Chicago police now say was done in the hopes of getting himself a raise.

The media were made to look like incompetent gullible fools, as were a host of declared Democratic Party 2020 presidential candidates - who all bought into Jussie's lies, hook, line, & sinker, and only because those lies fit in with an acceptable political narrative that the left was more-than-willing to perpetuate.

Some of the liberal actors & actresses on the television show "Empire" even wanted to keep Jussie in the cast, but the damage that he did to his own reputation was far too great, and the show has now officially dumped him. Perhaps there are still a few guilty-white-liberals in Hollywood will find him work on one of their shows? Time will tell.

Jussie's chances of getting a speaking role at the 2020 Democratic Party's national convention have probably ALSO been dashed, although that could change, as people forget what he did and liberals remember how much he tried to damage President Trump & his MAGA supporters, by attempting to portray them all as racist bigots. Democrats appreciate that kind of effort! Look at how much they continue to appreciate Dr. Christine Blasey-Ford!
 
If Jussie doesn't hang himself in prison, he'll never be heard from again when he gets out.
 
you actually THINK this shit is going to make the liberals loose popularity with their own voter base?

damn stupid if you think that. MOST of the liberal voting base, ONLY votes liberal because because they is on the government handout system. They sure as hell not going to vote against the hand that feeds them.

The rest of the liberal voting base votes for liberals because Illegals don't wanna be deported, and because the liberals have used the school system since 1945 to brain wash kids to vote for them.

Its true, EVERY single republican president in my school history books was put out as an evil criminal, while any liberal was a hero.

I cant remember who it was that said

you cant fool EVERYONE all of the time, but you CAN fool MOST of the people MOST of the time.

Liberal voters are the section that LIKE to get fooled all the time because they have been fooled since birth.
 
Well, it's official now. Jussie's been arrested and charged with orchestrating a hoax that Chicago police now say was done in the hopes of getting himself a raise.

The media were made to look like incompetent gullible fools, as were a host of declared Democratic Party 2020 presidential candidates - who all bought into Jussie's lies, hook, line, & sinker, and only because those lies fit in with an acceptable political narrative that the left was more-than-willing to perpetuate.

Some of the liberal actors & actresses on the television show "Empire" even wanted to keep Jussie in the cast, but the damage that he did to his own reputation was far too great, and the show has now officially dumped him. Perhaps there are still a few guilty-white-liberals in Hollywood will find him work on one of their shows? Time will tell.

Jussie's chances of getting a speaking role at the 2020 Democratic Party's national convention have probably ALSO been dashed, although that could change, as people forget what he did and liberals remember how much he tried to damage President Trump & his MAGA supporters, by attempting to portray them all as racist bigots. Democrats appreciate that kind of effort! Look at how much they continue to appreciate Dr. Christine Blasey-Ford!
Oh, being arrested and charged makes something official now?
 
He turned himself in and admitted it, dumbass.

Link, dumbass?

giphy-downsized-large.gif
 
Pocketshaver writes: "MOST of the liberal voting base, ONLY votes liberal because because they is on the government handout system. They sure as hell not going to vote against the hand that feeds them."

It's certainly true that the Democratic Party established its lock on the black vote with LBJ's 'Great Society' programs in the 1960's. But that was then and this is now. Modern young black men & women want MORE than government housing projects & a lifetime of food stamps! It's one of the reasons why today's Democratic Party leadership is terrified of losing the black vote! Trump is creating actual JOBS for young black Americans, something that President Obama NEVER did.

"Its true, EVERY single republican president in my school history books was put out as an evil criminal, while any liberal was a hero."

And right now congressional hate-mongers like Maxine Waters are continuing to perpetuate that absurd myth. But once again, modern black youth have grown-up hearing the exact same mantra, over & over, and they're no longer buying Maxine's proposed-solutions that have kept her own congressional district perpetually impoverished & crime-infested!

phrodeau writes: "Oh, being arrested and charged makes something official now?"

That's an excellent observation, phrodeau! All of those Democratic Party 2020 presidential candidates and their liberal Hollywood celebrity-backers who loudly proclaimed their support for Jussie Smollett have SINCE retreated into silence, and no longer seem to believe his story! WHY do you suppose that is?

My I writes: "He turned himself in and admitted it, dumbass."

IrezumiKiss & phrodeau continue to believe Jussie Smollett's story about a couple of black Nigerians wearing red MAGA hats screaming racial abuse at the actor before putting a noose around his neck! Those two are not like Nancy Pelosi & the liberal Hollywood establishment!
 
however every major event regarding race issues was settled by a republican.

that whole damn desegration of schools really was hated by dems.
 
Link, dumbass?

Ok. I was misinformed about HIS admission. But He DID turn himself in and his accomplices admitted to the crime. The Liberals, including the politicians who backed him (and no doubt helped fund him), his fellow liberal actors, and the slavering, rabid Liberal press, have all turned their backs on him. After such a HUGE outrage over this racist attack, they are suddenly silent.

But YOU still believe him, don't you, Phraudo? That's because YOU are the weakest link. Good-bye.
 
Ok. I was misinformed about HIS admission. But He DID turn himself in and his accomplices admitted to the crime. The Liberals, including the politicians who backed him (and no doubt helped fund him), his fellow liberal actors, and the slavering, rabid Liberal press, have all turned their backs on him. After such a HUGE outrage over this racist attack, they are suddenly silent.

But YOU still believe him, don't you, Phraudo? That's because YOU are the weakest link. Good-bye.
You don't suppose that homophobic racists can instigate an attack, and also make up a story that they were hired for a hoax in order to cover their own asses?
 
What kind of detergent did they use for your brainwashing? :rolleyes:

Possible? Yes. But not bloody likely. He's a fraud and a liar. He knows it, the cops know it. The Dems know it. The media knows it. Hell even Yellow dog knows it and he doesn't even know his name. You're the only one who DOESN'T know it.
 
someoneyouknow - Can you imagine what would have been said if a large group of prominent conservatives & Trump-supporters had been openly PRAISING that nutty Coast Guard officer, and calling him a "hero" immediately before we all discovered what he was planning to do?

Of course, that DIDN'T happen! NOBODY on the right ever supports that kind of violence, and conservatives everywhere applauded law enforcement for catching that nutball before he could pull-off any large-scale terrorist attack. Republicans tend to OPPOSE all kinds of criminal violence, and conservatives overwhelmingly support the police!

But are you aware of just how many prominent entertainment community figures came out in full-support of Jussie Smollett before the true facts were known regarding what actually happened? Are you aware of the declared candidates for the 2020 Democratic Party's presidential nomination who immediately rushed to believe Jussie's lies, even blaming Trump-supporters for a terrible racial incident that never actually happened?

If Jussie could have kept the lid on this thing for another week they might have even given him a standing ovation at last night's Academy Awards!
 
Here's an update on that Jussie Smollett case that Democratic Party presidential candidates and liberal Hollywood celebrities were excitedly hoping to use against President Trump and his supporters, until it was discovered to be a hoax:

The two Nigerian brothers who helped the former "Empire" star stage his fake homophobic and racist street assault in Chicago now say they have "tremendous regret" over being a part of Jussie's loathesome fabrication, understanding the impact it might have on future hate crimes.

Abimbola “Abel” Osundairo and Olabinjo “Ola” Osundairo released the following statement Friday through their attorney, Chicago lawyer Gloria Schmidt: “My clients have tremendous regret over their involvement in this situation, and they understand how it has impacted people across the nation, particularly minority communities and especially those who have been victims of hate crimes themselves.”

Smollett had originally told police that his attackers shouted racist and homophobic slurs at him during the assault, making reference to "MAGA" - which stands for President Trump's political slogan: Make America Great Again.

The Nigerian brothers were arrested on Feb. 15, detained and interrogated for nearly 48 hours, before finally telling police that Smollett had paid them to stage the attack. Police later released them without charges. It now appears very doubtful as to whether the Democratic Party will allow Jussie to deliver the keynote address at their 2020 national convention as a platform to attack President Trump.
 
Back
Top