Once, there was a Princess and a Merman....(Closed)

Apollo Wilde

Literotica Guru
Joined
May 13, 2003
Posts
3,068
The palace was a magnificent thing; full of ornately carved cream pillars, sand-colored marble floors, mosaics that depicted the richness of the sea. It sat atop a jet cliff that dipped its feet into white sand, and beyond that, turquoise waves that deepened into sapphire the further one looked out on the horizon.

This was the palace of King Sol and his wife, the Queen Sufi. They had ruled many years, and were known throughout the realm for the kindness of their spirits and the generosity of their nature. Hardly anyone went hungry in the sea side kingdom of Pos. Though it was an unfortunate fact of nature that there would always be the poor and downtrodden, somehow their fates were made easier in this little slip of a kingdom. But, truly, the pride and joy of the King and Queen was their daughter, the Princess Nausicaä. She had grown into quite the young woman of distention; learned, well-spoken, and charming to all of those who knew her. She had a spirit like a dolphin - fun loving, freedom loving, and compassionate. There were some that thought of the princess as being perhaps a little tomboyish, but the general assumption was that marriage would settle her down.

Whenever that was going to happen.

It was true; the good king and queen were beside themselves - their daughter would not marry. She preferred to study, or to spend all of her free time running through the surf, collecting shells, or generally sneaking out of the palace to mingle among the people. It was not hard to spot the Princess among them; with deep maple skin, large brown eyes with jet lashes, and her dark brown hair sun-bleached to warm copper, she stood out among the people.

And on this bright and sunny summer day, she’d snuck out of the palace again, escaping an eternal music lesson. A golden lyre was tucked under her dark arm as she made her way through the high sea grass that grew wild on the eastern side of the palace. She was going to one of her favorite spots; many times she’d watched the sun rise over the water, dappling its surface with pink and purple sparkles. Just past the waist high sea grass, she would be headed downhill. The way was nearly grown over; only her constant trek through it kept the grass flattened in a path for her. At the foot of the hill, the beach curved out among the rocks, with small tide pools that collected vibrant sea anemones and the start of bright coral reefs.

Sighing in relief as she made it to the edge of the grass, she leaned down, taking off one sandal and then another, running down to the nearest tide pool bare foot. She wore a sheer cream chiton, held at the shoulders with gold dolphin pins. On her bare arms, she wore heavy gold bangle bracelets that sounded musically as she moved. Though the fabric of her chiton was layered, it was sheer enough that her curves showed through. They were carefully carved and whittled by the morning (and, well, any time) swims that she indulged in. Thin gold necklaces hung about her neck, and her dark hair was pulled back into a thick bun. Going to the edge of the pool, still clumsily holding her lyre, the water licked at her feet, plastering her gown to her calves. Leaning over, the spray dampened the fabric against her chest, bringing out the points of her nipples and hinting at the dark areolas of her breasts.

Finally sitting down, she hoisted the lyre on her lap, and gave it a careful strum. Her shoulders and arms shone now, damp as she was from the spray. Picking a note, she cleared her throat and strummed the lyre again, before starting to sing. It was a silly practice, she knew, and her face burned from embarrassment. But her best friend, the Lady Circe, said that if she sang near a tide pool, she might have a visitation. And if she had one of those, well, then she could have anything that her heart wished for!

“O, come to me,
The Princess Nausicaä asks a favor of the Deep
My father is a king, my mother a queen
and I have nothing of my own to offer
Save my flesh and my heart -

O, come to me,
Sleepers of the Sea
Find in my warm flesh what you lack
And in my eyes what you may prize -

O-”

She cut herself off, shaking her head. “That Circe! I bet she told me that silly tale just to see if I would do it. And like a ninny, here I am!” She carelessly tossed the lyre back onto the sand, and hiked up her wet dress to her knees. She dipped her feet lower into the pool, and sighed. “If there were really such things as Sleepers of the Sea, they would’ve left here ages ago. There’s too many boats here.”

Leaning forward again, she idly drew a circle on the water’s surface. “No one’s seen one since my grandparent’s time, and that was ages ago, as we’re long-lived peoples. But still….” a sigh left her, “It would have been nice to have seen one…”
 
The folk of lands had come to the seas, to which Marius's father had banned all merfolk from making their way to the surface. Long ago, the mermaids of legend, the 'Sleepers of the sea' had laid upon rocks within the realms of the bright day's sky, basking in the brilliance of the air, sea and sky.

Yet as time had passed, it had become more and more dangerous. The wood of humans boats traveled the sea's, going from one land to another, and nets had been cast into the ocean, catching fish that they took for themselves. For Marius though, he had longed to see the surface. His older brother Ciel had told him many stories of the surface, his sister Anyana hadn't helped situations by telling of the same. Marius was young compared to them, the youngest brother, and truth be told the most handsome.

There were many mermaids who swooned for him, he had trained with the mermen, learning to fight, to be a warrior as it was required for his people, but he found himself going off on his own days on end. This was not the first time that he was watching the shore. The auburn haired human had come a few times... and at first, he had stolen but a few glances at her.

His vision beneath the sea was crystal clear, her toes and legs seeming so strange to him, but he was curious all the same. From the waist up, she seemed similar to a mermaid, but where their tails would begin, her legs split and she balanced so well. He had come closer a few times... and yet that day that she had snuck out, Marius had decided... he would show himself to her.

There was a large cluster of rocks which were about twenty yards from where she was, and though he would have come out straight away, he could hear a ship nearby... so he waited. Finally, as she was drawing the circle on the waters surface, it seemed to ripple from the distance.

Emerging from the water his dark hair covered his strong handsome angular facial features, but an adonis of a man climbed up onto the rock near to her. He attempted to speak, but from having spent all his time down in the ocean, his voice was not 'made' to speak her language.

He had learned enough to hold up a hand in a friendly manner... he had a dark string which held a necklace upon his neck... a colorful shell hanging there as he moved a hand and cleared away his haiur from his face. When he did, she could see his dark green eyes shone like emeralds, his jaw set strong, and from all the work he had done in the waters of the sea, he was so very handsome.

His tail remained beneath the water for now... but it swirled the water as he got more comfortable on the rock... his eyes turning to the sky as he took a full breath... his eyes squinting at the sun. The surface was... well it was so bright! He had to squint as he looked around, but for now her 'dream' had come true, a real live merman was on a rock so near to her and yet just out of reach for now!

Marius wasn't sure if this was a good idea, but the truth was that she intrigued him, and he refused to live scared beneath the water... he would 'be free' even if that was only a small jaunt to the surface to meet this 'princess'... he having heard that title used for her in his past viewings of her!

il_570xN.249302806.jpg
 
She’d continue to trace idle patterns along the surface of the water, watching the brilliant bursts of anemones sway in the unseen current. With a sigh, she moved to lay on her stomach on the rock, her reflection in the water sharpening as she got closer. It wasn’t entirely uncommon for her to while away hours in this little secret spot of hers – day or night, if she wanted time to herself, this was where she came.

The rocking of the waves a few feet away from her didn’t cause her to immediately start; she’d seen the ship in the distance. Propping her chin up on her hands, she squinted into the distance (a habit her nurse hated), trying to make out the definitive colors of the multicolored sails. If there was any speck of purple to be seen, it was going to be more visiting royalty. Normally, she’d look forward to the opportunity to meet any new people, but as of late, her father had been dropping not so discreet hints about wanting her to marry. Well, him and her twelve brothers. With being the youngest and the only girl, she was sheltered far more than her liking. Luckily enough, her mother did her best to intercede on her daughter’s behalf.

When the sound of the water continued, she looked over – and came face to face with the most handsome man she’d ever seen. Startled, she quickly sat up, doing her best to rearrange her skirts around her legs in a clumsy sense of modesty. Damp as they were, they proved to be transparent, and clung to her in a most revealing fashion. As a princess, she did not carry weapons – normally not a problem, because she was never supposed to go anywhere unattended. And now, with this strange man in front of her, she lamented the fact that the only “weapon” she had was on the sand, a good distance from where she was now.

Backing up, she tripped over her own skirts and fell into the water with a large splash. She got to her feet quickly enough, but the thorough soaking left her chiton completely translucent and plastered to her; she may as well not have been wearing anything at all. With a soft squeak of alarm, she quickly moved to cover her breasts and the dark triangle between her legs. Her once neatly braided hair had tumbled down, and hung down to her waist in a heavy rope. “W…Who are you? Why are you here?” Her voice trembled, though she tried to add an air of regal distain. Inside, she trembled; he could do anything to her…

And maybe, a little voice sounded, she wanted him to. Surely someone that beautiful had to be royalty – maybe from that ship? No, that was impossible; the ship was entirely too far away. And with as rocky as these pools were, to dock here was to risk sinking. In all of her time coming to this spot, she’d yet to see one ship attempt it, not even a small junk. Even as he held up his hand in that gesture, she trembled, afeared; she looked a sight! And he…well….Stopping in her desperate attempt to rearrange herself, she realized that he wasn’t looking at her in an untoward fashion. In fact, he hardly seemed to be looking at her at all, so busy was he arranging himself on the rock.

Timidly, she took one step forward, then another, careful to watch where her bare feet landed in the water. The rocks were sharp, and she’d cut herself more than once when she wasn’t paying attention. Her dress flowed in the water behind her, giving her a bit of weight. “I asked you a question…” her mind struggled to find the proper term to address him, as it wasn’t clear what his office might be, “Sir? Sire? Lord? Prince?” Prince seemed to fit. He looked like one. And not like the ones she’d met from time to time, but a real prince, the ones she’d read about in her history books and story books. “I’m the…” she paused, thinking twice, “I’m the Lady Nadia,” she finally said. If he was one of her citizens, he’d know she was lying. And if he was a stranger, it wouldn’t make a difference. She knew her clothing and jewels would give her away as someone of high standing, but maybe not quite a princess. “Who are you, and how did you come to be here?”
 
Marius didn't understand a single thing she said, nor did he really seem to be preoccupied with the fact that after her fall she may as well have been naked beneath her strange dress. After all beneath the sea no one wore the things he would come to learn as clothing. Such a concept was as foreign as the fact that she panicked over his appearance.

When she did fall however he seemed rather concerned, though he did not move towards her as she seemed frightened of him to begin with, he doubted that any act of going to help her would be welcomed. Instead, he seemed to move onto the rock as a stedying point, after all the current pulled and pushed at him so he decided that he would use the rock to make his life easier.

Of course there were underwater currents as well, but not quite the same as this, and even as she seemed to notice that he hadn't made any forwards motions... her curiosity seemed to have gotten the better of him. There was not one inch of fat upon him, pure rippling muscle seemed to strike her with his handsome features, and even as she carefully made her way closer, he motioned to the sharper rocks, motioning her away from them.

He knew every rock beneath the waves, and clearly did not wish her harm. Everything she was saying was gibberish to him, but even as she spoke out, only the final part seemed to make any form of sense to him... a name. After all beneath the waves, the merfolk had names as well, and so he seemed to brighten when he recognized that.

Taking his hand and placing it against his chest, he looked to her. " Marius." It held no regal title, no sense of importance, but even as he motioned to her, he spoke. " Nadia?" It was clear whoever he was, he was not from around here. Yet he frowned slightly and flicked his tail beneath the waves in annoyance. The language she spoke... it was not the same as his. The names he made out, but beneath the sea they used sounds more than words, so it wasn't nearly the same.

His tails flicking caused the water to churn, a first indication that he may not be fully what she thought. Turning to the rock, he was growing annoyed over the currents constant pull, and so giving a heave, he pulled himself up onto the rock to sit. His tails bottom seated itself upon the rock easily, he perching with quite a show of agility, but his tail was a dark handsome shimmering green, the scales starting at his pubic bone area, and going down it was clear her 'call' had been answered.

O, come to me,
Sleepers of the Sea
Find in my warm flesh what you lack
And in my eyes what you may prize


He looked to her, but motioned to his mouth. " Sound..." He had been called by her song, and though it hadn't made sense, the merman had been curious enough about it to show himself to her! He looked around though sharply, as though worried that hunters would come to capture him... the tales that had been spun about the surface world were frightening, but so far, he didn't see anything too terrible!
 
Slowly, she made her way closer to him, her feet moving of their own accord. Every bit of logic in her mind was screaming at her to hold back. There was just something about his face, the sheer impact of his masculine beauty that she was drawn to him, folly though it may be. She was maybe about six inches away from him when he looked at her, and she stopped. Droplets of water were caught in his eyelashes, in the dark hair that fell across his forehead, his lips. Before she could stop herself, she reached forward to brush them from his lips –

And her hand stopped as he put his hand on his chest, made a series of trills that reminded her of dolphins at play. And then he gestured to her, the same sort of sound coming from him, just…marginally different. “You….you’re really not from around here, are you…” Her voice trailed off to a startled gasp as he fully pulled himself out of the water, showing his luminescent tail. Her hands flew to her mouth, and tears started in her eyes. His full form was beyond beautiful, beyond anything that she had words or had seen before. Her tears spilled over her cheeks, and she hastily tried to wipe them away.

“Sea Sleepers” were what they were called in this kingdom; the name having murky origins in how rare it was to see merfolk. The legend that Circe had passed onto her said that if one had a pure voice, you’d be able to entrance one to come to shore. And if they liked your song, they’d offer you a boon from the sea. To see one from a distance was considered one of the luckiest omens, but to actually lure one to you was unheard of. And now, here he was…and she felt light-headed. But she mustn’t faint! If she did, she’d surely awake to find him gone.

What was she to do now? She couldn’t very well bow. And now she’d made the terrible mistake of telling him the wrong name! As if remembering herself, she turned from him and dashed back to the shore, stumbling once or twice over the bulk of her wet chiton. Back on the sand, she hurriedly unfastened the gold pins from her chiton, peeling herself out of the wet garment. With some thought, she spread it to dry on the shore, and then picked up her lyre. She started to run back to him, stopped, took a deep breath to collect herself, and forced herself to slow from the eager run to a speedy walk. Gingerly climbing back into the tide pool, a flush stained her dark cheeks. From what Circe told her, merfolk had no stake in human affairs, and simply did not see things the same way. And, the song said, for her boon, she had to reward him with something. “Warm flesh,” as it were – the common belief was that merfolk had cold skin from being in the depths of the sea and greatly treasured things that were warm. Besides…it wasn’t that he looked at her at any point untoward. Still….he was the first man she’d been naked in front of, and it was hard not to feel self-conscious about her exposed breasts or the dark tangle of hair between her legs. And his features did something to her…the bright green of his eyes, the alien nature of it…She blushed deeper, realizing that she was thinking about very un-lady like things.

Luckily, the spot he’d chosen to reveal himself from had more of a sandy shore, save for the rock that he was now perched on. Sitting next to the rock, with the surf lapping at her bare feet, she thoughtfully strummed her lyre before picking up the tune of a new song. He seemed to recognize music, or at least liked it. “Thank you for greeting me, Prince of the Seas…” Her full lower lip poked out. It sounded so formal. But she had to address him like that, or else risk his ire. The stories also said that an angry mermaid or merman would tell the King of the Seas about being mistreated, and that would mean storms, floods – all of the fury that the sea could summon. “Please forgive me for my earlier misdirection, I am the Princess Nausicaä, of the kingdom of Okeanos. I…was unsure of who you were….” All was sung, rather than spoken, along with the melodic strumming of her lyre. As much as she tried to focus on her music, all she wanted to do was to fling aside her lyre and to touch him, to have him touch her...That was part of the magic, Circe had told her (and how Circe had come to know so much was a mystery) – the merfolk were irresistible to humans. But if she tried to rush anything, he could drag her off and drown her. Mermaids did that to sailors regularly. “Be careful if you see one,” Circe had said, “You will love him at first sight.”

Her fingers stilled on the lyre’s strings, and she looked up at him longingly. A fire burned in her belly, quickly coursing down lower, below her navel, to curl and lap at the swell of her sex.
 
Marius had no idea what she was saying, and the truth of that was rather annoying to him! After all he prided himself on being able to present himself in a polite manner, and even as she moved forwards, he noticed how she paused, respecting the distance between them. That was a smart idea, for as she had crested that closeness, Marius's head had snapped back to look directly at her, seeming to warn her not to come closer.

Within those green eyes seemed to swirl a maelstrom of colors, mystical and yet enchanting in it's own natural way. He held no true 'magic', he simply was who he was. Mermen of legends were well known as the warriors of the sea, the 'sleepers' of the sea were but a legend, though told throughout all the world in varying forms. After all the sea touched every part of the world.

Even as she spoke, to him the sounds she made made sense, but the words held no meaning to him. As her voice trailed off though he noticed that she had noticed that he had pulled himself up and seated himself. The luminescent tail shimmered so handsomely, there certainly was a beauty to him that was beyond that of a human man, and even as she 'leaked' he looked curiously to her, not knowing what that meant.

As she turned and darted away, he waved after her. " Hey!" His voice made those sounds again, he seemed worried that she was leaving, and he was. She had called to him, there was no doubt of that in his mind. The song had called beyond the waves, and Marius over time had been drawn to it. This was not the first time he had listened to the music of the land, she had played here before.

Even as peeled off her garments though, he seemed to look curiously to the Lyre, wondering if that had been what had made the music in the past. As she approached again though he noticed she seemed darker in the face than before, blushing was something different to him... but he could see that she was shy about her appearance. Why? her body is beautiful, although what she stands on is so strange. He thought to himself, namely her legs was what he referred to as she approached.

As she moved near to the rock, he allowed it, although his tail remained where it was, the tip dipped within the water, and even as she sang to him, the words still made no sense to Marius, but the tone, the inflections, the sounds... those things did make sense. From what he gathered, she seemed to be praising him... and even as she tried her very best to focus on the music, Marius was more curious about her than about the sounds she made, mostly because he didn't understand them.

As her fingers seemed to still, he reached out. It wasn't a fast motion, nor did it hold the same fear of reprisal that other men held towards her. He didn't understand that she was a princess, he only saw a beautiful woman. His fingers finally touched her cheek, and like she thought he was cooler to the touch. He wasn't cold as ice, but there was certainly a very good difference in temperatures between them.

Mermaids long ago had laid upon rocks soaking up the suns rays, in the days before the boats came and went, in the time before the ban of going to the surface. Marius knew he could not remain here forever, lest he be missed and people begin to look for him, but for now, his fingers grazed over her cheek as those dark green eyes seemed to study her.

His fingers played over her cheek to her lips... tracing the fullness of them, he wasn't being rude, he was simply exploring. After all she was a brand new being to him, and besides, that warm flesh certainly was a gift to him, the sensation was quite divine, and he soon slid his full palm over the side of her neck, feeling her warm flesh, enjoying the shudders he would cause from the touch as he looked into her eyes, not once being rude in ogling her openly displayed breasts, not once rushing anything.

She may not have experience with this, but it was clear he was as new to this as she was!
 
The chill feeling of his fingers against her cheek caused a barely perceptible shiver in her. Partially fear, partially something that she didn’t quite have the word for, but what stirred the flicker in her stomach into a wild flame. Despite their chill, his fingers were still very much human; vaguely familiar. This close to him, she could smell the fresh salt of the sea that his body exuded.

Her breath caught in her throat as his hand moved from her cheek to her lips. Against the warm throb of her pulse, his chill was more pronounced. None of the icy cold that she had been told of, but cool enough for her to give a small start. There was nothing threatening that she felt in his touch, but she was still scared; what if she did something to displease him? Though she didn’t know the strength that his lower half possessed, his human half was powerful; he didn’t look too dissimilar from the warriors she’d happened to see from time to time around the palace. Surely, without the use of his tail, he could kill her.

She slowly exhaled when his hand went down the side of her neck, still frozen in place. It was clear that they could not speak the same language; she had no idea of where she could even start to imitate the musical trills that came from him. Why was he doing this now? There was nothing lewd in his touch….but of course there wouldn’t be. Why would she present any sort of sexual interest to him? From her knowledge of such things, he would appear to be missing the…appropriate equipment. Just the thought of it made her blush deeper, and she tore her gaze away from his.

She’d take the brief opportunity to stand now. She was now face to face with him - although he was still sitting a bit higher than her, thanks to his perch on the rock. Swallowing her fears, she reached out as well, her fingers gently alighting on his pectoral before curling back, almost as if he’d burned her. Was that too forward? Would he be angry? Would he….could he…welcome more touches from her?
 
In contrast, the warmth of the woman's flesh surprised Marius. He had lived most of his life beneath the sea, and even though his brother and sister had told him tales of the surface and it's warmth, it was quite another to actually be out in it, to feel someone from the lands flesh. gift of the flesh was quite apt in this, as to Marius, the warm feeling of her skin WAS a gift in his eyes.

As she gave a slight start to the touch of his finger to her lips, he gave her a curious look. 'up close and personal' it certainly was clear that if he wished to, he could crush her, kill her, drag her into the depths and drown her, and yet all those silent hidden worries were fruitless, after all he looked just as curious as she.

After all with all the passing of time, he could feel how her warm body seemed to 'like' his touch, he was of course in his own way saying Hi, I mean you no harm. He had swiftly figured out that their language was so foreign to one another's that there was no way to communicate right now with that form of language, but luckily, there was body language. The power of a look, a touch could disarm those fears of hers, letting her see that he wasn't meaning to hurt her.

As she moved and stood, his hand did not pull his hand away in fear. His fingers had traced to the point where her neck met her shoulder, and even as she reached out, he watched with great interest as she touched his chest, and yet as she pulled her hand back in such a way, faster than her eye could follow, his hand had snapped out, catching hers. Yet just as swiftly as the eel, his touch was gentle, letting her know that he wasn't angry with her.

Instead, he guided her hand back to his chest and settled it there. He looked to her and nodded, letting her know it was all right. He kept her hand where it was, his eyes looking deeply into hers as he slowly moved his hand from hers, letting her know that it was all right. He certainly seemed to be looking at her with an approving and welcoming expression, his hand moved up her arm, feeling the soft flawless skin.

Exploring her was certainly exciting to Marius, but for now he kept it on her arm. He was feeling good with her hand on him, and beneath her fingers she could feel rippling masculine strength, and yet he showed such grace as well, it was a certainly enticing combination!
 
When she was able to look at him, look within those deep, shifting eyes, she found herself entranced. His eyes seemed to be all colors of the ocean all at once - the lush green of the lagoons, the deep blue of the sea at the far off horizon, the sea-foam light blue of the shallows. It was less of looking into his eyes and more of becoming utterly lost within them - only shocked back to reality when his hand caught her own, pressed it back to his chest.

His fingers were strong, as chill as his pectorals. Surprisingly bold, she ran her hand slowly across the broad expanse of his chest, tracing the lines of his body. Truly, from the waist up, he seemed like any other man…her fingers brushed across his nipples, lingering longer than what would have been considered proper for any lady, let alone a princess. His were so different from her own; smaller, and somehow, seemed more delicate, more vulnerable. Realizing that she had lingered entirely too long on his chest, she snatched her hand away, only for it to curl before her mouth as she blushed again, looking down. “I’m so sorry; that was improper of me…”

She was unsure now if she should keep touching him; her touch had veered into what could have easily been called erotic, enticing. His hand stayed on his arm - perhaps, if the stories were correct, everything above her waist were things he’d seen before? It would, realistically, make sense. She’d heard that mermaids went bare breasted, and those from the Southern regions apparently had breasts so beautiful they could bring a man to tears. So, surely, how could she even humor that he may see something more in her, than just something….interesting? For she had caught the intrigued look in his eye, the way he seemed to be measuring her by teaspoons, trying to figure out not so much as who she was, but “what” she was.

She couldn’t let her heart grow sorrowful. She had managed to call a sea-sleeper to her, and that alone meant that she would live a life with luck. Not only that, he was touching her - surely that had to mean great fortune ahead?
 
What she considered inappropriate, Marius considered as completely fine. After all when new Merfolk met one another, it was completely acceptable to touch one another in greeting. He had noticed she was entranced by his eyes, and the sounds he made when he 'spoke' certainly seemed to ring delightfully within her ears.

Even as he 'guided' her hand to his chest, he didn't seem to mind her touch at all, a soft shudder running through him when he felt her fingers stray over the small nipples upon his chest. Much like her own body when she was touched 'correctly' though the small nubs of flesh did harden though they didn't press out really, instead he simply groaned, a soft universal sound of enjoyment... that was before she pulled her hand away looking stricken.

Marius was utterly confused by this... up until that moment they seemed to be enjoying the moment... and really she seemed to think herself completely unworthy of his time. If that were so however, why then had he chosen to show himself to her? As he 'measured' her though he finally seemed to come to a decision for himself. Even as she held herself there so poised and nervous, again his hand snapped out, capturing hold of her wrist.

This time however his other hand moved and catching the nape of her neck he pulled her closer, his eyes looking imploringly to her. Marius did not give her much time to consider what he 'planned' however, instead he pressed his lips firmly to hers, sealing her into a deep and passionate kiss.

It was a sure fire way of letting her know he had decided that she was worth his time, and really, a kiss didn't 'mean' much in the grand scheme of things. He had already picked up that she was nervous, so he 'guided her' into more, his lips cool and yet after a moment warming to her own, he was persistent, and unwilling to 'release her'.

He didn't yank her down into the sea, he didn't attack her. Marius seemed very interested instead in Letting her know that he was very interested in her, and wasn't going to stop at a mere touch! Besides, he still had no clue that she was a princess, so to him, this was completely all right!

That, coupled with the fact that he wanted to feel those plush lips touch to his own had spurred him enough to take the next move, and it was clear that the merman was 'used' to taking what he wanted!
 
She thought that, perhaps in her newly love-stricken state, she had merely imagined that shudder of his. It was the faintest tremble through the carved muscles of his chest, one that was nearly lost under the feeling of his nipples hardening under her fingertips. Perhaps he was cold; her own nipples reacted much the same way in the chill of the air after a bath or a swim. Such as now; though the day was balmy, her nipples stood erect, firm deep brown colored nubs of flesh, stark against the smooth warm maple-colored skin.

Brought out of her embarrassed apology by his hand on her wrist, she could only gape at him in the few moments she had before his lips collided against hers. She was shocked still; stiffened in his arms before, tentatively, her hands slipped between the two of their bodies, and nestled against his chest. There was no fight in her; she was as pliant as a reed. Indeed, despite her earlier hesitations about her state of undress, she pressed herself firmly against him, her head tilted gracefully upwards to return his kiss.

The tales didn’t cover this part.

Though, try as she might to “logic” her way through what was happening, she didn’t. Lost in the sensation of his skin, now deliciously cool against the warmth of her body, she let out a sighing moan of her own. It was the only sound she could make against his mouth - the only sound that could remotely convey what he was doing to the rest of her. Her nipples brushed against his chest, and she let out a tiny cry, shocked at the sensation. There was no protest at how forceful he was; so completely enthralled by him was she. In fact, through the haze that clouded her mind, she realized that she enjoyed it...
 
Oh there was no mistaking the shudder that ran through him, and even as he did tremble slightly with the delightful sensations that her fingers created, his eyes noticed that her own nipples jutted out from her flesh, announcing to the world that they were hard. As she had tried to apologize, it seemed certainly that Marius was having none of that at all.

As she 'gaped' at him, he pulled her firmly to him, growling ever so slightly against her lips. After all he was frustrated not with her, but with the fact that he could not communicate properly with her. It seemed he was 'communicating' with his actions just fine, letting her know that he did not find her repulsive or strange, in fact Marius thought she was rather stunning! As she was pliant about it though he smirked, and even as her hand pressed to his broad expanse of a chest, She could feel his other hand reach out and wrap itself around her small waist, pulling her even more flush.

Hearing that tiny cry as her hard nipples brushed the muscular chest of the merman, Marius used the opportunity presented by the cry and though he hadn't done much with women, he seemed to be an expert at kissing especially as he smoothly pressed his tongue into her mouth, coaxing hers to 'play' as he groaned. The soft sound reverberated against her lips, and even as he held onto her he could feel how she submitted to the sensations he was 'giving' to her.

By pulling her forwards, Marius 'forced' her nude form firmly against him, his tail moving slightly and instinctively sliding it between her legs he pulled her right up into him so that she was forced to 'straddle' his tail as he dueled with her tongue for supremacy, all the while not truly 'letting her up for air', he was 'drowning her' but not within the deep depths of the sea, but rather within her own passions.

The hand on her back moved up and over her hair, feeling those locks as he growled again, this time in heated desire, she feeling how the longer he remained upon the surface beneath the sun, the warmer her became. His tail's tip remained in the water as he needed to stay partially there to stay alive.
 
Her body was ablaze like she’d never felt it before. From one moment she’d gone from idly strumming her lyre, playing at a childish game, to this – locked in the arms of a merman, completely nude. In the back of her head, the voice of reason politely (albeit quietly, and seemed to go quieter with each passing moment) that if she were to be caught like this, the consequences would be extreme. Not the fact that she was nude – though her people were much more modest than the merfolk- but the fact that she was very wantonly kissing a strange man, merman or not, and her station simply didn’t allow for those sorts of dalliances. At least, not to be caught at such things.

Still, when his tongue met hers, forcing her into a deeper kiss, the soft cry she’d uttered before turned into a deep sigh of intense longing and newfound pleasure. Yes, what he was doing was lovely, utterly beyond that, incredible, but that fire in her belly that kept moving lower wanted more. And she would willingly straddle him as he pulled her closer, shifting her body so that her arms went from his chest to around his neck. The feel of his tail beneath her, cool, slick, powerful – it rubbed against the dark curls of her mons. Slick enough that he slid against her labia lips, she finally had to break away with a shuddering cry as the cold tail pressed against a spot she, until that moment, didn’t know she had possessed. It sent a wild fire of pleasure through her body, and she visibly shivered, her eyes hooded over with passion.

Her arms still about his neck, she used the little space between them now to catch her breath. Was this happening? Was she honestly this close to being ravaged by a Sea-Sleeper? Why had the stories never told her this much, or how good it could feel? She pressed her forehead against his, the tip of her nose brushing against his. This close, he exuded the salt smell of the sea, of dark underwater caverns and the warmth of water-washed sands. “I…”

She felt as if she needed to say something, do something. But words failed her; it was clear that they could not understand each other. His speech was as musical as a pod of dolphins, a flock of sea birds. Shifting in his arms, she gave a small shudder as his tail rubbed against that part of her again, and, slowly, she parted her legs further atop him, the motion brazen for such a (formerly!) modest young woman. With the motion, she arched her back, pressing her breasts into his chest, still never letting her forehead leave its contact with his.
 
He noticed how the red flush seemed to spread over her entire upper chest, a sign that he took to mean that she was liking what he was doing. Even as she idly considered the consequences for what dalliances she was getting into, Marius groaned right back as she softly sighed, their kiss growing more and more intense with each passing moment.

Luckily for her, not many knew of this area, it was after all the spot that she frequently came to in order TO escape the trials and tribulations of life. If this spot were known about, such a feat of solitude and serenity would have been impossible. Even as she willingly moved and straddled him, the smooth soft scales of his tail rubbed right up against the outer lips of her feminine slit, and even as she broke the kiss to throw out a cry of shuddering pleasure, he didn't really know what he was doing.

After all he had only pulled her close for a kiss. Marius had no idea such an act would bring her such intense pleasure! As she wrapped her arms around his neck though he looked to her, and even as she shuddered, he noticed a fire within her eyes which seemed to tell him she liked being where she was.

As she touched her forehead to his, his hand moved from her neck to the seashell upon his neck. It had long been a way for the merfolk to speak with any form of life. Granted, until this point he had only ever tried to use it to speak with the creatures of the sea, but she was a being of the earth, so he was relatively sure it would work as well. Touching the shell, he traced the lines of it before she could see a very faint glow coming from it.

The golden hue seemed to move from the shell to his neck, before he tried again. " I am Marius." The words rang through from HIS end as the sounds he had made before, and yet to HER ears and senses, the words would come through in common, allowing her to understand him. " Can you understand what I say?" He had no idea if it would work.

As he spoke though his tail shifted, unintentionally pressing up against her slit even more firmly as he 'humped' towards her, pressing his tail there and even as she arched her back and rubbed her large lovely breasts against his chest, Marius groaned, the sound coming through clear as day.

After all there HAD to be a way to communicate to other beings, no two species spoke alike. The language of the shark was different than the eel, the sounds of a whale were much different as well. The merfolk had created the amulets for their generals, in order to communicate with the life of the sea. Without the power of the sea however such magic would only last for a minute, two at most, it would be enough to make introductions between them at the very least!
 
There was no sound down in that little nook, save for the waves crashing against the rocks. Only on their level, there was the added music of their combined moans, and for her, the rush of blood in her ears. It wasn’t that it was particularly hard to get to the nook; in fact, people knew “where” to find her, should she wander off too far, but that it was long considered a “sacred” spot – she wasn’t the first princess to find it a safe haven, and she would not be the last.

Even as heated as she was, the differences between the two of them would slip through that veil of lust and leave her astounded. Although she was mounted atop him, his tail did not grow any warmer – it stayed cool beneath her, delicious to the heat that she felt could surely burn pouring from her. And, if she was going to be honest with herself, the slickness on his tail was not all entirely the fault of the water around them. As reason slowly filtered back to her, her face burned all the redder, deepening her dark skin further. She felt as if she could die – surely he must think poorly of her. A second little voice chimed in her head – surely not all that poorly, princess, for he did kiss YOU. You merely responded in turn to what he asked.

And indeed, she had – and had done so with more alacrity than she would have given herself credit for. Kissing him felt like something she never knew she wanted, but had always needed. She wanted to have him near her, always, to always feel like this – no, she wanted more than that. She wanted to inch ever closer to the edge of that cliff that he put her body on, and subtly, in his arms, she began to rock her hips back and forth on his tail, teasing the spot between her legs, heightening the sensation that her nipples picked up on.

Only when his hand moved, she stopped the slow rock of her hips, flushing again. What was wrong with her? She’d go from having a somewhat clear head to some sort of ravening wanton, craving more of his touch then what he was offering her. For the first time in her short life, she felt the breath of the beast named Lust firmly on the back of her neck, realized that she was helplessly trapped in its claws – felt her mind continually slip further and further towards throwing all caution to the wind and seeing what his strange body could pull from hers.

Letting one hand slip from his neck, she ran it down his chest again, to the dip in his stomach, to the small bowl of his navel, her eyes sharing in that interested, curious expression that he’d worn – except hers had the not-so small flame of desire added. When he spoke, she wasn’t sure that she could trust her ears – let alone her own tongue to move and make a proper introduction, not when her curiosity was stoked beyond what they’d done so far. She wanted to feel him now – see what she could make him feel. But….the second spoken line from him snapped her back to reality, and that lust was chased out of her eyes, replaced with the shock of understanding.

“I….I am the Princess Nausicaä....” She had no idea what to say next, though that beast, that Lust, roared suggestions at her, all varying degrees of being taken. If there were no parts of the fairy tales that she’d heard that dealt with this sort of thing, then perhaps that meant she was to create her own…Her hand still rested on his stomach, before moving lower to explore the ridge of his body where the human met the extraordinary power of his tail.
 
Last edited:
He did keep his eyes open and aware just in case... it wasn't as though he knew of any of the land-goers customs as it was, and even as she had come down to the spot, so long as she returned before the sun set it was well known that no one would come looking for her.

Even as she was clearly 'heated' though he noticed how despite her attempts to maintain modesty, she was pressing herself up against him, rubbing her hard nipple against him, and even as he enjoyed the motions, he was curious how she 'worked'. After all mermaids and mermen worked slightly different than anything else!

His tails tip remained dipped into the lapping water, and even as he noticed the storm of thoughts within her eyes, they meant nothing compared to her actions.

As she stopped the rocking of her hips, he was working to do his best to communicate, and even as she ran her hand over his torso down to his navel, he chuckled ever so slightly, she finding that he was slightly ticklish there, his breath sucking in as his muscular belly rippled with sensitivity there.

As she announced herself and who she was, he gasped, though he nodded. " General Marius of the Merfolk." He introduced gently, though even as her hand moved a bit lower and explored the melding of man and fish, Marius shivered but looked to her innocently. " Slide your fingers lower, you will find a crease, press on it."

As she followed his instructions, about four inches below the meridian line of his body and fully onto the smoothness of his scales, just as he had said she would find a crease. As she pressed onto it though Marius groaned slightly before a very manlike cock instinctively pressed out from the slit, 'springing' into the air as he looked to her.

" That was what you were..." He was about to tell her that it was what she had been looking for when the magic ran out and his words dissolved back into those sounds again. He growled in annoyance though... his anger showing in his face though it wasn't directed at her in any way, instead he was frustrated that he could not communicate properly with her!

The 'cock' which had pressed out was a good seven inches long and jutted outwards, though he shuddered at the exposing of it. it was smooth and hard, though Marius looked curiously to her. He was sure that was what she had been looking for, and yet he was still confused as to how he might have more of her.

There WAS one person who would know... but he loathed to visit her. For now he 'went' with the flow, wondering what might happen between them. Beyond light touches and kissing, Marius was as innocent as anyone else!
 
So amused was she by the admittance that he was ticklish that she nearly missed his introduction again - his name and his title. A general! She was tempted to pull away just right then and there - that was definitely the most improper. It would be one thing to be with someone of her own station, but a general? And all that she had heard prior about the merfolk was that they were largely peaceful; why would a general be needed?

But before she could withdraw, he moved her hand lower to his slit, and her curiosity got the better of her. What did titles mean, anyway? The slit was a smooth dip in his tail, not unlike the groove of the small of her back, she thought, as she gently ran a finger up and down it. With each pass of her finger, she pressed just a little harder, until his phallus sprang free. Startled, she nearly fell out of his arms. She had never seen an erect penis - and his, like the rest of him, was beautiful. It seemed…pinker than the flesh of his arms, more tender, more vulnerable, and her hand stilled right above it, pressing softly into the top of that slit. The flesh here was softer, smoother, and just the slightest bit warmer than the rest of him.

Was this normal for him, or was it a sign of arousal, like she’d heard of for other men? And besides, maybe she wasn’t looking for it! Maybe she wanted to feel more of what his tail felt like; to see how he moved through the waves. And, indeed, rather than focusing on his penis, her hands moved lower to feel the coolness of the tail under his cock. However, that didn’t last long before her hands strayed closer….and then, she suddenly put distance between the two of them. She got off of his tail, and moved a few inches away from him on the rock. Once she had put some space between the two of them, her face darkening…she lay half supine, her legs towards him.

And slowly spread them, looking away, biting her lower lip. She let her right hand slip between her legs, gently spreading her labia lips to show him the deep pink of her sex. Compared to the darkness of her skin, the pink seemed deeper, richer - almost unreal. A small shiver passed through her; she’d never touched herself so intimately, let alone in front of a complete stranger. Although perhaps she couldn’t really call him a “stranger” now - she knew his name. Marius. And that was the name she softly spoke, as she spread herself before his eyes, still looking away.

Truly, who knows how far she would have gone, if not for the distant voice calling her name. Even above the crash of the waves, she could hear it. As if waking from a dream, the lustful haze seeped from her eyes as she sat up, alert. Again, her name was called, drifting slightly closer now. That’s right - she had left in the middle of a lesson, and boundless someone would be looking for her.

Leaping from the rock, she hurried to get dressed. Her mussed hair and salt-stiff chiton could easily be explained by a impromptu swim. The blush on her cheeks and her heaving chest, however, could not be. With hardly a second glance back, she gathered her lyre under her arm and clumsily tied on her sandals, step by hopping step. “Farewell, Marius!” she cried, as she ran towards the calling voice. The further she got up the shore, the more she felt like she was awakening from a dream. Surely none of that had actually happened? It had been some trick of the light…and how silly was she to be so carried away like that? And to fall in love on first sight with some general that she knew nothing of, and she was sure he knew nothing of her. Some sort of enchantment, it had to be!
__________

When she returned back to the palace, Circe clucked her tongue at her disheveled state.

Circe was Nausicaa’s lady-in-waiting, advisor to the Queen, and scores of other things. Though it was said that Circe was an old woman who had seen scores of years, she appeared to be in her late forties, with shining thick black hair and deep green eyes. She was olive-complected, with the faintest laugh lines around her eyes. She had a strikingly, inhumanly hourglass figure, and liked to wear beautiful corsets and dresses with plunging necklines to show off her flawless décolletage.

Though she looked severe, there was no one in the palace that she doted more on than Nausicaa - it had been she who told Nausicaa of all of the stories of the sea folk that she knew, knowing that the girl had an insatiable desire for them. Once, she recalled, with a wan smile, the princess had demanded that she was never going to marry a prince, but was going to marry a merman and have a beautiful pearl palace under the sea with amber windows. The imaginations of children!

It seemed hard for Circe to reconcile that girl with the young woman in front of her now, her hair a mess and the straps of her chiton falling down. Reaching forward, she straightened out the princess’s dress….and paused, leaning closer. She smelled something on the girl - more than the sea, more than…She pulled back, and looked at her eyes.

“Go on, child - go to the bath. Your mother was looking for you.”

Still caught up in the embarrassment of nearly going too far with a stranger, Nausicaa gave no sign of fight, and went down to her room, trying her best to keep her pace slow and sedate, as if she had nothing to hide. Watching her walk down the hall way, Circe crossed her arms, her dark red lips pulling downwards.

“That girl’s lovestruck by a Sea Sleeper.” And without further word, she swept down the hallway in the opposite direction, leaving a trail of heady perfume behind her. This would take careful planning - she would have to see the Sea-Sleeper herself, surmise what kind of man he was. See what he wanted. They didn’t just…appear. And it had been over 50 years, no, perhaps longer, since the last time a Sea-Sleeper was even heard of in the region, let alone actually seen. Long enough for them to become the subjects of charming children’s tales.
 
To be fair, Marius had not actually 'told' her that he was ticklish, it simply happened, a physical reaction to her touch upon the crevice of his navel. She knew nothing of his people, nothing of his world, and yet to be truthful, he knew nothing of hers as well. After all he had collected a few things over the years from different ships sinkings, keeping them within his home deep within the realms of the ocean. He knew not what the strange things were, to him, such things did not make sense, but her, being there in his arms... well strangely enough to Marius, that made sense.

As she gasped so sharply and stilled in her touch, his eyes were upon hers, swirling, promising in their own way. She could claim enchantment, but there was no magical seduction happening. Instead there was only basic primal desire. He did not intend to insult her in any way, nor did he want her to think that he was trying to take advantage of her, but truly with how she had pressed herself against him, how she rubbed herself and seemed to enjoy the touch he believed the feeling of desire was mutual.

With no true way to communicate that though he noticed her press herself away, and yet he didn't feel that she was leaving him. As she moved herself off his tail though his cock remained pressed up into the air as he held himself regally before her. He may not be a prince of the sea as she had imagined, but Marius WAS a powerful merfolk, one of regality and poise even if that specific blood did not go through his veins.

As she moved away, he looked extremely curious, since he did not know whether he had done something wrong, he noticed she was not running away. Instead, she seemed to lay herself nearby, his eyes on her as she spread those strange things that were there instead of a tail, and there, between her legs the way she spread herself displayed the slit which he could tell was her womanhood.

His head snapped towards the sound coming from the distance, and even as she was dressing so quickly, Marius had pushed himself off the rock and going into the sea again, he turned as she spoke. He nodded to her, though watching her dissapear, he headed into the depths of the sea, returning home. His cock slipped back into the slit that it had come from, but his mind was stuck upon Nausicaä. Such a foreign beauty, such a beautiful woman in her own right.

He longed to be able to speak properly to her, but usually the talisman shell was only used to issue orders to the beings of the depths, though when they each had one they could 'link' and speak properly as well. He tended to his duties at home, but finally, when he had time again the next day though he snuck out and headed to the coral depths... to the caves there. Deep within them he knew that the sea witch lived.

He was determined to find out how to extend the shell's power and duration, he was resolute that he would see and speak with Nausicaä again! For now, he braced himself to speak with the witch. Light advice, she provided for free, but beyond that, he knew there was a price. For now he was simply looking FOR advice to solve his problem... He had never seen someone like Nausicaä, and just as she had found him enchanting, so too did he find HER enchanting as well!
 
The following day, the usually graceful princess could do nothing right.

When drawing her own bath, the water overflowed. She spilled her milk at breakfast, her water at lunch, and her wine at dinner. Her chiton was pinned lop-sided. Her hair never quite stayed braided or pinned. And she had a wide, dreamstruck grin on her face that none of her misfortunes could erase.

“She’s got it bad,” said one of the maids as she busied herself washing the princess’s wine-stained chiton.

“But for who? She’s turned her nose up at every duke, earl, and prince that’s come through here,” said another, busying herself with hanging the laundry as the maid washing would finish.

“Maybe some well-hung stable boy!” inserted a third maid as she came into the washing area, butting the door open with her rear. The washing room wasn’t so much as a room as a lovely courtyard in the back of the palace, overlooking the sea. The maids would often go to this courtyard to do the washing when the weather was pleasant (which it generally always was), to rest their feet and to give their mouths a work out.

“It’s not entirely uncommon for those nobles to run around with those beneath them,” continued the third maid, sitting down on a stool and pulling a pinch of tobacco from her apron. “Think about it – she spends all of her time out in the city on those ‘charity missions,’ entirely unescorted! And she’s always been one for sneaking off and vanishing for god knows how long. Miracle she hasn’t had a child or three by now!” She ended with a cackle, showing tobacco stained teeth.

“Oh, Nauiscaa isn’t like that,” chimed in a fourth maid, coming out of the palace with an armful of linen. “You, new girl,” she said, gesturing to the third maid, even with her arms full, “Watch your tongue and the rumors you may start to spread. You’ll find yourself out on the street if you keep up with that kind of talk.”

“Oh, it was only a bit of fun,” sulked the third maid, mindfully rolling a cigarette. “I meant no harm. The princess is as kind as she can be. A little dizzy, but kind-hearted.”

“Aye, that’s the truth,” chimed in the first maid, the one who made the first comment. “It’s charming to see her in love, even if she does spoil her clothing in the process.”

“Who said anything about ‘love’?” sniffed the second maid around the clothes pins in her mouth.

“It is sort of obvious, Beatrice,” said the fourth maid, as she dumped the linen into the wash tub in front of the first maid. “Some young swain has gotten into her head and heart.”

“Better that than her skirts,” sniffed the third maid, patting her pockets for her matches. “This isn’t the first place of nobles I’ve worked, and some of the stuff that they do will curl your hair, it will.”

“You’ll find none of the like here, even with twelve princes in tow!” sniffed the fourth maid, sitting beside the first one to help her with the washing.

“That, I’ll believe when I see, but that Circe? She gives me the right chills, she does.”

++++

It was not hard to find the Sea Witch – although the question usually was, why would one WANT to find the Sea Witch. True, she could grant any desire, any dream, but she asked a high price. And what she did with her payments, none of the merfolk knew. The royalty knew of her (and there were rumors that she was even related to them), but seemed to tolerate her as she posed no threat to the crown. Truly, she didn’t – as she didn’t mingle among the other merfolk.

There was something scary about her, something dark, but if she had actually actively done anyone a real harm or injustice, no one knew. And, in her own inexplicable way, she was fair – she did deliver what she said she would, without any strange loop hole or taking back her word. She dwelled on the outskirts of the kingdom, on the edge of a great kelp forest. The sunlight came filtered through, and cast long shadows across the grounds. Despite what many would have thought about the Sea Witch, her home was actually meticulously kept, with underwater flower beds and gardens that boasted anemones and coral from all over the kingdom, and some exotic species that came from different waters. Schools of fish flirted back and forth through the swaying kelp, unafraid.

“Ah, General Marius,” she said, before he’d even entered her domain, “I’ve been waiting for you. You have the smell of human all over you. Do you realize the force that you’ve unlocked?” She’d swim forward now, revealing herself to him. She was an older woman, although her true age, no one knew. Her skin seemed paper-thin and pale, with a slight green tint. In the wrinkles of her face, the suggestion of past beauty was strong – and her deep green eyes were as vivid and youthful as his, and her thick gray-white hair floated around her carelessly. “You’ve awakened both her heart and her desire. Do you know what it means to be loved like that, General?”
 
Marius HAD carefully considered the possible folly of what he was doing, and yet he was also committed. He had seen a human woman, had been in the warmth of the sun, and though he had managed to fulfill his duties that day, it had not been easy by any stretch of the imagination. After all he had been thinking all about the woman who was Nausicaä, and his thoughts though trying to focus on other tasks seemed to constantly return to her.

As he swam forwards the voice from the darkness startled him, though there truthfully wasn't fear in his eyes as she appeared, instead there was respectful reverence. Marius had resolved before to never truly 'listen' to the rumors of the sea, and instead he thought of the sea witch as a neutral force. There was good and bad within all of the ocean. If the witch had been such a threat, the royal line of Triton would have dealt with her long ago.

After all it was a very well guarded secret that even King Triton in the most desperate of times would come to the witch himself. Marius looked down at himself, wondering how she knew it was a human, after all scent didn't carry like it did in the air, but he imagined that she knew somehow, especially since she spoke so confidently.

As she asked whether he understood the force he had unlocked, he shook his head. " I have no idea. I simply know that I cannot stop thinking about her." He admitted, though he looked behind him for a last time, ensuring that no one had followed him there. After all had word spread that he was visiting with the sea witch that would have been bad, but had anyone found out he had gone to the surface, much less spoken with the human, well that would have been even worse!

As she asked about love, he shook his head. " We only met once, it cannot be love already..." Though there WAS doubt in his voice... he had seen the lengths that Nausicaä had gone to in order to be around him, though he had enjoyed having her close, the thought of her splaying herself not to mention displaying herself to him had haunted his thoughts and dreams.

" I need to know how to extend the power of the talisman great sea witch... I cannot love her unless I know more about her. Her world is so strange, so different!" Land... it was as foreign to him as the depths of the sea was to her. Marius was not one to back down from a challenge either... He would do whatever it took in order to get where he wanted to go, and in this case, he wanted to hold Nausicaä in his arms and learn all about her. Why she was so shy, why she ran from him, what her world was like, all these things intrigued him.

" I need to know more... I need her." He admitted finally. Being the General, Marius DID have mermaids who were in awe of him, who WERE wanting to have him for themselves, but Marius had never shown such vulnerability before. Just as Nausicaä, Marius 'had it bad' for her!

There was nothing which was going to stop him from getting to her!
 
The sea witch looked at him steadily, measuring him bit by bit with her vivid eyes. She seemed to be sizing him up, making a silent judgment. It must have been a positive one, for the smile that she gave him was gentle. “You wonder how I know it is a human?” She chuckled, sounding like a grandmother amused by one of her grandchildren. “I know of you, General Marius. I know of the mermaids that follow after you, sighing. I have had one or two here, trying to bargain to win your heart.” If he was surprised at the information, she waved it away with another small chuckle. “They think you cruel. And since I have heard nothing of a mermaid capturing your heart, it must be a human. And you do smell as one. These things, you know, when you get to be my age and have seen as much as I have.”

She swam out further to meet him, graceful despite her apparent age. Her tail was the deep iridescent blue and red of a beta fish, with fins that were elegantly long, rippled, and scalloped at the ends. Unlike many other mermaids, she wore no adornment about her tail, choosing to display its natural beauty. On each finger, though, she wore a variety of rings. Some with brilliant pearls, others with highly polished coral, and still others with stones that he had never seen before.

“You cannot stop thinking about her,” she cooed as she swam to his right side, laying her hands on his shoulder. Her gray hair mingled with his as she spoke directly into his ear. “Your heart beats faster,” she swam to his left side, again placing her hands on his shoulders, her lips close to his ear, “You feel the urge to breed.” She swam away from him now, over him in a veil of gray hair before settling in front of him. “You’ve met once, but you’ve heard her song many times, have you not? You’ve seen her many times. You’ve wondered about her.” There was no judgment in her voice; she would not tell that he’d gone to the surface. She spoke to him as familiarly as if he had been her child. “And I have it on good accounts that she feels the same way about you, if not more so. Humans are violently intrigued by us merfolk. They have told many tales, sung many songs about our lives. They do not know that the descendants of merfolk walk among them.”

Knowing that she’d caught his interest with the “descendants” bit, she chuckled, and waved him into her lair. “Lair’ wouldn’t be quite the right word; as he followed her from her “courtyard” and down the carefully tended trails, she lead him towards a small cottage, carved from whale bone and large scallop shells. It was “sunny” enough, being in the midst of the kelp forest, and the sunlight shone freer here, though diffused through the water. Her home was simple enough – the front room in which she gestured him to sit was furnished with large sponges for seats, and upon the carved walls hung strange paintings, depicting far away oceans and lands.

“Oh, yes, General Marius; it is entirely possible for the merfolk to couple with humans. It happened several times in my youth and in the youth of those long dead. You will want to ask your King as to why the practice has stopped,” and in her voice, there was an undercurrent of anger. If it was towards the King or something else would be impossible to tell. “You need to know more? Why not just explore the surface? Why do you wish so badly to see her and learn about her alone, if it is not love?” She was mocking him, but it was a tender mocking, to coax him into admitting what it seemed he would not. When he confessed that he needed the princess, her expression was kind.

“Now, you ask about how to extend the power of your talisman? It is a very simple thing, though it may require some flexibility on both your parts,” and she gave a little laugh at the lewdness of her comment – lewdness she was aware that he would not know. “Have you mated with anyone yet? Do you know what to even do with this?” And she floated beside him, pressing her fingers to his slit. “Proud, proud Marius. The answer to which you seek is very simple. You will need to taste of her as she does of you. Once you have exchanged the essence of what brings life into the world and absorb it in your body through your mouths, connecting your throats, you will be able to understand each other. But take care – it is only a temporary solution. As long as you are of the sea and she is of the land, the magic will fade. You can continue to restore it by exchanging essences, but as time goes on, even that power will fade, and you will have to find a more lasting…solution.” Her eyes twinkled with mirth. She, after all, knew what she was referring to, and though Marius was a proud merman, he did not know much about this particular aspect of life. “If she truly loves you, she will eagerly accept you. From there, I do not know,” and she gave him a shrug.

“Now, proud Marius,” and she was moving to usher him out of her home, seemingly just as quickly as she’d settled him, “This was merely advice given. Anything further that I tell you, and I fear I’ve already told you much, will come at a price. For now, I have much enjoyed looking at you, and that will suffice alone for payment. If you seek me out again, it will be more than just the looking!”

++++++++

Nausicaa couldn’t sleep.

She’d tossed and turned – changed nightdresses, snuck down to the kitchen for something cool to drink, and even taken a short walk through the courtyard. Nothing had calmed her down. She felt as if she was ablaze; every time she closed her eyes, she kept seeing his burning back into hers, with that odd mix of curiosity and what she’d come to learn as desire. Did he want her as she wanted him? Did he want her to touch him more?

Finally, she threw the covers off, her body drenched in sweat. She dared not touch herself further – as she changed earlier, she noticed the tiniest brush against her erect nipples sent her into near spasms of pleasure. In her dreams, he had touched her like that, had explored her womanhood more than just the odd curious look...He had kissed her deeper, had let his hands dance across her flesh, had teased her with his jutting manhood, and, just as she had awoken, had pressed into her…

Just the recall of it made her cheeks burn. Throwing on a sheer gown, she slipped from her room and out of the palace. Outside, the dead of night was broken by the sound of the waves against the shore and the chirruping of crickets. A fat full moon sat above, illuminating the path down to her nook. Slipping down to it, she stood on the sandy shore, looking out over the ocean. She had not brought her lyre, and did not think to sing. Instead, here, with the memories of that dream and his eyes locked in her memory, she crept to the edge of the sand, next to a tide pool, and slipped her dress off. Her face burning, she lay back on the sand. It was still warm under her back – soothing to her even as her face still felt hot. Closing her eyes, taking a deep breath of the salt air, she let her hands wander over her body. Slowly, she cupped her breasts within her palms, rolling the firm nipples, before letting her right hand wander further as she parted her legs. With her cunt brazenly facing the ocean, she trailed a finger down her slit, surprising herself with the sensation and how wet she felt. Different from water from the bath, this was warmer, hot, sticky – thick. Sliding her finger up and down her slit, her left hand continued to manipulate her left breast.
 
Marius 'stood his ground' when she studied him, and yet in a way he did truly look innocent and lost in his own right. She pointed out about the mermaids, the one's who sighed and watched after him, and yet they had not stirred his heart the way that Nausicaa had within that singular day.

He held a sense of reverence for the witch, it was clear at one time she had been beautiful, yet age took it's toll on all. Just as the smooth mountain was worn down over time, so too had she clearly been worn down by time and who knew how many troubles in her life. He doubted that she had lived here her entire life, and yet he knew better than to press.

His eyes widened in complete surprise when she said walk... was such a thing possible? he was so different than she, legs were such a confusing thing to him, and yet her comment about him being unable to forget her was correct. He could not stop thinking about her! His mind was like a maelstrom of confusion, though he knew one thing, he WAS wanting to breed with her.

As she asked that, he nodded when she explained the steps involved. Such intimacy... he knew that Nausicaa would be hesitant, she was a princess, and something about that screamed of an incredibly delightful desire to him. As she floated beside him and pressed on his slit, he gasped, though as she explained about the taste, he noticed the mirth in her eyes.

As she ushered him back out of her home though he allowed himself to go, though he turned and bowed respectfully to her. " Thank you." He didn't know what more really to say, but for now, the advice she had given would be enough. Marius returned home, though as the nights moon lit the surface of the sea, he found himself tossing and turning within his home.

Finally he headed for the surface, simply needing a few minutes to calm down, his thoughts completely jumbled as he was still a distance from her cove. He did not expect her to be there at all... after all all the other times she had been to the cove Nausicaa had arrived during the day.

So it was a pleasant surprise when he noticed a figure on the shore, and moving towards it, he noticed who it was and his smile turned to a grin. Yet he noticed what she was doing and approaching, he pressed his hand to the shell. Since he had been in the sea again fully, the shell had recharged. His words broke her reverie, but they were laden with desire.

" I need to taste you, to speak more with you. Will you allow me a taste?" He asked, her handsome merman a good ten feet away, treading water thoughtlessly. The moon illuminated her beautifully... but he was shocked she was here like this, as though offering herself to the sea. It only caused him to groan softly in desire, watching her fingers move over that slit, watching her desire swell the lips of her sex.

This was all new to him, but he was eager to learn!
 
All she could imagine was his warm breath on the side of her throat, the way his lips would feel pressed against her. The finger at her slit rubbed more firmly, and a small tremor went through her body. She had never toucher herself in such a fashion before - and her normal shyness was gone, washed away in her quest to sate her desire.

When Marius broke the surface of the water, she did not hear him - her eyes were closed, and her head was turned to the side. The left hand steadily worked her left breast, gently tugging on the nipple, pinching it softly. Who knew that the princess had a bit of a rough streak in her? Pinching harder, she gave her nipple a firmer tug, and she softly cried out, arching her back and her hips into her right hand. Still rubbing along the length of her slit, she stilled her finger above the swollen nub of her clitoris. Her middle finger, slick with her arousal, began to trace small circles around the bump -

And his voice caused her to start.

Sitting up, her face burned a deep red, nearly invisible in the darkness of the night. As if the strength of her desire conjured him, there he was, the firm lines of his body outlined by the white of the moonlight. The confident woman of just a few seconds ago had vanished, leaving a shy young woman in front of him. Her gaze went from him to the sand, then back to him. Catching her lower lip between her teeth, she seemed torn. What was she to do? What did she feel that she should do?

He’d have his answer shortly.

Standing up, she walked over to the edge of the water. As the white tipped surf lapped at her ankles, she moved further into the water, until it was about up to her calves. Looking down at the sand behind her, she slowly eased down onto the beach. Propping herself up on her elbows, she looked at him, still shy, still nervous, but with a flame of lust in her eyes. Keeping her eyes on his, she parted her legs again, revealing her swollen sex to him. Her labia were puffy, slick and shiny from her arousal. Much like a clam shell parting, the flesh between the dark labia was a deeper pink than it was before, flushed by her want. In a moment of further inspiration, she reached down with her right hand, and, pressing her fingers against her labia, parted those lips for him, showing him the depths of her sex.
 
Marius had seen matings in the past... he understood that there was more beyond what he had seen, the light petting of the merfolk, the kissing... he knew that there was more. Yet as he watched her, he seemed mesmerized by her for those first few moments. His eyes were drawn along the lines of her toned yet supple thighs, along the slit which was clearly swollen with her desire and the entrance of her sex, and yet watching how she pulled on her own nipple, he smiled gently at the cry. She seemed to like the rougher touch slightly, and that was something that he resolved to explore further.

Even as she sat up so quickly, his eyes burned into her body. He blushed himself at startling her, the show which she had displayed seemed to be broken now, something for which he was going to eternally regret, and even as he saw her shyness return, he softly sighed, thinking that he had ruined the moment. As she sat seeming to be conflicted within herself, Marius swam a bit more forwards, though he could not fully travel upon the land from wence her kingdom laid, he found himself wanting to.

The sea witches words rang through him, the mocking, questioning his desire to see more of her, to explore more of her. He could not truly claimed he loved Nausicaa with all of his heart just yet, but his desire for her was very real. He noticed that she seemed to have come to a decision, and even as she moved to the edge of the water, he was relieved.

As she looked to the sand, he watched as she sank herself prostrating herself once again, Marius watched awe struck as she was so brave and bold as to spread her legs open once again, baring her entire being to him in that moment. Swimming right to her, he had to climb up a bit, but with the press of his muscular arms, Marius was there. As her fingers splayed herself so lewdly open for him, he looked straight into her eyes for a moment... capturing those orbs of hers with his own.

" Beautiful...."

The statement was so simple... and yet it was true... and moving his tail to support him, it pressed into the sand, anchoring him there as he reached out and drew his hand upon the supple flesh of her calf. Moving it over the back of her knee soon he was drawing closer to her displayed cunt, and even as he did he looked up to her.

" The magic of the shell will only last a moment, but when we taste one another, the magic shall be extended. With each sexual act, we will communicate..." He was about to say longer when the magic fell apart, and without a single word attempted further, he knew what he needed to do... and now so did she. Marius leaned down and with no hesitation, his lips and tongue pressed against her opened slit, his tongue curling into those depths, drawing her nectar from her. Finding it delicious, he delved for more, even as she would experience her very first cunnilingus, the merman general eating the human princess out without any regard for what was 'right'.

To Marius, nothing beyond this WAS right!
 
The problem with fairy tales, unless they were cautionary tales, they made no distinction between “lust” and “love.” So, as the princess was there, bare-assed on the sand and her legs spread wide for a strange man from the sea, she assumed she was in love, because of the fire that he sent coursing through her. She’d spent more time caught up in the haze in which he induced in her than to really be able to think logically about the situation, or who he was. All of the questions she’d wanted to ask, her natural curiosity, had taken an immediate back seat to the desire of wanting to be taken by this man, such was his beauty and mystique. For her, she seemed caught in the web of a dream.

Seeing him make the small climb, she’d slid further down, the sea water chill against her sex and lapping at her neck and shoulders. And when his tongue, warmer than the water, warmer than the rest of him, pressed tentatively against her slit, light danced behind her eyes and she hissed in pleasure, the sound melting into a whimpering moan. Her right hand, which had so dutifully kept her lips spread for him, went to her mouth now as she tried to cover the sounds she was making, the left hand going over her head to clench the sand.

With each slow, savoring pass of his tongue, she pressed her hips firmer into his face, ignoring the ocean spray that dampened her hair, her face, her throat. Under the pale light of the moon, her lithe figure danced on the sand, a steady rocking of her hips into his questing mouth and tongue. Her flesh quivered beneath his tongue, and, reaching down, she gently ran her hand through his thick hair, perpetually wet from his home. It was a caressing motion - her nails were soft against his scalp, before trailing down the side of his face to back up to his hair.

A particularly clever tongue twist against the swollen bud of her clitoris caused her to let out a small shriek, her labia lips seeming to throb under his tongue. Inexperienced as they both were, it was a clear indication that whatever he just did was the spot. But her body began to ache, to throb so that she thought she was going to lose what little sense that she had left. She needed more. Needed something more, though what, she wasn’t sure…

Pulling a shaking hand from his hair, her arm traced the length of his neck, down the sinewy shoulder, and across his bicep. The fact that she was able to explore him much better now than she had before didn’t occur to her. Had she had some of her usual self left, she would have taken the time to truly glory in him. And, indeed, perhaps there would be time for that later. But, for now, in the first sexual awakening of her brief life, Nausicaa knew what it meant to be entirely consumed by the desire to have a man take her - and, in its newness, knew that she just wanted more.

Finally reaching his hand, she guided it to her slit as well, nudging one of his fingers against her opening, directly under the press of his tongue. With little more than a firm push, she guided the digit inside of her, encouraging him to wiggle it a bit as he slowly penetrated her with it. As he slipped it inside of her, slowly as she’d gestured, his name left her lips in a soft sigh.
 
Back
Top