Kiki's next Adventure

Howl grabbed her hand and held onto it. "Kiki calm down for a minute and just listen. My family is not going to break apart. Sophie accepted me for who I was a long time ago and almost from the moment you stepped foot inside our house she had her suspicions about you. Her words to me even before she knew whether or not you were my daughter were I better take care of you. The fact that you are will not change that. She has already accepted you dear and as for Marcus," he chuckled, "Well I think you know how he feels about his KeeKee," he broke up laughing.

"You are part of our little family now Kiki but we will not be taking you from yours. You are free to come and go as you please but know you are always welcome here...Daughter."
 
Kiki

Kiki breathed deeply to calm herself. She was relief to hear that Sophie had forgiven him before she even knew about their relationship. The young witch was more at awe with her step-mother. She smiled when he bought up Marcus. The little boy was so adorable and lively.

“I’m happy to hear that.” She let out a deep sigh as if a weight lifted. Her eyes widened and stared at the magician before her. Stunned, happy stun, to hear him say, “Daughter.” Her lips slowly curled upward until a big grin planted across her face. “Thank you...Father. What now?” she asked, more to herself really.

Her plan was to find her father. Found. She wanted to know why he left them. Learned. She didn’t want to be a wedge between him and his family. Resolved. The young, curious and adventure mind suddenly drew a blank... She was filled with joy and contentment to think of anything else at the moment.
 
Last edited:
"Well I would think a good nights rest might be in order," he smiled "Of course that is still a way off but I insist you stay the night. We have plenty of room as you can tell," he laughed. "As for what you do next, well I might have a little idea about that, however we will discuss that later when you have rested a little and have gathered your thoughts. Besides you might want to chat with Sophie a little or even your mother. You know I can arrange that with your help. I have a phone here that can call between the dimensions you know," he smiled. "When you go home I will set up a permanent link between us so you can call us anytime you want."
 
Kiki

Kiki nodded and hastily agreed, “Right, of course I’ll stay the night. If. If that’s okay with everyone else. Normally a phone that connects with different dimensions would tickled her curious mind. She was bothered by something else.

Her eyes cast down as she confessed quietly, “My mom doesn’t know I’m here. She thinks I’m on holiday with Tombo. I rather not tell her. Yet. Or else she would want me to come home right away.” She looked up at her newly-found father, “Can we keep this a secret between us? At least for now? I want to spend more time with you.” She paused, and then pleaded, “Dad? O, okay?”

She blurted, “G-go home? But, but we’ve just reunited. There’s still so many things I want to see here. And other worlds. I want to learn from you. Get to know you. And make time all these years apart!” Her mind was too jumbled to get her thoughts straight. She recognized that, stopped talking, took a deep breath and sat back on her chair. “You’re right. I do need some time to take this all in."
 
Howl thought a little. So her mother did not know she was here, but she would not worry because she was supposed to be on a holiday with this boy Tombo. This could be a good thing, especially considering she wanted to actually travel throughout the dimensions. He would definitely have to discuss the idea that was forming in his mind with Sophie as it might take him away from her and Marcus for awhile.

"Very well Kiki, take all the time you want. I am not going to kick you out anytime soon and if you don't want me to phone your mother I won't. However if you want to phone this boy you can do that to, but maybe you could tell me about him first. I would like to know what sort of boy is good enough for my daughter," he teased her.

Standing up he gave her a hug. "Well I best go and tell Sophie that we will be having a guest for a little while and that she is our Daughter." Smiling he left her sitting there and went to find his wife. He needed to have another little talk, with her this time.
 
Kiki & Sophie

Kiki's face reddened when her father mentioned and questioned Tombo. "He...he's a very good man," she was quick to defend her fiance. "Oh, yes absolutely that I should phone him. He'll be thrill that I found you."

She stood up with him and hugged him back. "Oh, right. Okay," she agreed when he said that he needed to discuss things with Sophie. She watched him disappeared up the staircase before she sat back down. She took a deep breath and started to progress the huge events that unfolded today!

All the while, Marcus had his ear pressed against the door. He tried to eavesdrop on the conversation from his larents rokm. Sophie had instructed him to stay put while she made the room. "So what did you hear, my little spy man?"

The boy grunted. "Gah! Not a thing!" Sophie chuckled but wasn't surprise since Howl had warded the room with some sort of sound proof spell. It worked when either her or her husband didn't want any eavesdropper in or out side their room. "Wait, wait. I hear it. I hear ..... footsteppppp-aaahhhh!" The door swung opened, and Marcus fell right through it. He looked up at Howl with a biggest, guiltiest smile ever. "Oh hi, dadda."
 
Howl looked down at his son and tried to hide his smile. he just about did but the corners betrayed him curling up. "Hmmm," he said in a gruff voice, "Spying again were you Marcus. What have we told you about that?"

"Don't try and hear con,con, talks from other people," he replied in a voice that said he had told these words a lot.

"That's right." Howl said trying to stay gruff with his son but breaking into a smile and scooping him up and tickling him. As the boy laughed and squirmed he looked over at Sophie. "We will be having a guest for a little while dear. Kiki has agreed to stay while we sort a few things out. Shall I put her in the room next to Marcus?"

That room had been earmarked for their next child and was his subtle way of telling her he had already told her they were her family. She nodded to show she understood then smiled from ear to ear. "I think that would be just lovely. How long will she be staying?"

"Keekee is staying,"Piped up Marcus. "Yay." he squirmed out of his fathers grip and ran off to find her.

Howl smiled and turned back to Sophie. "I told her I was her Father and the story of why I left her Mother and her. She would like to stay awhile and I would like her too but it has to be okay with you too."

Sophie approached him and wrapped him in a hug. "You know my feelings on this. She is welcome here. She is your daughter and do you see the way Marcus adores her. he is a good judge of character. Besides I like her too,' she smiled.

Howl frowned a little. "There is something else. She has the potential to be a great witch. Greater even than the witch of the wastes but she needs to travel and learn." He looked at her and shrugged. "You also know I am the only one who can take her. it is a lot earlier than i thought I would be taking this journey. I felt I would be taking it with Marcus but I have a compromise. I do not want to go on a long journey right now, I actually do not want to be away from you and Marcus that long," he said cuddling and kissing her," so what I thought was I could take her on training trips of several days length. It will be enough to show her how to get there, introduce her to a few friends of mine, show her the dangers and start teaching her what she needs to know to survive. Then we come back. Do this once a week until she has to go home then she will have a few places to travel to and learn from and then next time she visits I can do it again in another couple of realms. What do you think?"
 
Kiki & Sophie

Sophie smiled and placed her hand on his face. “I’ll support whatever you decide to do, Howl. Marcus and I have been fortunate to have you in our lives for all these years. It’s time for you to spend some time with Kiki. She didn’t have a father for ten, twenty years now. Marcus is still young. He’ll have plenty of other time to travel with you. You need some father-daughter time. She can stay, come and go as long as she likes. This home is open to any ‘Howl-ets’.”




While the adults talked, Marcus ran straight back down to the kitchen. His arms flung wildly above his head and screamed the whole there, “Keekee. Keekee. Keekee!” The boy jumped into her laps without asking. “You’re staying?! Staying! Yay!!!” He wrapped his little chubby hands around her and squeezed her tight.

Kiki laughed as she embraced her younger half-brother. Tears dripped down her cheeks without she could stop them. They were happy tears. It felt so good being here, belonging here, meeting a family that she never knew…
 
Last edited:
Howl hugged his wife. Just what had he done to deserve this woman. Not only had she saved him and given him his heart back, but now she had given him two fabulous children.

"I love you my dear wife and I do believe I do not tell you that enough. Just you wait until tonight and I will show you just how much I do, but for now you should know that you are the light of my life and without you and Marcus existence would be without meaning." He smiled at her as he bent down and kissed her soundly. "and now you have allowed me to add my daughter to that equation."

They stood there for several minutes before he broke away. "Now perhaps we should go and rescue her from her Brother before she decides living here may not be such a good idea after all." he laughed. "I will tell her the news about her training after Marcus goes to bed tonight. Maybe you would like to be there as well just to reassure her I am not running out on the two of you."
 
Kiki

Sophie smiled widely at his love confession and suggested jokingly, “You better put a stronger ward in our room for tonight then. Don’t want to wake two kids with all the thumping and pounding.”

She loved the way he kissed her, which was fill with passion and gratification. She was content stay standing next to him forever, but he did have a point. Marcus was probably being a handful right about now. “It’s a good idea to keep this trip from Marcus until you guys already leave,” she agreed. “If you tell him before, he’ll latch onto your leg like a stubborn leech. Of course I’ll be there. I can reassured her how much you’ve changed and what a wonderful father you are, will be for her.” She stood on her tiptoes for another long loving kiss.
 
Last edited:
Howl grinned at the mention of the ward. Oh he would be making it his strongest one yet and he planned on casting a few other spells as well. Who cared if tonight he cheated and tonight they both had increased stamina, flexibility and the ability to continue even after they had 'finished'. Oh yes tonight was going to be extra special.

Of course first they had to entertain the children until dinner time, feed them both, bathe Marcus again then put him to sleep, have their discussion with Kiki and deal with the fallout from that and then they could retire and have their fun. Kissing his wife he reluctantly broke away from her. "Well then my dear, the children await." He smiled. He did like the sound of that. Children. "Shall we go see what mischief they have gotten into?"
 
Kiki & Sophie

"Of course,” she nodded in agreement. Sophie hooked her arm around his as they went after the children. She gasped both in serious and playful, “Oh my! I’m really an old woman now. I have a daughter all grown up already. What does that make you?” She looked over to Howl next to her and teased, “An ancient?”

Once they got back to the kitchen, Marcus and Kiki were bouncing up and down on the floor. It was the boy’s idea to turn the hardwood into a trampoline. However, it was Kiki who actually transformed it into such. Marcus waddled his arms like a chicken trying to fly while Kiki twirled in midair like a ballerina. Their beats were off but at least their laughs were in sync.
 
"An ancient," Howl looked over at his wife in astonishment and then pinched her bottom in playfulness. "Oh I will show you just how much of an ancient I am tonight after the kids go to sleep," he promised her.

As the walked into the kitchen he stopped in amazement. The kids had created a trampoline out of a patch of the floor. That was actually a very impressive spell and he was pretty sure of who had done it and who had come up with the idea. Of course it was hard to be mad when their squeals of delight rang around the kitchen. He grabbed Sophie around the waist and pulled her in close. "Isn't it lovely to have magical kids,' he chuckled.
 
Kiki & Sophie

Sophie laughed at the sight of their happy children. “It’s lovely indeed.”


“Ack!” Kiki noticed the watching eyes and immediately returned the floor to its solid state. She landed gracefully on both feet while her brother smashed on his bum. He grunted but then giggled like it was all fun and game. Kiki was more serious however. Her eyes locked with Sophie, searching for approval and waiting to be addressed.


Sophie smiled, which relieved the young witch’s heart and bought a smile on her face as well. She gave a long deep bow, thanking and showing her respect to the parents. Sophie was more informal. She gave the girl a big hug. It prompted Marcus to wrap his chubby arms around the two ladies.


“I lyk groop hug!” he shouted happily.
 
Howl saw his family hugging for the first time and a small tear formed in the corner of his eye. Stepping forward he reached around from the opposite side to Sophie and gave them all a hug.

"Well as long as everyone is in a hugging mood, I think I might just join in," he laughed.

A few minutes later they were all seated at the table and Howl looked at them all. "Well Kiki as you can see you certainly will have no troubles fitting in here. While you stay here now and any other time you come to visit," he said hinting that she was welcome any time she wanted to come, " You will be using the room next to Marcus's. It has some furnishings in it but we will get you what you need in a little bit when we take you to see it."

He turned to his son and put on a gruff voice, "This does not mean you can just waltz in anytime you want young man. The same rules apply to Kiki's room as to our room do you understand?"

Marcus pouted but nodded his head. "Me unnerstnd Daddy. No go in until KeeKee say so."

Howl tussled his son's hair. "Good boy Marcus. Perhaps Kiki will let you see it before she decorates it though," he looked at her with a question in his eyes.
 
Kiki & Sophie

Kiki grinned widely as Howl explained the living arrangement. “Thank you. Thank you.”

Sophie chimed. “No need to mention it dear. We’re family after all.”

“Big fam!” Marcus shrieked. He grabbed Kiki’s hand and pulled her to her feet. “Come. I take you to your room. I hewp decorate.”

Kiki resisted at first but Sophie reassured her, “Go on. We’ll have a proper talk tonight.” The ladies shared a smile before the small but awfully strong and persistent boy dragged his half-sister away.

Sophie looked over to Howl and teased, “You son takes after you. Latches onto a pretty girl with all his might.”
 
Last edited:
Howl smiled then whisked her off her feet and into a hug, before kissing her soundly. "Of course, and if he is smart he will find the right one and never let her go," he chuckled.

He hugged her for another minute before taking her hand and leading her towards the room.
"Let's just see what our son has done to his sister's room shall we. Hopefully I will be able to fix it."

They found the room in remarkably good condition. So far nothing had been moved or brought in, but the two of them were sitting in the middle of the room having a very animated discussion.

As they walked in they could hear Marcus talking about slides and pits and they got a little worried but Kiki shook her head told him a natural bed would be okay. Suppressing a chuckle Howl knocked on the door and then walked in. "So having any luck?"
 
Marcus’ head bobbled and replied with gusto, “Yes! Keekee wants waterbed wid slide. And a biiiiiiiiiiiiig fire pit for s’mores.”

Kiki stayed behind her brother and out of his sight. She shook his head, indicating that she didn’t want any of that at all.

Sophie chuckled. “You mean that’s what you want.”

The boy continued to bobbled his head. He didn’t even try to lie or come up with a cover. “Yes, so can I have dem?!”

“No.”

“Awwwww!”

“What do you really want Kiki?”

Kiki stood up. “A simple bed.” She clasped her hands together and clapped three times. A single-size oak bed with four posts appeared. “Maybe a bit bigger in case Tombo come with me.” The bed turned into a queen size before a mattress plopped into it. “A drawer. A writing desk. A comfy chair for late night reading. Curtains. Lamp. Some fresh flower.” As she ranted off the list, one object after another materialized before their eyes.

“Oh, and the most important thing.” As she opened her hand, she was holding a photo of her and Tombo in a dark picture frame. She placed it on the nightstand next to the bed. A quick glance around the fully furnished room. “Is, is this okay?” She looked to the adults for approval.

Marcus of course disapproved. He shook his head and clicked his tongue. "No. No. So boooooooring."
 
Howl looked around impressed. Her tastes where very nice if a little spartan. Marcus was right it was a little boring but if this was how she wanted it who was he to argue. Well perhaps he could add just one or two more things for her he smiled.

"It is beautiful dear, and really if it wasn't the castle would have not let you put it in here. It is a bit temperamental like that, I really should have warned you about that before you started. If it doesn't like something it has a way of letting you know and it is none to subtle believe me," he chuckled.

Looking around he pointed and a few more items appeared. Above her desk two shelves filled with books. Above her nightstand a clock, facing her bed was a mirror and sitting on her desk was a strange object.

"I thought you could do with these things as well Kiki. The shelves are connected with my personal library. Just grab any book and ask for it by name and if I have it you will have it in your hand." He smiled as her face lit up.

The clock is just that, a clock. However you can ask it to wake you up at a certain time and it will with whatever sounds you want. The mirror will let you see any family member or friend for ten minutes a day although you can't hear them and they can't see you, and this," he said showing her the object on her desk, "Is a phone that let's you speak across the dimensions. I figured you might want your own for your room," he smiled. "But only two a day and no more than ten minutes each time."
 
Kiki’s taste was usually this reserve but she toned it down since she was still a guest at this house. On the hindsight, her loudness would had fit right with the castle’s uniqueness. She was glad her father called up a few more things that she had completely forgotten. She smiled widely and appreciatively to him. Her eyes widened even more when he pointed out that dimension-crossing phone.

“Right. Thank you! I should call Tombo.” She picked up the phone and started dialing. Marcus was about to grab the receive. d but Sophie scooped him away.

“Now, now. We should give her some privacy.” That was directed to both of the boys. She looked over to Howl and mouthed, ‘how’s Tombo?’ And motioned them toward the door.
 
Howl walked with them down towards the kitchen again then taking Marcus from his wifes arms he opened the back door and headed outside.

Looking left and right he saw that no one was approaching so he led them both over to the small group of trees in the meadow and sat down below it. He gathered up a few of the nuts that had fallen into a pile then smiling at Sophie he bounced Marcus on his knee then glanced at two trees on the other side of the clearing.

"You know dear," he began as if talking to her but really it was for his benefit. "I used to be able to run from here to those trees and back again in less than a minute when I was a young lad."

Sophie grinned understandingly and nodded. "Really. Well I would be impressed if I saw someone do that," she said.

Suddenly Marcus was off with a giggle, his little legs flying. They smiled as they watched him go then Sophie turned to Howl. "So who is this Tombo?"

Howl smiled at the seriousness in her voice. A mother for less than an hour and already she was making sure of any boys she was talking to. "I gather that he is her fiance dear and she is using him as an excuse to go on this adventure to find me. She is supposed to be staying with him and instead flew off to find me and that is why we have some time with her that her mother will not question."

He had just finished the explanation when Marcus came running back and flew into his fathers lap. laughing he looked at his mother. "Fast huh Mum," he panted out.
 
“Fiance?” Sophie gasped. “Your daughter is getting married? Who is this guy? Have you met him? What is he like? Is he good to her?” she questioned even though she already knew Howl can’t answer any of them.

She nodded at Marcus. “Yes, dear, very fast.”

Back inside the castle, Kiki called her fiance and told him everything. He was both happy and leery. He was happy that she found her father, but leery that she planned to venture off with a complete stranger.

“Silly he’s not a stranger. He’s my father,” she defended.

“Biologically, yes. But you just met the guy. How do you know he’s not, not like a dark wizard or something?”

Kiki laughed. “Well, he once was I think. But he was possessed. He’s good now, living with a wife and son. I’ve seen his magic, he’s really good. I’ll learn a lot from him. Besides, I need to spend time with my father. It has been decades after all.”

She could hear him sighed, which was his classic sign of defeat. “Fine. Be very careful. Be on a lookout. Phone me often. I’ll call your mom in a couple days and say we’ve extended our holiday.”

“You’re the best! I love you.”

“I love you too."

Kiki hung up and practically ran around to find the others.
 
Howl smiled at Sophie as she rattled off her questions. He knew she was just worried and being her overprotective self. He was amazed at how quickly she had taken Kiki into her heart and was treating her as one of the family, but then again she had always had a big heart.

"I don't know my love, but I am sure Kiki will tell us when she is ready. However I think I can trust her not to go out with someone too untrustworthy. She seems like a very level headed girl so I would think any boy she has chosen would be similar."

Laughing he picked up Marcus and threw the boy into the air with a touch of air magic, propelling him high into the air."Anything else you want to know you will have to ask her my dear," he said catching Marcus as he came down laughing and squirming, "And it looks like you will get your chance," he said pointing to the door as Kiki came out and waved to them.
 
"You're her father. Shouldn't you be more curious and concern that your daughter is getting married?" Sophie questioned, though sounded like more of a demand. She waved back at Kiki who was making her way over to them.

Marcus sprung out from his father's arms and ran up to Kiki. He held her hand and walked back with her. Once they sat down, she glanced back and forth between Howl and Sophie. "Is something wrong?"

"Ugh, nah dear. Nothing is. Though Howl is curious about this Tombo boy and wonders when he'll get to meet this future son-in-law."

Kiki blushed and hastily replied, "Not any time soon. Not the son-in-law piece. We just got engaged. It'll be a long while before we'll get married. He's a pilot, a regular, no magic guy." She looked over to Howl, trying to read him and seeing if his expression approves of Tombo or not.
 
Howl glanced at Sophie and frowned a little and sighed. "I think my wife is trying to say that we would be overjoyed to meet this boy and get to know him. You are my Daughter and I will be taking my responsibilities to heart my dear. As such i really do think I should meet the boy and see what he is made of."

He smiled at her and put an arm around Sophie's shoulder. "Of course I do believe he will have a harder time convincing my wife here. She has really taken a shine to you Kiki so I hope this boy truly is worthy of you or he may find himself on the end of a severe tongue lashing."

He ducked as she playfully threw a punch at his head and laughed. "Oh and don't worry that the boy is not magical, I have no prejudices against them. If he truly makes you happy and is a decent boy then that is all that matters." He looked at her smiling face and could not help smiling back. "You said he was a pilot as well. Just what sort of airship does he fly? I have been to several dimensions remember and if I recall yours had Blimps and small single seat planes, is that right?"
 
Back
Top