Experienced Author / New Here Seeking an Editor's Keen Eye

JanusGoneAwry

Really Really Experienced
Joined
Jan 22, 2019
Posts
376
I've been writing erotic fiction for quite some time but only just recently discovered this site--yes I was quite comfortable living under my rock, thank you very much.

Now that I'm here and have read a variety of the work published here I am excited to put my work out there for others to read. To date, all of my "stories" have been written for young ladies I know personally so while I have had good feedback it is by no means authoritative.

I have just had my first story published in the "How To" section and it's titled "Dining at the Furry Snack Bar." Its rather short but you will get a sense of my style. I have another piece pending review by the Literotica editors and if accepted it will be published under "Erotic Couplings." It is simply titled "The Shower" and when available it will provide a better sense of my style.

I use the tools at hand to catch common spelling and punctuation mishaps and Grammarly to help with a deep grammatical review but there are nuances in writing these stories in particular with regard to writing dialog that I could use help with.

My stories generally run about 5-6k words but I have one weighing in a 35k. There are two distinct series in play, one about a girl named Summer and the other centered on a guy named Freedom Love Jones, Dom for short. I do not plan on making them into chapters so an editor need not commit to a stream of chapters on my behalf.

Lastly, my stories deal with a variety of sexual topics, especially in the series centered on Dom, but none of them are particularly over the top and I could use help in choosing the correct category to publish them in.

Sorry for the long post but I hope that by being explicit I can lure someone interested in applying their craft to some work with meat on the bone to drop me a line to ask more questions or let me pass along some of my stuff for you to taste.

Thanks :rose:
 
Link needed

I’ve just googled for your story, and for you by name, on this site and nothing has come up. For any response on your story you really need to put a link.
 
I’ve just googled for your story, and for you by name, on this site and nothing has come up. For any response on your story you really need to put a link.

Thanks for the prompt Emirus. I'm still getting my feet wet in this environment but here is a link to my current story (Authors note: it's more of a brief romp than a story) https://www.literotica.com/s/dining-at-the-furry-snack-bar

I'll post a link to "The Shower" once it's been approved.

Cheers
 
Welcom. The time to ask for help is when you have a specific story you would like to be edited. When you do, provide the wordage and the category.
 
Where’s the fur?

The title is “dining at the furry snack bar” but there’s no reference to a furry bush or how to deal with it.

There’s a few punctuation issues; clashes between dialogue and description; paragraphs; a couple of important points missed; but on the whole a decent instruction manual. “Pressure from the nose and chin?” I’ll have to think about that. “Slapping and pinching?” I’ll have to think about that as well.
 
Well I enjoyed that. Of course I already (coughknewcough) :eek: all that. :rolleyes:

Well written though. 4* (and I never read the how to category)


edit: Sorry, didn't realize this was an old post :(
 
Last edited:
Back
Top