Fairy Tale Group Game [OOC & Recruitment Check it Out!]

HotCider

Literotica Guru
Joined
Feb 29, 2012
Posts
1,429
A Game of Fables and Tales

Genre: Fairy Tale, Modern Fantasy, Crime, and Noir.

Inspirations: Fables, A Wolf Among Us, Hotline Miami, Pay Day Franchise, Kekkai Sensen, etc.

The Story

Welcome to the world of Tale, a world of fantastical creatures from talking bunny rabbits to colossal giants. Everyone in this world lives a day-to-day life performing—you know—normal people jobs? Whether you’re a bagger at a grocery store or a secret agent for some sort of organization, you have a purpose. Our setting takes place in a dark, Gotham-like city called New Fantasia. New Fantasia is gorgeous during the day. The grass is green; the sky is blue; and the sun just hits the city in the right spot. During the winter, the snow is like diamond dust and during the fall, the autumn leaves are a beautiful monochromatic collage of orange, red, yellows, and brown. However, no matter the season, at night, the city is always the same. All of the creepy-crawlies, the boogiemen, and the riff-raff come out to cause mischief and that’s just putting it lightly.

The Mayor of New Fantasia (open playable role) has been trying to decrease the amount of crime in New Fantasia, but it will take more than cops. Among the prevalent crime in the city, exists a gray organization—gray because the organization is neither entirely good nor entirely bad. The organization functions like a mafia. There’s a boss and then there are specialized subordinates who secretly exist beneath him or her (The Boss is also a playable role).

They call themselves Checkmate. Checkmate will at times work with other criminal organizations that they are allied with for financial or rivaling reasons. They will also at times aid the police and other secret organizations in disposing of other criminal organizations. Often due to having a mutual enemy. While the police do maintain somewhat of a trust and agreement with Checkmate, they aren’t against arresting members every now and then.

This game will mostly be sandbox and as the GM, I will throw some plots in there every now and then. You will know the characters I may NPC for story reasons, but I encourage everyone to use their imagination and bring some interesting characters as well as stories to this game.

Checkmate
Note: Your character does not have to be a member of Checkmate. They can be completely uninvolved. For those who do want to play a member of Checkmate, the possible job roles in the organization are listed below:

  • Boss – This can be a male or female, but there will only be one. They run the organization. They are responsible for every member of Checkmate and maintaining strategic relations with certain organizations lawful and criminal. They must be intelligent and not a pushover.
  • Right Hand – The Right Hand functions as the Boss when the Boss is absent. If for whatever reason the Boss is murdered, betrays the organization, or whatever, the Right Hand will take over and become the next boss. There will only be one right hand.
  • Collector – Collectors specialize in exactly that, collecting. More like collecting information and owed money. They are not to be confused with the Muscle. Collectors specialize in persuasion and gathering information about anything beneficial to the organization. They have their methods for gaining information, and it could include bringing a Muscle along.
  • Muscle – The Muscle specializes in taking out the trash—figure of speech. They go in to clean out a place, dust some goons, protect whoever they are required to protect, and just literally handle the dirty jobs. What they lack in brains, they make up with brawn.
  • Cleaner – The Cleaners are the ones who usually follow behind the organization’s activities and clean it all up. They know how to dispose of bodies and evidence. Thus, they often go along on executions. Somebody has to clean it up!
  • Breacher – Breachers specialize in an assortment of skills. They are often hackers, escape artists, and literal breachers, being able to break into high security areas and escape without leaving behind a trace. They aren’t always perfect, thus they usually have a Cleaner around just in case.
  • Doc – A Checkmate member can’t always risk going to a hospital. The Docs are there to patch up any Checkmate members who get too roughed up.
  • Techie – The Techies specialize in weapons development, glamor creation, and device invention. They are the ones who are gifted with creating whatever the organization needs. Each techie specializes in one specific area as some were previously mentioned: guns, magical items, electronic devices, and other weapons such as blades or ammunition. They are very important and often competitively sought after by rivaling organizations.

Character Sheet

1. If you want to play a character that was an animal or beast, then get creative. They can still be truly an animal or beast and use disguising magic called a glamor or they could be a were-type or shapeshifter.
2. No character assassination. A character assassination is when you write in your character’s history that “this character is dead, this character is dead, this character is dead…” if any of those characters could be playable, then you can’t kill them off and better think of a different back story.
3. If you choose to use a model or celebrity as your face claim, then let me know who you are using so other players aren’t using the same face claims.
4. You will make characters based off of fairy tale stories. Another acceptable story is Alice in Wonderland. What is not acceptable are “Disney” characters because this isn’t a Disney game. So you must use the original work and not the Disney version.

Code:
Name: Your character’s name. A First and Last Name is preferred. It makes it a little more realistic.
Alias: If your character came from a fairy tale, then their name in the fairy tale may be their alias. It doesn’t have to be, but it is just an idea.
Nickname: Exactly that. A nickname.
Fairy Tale Inspiration: What story do they come from?
Age: Fables live a pretty long life. Like being over 100+ years old is not unusual. So if you don’t want to write an actual age then write what age they “appear to be.”
Gender: Self-explanatory.
Height: 
Weight:
Hair Color:
Eye Color:
Visual Description: Here is where you link to either a photo, digital art, etc. If it is Not Safe for Work, then please put a warning next to the picture “NSFW” so that we know. You do not have to have a picture.
Written Description: This is a basic detailing of your character’s overall appearance. Tattoos, birthmarks, scars, skin color, or any interesting qualities that aren’t found in the pictures.
Job: What job do they fall under in Checkmate.
Calling Card: Choose a single card out of a traditional deck of 52 cards. For example: “2 of Hearts.”
Cover Job: Outside of Checkmate, where do they work?
Personality: A general rundown of their personality.
Likes: Not sexual.
Dislikes: Not sexual.
Talents: Good cook, piano player, painter, etc. No Mary Sues please. They can’t be good at everything.
Brief Background: You can write whatever you want here. How they were born. If you have a shared background with another writer, then you can collab a background here. How did they join Checkmate? If they aren’t apart of Checkmate, then what are they doing regularly?
Ons: Your character’s Ons. What turns him or her on.
Offs: Your character’s Offs. What turns him or her off.
Primary Weapon: Their main and favored one. Only one type. Dual weapons are considered one.
Secondary Weapon: Meh, self-explanatory.
Magic: This ability must be somewhat related to the character’s theme. They only get one ability. Not 2 in one. Not 3 in one. ONE ability.
Extra: Anything else you want to mention? Maybe they own a car, pets, or have an accent, who knows? Whatever you feel needs to be mentioned that doesn’t fall into the other categories.

You are always free to add as much as you want to this character sheet (CS). This is your creation.

Rules
1. Keep OOC in the OOC. No OOC bubbles in the IC please.
2. Respect each others’ ons and offs. No creepy stalker bullshit.
3. Stay in the illusion of the game. Please do not breech the barriers of OOC and IC.
4. Post at least 200 words or more.
5. Grammar and spelling to the best of your ability are a must.
6. Communication! Please, if you plan to leave on holiday, vacation, or if work is going to keep you busy for a few days, do not just inform your Rp Partner. Always keep the OOC up-to-date on your whereabouts because I WILL boot people that I feel are inactive from the game. My activity policy is if you go AWOL for 14 days, then I will PM you. If you go AWOL for 30 days, then you will be removed from the game.
7. Tea parties. These are when two players choose only to RP with each other and ignore other players in the game. This is a group game. If you don’t want to RP as a group, then please leave and make a solo game. I don’t want my players feeling frustrated or ignored.
8. Have fun and be creative. As the GM, I can guide this game, but the game really shines when writers add their own imaginations to it and play their characters down to a T.
9. If you have any comments or suggestions feel free to share them with me, but in the end, whatever I say goes, so please respect that.
***10. Sex Scenes: If your sex scene is plot-related meaning its storyline related and you have something planned to happen besides just sex, then you MAY keep the scene in the IC. If your sex scene is NOT and it's just clearly a romp scene with one or however many partners, then you must make a separate thread. Once you have made the separate thread, you can post a link in the IC to it for those who want to read it and so that you can easily keep track of it. The reason why I'm asking you to do this is for "in-game time" reasons. Some sex scenes take a long time like (two weeks IRL time long) and so not to hold up the game waiting for John and Jane to finish, the game can continue on without consequence. While John and Jane are in a separate thread and time stream doing the do, those players not involved in adult play can go about their business. Also, the players involved in the separated sex scene, can resume role playing in the main thread so they aren't missing any of the plot. But plain and simply, this rule just puts sex scenes in their own time stream and they could have happened around any time in-game. This just allows players to enjoy the game without hold-ups or feeling like they need to rush.

Reserved Characters

Characters reserved and pending a CS by prospective writers.

Taken Characters

Mopsy Rabbit - Peter Rabbit - Prostitute/Unaffiliated w/Checkmate - milkmaiden38
Prrr Lion - Wizard of Oz - Mayor - milkmaiden38
Jacques Jarcas - Cinderella - Muscle - milkmaiden38
Robert E. Bit - The Frog Prince - Collector - Adder4321
Chester Carroll - Alice in Wonderland - Breacher - kizkiz
Alice Liddell - Alice in Wonderland - NA/Journalist - seraph_nocturne
Pinocchio Geppetoson - Pinocchio - NA/NFPD Detective - Adder4321
Luminara al-Thani - Aladdin and the Magic Lamp/One Thousand and One Nights - Right Hand - seraph_nocturne
Giovanni Zepelli - Bearskin/The Devil with the Three Golden Hairs - Checkmate Boss - HotCider

Link

IC
 
Last edited:
Name: Mopsy Rabbit

Alias: Mopsy Rabbit

Nickname: Mops

Fairy Tale Inspiration: Peter Rabbit

Age: 28

Gender: Female

Height: 5’8”

Weight: 120

Hair Color: White

Eye Color: Brown

Visual Description: Busty white rabbit, “NSFW” picture.

Written Description: Long rabbit ears, tail, fur, rabbit nose and whiskers. Human parts are long sexy legs, slim waist and large full breasts

Job: High Class Hooker, not part of Checkmate

Calling Card: n/a

Cover Job: n/a

Personality: When she and her sister (Fopsy) were young, they were the good ones… and Peter Rabbit was a very naughty rabbit. But as an adult… Mopsy is the naughty one! She wants nothing more than to enjoy life. She is a naturally playful and happy person, she will always look on the bright side of any event. She can be flighty and easily distracted.

Her background: She is a very erotic creature, largely because she finds flirting and sex to be fun. She can be brazen in her sexual expression, although she also knows when to turn it off. She has been a high class escort/hooker for two years now, and has slept with city officials and criminal elements.

Likes: Pool (billiards), Fast Cars

Dislikes: Discrimination

Talents: Ace Pool player

Brief Background: See above

Ons: Big cocks

Offs: S&M

Primary Weapon: N/A, but is has MACE as protection

Secondary Weapon: She knows how to fire a gun, but does not own one.

Magic: Mopsy can turn on the sexual charm. Call it magic or Pheromone… she can get males and females turned on!! (FYI think Jessica Rabbit, characters can say no to her advances)

Extra: She is curious and loves a mystery!
 
Name: Prrr Lion

Alias: Cowardly Lion

Nickname: Mayor or Prrr

Fairy Tale Inspiration: Wizard of Oz

Age: 45

Gender: Male

Height: 6’2”

Weight: 200

Hair Color: Tan

Eye Color: Brown

Visual Description: See pic

Written Description: A powerful and muscled Lionman.

Job: Mayor

Calling Card: n/a

Cover Job: n/a

Personality: Prrr Lion still wearing his medal of courage. He is brave and courageous, maybe a little too much so. He is honestly trying to clean up the city. City politics and parts of his government workforce sometimes put roadblock in his way.

Likes: Women (He is still single!!) and bravery

Dislikes: Unethical behavior.

Talents: He is a born leader and many will follow him blindly.

Brief Background: See above

Ons: He has a thing for human women!

Offs: Weak people

Primary Weapon: Teeth and Claws

Secondary Weapon: He carries a side arm (Desert Eagle 50)

Magic: None

Extra: ??
 
Last edited:
Name: Jacques Jarcas

Alias: n/a

Nickname: Jaq (negative Jaq Ass)

Fairy Tale Inspiration: One of the mice in Cinderella that is turned into a horse

Age: 28

Gender: Male

Height: 6’2”

Weight: 200

Hair Color: Black

Eye Color: Black

Visual Description: See pic

Written Description: A powerful, equine with long black hair.

Job: Muscle for Checkmate

Calling Card: 10 of spades

Cover Job: Private Investigator

Personality: Jaq is clever and resourceful as ever. He is a smart mouse in the body of a stallion. He is honest and hard working.

Likes: Cheese!!

Dislikes: mouse traps

Talents: He is great with a rifle.

Brief Background: Jaq went back to the fairy god mother and asked to be a horse/equine forever. She granted his wish. He is good at what he does. Most equine are not very bright, Jaq is the exception. People almost always under estimate him.

Ons: Tits and Tail!!

Offs: Cats

Primary Weapon: 50 cal Sniper rifle.

Secondary Weapon: two 9 millimeters side arms

Magic: None

Extra: He still keeps in contact with Gus-Gus and Cinderella.
 
Boy Blue

HC - Would you be okay with Boy Blue from fables with the Witching Cloak as his "magic" and something like a magic Sword (doesn't have to be Vorpal) as his primary weapon? Otherwise I could go with the Horn of Gabriel. Either way he'd be a Breacher, which is what he did in Fable.
 
HC - Would you be okay with Boy Blue from fables with the Witching Cloak as his "magic" and something like a magic Sword (doesn't have to be Vorpal) as his primary weapon? Otherwise I could go with the Horn of Gabriel. Either way he'd be a Breacher, which is what he did in Fable.

This isn't Fables. I want players to use only weapons or items specifically from the fairy tale, nursery rhyme, or fable that they choose a character from (other acceptable genres - Wizard of Oz, Alice in Wonderland, and Beatrix Potter). This way, it prevents other players who choose to say, for example, since you mentioned vorpal blade. If an Alice joined the game, and Boy Blue had the Vorpal Blade, it wouldn't make much sense. It would make more sense for Alice to have it as a weapon since it comes from her story.
 
This isn't Fables. I want players to use only weapons or items specifically from the fairy tale, nursery rhyme, or fable that they choose a character from (other acceptable genres - Wizard of Oz, Alice in Wonderland, and Beatrix Potter). This way, it prevents other players who choose to say, for example, since you mentioned vorpal blade. If an Alice joined the game, and Boy Blue had the Vorpal Blade, it wouldn't make much sense. It would make more sense for Alice to have it as a weapon since it comes from her story.

Yeah that's like your Disney game. Okay. Let me mull that over because I was really excited to continue exploring that character which I'd been developing on another thread.

Maybe the Cashire Cat. I could make that work.
 
Name: Robert E. Bit

Alias: The Frog Prince

Nickname: Ribit

Fairy Tale Inspiration: The Princess and The Frog

Age: 39

Gender: male

Height: 6'1"

Weight: 170 pounds

Hair Color: brown

Eye Color: striking green

Visual Description: None

Written Description: Tall and lanky, with long fingers and a slender build. Not exactly thin, but certainly not overly muscular. Slightly green tint to his skin. He has a very round face with wide eyes, a thin mouth and a long tongue. His hair is slicked back.

In short, he has a lot of frog like features.

Job: Collector.

Calling Card: Six of hearts

Cover Job: Owner and proprietor of "The Lily Pad" a popular bar amongst the fables.

Personality: Seems nervous and jittery at first, but this is just a cover. He is really a calm operator, who likes to plan ahead and always be prepared. Distrusting of most people.

Likes: Good alcohol, gambling and historical novels.

Dislikes: Any trouble around his bar.

Talents: Good at cooking and mixing drinks. Also good at reading people.

Brief Background: After a very nasty break up with the princess who turned him back into a human, he regained some of his frog like characteristics. He went and started his bar, which gained so much popularity that it attracted the attention of Checkmate as an information gathering hub. He began working as a collector in return for their protection from gangs and police alike and has been doing so ever since.

Ons: Loves oral, both giving and receiving.

Offs: Dislikes anything involving pain and humiliation.

Primary Weapon: Carries a 9mm pistol.

Secondary Weapon: Keeps a knife in his right boot "just in case".

Magic: None, unless you consider prodigious swimming and jumping abilities.

Extra: While he might work for Checkmate, the only thing that he cares about is his bar. He would go to any length to protect it.
 
I like how you applied the Frog Prince's collect occupation with his cover. Very nice. You also added a place where everyone can visit. :)
 
The Cheshire Cat

Name: Chester Carroll
Alias: Cheshire Cat
Nickname: Chess (affectionate), Cheese (less so) or Asshole (quite often)
Fairy Tale Inspiration: Alice in Wonderland and before that from A classical dictionary of the vulgar tongue
Age: Appears to be a twenty-something.
Gender: Androgynous but male-like.
Height: Fluid. Either a cat or a man, he's around 5'.
Weight: Fluid. Either as a cat or a man, he's around 100lb.
Hair Color: Golden brown tabby.
Eye Color: Gold.

Visual Description:
Cat form - https://www.zerochan.net/179913#full
Man Form - http://images5.fanpop.com/image/pho...d-american-mcgees-alice-30847298-600-1095.jpg

Written Description: His appearance is fluid with is glamor, but he does like keeping his cat tail and ears with other hints of his feline nature when he dons his human seeming. As a cat he is both cuddley and vicious.

Job: Breacher*– specializes in an assortment of skills: hacking, escaping, sneaking, spying, stealing, confusing.

Calling Card: The Knave of Diamonds.

Cover Job: Advertisement with side artist gigs, mostly visual art.

Personality: He is mischievous and takes pleasure in misdirecting. He is quick to play practical jokes. He has a sarcastic streak. He enjoys breaking things and thinking way, way outside the box.

Likes: Raw meat, milk, and cheese. Rhyming poetry. Napping.

Dislikes: Water. Logic. Being Dirty. Responsibility.

Talents: Breaking and confounding. Very creative and artistic. Great visual and olfactory abilities.

Brief Background: What is often misconstrued in the poems of his creation is that the Vorpal Sword was a weapon, as Vorpal Sword really means a very cutting verbal gospel, which is to say that the while Chess has never been entirely religious the Jabberwocky was such an atheist that when converted it was thusly vanquished. Chess came into being as an artful series of constructs to aid protagonists in solving difficult problems with non-obvious solutions.

Since those times, he has had on occasion to serve both as foil and fuel for the many protagonists that have crossed his path. He wanders with apparently randomness through the successive encounters that one might string together and call their life. To Chess it is all just a series of inspirational montages as only the truly boring and depressed remember every detail of their lives and no one who is living has time to relive every detail lf their lives!

And so in many ways, Chess's background is both well known and inconsequential. He doesn't at least care to know it nor find it of great consequence. Sure he helped a lost girl defeat a dictator. He's helped topple many people who have tried to organize society in predictable, boring patterns to fuel their own delusions. Chess believes a persons delusions so be their own and while they can be inflected upon others, it shouldn't be done with great expectation of long term impact or consequence.

He has proof of this, because children never care very much about the details of their parents lives and as they grow old they care less so even about their own childhood other than a few details here and there. They have even less time to care about the biography's of others they do not know.

Chess does love drinking and eating at the Lily Pad.

Ons: Anything oral or unpredictable.

Offs: Anything dirty or predictable.

Primary Weapon: His mouth can open very large and possesses very sharp teeth. On the few occasions he fights, he prefers to sneak up on people and rip out their throats.

Secondary Weapon: Grappling Hook Gun (like batmen's).

Magic: Glamor. Chess is often assumed to have the ability to teleport and change his size, but it is all an aspect of his glamor. In fact, he manipulates light allowing him to turn invisible, change his appearance, or appear for parts of his body to be in different places at different times.

Extra: As person who embraces the fact that life is madness, he doesn't care too much for possessions. He gets bored quite readily and so anything he does acquire does not stay as such for long.
 
Last edited:
The only thing I have to say is not to character assassinate the Jabberwocky just leave it vague. If someone comes along and plays it, then it won't be dead and the player may not write a background that goes typically along with the tale.
 
The only thing I have to say is not to character assassinate the Jabberwocky just leave it vague. If someone comes along and plays it, then it won't be dead and the player may not write a background that goes typically along with the tale.

Sure thing. I updated it. And if Jabby comes online, I'm happy to tweak things.
 
All righty. I finally updated the OP with the current roster of characters. We're always accepting more and if you wish to play more than one character, then you may do so. Whatever inspires you but don't overwhelm yourself. :)

Hey maiden, since you're writing for the Boss, do you have any plans for what kind of establishment Checkmate will be? Mansion, Hotel, Casino, Night Club, etc.
 
If the mayor is the boss, i’ll need to adjust his bio. Mayor’s private mansion is my thought? For a starting plot line since I don’t have a right hand man/woman maybe something happen to him/her? Need to pick a new person from within or recruit someone outside. Also who is taking out checkmate members? Etc.

Thoughts?
 
If the mayor is the boss, i’ll need to adjust his bio. Mayor’s private mansion is my thought? For a starting plot line since I don’t have a right hand man/woman maybe something happen to him/her? Need to pick a new person from within or recruit someone outside. Also who is taking out checkmate members? Etc.

Thoughts?

No. I thought you chose the Boss of Checkmate. Never mind. The Mayor is not the Boss of Checkmate.

Checkmate's enemies can be at times vigilantes, law enforcement, and other gangs. They liaison with the police and the mayor to maintain somewhat positive relations with the city and its defense.
 
Last edited:
Hey,

I want to apologize all for the slow start. IRL has risen suddenly in busy tempo. Since no one has opted to take the Boss position, I may do so with The Devil.
 
Hey,

I want to apologize all for the slow start. IRL has risen suddenly in busy tempo. Since no one has opted to take the Boss position, I may do so with The Devil.

No problem, RL has been pretty hectic for me, too. I'm considering making a character who's a cop. Maybe Pinocchio?
 
Name: Alice Catherine Liddell
Alias: Olivia A. Thatcher (nom de plume, for anonymity)
Nickname: Allie Cat, Cat, Quill, Kitty (affectionate)
Fairy Tale Inspiration: Alice's Adventures in Wonderland/"Alice in Wonderland"
Age: About 19-21 in appearance, though well over one hundred years old. Of course, it's impolite to ask a lady her age.
Gender: Female
Height: 5'0"
Weight: 122 lbs.
Hair Color: Platinum Blonde
Eye Color: A very lucid shade of teal. It fluctuates between a deep oceanic blue, to a vibrant robin's egg hue, to very nearly a sharp tone of grey with varying light. She jokes that her mood reflects how deeply blue her eyes may be.
Visual Description: Here
Written Description: There's not much notable of Alice. She is a dainty, petite woman, with a complexion that would be wonderfully clear and worthy of envy if not for the spattering of light brown speckles across the bridge of her nose. She typically wears an elegant pair of black wire frame glasses and is terribly hard at seeing without them these days. Her hair has a habit of fluctuating between a number of different styles, at times confusing those around her, for she may be sporting five feet of beautiful silvery-blonde hair one day, and the next have one side shaved and a rather edgy splash of color on the remaining length. She typically dresses the part of a Journalist, in pencil skirts and neatly pressed blouses, with thigh high stockings and kitten heel pumps. She does have a habit of going rather 'under-cover' from time to time... all part of the fun and excitement of getting out a juicy story to the public, or exposing the New Fantasia's most dastardly fiends.
Job: Journalist, unassociated with Checkmate
Calling Card: N/A
Cover Job: N/A
Personality: She may be a small woman, but don't let that fool you, what she lacks in stature she atones for in attitude, sass, willpower and perseverance. Alice is typically outspoken and adventurous, a little quirky and endlessly goofy at times, with a certain sense of curiosity that almost always leads her into trouble. She can't quite help it, when something seems amiss, or when she's following a lead, she will dig herself deeper and deeper into a hole to sate that endless curiosity. She seems restless more often than not (likely attributed to her rather intense coffee addiction), and she seems to have a very sound and true moral compass. She is prone to becoming very passionate and emotional, and will not hesitate to stand up for what she believes is right... even if it may put her in harm's way.
Likes: Triple shot caramel lattes with whipped cream, peppermint mochas and coffee cakes, dark chocolate, cats, red wines and chardonnays, laptops, sticky-notes, ballpoint pens, stake-outs, long nights at the office, decorating her cubicle, chess (either alone or with a companion), most traditional holiday celebrations, jazz music, libraries, live poetry readings, men with neatly trimmed beards and well tailored suits, men in uniform, getting the exclusive on a story before anyone else can, bringing down bad guys and saving the day.
Dislikes: Smoke (especially blown in her face, gross), days when she doesn't have time to stop for her caffeine fix, traffic, drugs, gangs, violence, watching anyone treat homeless people badly, dogs, her insomnia and anxiety, being followed or watched for too long, loud eaters, losing track of time or getting lost, people who give bad directions, women with bad bangs, stray cats that run away from her when she's trying to pet them... and rabbits who may do the same.
Talents: She plays the violin, doesn't typically miss any details of any situation (she has a photographic memory), she can squirt milk out of her left eye, and she's pretty good at vacation planning though she rarely takes vacations herself.
Brief Background: It goes without saying that Alice became something of a local celebrity for following a rabbit down a hole, getting trapped in a strange frightful place in which she never felt stable as she was either entirely too large there or entirely too small, and she matched wits with an evil Red Queen to gain her freedom. She liked to pretend it was all a dream but some part of her felt good, for freeing an entire world from the clutches of evil.. and so, when Alice grew up, she decided she wanted to help people. What better a way to do so than to become a journalist? She's documented victims of human trafficking, she's helped condemn slum lords and chased out loan sharks with her journalism (and a few friendly paralegal companions she keeps), and as of lately she's taken to following the whispers and snippets of information she can get on the latest crime wave to sweep over New Fantasia... a rather illusive group of people who operate under the term 'Checkmate'.
Ons: Being tickled... it's odd, and involuntary, but she can't help it. Dangerous situations, the thought of being caught (she's a bit of an exhibitionist... too many nights fooling around with co-workers in the office while the janitor did his rounds), kisses or nibbles along her neck, collarbones, and hips, rope, leather, spanking, hair-pulling, safe-words, biting and overall rough romps, bad boys, men in uniform, well-dressed women, bright red lipstick and very short pencil skirts.
Offs: Guys who can't take a hint, being forced to do anything she's expressively declined, being degraded or humiliated, inexperienced or just plain bad partners who think to rush a good thing, anyone attempting any 'love-making'... she's rather terrified of falling in love.
Primary Weapon: Well.. she really isn't fond of hurting anyone in all honesty. She does carry a lipstick taser. It's actually pretty powerful, yet non-lethal.
Secondary Weapon: She keeps a .380 ACP Beretta Pico in her purse, but she's never used it and hopes she'll never have to.
Magic: Alice can alter the perception of her image at will... what she wants you to see is what you will see, which often gives her the illusion of being able to shape-shift or change her appearance at will. Of course, she can't really shape shift, she can only apply a sort of glamour to herself that might make her hair seem black, her skin tan, her height taller or voice deeper. Her magic isn't very strong, seeing as it is based entirely on the strength of the mind she's manipulating. Anyone with a particular strong will may easily be able to break through her guise... though, to be fair, Alice has never much practiced her illusions, and so she may be susceptible to strengthening her guises with time.
Extra: Alice speaks with a posh British accent. She prefers not to drive in an attempt to be more economic, but she has a little black Beetle. She has a pet cat, named Dinah, who she is terribly fond of and is perhaps her best friend... Dinah is a bit of a bitch, and yes, she can and often talks to Alice--particularly when she's attempting to talk her out of something, like the date she scheduled with that cute accountant guy because he's bound to be boring or stalking out one of those potential gangsters she'd been trying to expose to the public.

----

Late to the party, been stalking this idea for a while though. ;) I'm contemplating a secondary character at the moment. If you'd be so kind as to reserve "Maleficent" for me, I'll see if I have the time for it before I take the liberty!
 
Last edited:
Alice is good to go. However, Maleficent is not. Maleficent is the Disney character. In the real story, I don't think she had an actual name but I want to avoid any Disney analogies.
 
Name: Pinocchio Geppetoson

Alias: none

Nickname: none

Fairy Tale Inspiration: The Adventures of Pinocchio

Age: 31

Gender: male

Height: 5'10"

Weight: 160 lbs

Hair Color: Black

Eye Color: Brown

Visual Description: none

Written Description: Average height, but toned. He has a mischievous smile, with long, angular face. He has short black hair, which is usually fairly messy. If he is stressed or just busy, he has stubble along his jaw.

He almost always wears his police uniform.

Occupation: Police detective, not part of Checkmate

Calling Card: n/a

Cover Job: n/a

Personality: While he still has a mischievous streak, he is extremely honest and always does what he believes is right. He can often be naive and will go against his superiors orders if he thinks that they are unjust. He is very determined and self confident.

Her background: After becoming a real boy, and later a real man, he ended up in New Fantasia along with everyone else. His eye for detail and honest and just nature led him to join the police, and later become a detective. He does not yet know about the existence of Checkmate, but he suspects that some large criminal organisation is at work in the city.

Likes: Solving mysteries, woodcarving, listening to music

Dislikes: liars, paperwork, people who see others as inferior

Talents: He has an extreme eye for detail that often helps him solve crimes. He also has a very hyperactive mind and is always thinking about something. He is also a good shot with a pistol, though he will always avoid a shoot out if possible.

Ons: He's an ass man, and enjoys anal. He also fantasises about tying women up, though he's never gotten the chance.

Offs: He hates fast sex.

Primary Weapon: Carries a Glock 22 in a belt holster

Secondary Weapon: He also keeps a pump action shotgun in his car, though he has never had to use it against anyone and he hopes to keep it that way.

Magic: He can always tell if someone is lying, though he can't tell what the truth is.

Extra: He took his last name from his creator, who he saw as his father.
 
Alice is good to go. However, Maleficent is not. Maleficent is the Disney character. In the real story, I don't think she had an actual name but I want to avoid any Disney analogies.

For example, compare the two versions of the story. In Basile’s “Pentamerone,” the tale takes the title of “Sun, Moon and Talia,” a pre-existing folk tale that predated the Neopolitan’s time.

The basic plot: When the king’s daughter Talia is born, wise men foretell her future and the great danger she could face from a splinter of flax. The king, of course, orders that no flax or hemp should ever enter the castle. Yet, after Talia grows up, she comes upon an old woman spinning the thread and … well, you know where this story goes, right? A splinter under her fingernail causes her to fall dead; the king is beside himself with grief and locks his daughter away in a castle that he abandons forever.

Now, if you’re like most Americans of a certain age and have been raised on the story of Sleeping Beauty from beautifully illustrated storybooks or an equally beautifully illustrated animated film by Walt Disney, you might not recognize key elements of the story from this point. Because, in Basile’s account, a hunter comes along after a hundred years and, after a while, finds the princess. Naturally, he’s captivated by her beauty. But rather than an enraptured embrace and true love’s kiss, well … he rapes her.

He rapes her in her comatose sleep.

This more than 400 years before Maleficent will become the infamous villain of the tale we now know.

After this deed, our Talia is with child – in fact, two. Giving birth to a boy and a girl while still asleep, the newborn babes try to suckle at their mother’s breast. One does, but the other cannot and is forced to suck on Talia’s finger that had suffered the piercing wound so long before. Incredibly, though, the child sucks the splinter from the finger and revives Talia from her slumber.

The rapist king, perhaps as despots do, later remembers his time with Talia and goes to see her again, ultimately delighting in the fact that he now has a new young mistress and two young children. It’s a win-win and it’s good to be the king.

The king’s wife, however, doesn’t share the same delight. She makes plans to draw the children and Talia out and have the king’s cook kill them and serve them to the philandering leader to eat unknowingly.

The softhearted cook, however, puts off the deed as long as he can and kills a goat to cook and only pretends to serve the king his offspring. The king’s wife eventually understands the cook’s disobedience and captures him, Talia and her children. She then prepares a boiling cauldron of poisonous snakes and other horrible creatures and readies to throw the cook, the kids and our sweet Talia into their very un-Disneylike demise.

At the last minute, though, the king arrives, forcing his wife to off herself by jumping into the roiling liquid death she, herself, had prepared for the innocents.

Thus endeth the story; goodnight, kids, sleep tight.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/trav...terrified-even-maleficent-20140529-story.html
 
Thank you kindly for the insight kizkiz, I was certainly aware like most fairy tales that Sleeping Beauty was a bit of a darker story... no worries HotCider, I understand your desire to deflect away from the Disney side of things. Certainly slipped my mind with how mainstream Maleficent has become that she was a rather minor piece in the Sleeping Beauty story. So I'll run with Alice for now, and toy with the second character idea later once I've brushed up on a few fairy tales and fables--it's actually surprising to me how few of them actually have fairies now that I'm going back and looking through them, hahahah. :D
 
Thank you kindly for the insight kizkiz, I was certainly aware like most fairy tales that Sleeping Beauty was a bit of a darker story... no worries HotCider, I understand your desire to deflect away from the Disney side of things. Certainly slipped my mind with how mainstream Maleficent has become that she was a rather minor piece in the Sleeping Beauty story. So I'll run with Alice for now, and toy with the second character idea later once I've brushed up on a few fairy tales and fables--it's actually surprising to me how few of them actually have fairies now that I'm going back and looking through them, hahahah. :D

If HC would let you, i'd go the route of https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frau_Totenkinder.

I was debating about tossing her in there, as a mogul on abortion clinics (she gets her powers from the death of babies), but she's pretty grey these days enough to be a leader of Checkmate or other senior post.
 
Back
Top