Role Playing

Role playing has intrigued me for quite some time, and I've attempted it a couple of times as well. My problem seems to be my writing skills, or lack of. It takes me so long to write a response that I think will work to the point where the person I'm role playing with gets impatient with me, which is probably expected. Plus what I've written a lot of times falls under heavy criticism. The last guy I tried role playing with ridiculed each of my responses to the point where I just started crying and then just gave up. I haven't tried again, and would have to have a great incentive to even attempt role playing again.

I think I'm probably better suited as an observer of others playing. Maybe it's not as fun, but that's better than antagonizing someone.

I think you just need to find someone with patience. Practice makes perfect.

Role playing has intrigued me for quite some time, and I've attempted it a couple of times as well. My problem seems to be my writing skills, or lack of. It takes me so long to write a response that I think will work to the point where the person I'm role playing with gets impatient with me, which is probably expected. Plus what I've written a lot of times falls under heavy criticism. The last guy I tried role playing with ridiculed each of my responses to the point where I just started crying and then just gave up. I haven't tried again, and would have to have a great incentive to even attempt role playing again.

I think I'm probably better suited as an observer of others playing. Maybe it's not as fun, but that's better than antagonizing someone.

Sorry to hear that Mrs blue. No one should ever be critisised for trying, that is just rude. If things are working then a polite message and no replying is the way to do it. I would love to try role playing with you if you do want to try again?

I appreciate all of your kind words. Perhaps someday I'll give it another whirl, but I don't think right now is the best time.

Don’t give up if it intrigues you so. You have been treated badly and I’m sure there will be others who will help you along and be far more accommodating. You didn’t deserve to end up feeling like that when you are baring yourself.

Also be you and go with your natural reactions and responses rather than some elaborate scene of being someone else.

Last edited:
I appreciate all of your kind words. Perhaps someday I'll give it another whirl, but I don't think right now is the best time.

Sorry to hear its gone badly for you because it can be incredibly stimulating and fun with the right partner. Sometimes it takes a while to find a like minded person. Your slow response time can be a problem unless you start from the beginning with the understanding that the RP will b e long term which means each partner can take whatever time they need. It also helps to have a "backroom" discussion going on at the same time to RP direction or other details can be worked out behind the scenes. That's not for everyone either, but I do it with my partners and they usually love it.

Always willing to try something and do a little coaching from behind the scenes if that's what you think you'd like.

From what I've seen of some of the online role playing here and the few times I've tried it here I can't say it's worth a lot. It seems like most people want to drag things along for a long time and create some really unrealistic scenarios...… sex with alien beings, medieval knights and ladies, and stuff like that. Doesn't work for me.

On the other hand, I think IRL role playing could work well IF you had people who were truly willing to let themselves go and get into it. For various reasons, I've been involved in the past with some improvisational scenes and role playing and if the people are uninhibited enough to go with it, sometimes it can become very realistic. A sort of acting that can create intense emotional reactions.

If I were to try sexual role playing, (and I wish I had the right person/people to do it with) it would have to be with someone willing to go all the way with it and push boundaries without fear. Unless there is an honest commitment to carry it through, it would degenerate to "playing house". However, it would be different from a lot of simple "BDSM play" which I've done on many occasions. It would have to involve both (or as many as involved) adopting completely different personas.

T

From what I've seen of some of the online role playing here and the few times I've tried it here I can't say it's worth a lot. It seems like most people want to drag things along for a long time and create some really unrealistic scenarios...… sex with alien beings, medieval knights and ladies, and stuff like that. Doesn't work for me.

On the other hand, I think IRL role playing could work well IF you had people who were truly willing to let themselves go and get into it. For various reasons, I've been involved in the past with some improvisational scenes and role playing and if the people are uninhibited enough to go with it, sometimes it can become very realistic. A sort of acting that can create intense emotional reactions.

If I were to try sexual role playing, (and I wish I had the right person/people to do it with) it would have to be with someone willing to go all the way with it and push boundaries without fear. Unless there is an honest commitment to carry it through, it would degenerate to "playing house". However, it would be different from a lot of simple "BDSM play" which I've done on many occasions. It would have to involve both (or as many as involved) adopting completely different personas.

Thanks! The different persona is the part I don't get. I've done acting and can even get aroused when I throw myself into a role, but I've never had sex on stage while playing a character. Actually when I have played a character, that character was very much like me so it wasn't hard to do.

I remember going to one of those Medieval places where dinner is served and you are supposed to cheer for your side. Not only could I not get into that at all, it made me feel uncomfortable, slightly crazy and all I wanted to do was flee. I even had the waiter take my food away, untouched. I just closed my eyes and tried to block it all out. I was very uncomfortable and didn't feel better until I was totally out of the building.

I didn't feel any fear or anything like that. More like stupidity and I really couldn't believe that everyone around me could be getting into it like they were. They really seemed to be enjoying themselves.

Back