What are you doing right now? (besides online & on Lit.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Distracting myself from writing this paper.

I should write it. I know it needs to be done.

But, I just don't feel like doing it. :(

It never did rain, damn it!

I've been outside, busting my ass building a back yard pond, and decided to take a much needed break. Came in, put some water on for a cuppa' coffee, turned on the radio (WWOZ!), and came over here to log on and see who might be doing what and with whom. After I'm re-caffinated, it's back out to all that manual labor. A bit of "distraction", here, might be nice, but I'm on a tight schedule, sooooo, have "fun", boys and girls.

Checking the care-o-meter...

633492346461806528-no-one-cares.jpg

Making an ass of myself by not reading a whole post.

Subtlety and sarcasm is lost on me.:rolleyes:

A little happy dance. Two posts done!

Because you're awesome like that. Love the new doo btw. Adorable as always.

Trying to explain to ms kitty here that the couch and my toes are not things for claws. Now she's watching my fingers intently.

Because you're awesome like that. Love the new doo btw. Adorable as always.

Trying to explain to ms kitty here that the couch and my toes are not things for claws. Now she's watching my fingers intently.

Awww thanks, lovely!

Now working on a third post, along with a character bio, an introductory post for a new thread and musing on my October challenge piece too.

grins

Ooh, and making plans for the Hallowe'en party!

winks

"This trope suggests that a woman who rejects sexual advances, or says she's not ready for sex with her new partner yet, is just playing hard to get — or even if she says "no" and means it, her partner might still be able to change her mind. At worst, some misogynists feel entitled to assume without evidence that a woman is harboring a secret rape fantasy, or even believe that she somehow "deserves it". This often goes hand in hand with other aspects of blaming the victim, such as focusing on where the victim was, how she was behaving, and what she was wearing.

Like the dubious strategies of the pick-up artist subculture, and the MRA furor over "creep shaming", the "no means yes" trope, whether applied to rape, stalking, or other predatory behaviour, encourages the misogynist attitude that if a guy wants to get laid, he has to be persistent and not take "no" for an answer. "

Man, RationalWiki can be really interesting.

"This trope suggests that a woman who rejects sexual advances, or says she's not ready for sex with her new partner yet, is just playing hard to get — or even if she says "no" and means it, her partner might still be able to change her mind. At worst, some misogynists feel entitled to assume without evidence that a woman is harboring a secret rape fantasy, or even believe that she somehow "deserves it". This often goes hand in hand with other aspects of blaming the victim, such as focusing on where the victim was, how she was behaving, and what she was wearing.

Like the dubious strategies of the pick-up artist subculture, and the MRA furor over "creep shaming", the "no means yes" trope, whether applied to rape, stalking, or other predatory behaviour, encourages the misogynist attitude that if a guy wants to get laid, he has to be persistent and not take "no" for an answer. "

You looking for ammunition against that guy? Cause really he's just the poster child for birth control.

I've always loved RationalWiki.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back