Wanted In More Ways Than One (Closed for raiguy)

"I don't know," Gwyn mumbled, her head shaking. She looked up at Tay. "I just feel. . . I don't know how to describe it. . . It's a weird feeling. . ."
 
"Try to talk it out if you need it. Just say what comes to your mind and we can see if you get it sorted out," Tay said, moving to the sink to wash his hands.
 
Gwyn nodded and made her way to the couch. She wrapped herself in a blanket and closed her eyes.
 
Tay quickly followed, before sitting next to Gwyn. He didn't know what else to do, so waited to see if she wanted to talk or not.
 
Gwyn waited a few moments, knowing Tay was next to her.

"It's like. . . I'm lost, but I'm not really," she started to explain, "I'm also just scared, and not sure what to think and I just feel. . . I don't know. . ."
 
Tay nodded, before keeping quiet. He wasn't sure if she had more to say, but he was going to wait until she actually asked for his input.
 
Gwyn opened her arms mutely and looked at him. Her lower lip wobbled and she didn't want him to see her cry, but she felt safe to cry.
 
Tay gently pulled Gwyn into a hug, before pulling her onto his lap. He softly rubbed her back, wishing he could do more, but knowing he had to let her work out what she could.
 
Once she felt Tay's hands rubbing her back, Gwyn let loose, crying so hard her ribs hurt. She clung to him like she did the day she told him that she was breaking up with him. Her heart broke then; it felt like it was breaking now.
 
Tay tried to give her as much support as he could, but he wasn't sure what else he could do other than to hold her and comfort her. Anything he thought he could say would just be empty words, as he knew that this was something she had to handle on her own, to learn to control on her own.
 
Once she had gotten her crying under control, Gwyn chuckled dryly, wiping away her tears. "You know, the last time I cried that hard was the last time I saw you," she whispered softly. "Except for once, but I'll tell you about that later." She gave a small smile.
 
Tay smiled, before squeezing Gwyn softly and sliding her off of his lap. He held his hand out to her, a soft smile on his face. "Lets go get what you wanted to from your car, and then come back here and get you to bed so you can sleep as long as you need," he said, trying to let her know he'd be there no matter what.
 
Tay smiled, before leading them back out to his truck, locking the door again. After opening Gwyn's door, he slid into his side, before heading back towards the car. He had rubber gloves in the truck, as well as evidence bags that weren't marked. "Do we need anything other than rubber gloves and bags to store the stuff in?" he asked.
 
Tay smiled and nodded, before speeding along the highway, enjoying the sound of the big diesel engine in the truck. They quickly reached her car, before he parked and turned his hazard lights on. He quickly stepped out, grabbed the bags and gloves, and moved around by her door. "You tell me where everything is, and I'll get it, that way nothing gets messed with if it's needed for later. Once we have it, it stays with me in a safe place," he said, letting Gwyn know it would be safe.
 
Gwyn shook her head. "I know where everything is," she said. She grabbed a pair of gloves and a few bags and she went to her car and began shoving everything into them. She shoved in all sorts of things. Drugs, knives, guns, clothes, books, shoes, socks. . .

It took her half an hour to clean out her car, and load it all into Tay's truck. She climbed back in. "It's all there. I wired the car so if anyone tries to open the door, anything left will be destroyed."
 
Tay shook his head, not going anywhere. "Undo the wiring. We don't need actual murder on your resume. If that happens, there's nothing that will stop the state of Texas from seeking the death penalty," he said, stepping out of the car and waiting until she followed his order.
 
Tay nodded. "Yes. We are trying not to get into more trouble, so we need to not do things like that," he said softly. He wasn't trying to rebuke her, or belittle her, but he needed to let her know that they couldn't do things like this just to cover their tracks.
 
Tay chuckled as he got back into the truck, before pulling back out onto the highway. "Now, where to. More food, or home?" he asked, driving the speed limit as he waited for an answer.
 
"Let's go home," Gwyn said. She didn't realize how tired she was until she got back into the van.
 
Tay nodded, before taking the next exit ramp to turn around. He knew the drive would take less time, since his truck was recognized by the other policemen, and they didn't pull each other over. He was quickly zipping along through traffic, before finally arriving back home.

He parked, before stepping out of his truck and moving the deep freeze. He pulled a trap door open, before taking what Gwyn had and putting it in, before locking the door and then moving the deep freeze back over the door.

"All set. Now lets get you into a bed," he said, taking Gwyn's hand and slowly leading her to the guest bedroom. "I have plenty of old shirts and shorts that would probably fit if you'd like to sleep in them, " he said, leaning against the door frame.
 
"I'd like that," Gwyn said softly. She looked at him leaning in the doorframe and she smiled, remembering all the times he stood like that before coming to bed. . . The times with Tay were the sweetest she ever had.
 
Back
Top