Random Gamer Silliness

Status
Not open for further replies.
But in Chess, you have only what your opponent has.

It's purely a battle of minds.

It's a wonderful game. I just have one brain tied behind my back. Can't compete with those who can visualize possibilities. I do okay, but I do much better in emotional space than physical space.

But in Chess, you have only what your opponent has.

It's purely a battle of minds.

I play chess. Used to play it regularly. A friend of mine got me an interesting twist for the game called 'Nightmare Chess' which was basically a specialized card deck, that for each player's turn, a new card would be played that would change the complexion of the game (like reorienting the board 90 degrees). It was interesting.

But I still prefer basic chess, even though I barely rate above novice level.

Chess is a game of pure logic. Luck doesn't play much part. I played a lot when I was in high school and college, to the point where I joined the American Chess Federation. We spent many hours in steely concentration over the chessboard at the old club house.

Backgammon is wonderful for teaching probability and the notion of "calculated risk." In the short run, the luck of the dice can play a big role; however, in the long run, skill prevails.

I'm missing Alastair now. :(

Oghren: Yep, lotta tension around here
Alistair: You think so? Do you?
Oghren: Know what I do to relieve tension?
Alistair: I hesitate to wonder
Oghren: I polish the 'ol weapon
[chuckles]
Alistair: Really?
Oghren: Yep. Give it a good shine with a dry rag. Then with a little grease
Alistair: That's disgusting!
Oghren: You're telling me you never gave your blade the 'ol spit shine?
Alistair: I think that's private
Oghren: Really?
[chuckles]
Oghren: Sodding Chantry and its rules. I like to do it right out in the open
Alistair: Where people can SEE you?
Oghren: Yep!
Alistair: Wait... What are you talking about?
Oghren: What are YOU talking about?

But 2 has Fenris.

:cool:

I know you adore him and I respect that. But I hate his glowy, needy, whiny ass. Gimme Varric!

I'd say Anders, but he's only fun for the first two thirds of the game and then after that he's a tedious embarrassment.

I've been playing the Game of Thrones board game with friends. I've never read the books or seen the show but it doesn't matter. The game is amazingly well done. It's like Diplomacy taken three levels higher.

The only video game I play is World of Tanks. It's free and so much fun. :)

http://worldoftanks.com/

I've been playing the Game of Thrones board game with friends. I've never read the books or seen the show but it doesn't matter. The game is amazingly well done. It's like Diplomacy taken three levels higher.

The only video game I play is World of Tanks. It's free and so much fun. :)

http://worldoftanks.com/

Oh, very cool. I've got all the books on audio and although I find them occasionally crushingly disappointing in plot...I also have all of them on audio and it's worth just listening because though he has a very pessimistic worldview...it is his world and he's an excellent writer.

I'll have to check it out. My favorite board game is "Talisman"

I've played all roles, but my best one is a blond haired, blue eyed, bisexual Mage and
he is in love with Fenris.

LOL. Fenris is cool. I haven't got far enough to really influence the whole relationship aspect of it yet.

Downloading

attachment.php

Attachments

• DAO.jpg
    DAO.jpg
    83 KB · Views: 48
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back