Illinois friends!

holy hell it's cold out there today... I love snow, but this negative windchill is for the birds. *warm fuzzy socks* brr...

Almost in IL

Not in IL but pretty darn close. If Mississippi River ran straight north to south, I would be an ILLINI instead of a HAWKEYE.
And YES it is DAMN COLD west of the creek this morning also!!!

Not in IL but pretty darn close. If Mississippi River ran straight north to south, I would be an ILLINI instead of a HAWKEYE.
And YES it is DAMN COLD west of the creek this morning also!!!

Agreed!! Went outside around 7:30 am this morning, and it was a whopping 2 degrees. My car didn't want to start, but finally did. I think the cold woke me up quicker than coffee ever has!

Got to be close to that here, and windy! My truck started okay, but it took forever top warm up enough to sit in it!

OK, nobody finished by Southern Illinois saying, probably because it is corny and directed at a very small audience. I learned it while attending Quincy College and dated a girl from there. The complete saying is: "I kain't today, but I Kinmundy." Dumb, I know, but I thought it was hilarious at the time. Oh, Kinmundy is a small town in Marion County.

Lonely!

I feel so left out. I just worked through the entire thread and didn't see any posts from far northern counties. I'm in Winnebago, but we must all be prudes up here. Nobody on Lit. I haven't been back on this thread for a while and it's great to see that it has caught on. Red, ya done good (and look good too)!

I feel so left out. I just worked through the entire thread and didn't see any posts from far northern counties. I'm in Winnebago, but we must all be prudes up here. Nobody on Lit. I haven't been back on this thread for a while and it's great to see that it has caught on. Red, ya done good (and look good too)!

Come to think of it, I haven't seen anyone from up that way, either.

Downstate must be the place to be!

Hello!

Total newbie here. Still trying to figure this site out. Just wanted to say hi to all my neighbors in northern Illinois.

Boy, this thread just falls apart without Lady Gryphon around huh? We all miss you! Off to school for the second time today, I hate night classes!

Boy, this thread just falls apart without Lady Gryphon around huh? We all miss you! Off to school for the second time today, I hate night classes!

I did too. I'm going to school online now, which has it's own challenges. Trying to run a household, and keep up with schoolwork is challenging to say the least. It takes a lot of self-discipline to ensure I get everything done each week. However, I had a lot of trouble making it to class on time when I went to campus. So, I think that takes more discipline that just logging onto a computer. Kudos to you, I wouldn't want to be out in this cold at night.

I did too. I'm going to school online now, which has it's own challenges. Trying to run a household, and keep up with schoolwork is challenging to say the least. It takes a lot of self-discipline to ensure I get everything done each week. However, I had a lot of trouble making it to class on time when I went to campus. So, I think that takes more discipline that just logging onto a computer. Kudos to you, I wouldn't want to be out in this cold at night.
I'm full-time on campus, 2 trips (25mi. each way) on Wed. That's the tough day, the rest of the schedule is normal, or as normal as it gets when you're 50 sumpthin'! :) Keeps me busy for sure. I'm thinking of an on-line class or two over the summer. I'll be glad when it's all over. AND it's blowing snow sideways over here, hell of a ride home tonight.

I'm full-time on campus, 2 trips (25mi. each way) on Wed. That's the tough day, the rest of the schedule is normal, or as normal as it gets when you're 50 sumpthin'! :) Keeps me busy for sure. I'm thinking of an on-line class or two over the summer. I'll be glad when it's all over. AND it's blowing snow sideways over here, hell of a ride home tonight.

Yikes! I don't think it's doing anything outside right now, I'm not getting out from under my blanket to find out! I know it's still bitterly cold...

Haha, I'm in CRookED County. Grew up near Winnebago, then lived most of my life in Morgan. Believe me, we are not prudes in the north. ;)

oh stop

Cook country is not too bad just a little bent.:) Everyone alway's want's the snow but when it comes they cry. The wheathermen talked about its been a very very mild winter and we get a cold snap and its like it is something brand new go figure.

I'm hoping we can get to spring without a major snowstorm this year. Knock on wood haha.

Back