Entertainment Discussion Forum

He took a while to get used to, but he's grown on me.
I would have liked to see Eccleston run another season, but yeah, David's the Doctor.
And no, no one seems to know why his name gets bleeped on Lit.

I know I tried to fix it twice via edits with no success.

David ******t
David ******t
David ******t

Weird:confused:

My TV viewing schedule has gotten a bit thin. I need to know if there's any new shows out this fall that really look promising.

A show that used to be one of the all-time favorites, NCIS, has just worn on me. I don't think it's overexposure, I really think the writing has slipped down since it's peak. The 8th season was an overall disappointment, and I've lost enthusiasm for season 9. I feel like the characters on the show got too familiar to the writers, so they've gotten into a comfort zone and have stopped making them interesting.

So right now, there's very little I'm actually following, and I have a DVR full of space to keep recorded programs.

I honestly haven't watch much TV in a long time. I'm actually thinking about cancelling my cable and go the Hulu/Netflix route.

Okay, this isn't the most pertinent point in the world, but I really don't like the new girl on house-the little Asian girl (think last episode she said she was Korean?). I'm actually very much in favor of putting a non-hot female on the show, just to mix things up. There's certainly a place for females on television who aren't stunningly beautiful without being the designated "ugly" person.

But her line-reading just isn't very good, especially when she's spouting slews of medical terms. Sometimes I don't know what she's said until Hugh Laurie kindly repeats it for me. It's her voice, or her inflection, or something. It doesn't carry very well.

Also, for some reason (doubt anyone really cares) I've gone back and starting watching Star Trek: DS9. I'm really now appreciating how the writing for that is so much better than pretty much all of the recent films, plus the most recent television series in that franchise. Too bad that "Enterprise" really sank the franchise.

AHS is supposed to be really good, but I don't know anything at all about it

I watched it and thought it was absolutely awful.

And I'm extremely forgiving with anything horror related. It simply didn't do anything for me.

Also, for some reason (doubt anyone really cares) I've gone back and starting watching Star Trek: DS9. I'm really now appreciating how the writing for that is so much better than pretty much all of the recent films, plus the most recent television series in that franchise. Too bad that "Enterprise" really sank the franchise.

I LOVE DS9!!!!! always have, always will!!! hugs all the seasons she has on DVD

And when you mentioned writing, it reminded me of this:

315650_297130750316385_205344452828349_1141098_1492391714_n.jpg

I LOVE DS9!!!!! always have, always will!!! hugs all the seasons she has on DVD

And when you mentioned writing, it reminded me of this:

315650_297130750316385_205344452828349_1141098_1492391714_n.jpg

Don't forget that if a guy really loves you, he'll stalk you and watch you sleep. nods

But yes, I really like the show, too. It really knew how to let its subplots simmer for a while, and develop slowly. I'm still on season 2 (I've seen it before, just watching again) and I like how friendship between Bashir and O'Brien, which was planned out from the beginning, is still developing. O'Brien doesn't him QUITE as annoying as he used to.

Don't forget that if a guy really loves you, he'll stalk you and watch you sleep. nods

But yes, I really like the show, too. It really knew how to let its subplots simmer for a while, and develop slowly. I'm still on season 2 (I've seen it before, just watching again) and I like how friendship between Bashir and O'Brien, which was planned out from the beginning, is still developing. O'Brien doesn't him QUITE as annoying as he used to.

I'm assuming that's a twilight thing (never seen it lol, yes I'm a loser? sure!)

I'm such a Star Trek geek...I will have to say it'll started with a guy, he loved it and I made sure to love it as much as he did...I guess I loved it more after awhile? LOL

It was DS9 that got me into RPs, not SRPs, I was too young at the time (hehe) to know what that meant ;)

I love Odo. He's like the coolest. He's...wow...
OH! And the Bajorans! sighs contently as she remembers her Bajoran character damnit, now I want to write something about that....

I'm assuming that's a twilight thing (never seen it lol, yes I'm a loser? sure!)

I'm such a Star Trek geek...I will have to say it'll started with a guy, he loved it and I made sure to love it as much as he did...I guess I loved it more after awhile? LOL

It was DS9 that got me into RPs, not SRPs, I was too young at the time (hehe) to know what that meant ;)

I love Odo. He's like the coolest. He's...wow...
OH! And the Bajorans! sighs contently as she remembers her Bajoran character damnit, now I want to write something about that....

And Cardassians...magnificent bastards, all of them. grins

OMG! YES!!!!!!

Except Ziyal.... too emotional sometimes...

I just loved Garak. He was brilliant written, brilliantly characterized, in a way that he was unmistakably Cardassian in his mannerisms, even though Cardassians were mostly the bad guys and he was a sympathetic character. It's good writing when you can give your villains an identity, and then make one of them a good guy without making really that one noticeably different from your bad guys. He just has slightly different beliefs, but his traits are noticeably similar.

I've recently learned that both the creative staff and the actor himself believed he was bisexual, but that aspect of him never made it onscreen. They dropped some occasional hints, but, unfortunately, they didn't want to actively demonstrate it for fear of putting off their viewers.

I just loved Garak. He was brilliant written, brilliantly characterized, in a way that he was unmistakably Cardassian in his mannerisms, even though Cardassians were mostly the bad guys and he was a sympathetic character. It's good writing when you can give your villains an identity, and then make one of them a good guy without making really that one noticeably different from your bad guys. He just has slightly different beliefs, but his traits are noticeably similar.

I've recently learned that both the creative staff and the actor himself believed he was bisexual, but that aspect of him never made it onscreen. They dropped some occasional hints, but, unfortunately, they didn't want to actively demonstrate it for fear of putting off their viewers.

I loved when they did the ones about the Mirror Universe... it was like "Wait a minute....Kira isn't like that?!" I guess it showed me how to tap into my inner evilness to play evil characters in addition to my nice characters...

I loved the arc for Sisco. From being a reluctant starfleet officer to quasi-religious figure. Alot of the episodes focused on his humanity, wrestling with a moral quandry, his relationship with his son....It was the most believable star trek captain I've ever seen in the franchise.

I loved the arc for Sisco. From being a reluctant starfleet officer to quasi-religious figure. Alot of the episodes focused on his humanity, wrestling with a moral quandry, his relationship with his son....It was the most believable star trek captain I've ever seen in the franchise.

I'm thinking that a lot of you haven't read the books in conjunction with the series but those were great and also where I get a lot more of the in-depth character 'feel'. Of course, they're not cannon to the series but they're still great anyway.

And yes, I've read every single book about DS9 out there ;) I had a lot of time on my hands back then, hehe...

I agree...up until the point where they made him half-Prophet. I felt that was a bit...hackneyed?

It's one of those situations where you think about it afterward and find out, "Wait, that's terrible!" *Spoiler*

If I remember right, apparently one of the Prophets possessed the woman who would become his mother, then began a relationship with Sisko's father in that body just so he would get her pregnant, then kept her possessed through the pregnancy until she had the child, and then left that poor woman's body. And these are the guys he spends all his time serving? Basically, raped a woman, forced pregnancy on her, defiled her body, then left her with no memory of what happened. Kind of frightening.

Guess they didn't quite think that one through.

I agree...up until the point where they made him half-Prophet. I felt that was a bit...hackneyed?

It's one of those situations where you think about it afterward and find out, "Wait, that's terrible!" *Spoiler*

Guess they didn't quite think that one through.

Well, when you think about it...what series is perfect? Just go with the flow Noon dude ;)

Back