deleting stories

If that is what you truly want to do...

Use the submission form and paste the exact original title of the story in, along with "delete" at the end.

Add in the notes box: "Please delete this story"

Hit the submit button and it will go poof within a couple of days or so.

I gather it can take a few days, just like submitting a story.

Out of curiosity, what is it you want to can?

I did a Wowser when I checked out the storylist yesterday--20 stories posted in the last three days.

I'm thinking I'll can them all. I stopped posting on Literotica some time ago. I don't know exactly why I decided last week to put all the stuff I've written since I left back on this site, but now I recall why I left in the first place.

Many people favorite my stories, and many people add me as their favorite author, but it seems that the only feedback you ever get is really mean spirited remarks that are in no way constructive. Bitchy comments from unhappy people. I had people following stories for chapters on end and commenting negatively on each chapter (I moderated and deleted some of them). When someone posts negative remarks, then goes to the next chapter and does the same, it feels like being stalked. If they don't like it, why would they keep reading it.

I feel a lot of anger in many of the remarks. I can handle criticism just fine, but not sure why all the anger.

I'm thinking I'll can them all. I stopped posting on Literotica some time ago. I don't know exactly why I decided last week to put all the stuff I've written since I left back on this site, but now I recall why I left in the first place.

Many people favorite my stories, and many people add me as their favorite author, but it seems that the only feedback you ever get is really mean spirited remarks that are in no way constructive. Bitchy comments from unhappy people. I had people following stories for chapters on end and commenting negatively on each chapter (I moderated and deleted some of them). When someone posts negative remarks, then goes to the next chapter and does the same, it feels like being stalked. If they don't like it, why would they keep reading it.

I feel a lot of anger in many of the remarks. I can handle criticism just fine, but not sure why all the anger.

Chronic complainers spew negativity to make themselves feel better about their own failures and shortcomings.

It is less about you and more about them.

If the only comments you are getting are negative, you can either turn all comments off or just all anonymous comments off. Turning the anonymous comments off might do the trick. If you and your stories are being favorited, then you do have a readership here.

You can edit the comments you don't care about out manually, disable Anonymous comments or disable comments completely. Or you can do like me - have a ball reading them. A moron on a rant can be very amusing to behold ;)

Never let assholes decide what you can or cannot do...

If the only comments you are getting are negative, you can either turn all comments off or just all anonymous comments off. Turning the anonymous comments off might do the trick. If you and your stories are being favorited, then you do have a readership here.

I think with some people its a case of "what has been read cannot be unread" its the thought that people can and will be so mean that bothers them.

I would think the positive out weighs the negative here, but it seems most harp on the negative comments and don't acknowledge any of the good ones.

I think it's been borne out that Anonymous will be more inclined to give unfavorable comments than a named commenter will. So, if you just turn off anonymous comments, you are more likely to have more favorable comments than unfavorable ones (unless the story genuinely sucks).

You can edit the comments you don't care about out manually, disable Anonymous comments or disable comments completely. Or you can do like me - have a ball reading them. A moron on a rant can be very amusing to behold ;)

Never let assholes decide what you can or cannot do...

Perhaps I didn't express my feelings well. I think what I'm saying is that if the only interaction with my readers is negative, what's the point of posting here? I don't care about scores, being faved, or even the negative posts. I enjoy writing and interacting with those who enjoy my stories. This site doesnt seem to be conducive to that, for whatever reason. Ive heard the same comment many times on this forum from other authors. If I leave again, for that reason, I can't think why I should leave up my stories

How can you fave a story and not comment???

Just today I've been faved twice and received a glowing e-mail on different stories and none of the three even voted. Readers have no obligation here to give you any feedback whatsoever and they all have their own way of responding or not.

When posters get to the point you have, I pretty much think it's time to stop making suggestions and giving strokes and wave good-bye and say a genuinely-meant good luck finding someplace that meets your expectations.

I trust you now know how to delete them (but with that many, I think I'd send a PM to Laurel, the editor, and ask if she can just delete them en masse rather than sending in each one for deletion).

I might add that when you've dropped twenty stories in three days, you shouldn't have expectations that a fan base will develop in that period--you're swamping the readers.

Last edited:
Perhaps I didn't express my feelings well. I think what I'm saying is that if the only interaction with my readers is negative, what's the point of posting here? I don't care about scores, being faved, or even the negative posts. I enjoy writing and interacting with those who enjoy my stories. This site doesnt seem to be conducive to that, for whatever reason. Ive heard the same comment many times on this forum from other authors. If I leave again, for that reason, I can't think why I should leave up my stories

There is no rhyme or reason. Most of my stories are long and it blows my mind that someone will invest in reading a 20k story, take a minute to send me an e-mail, but take two seconds to click.

But as for your other remark? I looked at a few of your stories and you are getting positive comments as well.

You-I repeat YOU-are choosing to focus on the negative, why? You sais it yourself most of these are miserable people just being more miserable, but a positive one means someone liked it and told you so, shouldn't that mean more?

If you are looking for a place where you will never get a :you suck" good luck finding that and I am not being sarcastic.

Just stick around and concentrate on the people who do like your stuff.

I get told to fuck off and die here on my stories on a regular basis, who cares? I get much more good feedback or constructive criticism rendered in a decent manner and that is what I look at.

Its all about perception I guess.

Back