Happenstance. Chemistry. Randomness.

I

Interested_Girl

Guest
I was in the post office today, and I had a couple things I needed to pick up. As I was standing in line, I looked up and noticed that the cashier was looking at me. There was an elderly man in front of me paying for somehhing (taking his time), which we both acknowledged by smiling at eachother.

But he was taking forever. This other female cashier came by, and started rubbing the shoulders of this male cashier, but he was still staring at me and shrugged her off. He logged off, came around, brushed up against me, took his hand grabbed my elbow and said "viens ici" (come here). And he checked m out privately. He kept smiling and staring at me which I reciprocated. But there was in that moment chemistry. It was happenstance.

I walked out of there excited, and thinking if I will see him again and strike up an actual conversation.

Does this happen to you? Do you reciprocate? How do you feel about it? Does it turn you on?

All your thoughts.

:heart:
L
 
I'll probably go around and spam all your threads,
since I can't decide which one of them is the most interesting to me :)

Sorry for that, but it's your own fault, since you're starting such nice threads.

Yes, it has happened, yes I adore it;
those short moments in life when you realize you's two's paths are crossing
for just a glimpse of time... breathe in deep, savor the moment, try to
slow down time as much as you can... and then, sadly, inevitably,
move on.
 
Bus in Paris

Yes, it has happened to me, once in a bus in Paris a few years ago.

I was standing on the bus, facing the front, when I turned around and was face to face with this beautiful tall woman (I am tall as well). I don't know if she had been checking me out, but she smiled when I looked at her, the kind of smile you only see when someone has been thinking of you in some way. I don't know how to explain it. But she looked me up and down, checked me out I would say, and was about to say something when the woman behind her pulled her sleeve and told her (en anglais) it was their stop (Trocadero, I will never forget it).

I didn't hesitate and got off, too. I followed them a bit, discreetly, but, as she was tall, it was hard to miss her. She looked around and eventually caught my eye, said something to her friend and walked up to me and asked me if she knew me, hopefully, searchingly. Her eyes were, are, beautiful blue green, and when I started to say no, she kissed me on the cheek and dug into her purse, pulling out a business card. I have to see you again, she said. Yes, me too.

It was amazing, electric, and yes, we met later. And again several,times over the years. Another story for another time, but there is nothing like that initial, first look.
 
Nice thread!

Yes, and I love it.

Atomic (Quantum) Entanglement. Chemistry is a real thing. :heart:
 
It is a pretty amazing thing when it happens and when you're open to it, it happens more often than you'd expect. I love those times. If the circumstances allow I definitely follow up (I'm an extrovert).
 
One of the most amazing feelings! I recall once that it happened to me....
We were together for 3 years from that day on.
 
Was a guest at a high-end resort where I was a hostess. It was a vulnerable time in my life but he did not know that. He was much older balding but fit and very cute with a very disarming smile and comforting voice. Long story short he engaged me in conversations the next few days and one late afternoon I was just talking about life with him after I was off the clock and he was an incredible listener. The next thing we were making passionate no-strings-attached love and I haven't seen him since. It was just the right moment I think for both of us and we left it at that.
 
Back
Top