The Naked Party Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
What's with "the clubs" ?.
They were joggin' about doing the disco stuff; the radios were full of it.

Yeah, that's a good point. Except I'm the only one that would have seen the jogging phase. From what I hear, it didn't really catch on in France. Also, they seem to think that "disco" was in the '80s. I'm telling you, they're all insane!

I'd so prefer spending NYE in Dublin, helping kick off the Tourism Dollar Grab.

Yeah, that's a good point. Except I'm the only one that would have seen the jogging phase. From what I hear, it didn't really catch on in France. Also, they seem to think that "disco" was in the '80s. I'm telling you, they're all insane!

I'd so prefer spending NYE in Dublin, helping kick off the Tourism Dollar Grab.

Perhaps 'jogging' was the wrong word. Try 'Jigging' as in bouncing up & down, sideways etc., in a vaguely rhythmic manner.
I recall my Grand-daughter jigging about. She had no sense of rhythm at all.

I avoid dance floors where there is a DJ. Last time I went on one where there was one, I got yelled at by the DJ for being a 'bad dancer'.:mad:

I avoid dance floors where there is a DJ. Last time I went on one where there was one, I got yelled at by the DJ for being a 'bad dancer'.:mad:

And what was your response; withdrawal to the Bar?
An understandable reaction I think, but I think mine these days
would be to ask the DJ to play some of "my" music and not this canned crap we seem to hear all too often.
Then go and dance - like there's nobody else there !

People are still having Disco Parties? Odd . . .
"Odd" is a good way to describe this group.

Perhaps 'jogging' was the wrong word. Try 'Jigging' as in bouncing up & down, sideways etc., in a vaguely rhythmic manner.
I recall my Grand-daughter jigging about. She had no sense of rhythm at all.
My sister and I grew up with disco, even to the point of having our own "dance contests," both thinking we were pretty good. Do I really want to do this today? No.

:mad: So... if you got yelled at for being "bad," there must not have been all that many people on the floor at the time. I would have yelled back at the DJ on your behalf.

Well, it looks like I have my costume for the show!

How the hell could he have yelled at you for being a bad dancer? At most clubs these days the guys just stand around while the girls rub their asses against their crotch. One of the reasons I prefer a quiet bar (or maybe a rowdy dive) over a nightclub any day. But yeah, that DJ was a jerk.

Yeah, quiet bars are better.

The thing that's still getting me about the DJ yelling at topace... if the DJ could see him, there couldn't have been that many people on the dance floor. If that's the case, it tells me the DJ isn't that good. All DJs want people dancing - that's their job. So, if one of the most likely very few guys on the floor is getting yelled at, why would anyone else want to attempt dancing after that?

I also agree with HP. The "canned" stuff today is crap.

Thank you.
It seems that music 'producers' rely on a computer-driven machine for almost everything.

The ideas of Rhythm, Rhyme & Harmony (see Doby Grey) have sunk into a very deep hole. There are too many talent-free zones masquerading as a Pop phenomenon, complete with oodles of publicity & 'gossip'.

That is, until the next one appears.

Thank you.
It seems that music 'producers' rely on a computer-driven machine for almost everything.

The ideas of Rhythm, Rhyme & Harmony (see Doby Grey) have sunk into a very deep hole. There are too many talent-free zones masquerading as a Pop phenomenon, complete with oodles of publicity & 'gossip'.

That is, until the next one appears.
*singing along* "Oh, give me the beat, boys, and free my soul. I wanna get lost in your rock and roll and drift away."

I will admit, growing up in Seattle, I do love the grunge music from here. Nirvana, Pearl Jam, Soundgarden, Alice in Chains; hopefully those fall in the favorable portion of your list. Much better than the crap that is on the radio today.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b0mYZswIU5M
I never did like Nirvana. Now, if you want to talk Heart? I'm all over that. :)

Great song. Every time I'm driving around in my own car, this is the generation of music I sing along with.

Great song. Every time I'm driving around in my own car, this is the generation of music I sing along with.

Dobie Grey had a great influence on a whole crop of musicians.
Many of his songs are more thought-provoking that sing-along (eg., Fluorescent Lights).
It was beautiful music - as a package !

It's already tomorrow in the western Pacific and there seems to be no sign of any apocalypsing going on. I'm sure there are thousands of disappointed folks out there, possibly millions.

Has everyone got their emergency supplies ready? You know:
Torches
Batteries,
torch bulbs
In-date food (in tins)
First-aid kit/s

[to which I guess firearms might be added, but we don't have that problem over here!]

Well, definitely no apocalypsing here (btw, like that word, Bear!). I figure if it really was the end of the world, I wouldn't have been awakened with a bitch of a sinus headache.

It's already tomorrow in the western Pacific and there seems to be no sign of any apocalypsing going on. I'm sure there are thousands of disappointed folks out there, possibly millions.

If yestersday's weather is any indication, the end of the world is coming in the form of ice and wind. ;)

Well, if the world ends after eight forty this morning, I'll at least be able to see it. Right eye patch comes off then and if the second surgery went as well as the first, I'll have twenty-twenty vision for the first time since . . . the second grade? Something like that. Mother finally got glasses for me in the fourth but since bears are notoriously near-sighted I suspect she only did it because the teachers were complaining I couldn't see the chalkboard. But I could sniff out chocolates better than anyone else in class!

Still here. Drat, had $20 riding on the world ending. Thanks for the reminder of the emergency kit, Anna. There is a place down the hill that sells full kits, I'll be sure to pick one up. I also should put together a bug out bag some time.

If yestersday's weather is any indication, the end of the world is coming in the form of ice and wind. ;)
We're getting snow too, but it isn't sticking. It's just making the streets and sidewalks ridiculously wet. I need to finish my Christmas shopping, you know, since the world didn't end. I really don't want to go out in this.

Well, if the world ends after eight forty this morning, I'll at least be able to see it. Right eye patch comes off then and if the second surgery went as well as the first, I'll have twenty-twenty vision for the first time since . . . the second grade? Something like that. Mother finally got glasses for me in the fourth but since bears are notoriously near-sighted I suspect she only did it because the teachers were complaining I couldn't see the chalkboard. But I could sniff out chocolates better than anyone else in class!
I don't think I ever had 20/20 vision. Now, I might not be a bear, but I'm good with chocolate. Good luck with the eye surgery!

Still here. Drat, had $20 riding on the world ending. Thanks for the reminder of the emergency kit, Anna. There is a place down the hill that sells full kits, I'll be sure to pick one up. I also should put together a bug out bag some time.
You're welcome, but I wasn't the one who mentioned the emergency kits.

We're getting snow too, but it isn't sticking. It's just making the streets and sidewalks ridiculously wet. I need to finish my Christmas shopping, you know, since the world didn't end. I really don't want to go out in this.

I don't think I ever had 20/20 vision. Now, I might not be a bear, but I'm good with chocolate. Good luck with the eye surgery!

You're welcome, but I wasn't the one who mentioned the emergency kits.

Haha, you're right. Thanks HP for the kit idea. I really need to stop reading this thread on my phone. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back