What happened to all of the doom and gloom economic threads?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Every

UNION

man

should be SHOT

EVERY

LIB and DUM along with em

Striking NYC Union School Bus Drivers Slash Tires Of Buses Waiting To Pick Up Students…

Unions goons at their finest.

Via NY Post:

Saboteurs stabbed holes in tires of two school buses and deflated tires on 10 others idled by school bus drivers’ strike, authorities and bus company employees said today.

In all, 18 tires were flattened on a dozen buses, said employees of Reliant Transportation’s lot in Greenpoint, Brooklyn.

Police are trying to determine if the vandalism reported this morning is related to the strike by Local 1181 of the Amalgamated Transit Union, which has forced 152,000 children and their parents to find other ways to get to school.

“Some buses had one flat tire some had multiple. One bus had all four,” said Leon Hasting, a Reliant employee who makes sure the buses are in compliance with safety laws and the company’s contracts.

The punctures on four tires mounted on two buses were no accident.

“They looked like they were stabbed with an ice pick or something … These were stabbed on the side,” Hastings said.

Phil-Mickelson.jpg

Tiger Woods admitted that he escaped California to get away from the taxes. But he gets a pass from the media for racial reasons.

Milton Wolf proposes what Mickelson should have said:

I take nothing for granted and work my tail off every day to get better, just like millions of Americans do at their crafts. And it’s not like I didn’t take risks. When so many people told me I should get a ‘real’ job, I held fast to my dream, no matter how unlikely it was, just like so many entrepreneurs in America have done who have made our lives immeasurably better. …

I earned $60 million dollars last year and not a single one of those dollars did I steal from anyone. Not a single one of those dollars did I weasel out of a corrupt system because I bribed — I mean, contributed to — some politician to pass a law that favors me. Not a single one of those dollars did I simply tax away from someone because I could.

Every single dollar that came my way was voluntarily given to me. And people are not idiots. They don’t just give away their hard-earned dollars for nothing. Every dollar they gave me was in return for something that was worth more to them than a dollar, or they wouldn’t have given it up. …

It breaks my heart that America is abandoning the American way of keeping government small so that individuals can become as big as their dreams. And it breaks my heart that my home state, the state I love, is chasing away so many hard-working people and wonderful businesses with their outrageously high taxes. It’s nothing less than a tragedy that the fastest growing population in America is former Californians and the fastest growing industry is former California businesses.

What’s worse, unless we change our ways, unless we stop all of America from adopting the failing California Blue model, I fear we will no longer be talking about former Californians so much as former Americans

But he'd probably end up taking a pretty nasty pay cut not to mention live in a place that almost definitely has worse weather and less activities. He seems to quite enjoy the mountains and. . .yeah you kinda limited if you like mountains at least to the west coast. Once you've been in the Sierra Nevadas the east coast "mountains" are forever mole hills.

Great Zoomie. Now I gotta go get my fix of fries. As bad as I feel about those poor workers I need those fries to survive.

Great Zoomie. Now I gotta go get my fix of fries. As bad as I feel about those poor workers I need those fries to survive.

Hey, at least you're patronizing their workplace and giving them a paycheck feed.

Me, I just get a bag of potatoes and cut 'em up to bake at home! :D

but yah, the fries are the only thing I bother getting if I go to those joints.

Hey, at least you're patronizing their workplace and giving them a paycheck feed.

Me, I just get a bag of potatoes and cut 'em up to bake at home! :D

but yah, the fries are the only thing I bother getting if I go to those joints.

Put me in the proper place and I can be a right terror. McDonalds Fries, Arby's shake, In n Out Burger. If a DQ is available scratch the Arbies and get a Blizzard.

HOPEY-CHANGEY: Gallup Poll: Americans Most Negative On the Nation And Economy In 30 Years.

This iconic photo from the very first days of the Obama Era turns out to have been not merely iconic, but prescient.
hopenchangegoodys.jpg

This is what happens when you kill Granny and Grampy and pay no wages to anyone

MORE PLEASE

A SCOTT WALKER SUCCESS STORY: “Wisconsin budget surplus projected to grow to $484 million.”

ATTN NIGGERS......STFU about the source, This is a lengthy piece, but well worth the read.

It not only gives a detailed breakdown of what might be expected for the second term (and why), but also how much hyper-regulation cost us during the first term and what can be done about it. Here’s the conclusion, for those unwilling to go through the entire thing:

For the next four years, congressional Republicans will have limited opportunities to check the regulatory state—oversight hearings, holds on executive branch nominations, and budget authority. But looking to the long run, the much more difficult question is how they will reform the regulatory state, under a future Republican president, to prevent us from returning time and time again to this dangerous moment.

Four more years.

http://www.weeklystandard.com/articles/obama-s-regulatory-rampage_696381.html

HOPEY-CHANGEY: Gallup Poll: Americans Most Negative On the Nation And Economy In 30 Years.

This iconic photo from the very first days of the Obama Era turns out to have been not merely iconic, but prescient.

Other headlines from Gallup that you forgot to post:

- Obama approval 52%, disapproval 43%
- 53% of Americans say upkeep Roe v Wade, 29% say overturn
- Americans back Obama's gun control proposals (by huge margins)
- Americans see tough but improving job market

www.gallup.com

PG net doubles

Adjusts earnings UP for next year

ALL IS GOOD

Let them eat TAMPONS

No JOBS??????

Shit, they should study GENDER shit at YALE

JOBS will run to them

LEGAL EDUCATION UPDATE: Vermont Law School to Offer Buy-Outs to Faculty Next Month Due to Declining Enrollment. “The downsizing comes as a result of fewer applications over the past three years, VLS officials said, a problem that exists for law schools nationwide as potential students, dissuaded by a lack of open law jobs, don’t bother to apply. Westberg said that about 200 students are set to graduate with juris doctor degrees this spring. She said the school is predicting between 150 and 170 students to enroll this coming fall.”

No JOBS??????

JOBS will run to them

LEGAL EDUCATION UPDATE: Vermont Law School to Offer Buy-Outs to Faculty Next Month Due to Declining Enrollment. “The downsizing comes as a result of fewer applications over the past three years, VLS officials said, a problem that exists for law schools nationwide as potential students, dissuaded by a lack of open law jobs, don’t bother to apply. Westberg said that about 200 students are set to graduate with juris doctor degrees this spring. She said the school is predicting between 150 and 170 students to enroll this coming fall.”

Yes because any day now we're not going to need as many lawyers.

The unemployment rate for college grads is 3.9%
, full employment.

Last edited:
No JOBS??????

JOBS will run to them

Vermont Law School???

Do they give a free oil change with every JD conferred?

Last edited:
Also, Germany is pushing 50% renewable power, is a cold weather climate country, and is kicking our ass economically.

How does that square with your love of the air pollution?

Further - in 10 years we will be buying alternative energy products and tech from Germany and China because we are too stupid, today, to corner the market on the replacement for the carbon based economy.

$400 for the consult. I take paypal, credit cards and cash.

Also, Germany is pushing 50% renewable power, is a cold weather climate country, and is kicking our ass economically.

How does that square with your love of the air pollution?

Further - in 10 years we will be buying alternative energy products and tech from Germany and China because we are too stupid, today, to corner the market on the replacement for the carbon based economy.

$400 for the consult. I take paypal, credit cards and cash.

check energy prices there

Germany, btw, isn't doing well BECUASE of GREEN SHIT

anoter BTW, you do recall when the German Fin Minister told Obama to STFU, cause Obama had no fucking clue and shouldn't tell Germany how to run its economy

check energy prices there

Germany, btw, isn't doing well BECUASE of GREEN SHIT

anoter BTW, you do recall when the German Fin Minister told Obama to STFU, cause Obama had no fucking clue and shouldn't tell Germany how to run its economy

The strength of their economy argues that energy prices don't matter all that much.

I didn't say they were doing well because of Alternative Energy (not just green energy). My point was that they are doing well and switching to AE isn't having the impact on their economy you fear will happen here. AE is going to happen. That's a fact, jack. Should the US be dependent on another country (See, e.g., US dependence on OPEC c. 1975), or make other countries dependent on us?

Will we dance, or play the fiddle?
Will we be the monkey or the organ grinder?

Will we be the ones to scatter our enemies, to drive them before us, to see their cities reduced to ashes, to see those who love them shrouded in tears, and to gather into our bosom their wives and daughters?

Lomborg: Electricity prices for German households have increased 61% since 2000 – renewables blamed

Posted on January 23, 2013 by Anthony Watts

Pursuant to my earlier story today about the article in Spiegel, Bjørn Lomborg writes on his Facebook page:

Real German electricity prices for households have increased 61% since 2000. One quarter of household costs now stems directly from renewable energy. Also, the increase is *not* because of increasing production costs (which have actually slightly declined since 1978).

The increase is due to dramatically increasing taxes, most noticeably from the Renewable Energy Act (EEG). In 2013 the EEG will increase 50% to 6.28 euro-cent (5.28 cents plus 19% VAT).

In June 2011, Chancellor Angela Merkel famously promised to keep EEG prices stable, but this promise has now clearly been broken. The German household will pay 24% of its electricity bill to renewables.

Perhaps this is why more people are stealing wood from German forests (http://*******/VMllfs) and likely why up to 800,000 people can’t pay their electricity bills (http://*******/XcK7nv). Some estimates show costs could escalate to €300 billion by 2030 (http://*******/Qab1Hr).

Notice, that industry still pays much less and about the same as it paid in 1978.

Data from OECD (prices http://*******/10IXX5J, with 2012 estimated from first two quarters from IEA, and adjusted with German Consumer Price Index (MEI), http://*******/UkWaj7)

Real German Electricity price for households have increased 61% since 2000
Real German Electricity price for households have increased 61% since 2000

Real German electricity prices for households have increased 61% since 2000. One quarter of household costs now stems directly from renewable energy.

===========================================================

Maybe this is why Germans are now burning so much wood for home heat, as Donna Laframboise observes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back