Sticky: 2013 Survivor Rules and Registration Thread

I was referring to Group MVP. I've noticed our names appearing together in several of their Digests over the years. I work for them monthly and have been contracted for 4 years. One of these days, I hope to branch out. With my body of work, I'm sure I could handle it.

BrettJ in Canada

I was referring to Group MVP. I've noticed our names appearing together in several of their Digests over the years. I work for them monthly and have been contracted for 4 years. One of these days, I hope to branch out. With my body of work, I'm sure I could handle it.

BrettJ in Canada

I haven't sent them anything since last summer. I don't know if they want me back or not. I wrote under five different names, but they were all similar.

I find you have to chase them down, friend. I have 10 pen names I use and they vary. I write 22 pieces per month and by tomorrow (I'm behind) I will have written 1300 stories for them. I like what I do and the added income. There are a few of us on LIT, including Geronimo Appleby, who I know work for them.

I found it much easier dealing with the boss too, btw.

BrettJ in Canada

Haven't been on Lit for ages, but I miss trying to write erotica, so I'm in. This might finally get me writing again. :)

I am so in this contest.. My intentions are to be an active part. Now what is my next step? Let's Go #teamVickiVale!!!!

I am so in this contest.. My intentions are to be an active part. Now what is my next step? Let's Go #teamVickiVale!!!!

Hi, vicki. Once the 2012 contest has been brought to a conclusion and the winners are announced, I will start a thread for each new contestant that they can go to and set up their scorecards. After that, start listing stories, either smut or carefully constructed erotic tales with plots and conflicts and character development, that you have written. That choice is strictly up to you.

For immunities, which indirectly give the contest its name, go to the opening post of this thread and read the details there.

Last edited:
Does anybody have anything to say about the Chapter Rule. It was put in place a few years ago because some people would write long, rambling stories and divide them into 800 word segments, refer to them as chapters, and submit them as separate entries. Until then, authors took enough pride in their work that they would submit whole stories or, at least, long chapters that did finally come to an end.

I believe the current rule is too rigid, but I don't want to go back to what was happening before. Does anybody have any suggestions?

Hmmm well maybe this will finally get me to write again, it's been too long. Sign me up! :)

Does anybody have anything to say about the Chapter Rule...

I believe the current rule is too rigid, but I don't want to go back to what was happening before. Does anybody have any suggestions?

I'm with you on rule being too restricting and also don't want to see mini chapters filling up categories. Maybe the rule can be changed to allow the chapters, however, in order to submit the story in chapters there needs to be a minimum word count per chapter. I don't know, but I really would like to the Chapter Rule changed since almost every story I have brewing will have real chapters, ya know, 3k+ word count per chapter. It's just a shame for how the rule is now and I can't get credit for my work because some had to cheat the system.

Last edited:
I like chapters but also believe the drama that comes with this discussion far outweighs the benefits of changing things. This particular topic, for some reason, takes folks to another level of rudeness and I don't really know if it is worth the hassle that just might commence.

But if that were the philosophy of this world, then nothing would ever change.

If chapters are reintroduced, I agree they should have a word count that far exceeds the 750 Lit. requirement for a regular submission. I also believe the decision should be reached quickly and we don't hash it out for more than 1 week, if even that long. (more like 3 days would make me happy)

The longer it is hashed out the more likely arguments and other issues will commence and folks that are looking to enjoy this contest will either see it as nothing more than a drama pool, or they simply will not join, which in my opinion doesn't benefit anyone wishing to use this contest as a tool to expand their skills. Nor does it benefit the site to see adults behaving like children.

I may sound harsh, but last year and years past, the bickering on some topics has left a very bad taste in my mouth.

The idea of a word count for chapters works for me, I kind of like the above suggested 3,000 word count.

As for the chapter rule, I prefer keeping things as they are. But I'm not going to get rude about it, nor am I going to pout if it changes. It doesn't really apply to me and I participate in Survivor for fun and personal challenge, not to win.

Chapters

You all know a chapter, just like a story, can be well written in 750 words and requiring 3000 or 30,000 words for a chapter will not improve the quality of the writing. By requiring an extended length for chapters you very well could have dozens of long rambling chapters, instead of concise, sharp ones. Let's not fall into that long, worn out trap by simply assuming more words = good and less words = bad. I think if 750 words is acceptable to Literotica it should be acceptable in the contest whether the submission is a chapter or a story.

The implication that only the writers who write long, wordy, overbearing stories or chapters have pride is not only rude it is simply inaccurate.

I think we should either allow chapters that are in accordance with the site requirements or disallow them. Let's not turn the chapter question into another tool to use to circumvent the site's minimum word count.

Since I really don't feel like actually counting the words in an entry, making it more than one Lit. page would work better. If a story is more than one page long, we know it is over 3,000 words.

Not all chapters would have to be in the same category. For instance, a man and woman get it on and both come and are resting. That first chapter would be E/C. Then another person joins them and that chapter of the story is about a threesome, for Group Sex. Still later, another man comes along and one of the women wants it in her ass, so the third chapter could be Anal Sex.

As long as each of those three chapters is long enough - more than one Lit. page - all three could count in different categories. That would mean one story would fill three spaces and be worth as many as nine points, but that one story would be 11,000 words or more.

ETA: I agree in getting this and other questions worked out before too long. Maybe by the end of next weekend, which would be Jan. 14.

Since I really don't feel like actually counting the words in an entry, making it more than one Lit. page would work better. If a story is more than one page long, we know it is over 3,000 words.

Not all chapters would have to be in the same category. For instance, a man and woman get it on and both come and are resting. That first chapter would be E/C. Then another person joins them and that chapter of the story is about a threesome, for Group Sex. Still later, another man comes along and one of the women wants it in her ass, so the third chapter could be Anal Sex.

As long as each of those three chapters is long enough - more than one Lit. page - all three could count in different categories. That would mean one story would fill three spaces and be worth as many as nine points, but that one story would be 11,000 words or more.

ETA: I agree in getting this and other questions worked out before too long. Maybe by the end of next weekend, which would be Jan. 14.

But what are you accomplishing other than circumventing the site's minimum word limit? By stringing out a chapter to two pages doesn't make it any better or more complete than a 750 word or even a fifty word chapter it just makes it longer.

If you want to insure that the chapters are complete and stand alone you need to do more than just require more words. If you want to penalize a writer who takes the time and makes the effort to trim a chapter or story to its greatest impact and reward someone who just chugs out masses of words you will accomplish that by requiring chapters to be two pages, or three thousand, or some other arbitrary number.

I repeat from my earlier post: I think we should either allow chapters that are in accordance with the site requirements or disallow them.

Zrnko has very valid points. I can see the reasoning behind them too. It also makes me think back to the whole Audio Text conversation and changing things that this site does to accommodate everyone who has issues with the way Lit. does things.

I like the idea of longer word count for the stories, and if that is approved, it needs to be a number, not a Lit. page. Box, I'm sorry if that means you have to check all word count, but there are 3 moderators listed on this contest, so it shouldn't be just your job. If you end up doing all the work, that's your choice and that means if the word count has to be counted than that's your job too. The headache comes with the fame.

One Lit page is roughly 4500 words so 3k for chapters sounds reasonable to me for Survivor. This will deter those who take advantage of Literotica's usual word limit to circumvent the contest to gain points in an underhanded way. I do remember Survivor before the Chapter Rule was in place and it was joke. Of course a well written/edited chapter can be written in 750 words, but that is not the point here since some do it as a sneaky shortcut for Survivor. Such deceptiveness doesn't sit well with other participants.

I think that's a bit too long discuss this.

Red is right, the shorter length of time is better as I can see it getting snippy very quick. Perhaps this weekend through midnight Wednesday 1/9, giving varied times/days for input for weekenders and those who only look at the forums during weekdays.

Back