The Age of Arcanum.

scfasd

Virgin
Joined
Dec 11, 2012
Posts
22
The Age of Arcanum.(OPEN)

Generally, throughout time there stands to be multiple of darkness and sin. Buried in the history books of the various planes of existence both known and yet unknown, there us one age in particular that is looked upon with dread, fear, contempt, and pride.

This is an age known only to it's world as the age of arcanum, and it is a time of devastation that brought an encompassing sphere of havoc over the whole world.

This is known as the singular point in time during which magic was discovered and allowed to roam freely. A time when anyone could elevate their status, prolong their lives, and fend for themselves by learning that which was no longer mythical. A time when new monsters, animals, and races were born.

This particular tale starts off first with the introduction of a single character, but have no fear for the rest will join in time. A character who originally had no intention of risking his life with the arcane only to die an excruciating death at the hands of one of his own experiments, but whose life changed when another began practicing...on him.

William started a normal day at the crack of dawn with his father, tending to a field for a number of hours before running off to play with his friends. His life changed when he awoke not to a new dawn but a smoke riddled sky, and the blood-chilling screams of his neighbors. That fateful night when his village was slaughtered and the children were all placed into cages was a night that he would remember forever.

Not many people know exactly what happened to all the victims of the raiding party when they were eventually rescued 20 some odd years later, but few do actually remember the heroic queen of Severad releasing the disfigured bunches and labeling their captor guilty of using necromancy and alchemy to mutate his kidnapped victims. Fewer remember the ones who actually came out looking mostly normal. Aside from strangely colored eyes, hair, skin, or a strong difference in height a lucky few managed to walk away even after the crowds rioted against the queen and the monsters she released to eventually start their own government.

William with his altered, taller, hardy physique, dark red irises, pale skin, and new black hair managed to walk away from being burnt at the stake. The same could not be said for the other mutants or the inspiring queen, the one who eventually gave William cause to join the Severad army with a pledge to avenge his new late queen.

That same pledge led him to eventually march to here and now. Dressed in a barely functional suit of tooled leather armor, without even a shred of plating or chainmail spared for him. It's almost frightening to his own comrades to see how determined he looks even while wielding a crappy standard infantry issued greatsword made of iron rather than steel. Frightening to see the way his nearly albino features dart inhumanly quick to any source of noise, and stands to be quite alarming how easily he makes something out to be nothing, friendly, or not so friendly, even in the dark.

"Commander says 'tis finally dark enough to march on the keep." Someone whispered off to Williams left, and then was quickly echoed by another on his right. "In the name of Tianna..." The mutant whispered to himself, as 2000 troops steadily stood up and began to tiptoe up to the war ravaged outer walls of the keep of Elios.
 
Last edited:
Back
Top