Justice League: The New Wave (IC)

This I Command.

The round snapped from the steel barrel, whistling in the first second of travel as it rushed with suicidal abandon towards Kobra’s mouth. Before the first bullet was half way the third and last round was on it’s way. Standing up Renegade ran, muscles and sinew snapping and changing leaping over a pile of rubble, he landed with a roll, followed by a tumbled vault.

And he was running, boots snapping on the ground as blades slipped from scabbards. ‘Lets dance, bitch.’

Multiverses and decades away, Captain America-- the paragon to whom all super-soldiers are invariably compared-- once commented that if he didn't blink he could actually watch a bullet fly to its target.

And while his mind was irreparably damaged, his soul irreparably compromised, Kobra's body was on that very same level as Steve Rogers of Earth-616 of that distant Multiverse.

He saw those three bullets fly towards him.

Watched them come.

And-- while superhuman speed was not a power of his, not on the level of Silver Bullet, Velocity, Kid Flash-- he was able to angle himself--

--each bullet drilled into him--

--the sniper rounds pierced even his bullet-resistant vestments, blood spurted behind him--

--they weren't flesh wounds, and they hurt, they hurt like Hell--

--hemorrhaging fluids rushed into spaces they didn't belong--

--he swayed--

--but he stayed standing.

And drew a sword of his own.

And he reached up and yanked that arrow out of his shoulder, an improvised stabbing main gauche counterpoint to the ninja-to he gripped in his other hand.

He welcomed the dance.

He knew all the steps.

"Yes. You insignificant microbes. Let us make an end. Of this day, this fight, this age!"

Insignificant Microbe this

Garfield suddenly popped up in front of Kobra

"Peek a boo"

And in that same instant he was gone, it didn't take a genius to figure that Garfield was using a tiny animal to escape punishing attacks, but did anybody figure that Garfield would become a flea?

Or in this case, hundreds of fleas.

They hopped on to Kobra and burried in under his clothing, some of them having a sample of his skin and blood as the fleas started to swarm every where they could reach in the short time.

Only to turn into Paraponera clavata and chomping down as hard as they could

Renegade

And he reached up and yanked that arrow out of his shoulder, an improvised stabbing main gauche counterpoint to the ninja-to he gripped in his other hand.

He welcomed the dance.

He knew all the steps.

"Yes. You insignificant microbes. Let us make an end. Of this day, this fight, this age!"

Leaping off a pile of rubble, during his run, Renegade hit the ground and rolled, shifting into the smaller female form with the power and strength of the male form driving him. Rolling past Kobra he shifted back to the heavier and more durable male form, blades slashing and twirling.

HE didn’t have The Flashes speed, not that he needed it. He had tens of thousands of years of practical battle knowledge. Scotland. Iceland. Norway. Japan. Egypt. Eons. Thousands of battle. Millions of fallen foes. Yeah Renegade had taken death blows over and over. Again and again.

But when the shit was over, Renegade got back up. In one shape and form or another.

Even against those that claimed to be a God, or Goddess.

Wondergirl

Holding him Wondergirl was waiting for something to happen, unsure just what it was. But then it happened, and was rather unexpected in the way it happened. And then it was done, and she felt like she’d been in a week long marathon. Goddess, she was so tired she could curl up with Rose and sleep.

Later. Definitely later.

Straightening up Karan looked at Rose and static. “Everything good to go? Ass kicking time?” Looking over at Kobra, she sighed. She hated hitting men, they were so weak. A girl could take a punch, but a male? They cried. A lot.

Velocity had hung back from the fight against Kobra. There had just been too much happening and she did not want to rush in and spoil anyone else's plans. Now however it just looked like a straight up slugfest between Renegade and Kobra. It looked pretty even but Velocity had a plan.

She still had the two daggers she had taken and she knew that if the battle continued between these two maybe one or both might not get up. Well Renegade would, again, but only after regenerating or whatever he/she did. The thing was if Kobra died, they would never know if he had any other backup plans in place. That was something she had been taught was pretty standard with these megalomaniacal maniacs.

Waiting for her opportunity she got behind Kobra then sped straight past him in less than the blink of an eye. In that time she had vibrated the daggers in her hands, making them far sharper than any razors edge and with precision had cut both his Achilles tendons. No matter how good the super soldier if they couldn't stand then they would be out of action.

Hopefully he didn't have any more nasty tricks up his sleeve and the rest of them should be able to subdue him.

Moaning as muscles, bone, and tendon protested at moving again so soon, Danni blinked open her eyes. Per normal she scowled as she looked around. “What are you talking about?” she asked, slowly forcing herself into a sitting position. “I never went anywhere.”

“And where are my clothes?” She added, looking at The Green Arrow. “If you’ve been perving on me.. I will beat your ass.”

Connor smiled down at her and then realized that although he hadn't been truly perving, he had been looking. Blushing a little he helped her sit up and then looked around. Damn, there was never a sheet or a handy robe around when you needed it. Well then...

He quickly shrugged out of his quiver and then pulled off the top part of his costume. It was going to be a little big on her but then again that might be good.

"Here put this on," he said handing it to her. He had turned sideways to her so he could keep an eye on what was going on and also an eye on her, though he kept that one focused on her face.

"I guess you don't remember much about what happened here then," he asked her. "Let me guess. You remember a bright yellow light and then me crouching above you, sound about right?"

Danni

"I guess you don't remember much about what happened here then," he asked her. "Let me guess. You remember a bright yellow light and then me crouching above you, sound about right?"

Taking the jacket, Danni slid it on, the feel of the leather on her skin more welcome than she realized. Yeah she usually wore shirts between her and her leathers, but it felt better than being naked. “No. I remember more than the yellow light.”

Zipping the jacket up, most of the way, enough to keep it on, she tried pulling The Rider forwards, but that wasn’t happening. At least not for now. And yeah the jacket was big, but not that long, so ‘parts’ of her were still visible. “Rather have pants.” She grumbled.

“I think, for the moment at least, I’m out of the fight.”

Last edited by a moderator:
Zipping the jacket up, most of the way, enough to keep it on, she tried pulling The Rider forwards, but that wasn’t happening. At least not for now. And yeah the jacket was big, but not that long, so ‘parts’ of her were still visible. “Rather have pants.” She grumbled.

“I think, for the moment at least, I’m out of the fight.”

Connor chuckled at the pants comment but he wasn't taking his off. One thing he would do though was get Velocity to search for some as soon as she was free.

Reaching into his quiver he pulled out the slightly worse for wear bouquet of flowers he had collected and with a shy smile handed them to her.

"They might not be pant's, but you still might be able to hide an essential area with these," he told her. "I wanted to give them to you in a more pleasant setting but....I think now might be a good time."

He looked towards the fighting and saw how it was going. "Besides I don't think they really need us at the moment, still if worse comes to worse I tell you what. You flash him and I will shoot him while he is dazzled by your beauty. How's that for a plan?" he chuckled.

Danni and Green Arrow

Reaching into his quiver he pulled out the slightly worse for wear bouquet of flowers he had collected and with a shy smile handed them to her.

Sighing she looked at him “You do realize I’m older than anyone else on the planet, excepting maybe Renegade, right? I’m possessed by a daemon that hates mortals. Monkeigh, it calls us. Means savage barbarians. I’ve done things that make my flesh crawl, whenever I think about them.”

"They might not be pant's, but you still might be able to hide an essential area with these," he told her. "I wanted to give them to you in a more pleasant setting but....I think now might be a good time."

“And I try not to think about those things. I hate being naked, everyone figures a female that’s naked is a whore and wants to get fucked.”

He looked towards the fighting and saw how it was going. "Besides I don't think they really need us at the moment, still if worse comes to worse I tell you what. You flash him and I will shoot him while he is dazzled by your beauty. How's that for a plan?" he chuckled.

Looking at him she wasn’t sure if he was joking or being serious. “I am not flashing anybody.” She said as she looked around frustrated. “Cyrano tried lines on me once. He was worse than you. And all he wanted was to get into my bed, until I showed him.. the other side of me. He didn’t want in my bed anymore. Same with Rudy, he dropped out of the limelight after that. Scared him stupid I think. So either you really are interested in me, You’re crazy as a hatter, or your brain cells got melted at some point in time and you’re dumber than a box of bricks.”

Iridescent.

She still felt the tingle of power dancing along her soul.

She’d been ready to die. The blast would have destroyed Trigon’s prison, and him with it. If only she had danced with Elemental Lady for another second or two.

In the distance, Raven would hear a sound like the rush of mighty, gentle wings.

And perhaps a whisper, in the fiber of her being.

"...not quite yet."

Que Duel of Fates

Nightwing had watched as the Renegade launched his attack with his blades against Kobra. He smile as he reached into his boot and pulled out a cylinder. He activated a control stud on the device and nearly instantly a blade began to unravel from it. When it was done it was the length of a standard katana blade. He waited until perfect moment to strike and soon much like in the movie Star Wars: The Phantom Menace it was a two on one fight. His and Renegades Qui-gon and Obi-wan to Kobra’s Darth Maul. Hopefully their fight would end much better than that one had for the heroes.

Mr. Fusion.

Virgil felt the probing of his mind but the whisper of rose did not reach him in the haze that remained over his mind. He felt empty and hungry not hungry for food but hungry for something more primal, like air. As he grew weaker without it he became more desperate for it.

He lashed out...

As Virgil reached out with his powers, the accompanying surge and particle flux drove Rose back with a sharp, startled cry... shaking out her hand, her fingertips sizzle-tingling from where they'd been on Static's forehead.

But electrical burns weren't as bad as fire burns, and her moon-pale skin quickly repaired itself-- rebuilt itself cell by cell with a flurry of thought.

She was more concerned with the arcing sparking lightning light show as Static plugged in hard to the bioelectric force-aura that hugged Karan's flesh and gave it the full measure of its invulnerability-- using that bioelectricity as a conduit to draw out of Wondergirl the deep wells of solar power her body thrived on.

...and when the shattering of power subsided, Rose lowered her hand from her eyes and let out a breath she didn't realize she'd been holding, and wondered with her heart in her throat if either her girlfriend or their new friend was still standing...

Straightening up Karan looked at Rose and static. “Everything good to go? Ass kicking time?” Looking over at Kobra, she sighed.

"Oh, thank goodness," Rose breathed.

Apparently Karan could power a small city and not burn out-- though it looked like she'd broken a pretty serious sweat.

But had it been enough? Was Static okay again?

Last edited:
"They can shoot our legs away and we'll crawl at them with knives in our teeth!"

Garfield suddenly popped up in front of Kobra

"Peek a boo"

"Wretch!" Kobra slashed at Beast Boy with blinding speed-- still hadn't forgiven him for that impugning of his deity status a minute ago--

--but of course Beast Boy's shapeshifting was too too fast and Kobra's blade carved aught but empty air.

And in that same instant he was gone, it didn't take a genius to figure that Garfield was using a tiny animal to escape punishing attacks, but did anybody figure that Garfield would become a flea?

Or in this case, hundreds of fleas.

They hopped on to Kobra and burried in under his clothing, some of them having a sample of his skin and blood as the fleas started to swarm every where they could reach in the short time.

Only to turn into Paraponera clavata and chomping down as hard as they could

The flea metaphor was not lost on Kobra-- these "heroes" were as gnats to him, after all, and again the mockery of his divine oration only fueled his rage.

...but as the swarm of bullet ants dug in deeper still, unleashed a fever pitch of agony all up and down his skin, he gritted his teeth and roared in fury.

"NRRRRAHHH!"

"--pain?! You-- you think-- pain will stop me? I, who have come through the crucible of The Lazarus Pit reforged? I, who have died and been reborn? Your pain is but a faded memory to me!"

But for all of his boasting and bravado, it was plain that this kind of havoc playing merry hob on his enhanced senses was definitely building on his previous injuries... slowing him down.

Leaping off a pile of rubble, during his run, Renegade hit the ground and rolled, shifting into the smaller female form with the power and strength of the male form driving him. Rolling past Kobra he shifted back to the heavier and more durable male form, blades slashing and twirling.

Kobra whirled to meet Renegade with a furious roar, using the arrow as a stabbing weapon for all of three seconds before one of Renegade's strikes shattered it--

--but he was dodging and weaving and parrying and slashing with the sword in his hand--

--fending off Renegade, but for how long?

Nightwing had watched as the Renegade launched his attack with his blades against Kobra.

He waited until perfect moment to strike and soon much like in the movie Star Wars: The Phantom Menace it was a two on one fight. His and Renegades Qui-gon and Obi-wan to Kobra’s Darth Maul. Hopefully their fight would end much better than that one had for the heroes.

...Kobra had only pure hate left to drive him, sheer raw mad instinct, and somehow as Damian's third blade joined the mix, he managed to stay standing--

--numerous wounds criss-crossed his skin, but still he kept fighting--

--backhanding away the flats of sword-blades where he could--

Waiting for her opportunity she got behind Kobra then sped straight past him in less than the blink of an eye. In that time she had vibrated the daggers in her hands, making them far sharper than any razors edge and with precision had cut both his Achilles tendons. No matter how good the super soldier if they couldn't stand then they would be out of action.

--and when Velocity blazed behind him, her blades ripped through those crucial tendons--

--agony speared up through his legs, and he fell to his knees, batting Renegade's blades aside even as he fell--

"Death is but a door. Time is but a window. I'll be--"

--and then Nightwing plunged his sword through Kobra's heart, and the despot stopped mid-sentence.

His eyes rolled back into his head.

He was gone. It was over.

Nightwing stepped back, drawing his sword back out of the villain, and gave Renegade a brisk, respectful nod.

Then he narrowed his eyes at Kobra's corpse as it slumped backwards.

"I decided my rule against killing doesn't count if the villain's just going to get resurrected again. Besides, it couldn't've happened to a nicer guy."

Sighing she looked at him “You do realize I’m older than anyone else on the planet, excepting maybe Renegade, right? I’m possessed by a daemon that hates mortals. Monkeigh, it calls us. Means savage barbarians. I’ve done things that make my flesh crawl, whenever I think about them.”

Connor looked at her and smiled. "Your only as old as the guy you feel, or something like that," he chuckled. "But seriously, no I didn't know how old you were, but no I don't care. Just gives us a lot more to talk about hey," he smiled. "As for your trapped daemon. Well just met him and didn't like him much. Still as long as he behaves himself I don't have a problem with it."

He then gazed into her eyes and with heart filled sincerity told her, "As for what you have done, well perhaps it is time you had someone to talk to about those things instead of trying to do it all alone."

“And I try not to think about those things. I hate being naked, everyone figures a female that’s naked is a whore and wants to get fucked.”

Connor shook his head. "A woman's body is her own to choose what she wants to do with. If she wants to parade around naked she should be able to without the prejudice of being labeled as such things as a whore and only wanting sex." He gazed at her and then smiled. "Perhaps I could help you get over this phobia of being naked? It might be a tough job but I am willing to undertake it."

Looking at him she wasn’t sure if he was joking or being serious. “I am not flashing anybody.” She said as she looked around frustrated. “Cyrano tried lines on me once. He was worse than you. And all he wanted was to get into my bed, until I showed him.. the other side of me. He didn’t want in my bed anymore. Same with Rudy, he dropped out of the limelight after that. Scared him stupid I think. So either you really are interested in me, You’re crazy as a hatter, or your brain cells got melted at some point in time and you’re dumber than a box of bricks.”

Connor got serious for a second, something he didn't do too much of when he was in the midst of battle. "Let's go with the former. Let's face it, I have pretty much seen you at your worst and guess what, I am still interested. Who knows we might not really hit it off and that's fine with me but I sure would like to give it a chance. So what do you say. Maybe when you find some more clothes, how about we actually go out on a proper date? You know sit down for a meal, actually talk about things, maybe see a movie or something?"

Cannon systems critical. Disengaging G.R.I.D. Armor.

And with a flash of light his armor fazed out and teleported back to the Mothership leaving a defenseless Milton in a battlefield.

"Well this isn't good."

Could be worse. He could be paying attention.

"Thanks for the bone-chilling thought Lysl, now lets get somewhere safe." With that Milton started scrambling to anywhere that looked safe.

Renegade - Shut up and Die already

"Death is but a door. Time is but a window. I'll be--"

Nightwing stepped back, drawing his sword back out of the villain, and gave Renegade a brisk, respectful nod. Then he narrowed his eyes at Kobra's corpse as it slumped backwards.

"I decided my rule against killing doesn't count if the villain's just going to get resurrected again. Besides, it couldn't've happened to a nicer guy."

Walking over Renegade pulled forth a short blade and began to disembowel Kobra. Only after he’d reached up into the ribcage from below and removed the Villians heart did he cut off the head and straighten up. “I don’t have rules against killing.” He said with a scowl. “Barrels of acid for the parts and the problem should be over.”

“Anything else we need to resolve? Or are we safe to return to headquarters?”

Wondergirl

"Oh, thank goodness," Rose breathed.

“Goddess,” Karan corrected her. “Thank the Goddess. Is Static going to be alright now?”

Moving a little closer she looked around, she was still a little foggy headed from whatever static did, but she needed to make sure Rose was safe. And that meant giving anyone that approached the trio aggressively a good solid beat down.

“Do you have any chocolate?” she asked in a conspiratorial whisper. “I’d kill for a piece of chocolate.”

Danni

Connor got serious for a second, something he didn't do too much of when he was in the midst of battle. "Let's go with the former. Let's face it, I have pretty much seen you at your worst and guess what, I am still interested. Who knows we might not really hit it off and that's fine with me but I sure would like to give it a chance. So what do you say. Maybe when you find some more clothes, how about we actually go out on a proper date? You know sit down for a meal, actually talk about things, maybe see a movie or something?"

“Clothes, yes. Date? How about we meet and talk. Then if your therapist says it’s safe to keep talking to me we talk again. Unless your therapist wants to talk to me. Then I melt their brain and we go from there.” Danni replied with a straight face. “Oh.. Celestials and Diabolicals are neither male nor female. They just are. Usually best to call them by name, or by their Word.”

Twitching she looked over to where Kobra was being finished off. “One of these days Renegade will be punished for their Sins.”

Raven

In the distance, Raven would hear a sound like the rush of mighty, gentle wings.

And perhaps a whisper, in the fiber of her being.

"...not quite yet."

Giving a shiver and a shake, almost like a cold wind was blowing she looked around, one eyebrow lifted in puzzlement. “If everything is done here, I’ll be on my way. I have things to do.” Like pay rent, clean my apartment, fix the walls, door, ceiling, and my shower. Sighing she looked around again, wondering what was going on. Maybe Trigon trying to get free again?

“Clothes, yes. Date? How about we meet and talk. Then if your therapist says it’s safe to keep talking to me we talk again. Unless your therapist wants to talk to me. Then I melt their brain and we go from there.” Danni replied with a straight face. “Oh.. Celestials and Diabolicals are neither male nor female. They just are. Usually best to call them by name, or by their Word.”

Twitching she looked over to where Kobra was being finished off. “One of these days Renegade will be punished for their Sins.”

Connor smiled. "Then from now on I will just call that aspect of you 'The Rider' so I don't insult it," he told her. "As for meeting to talk, well I will take what I can."

He looked over and saw the demise of Kobra and though he took no pleasure in it neither was he too upset about it. "I'm sure she will be, but perhaps not by the Rider. It would be a shame if you had to do that to someone you knew, wouldn't it?"

As he was scanning the area he noticed Velocity sitting on a large boulder near the river and motioned her over. In a blink of an eye the young girl was in front of him and he smiled up at her.

"Hi, I was wondering if you could do me a favor. Actually it is more for Danni here," he said gesturing to the woman beside him. "As you can see she is in a bit of an awkward predicament and could use your help. perhaps with your speed you could search for some clothes that might alleviate her problem."

With a laugh the young lady sped off and within seconds she was back and handing over a set of bike leathers and underwear. She talked to Danni and Connor excused himself so she could get dressed.

"I will just be over here when you are ready," he said pointing towards the riverbank.

Velocity had done her part but was surprised when instead of taking him alive Nightwing and Renegade had decided to kill Kobra instead. Moving to a boulder overlooking the river she sat down and began to think.

She was exhausted but feeling better than she had been for a long time. She had pushed herself to her limits and beyond them and she was sure she was a lot faster now than she had ever been. She had done things she had never done before but she still knew there was a lot to learn. Fighting that other speedster she had seen her perform moves she had never seen and she knew she had to improve herself if she wanted to do this sort of thing full time.

Sighing she looked around and saw green arrow gesturing at her and she ran over to him. He explained Danni's situation and she tried not to chuckle and instead zoomed off. It only took her a few seconds to find a department store and grab several different sizes of underwear she thought would fit the woman, then she found a bike store and grabbed a leather outfit that looked the right size.

She got back and showed her find to Danni and smiled. "I hope the size is right. if it's not I can exchange it now I know where the place is. However let's not make this a shopping spree okay," she chuckled good naturedly.

It was over and done. 'Wing and the other chick/dude Thea didn't know finished off Ko ko when she couldn't. Kinda pissed her off but not too much really. Thea had done her part and maybe just maybe kept at least one new kid clean.

It looked like things were done here. Time for the Wildcat to slink off to the shadows again. She was a bit proud of Rose. She'd done good. Hadn't needed the training from Thea. This time. She'd used her instincts when her powers had failed her and that was good. She'd used her head, and that was good. Maybe Thea would listen to her own teaching one day. Maybe, but not likely anytime soon.

With that Thea started to head out. She had managed to keep her plastic intact and knew she could get back home to her gym. She just hoped the others on the bus wouldn't stare too hard. She knew she could ditch the torn up suit for normal clothes. But the new fur suit and tail? Those were things she would have to get used to.

Walking over Renegade pulled forth a short blade and began to disembowel Kobra. Only after he’d reached up into the ribcage from below and removed the Villians heart did he cut off the head and straighten up. “I don’t have rules against killing.” He said with a scowl. “Barrels of acid for the parts and the problem should be over.”

“Anything else we need to resolve? Or are we safe to return to headquarters?”

"With the shield down we can contact HQ now. Luthor will have his people out here in a matter of hours to begin the cleanup and damage control." He replied. He pulled out his communicator and did just that.

When he was done talking with HQ he once again spoke to the team. "Wonder Girl, Velocity... I'd like you and anyone that is able to go around and perform a search and recovery. I don't want to leave any civilians in dangerous positions while we wait for the clean up to show up."

Garfield popped into his humanoid form down by the river, retching sounds coming from him as he spat out whatever had offended his stomach. He was clearly worse for wear, but still alive and that was more than most people could say. Since Velocity was there, he didn't offer to fly reconnaissance, and with the power lifting people still there and now available to do their thing, there wasn't much he could do but go back home and try to heal up enough.

But first.

He focused on Raven and limped over to her, arm clutching his ribs. It sounded like she was on her way to get out of Dodge and he could not blame her. Dressed like that in a battle and having gone through that serious mojo casting, it took something out of her. Not the clothing, the mojo casting thing.

He cleared his throat.

"Uhm excuse me? Hi yeah. Down here."

He gave half a wave and a slight smile, "I uhm I don't have any flowers to offer as penance, but I just wanted to say that I'm sorry. I'll probably not see you again and uhm I don't want you to remember me as the guy who ogled you while in Chuahua form."

He ran his hand through his hair, wincing slightly.

"I am not used to people being able to read my mind and I just wanted to say that I'm sorry for ehrm thinking that you look hot in that outfit. Not that you don't, just uhm that I seemed to have perved on you."

He realized he was making things worse.

"Uhm OK, I think I'll just be going now."

He turned away and walked towards the edge of the river, clearly intending to swim to the other side.

Kinda cute.. for a boy.

"Uhm OK, I think I'll just be going now."

He turned away and walked towards the edge of the river, clearly intending to swim to the other side.

“You are not a perv,” Raven replied before he’d taken more than a step. “I.. was .. ‘listening’ to the universe and your thoughts were like a shout in my head. I, overreacted, and I apologize. The fault is not yours for thinking what you thought. It was mine for listening in. You spoke no wrong, you did no wrong. I did. I judged you without hesitation, or consideration for you.” Gesturing at her clothing, she shrugged. “How could you not. If I saw a girl dressed like this, I’d probably think as you did.”

“If you would like, I can get you to your - home – faster.” With twisting fingers and unspoken words she open a doorway to his most often used sleeping place. Where that was she didn’t know. But that’s how she cast the spell. “It’s safe. Probably your bedroom, or your couch.”

Back