The SCOURIES reader – for both fans and serious scholars…

Status
Not open for further replies.
SEVERUSMAX said:
God forbid that any dissenters should post in his thread. :rolleyes: ;) :D
But everyone is a dissenter in his mind..... :rolleyes:

I wonder how he likes dancing :nana: :nana: 's

Mr Scouries, sir, I understand your irritation at us for posting in your thread, and I apologise. But please, sir, I have a serious question, and you ignored it.

scouries said:
Numbers…

…to start off I thought I’d post some numbers relating to SCOURIES WORLD. I’ve always thought the site would be vastly improved if we just did away with the worshipped red H’s and simply listed the number of views, votes, and average rating next to each story on the various authors home page. I believe this would reduce much of the bickering and complaining about low scores and trolls. *snip*(my bold)

Why did you leave off your average rating?

starrkers said:
Mr Scouries, sir, I understand your irritation at us for posting in your thread, and I apologise. But please, sir, I have a serious question, and you ignored it.
Because his story with the most "sales" (hits, in other words) rates under 4.50 and has no little red "H" :rolleyes:

Stella_Omega said:
Because his story with the most "sales" (hits, in other words) rates under 4.50 and has no little red "H" :rolleyes:

Of course, to him, money is the object. :rolleyes:

TxRad said:
But everyone is a dissenter in his mind..... :rolleyes:

I wonder how he likes dancing :nana: :nana: 's

He's a bit off his gourd, don't you think? Bananas would be good for his health and sanity. :D

Story review

D E L E T E D

PLEASE DO NOT POST REPLIES ON THIS THREAD​

Last edited:
Question

D E L E T E D

Last edited:
D E L E T E D

Last edited:
Suggestion

D E L E T E D
[

Last edited:
scouries said:
Questions for Manu and Laurel…

QUESTION #2 Could you explain the formula (and the reason for it) that you use to determine where on the ‘New Story’ page a story is placed?

Certain author’s stories are also always listed near the top. Do you charge these authors for the privilege or are they given these lofty positions for some other reason?

Clearly there is some favoritism being shown here.

I'm surprised the powers that be of Literotica do not address your issues. What with you being the most popular author and all.

Originally Posted by scouries
Questions for Manu and Laurel…

QUESTION #2 Could you explain the formula (and the reason for it) that you use to determine where on the ‘New Story’ page a story is placed?

Certain author’s stories are also always listed near the top. Do you charge these authors for the privilege or are they given these lofty positions for some other reason?

Scribbled said:
Clearly there is some favoritism being shown here.

I'm surprised the powers that be of Literotica do not address your issues. What with you being the most popular author and all.

Is there? I always assumed a story posted when it was accepted and just fell in line. Is that wrong?

scouries said:
Do all stories go in the same line or are there different lines for different authors?

Of course there are, but if I told you about it, I'd have to kill you.

Too bad, so sad.

For someone who labels himself with such superlatives that you've used here, you really don't know much, do you?

Bless its heart.

Scribbled said:
I bet they're just respecting his request for no replies to be posted on this thread. They want to answer his questions, but damn...

scouries said:
SUGGESTION #4 – Why not give a detailed reason when you Reject a Story

I’ve had about 13 out of the 58 or so stories I’ve submitted to Literotica rejected. Some have been rejected up to five times! I’m always surprised when one is rejected. I think I understand Literotica’s rules and while I may not agree with them I do try to write my stories to conform to them. When a story of mine is rejected I rush to try and find the problem and correct it. My stories have been rejected for the following reasons:

*Poor Grammar
*Underage Characters
*Snuff Scene
*Wrong Category
*Bestiality

But when one of the censors rejects a story they don’t provide very specific details – instead there is a line that asks something like ‘is there an underage character in this story?’ or ‘is this in the right category?’ or ‘does this story include bestiality?’ Shit, if you’ve read the story and decided it needs rejection why not be a little more specific?

Strangely at least nine of the thirteen stories I’ve had rejected were subsequently accepted without me making any changes at all! I just resubmit them with a note like ‘I looked for the underage character and don’t believe there are any of them in this story– I’d be happy to change something if you have some specific problem – please advise’. One of two things happens; one, usually the story is accepted without comment, or two, it’s rejected again but with again no highlighting of the exact problem.

I believe it would save me time and worry, as well as save your censors time, if they were quite specific when they reject a story. Something like, ‘Sally is only 16 years old when she has sex with Arthur in the middle of page two in your story – this is unacceptable and must be changed,’ or ‘it is not okay for Sally to have vaginal/penile intercourse with the dolphin in the second paragraph’.

I’ll then be able to immediately address the problem instead of slogging through ten thousand words trying to figure out what I’ve done wrong.

So please, for all of our sakes, talk to your censors and get them to be a bit more specific in future.

to be continued – jrs

You broke the site's rules, and you're wanting to know why they have rejected your stories? Maybe you just annoyed them a lot? I'd make you resubmit for just that reason, at least once or twice.

Also, when I earn a red H, I'll be happy. It means that I've gotten at least 10 readers to agree that my story is hot (at a 4.5 or higher). Until then, I shall strive to get there.

Why are you only reviewing your own stories and only giving them high marks? Isn't that a conflict of interest? You know, inherent and obvious bias?

Imbecile. :rolleyes:

Lauren Hynde said:
I bet they're just respecting his request for no replies to be posted on this thread. They want to answer his questions, but damn...

I doubt it. Many of the issues scouries has raised have been brought up before with no "official" response. One might conclude that the powers that be at Literotica have a vested interest in maintaining the status quo.

yevkassem72 said:
Why are you only reviewing your own stories and only giving them high marks? Isn't that a conflict of interest? You know, inherent and obvious bias?

shhh.jpg

... it's just too funny how Scouries keeps going. I want him kept on the site and posting. This stuff is golden.

fcdc said:
... it's just too funny how Scouries keeps going. I want him kept on the site and posting. This stuff is golden.

*nods*

priceless comedy.

Scribbled said:
I doubt it. Many of the issues scouries has raised have been brought up before with no "official" response. One might conclude that the powers that be at Literotica have a vested interest in maintaining the status quo.
Gosh. The powers that be have a vested interest in mainting things the way they made them? That's so odd. Why would such an interest be vested?

Many of the issues scouries has raised have been brought up once or twice before in such wondrous places as the FAQ or are so idiotic that if anyone took the time to respond to them, they'd have to respond to any and all retard too lazy to read the rules, and then they'd have even less time to read and approve stories, and then scouries would never shut up.

fcdc said:

Yes, Mr.Scouries, please don't stop posting here. But also tell me where I can find your stories on sites where I can buy them - I can only imagine your very best are there.

yevkassem72 said:
You broke the site's rules, and you're wanting to know why they have rejected your stories? Maybe you just annoyed them a lot? I'd make you resubmit for just that reason, at least once or twice.

Now that makes a lot of sense to me. Somebody like you is doing the "approving" and rejects scouries stories just to fuck with him.

always entertaining

Yes.

award winning

Really? Which ones? I bet I have more awards than you! There, see? My saying that proves absolutely nothing but that I look like an ass for saying it. So too do you.

author J.R. Scouries might just what you’re looking for.

If you are really really drunk and the Cliffs Notes to 'Electra' are too hard to understand.

The story, set in Richmond, Virginia, and on the island of Martinique in the Caribbean Sea, chronicles the awakening interest an eighteen year old virgin develops for the man she’s always loved.

... as played by Danny DeVito.

Her sexual curiosity piqued when she finds a pair of someone else’s panties in her wash.

... damn it, the Fruit of the Loom apple is on vacation again!

But sex? With her daddy?

One extra 't' and you could have placed this into yet another category! Think broadly, man!

And why does her father have a drawer full of women’s lingerie anyway?

Tonight: On Law and Order: SVU. Is that Ice-T at the edge of the frame?

ice_t.jpg

Were her girlfriends right when they’d told her that her dad was a hunk? That he was well hung?

No, they weren't. Remember, he's played by Danny deVito.

Humorous and erotic, this story follows the beautiful, tall, full breasted, dark haired vixen

I can hear you from here, you know.

as she lures her reluctant father towards the inevitable, it all finally climaxing under the hot sun on a deserted Caribbean beach.

... where Danny deVito runs into Kathleen Turner and Michael Douglas. Will he be able to steal the El Corazon emerald from these reckless adventurers? Tune in tonight, on 1980s Cinema Night!

Early reviews are sparkling.

Like radioactive sludge.

and finally: Amazing is the only word close to describing your work.

... really?

Please accept my invitation to read this tale. Read it alone or bring it to bed with your lover.

"Honey, I brought 20 pages of a story to bed."

"Why can't we just have sex?"

"Shut up. I'm reading."

"The hell with you. I'll just go watch SVU."

Scribbled said:
Now that makes a lot of sense to me. Somebody like you is doing the "approving" and rejects scouries stories just to fuck with him.

Dear lord, quit taking yourself, and scouries so seriously! No one else does.

:rolleyes:

scouries said:
QUESTION #4 Could you Explain Lead Times?

One common complaint that comes up endlessly on these boards is the amount of time it takes to get a story approved and up and running.

Holy shit, a whole two weeks, when you can post it in a thread and get advance reviews of what you're writing? Wow! That is forever! That's certainly far more than it would take to publish in a print magazine or a book contract! I wholly agree! The site monitors should get our stories up in 50 minutes! After all, it takes one minute to type 100 words, so a good-sized story should take under an hour to read and review! Do it now! I want an Oompa-Loompa now, daddy!

verucasalt.jpg

My first question on this subject is the following: Do all stories go in the same line or are there different lines for different categories and/or authors?

The first rule of Line Club is: you do not talk about Line Club.

The second rule of Line Club is, you DO NOT talk about Line Club.

Secondly,Why does it take so long anyway? Is there something we can do that would speed up the process?

Write something that doesn't get rejected at least two times over, as you yourself admit.

Thirdly, Would it be possible to give a submitting author an estimated release date when he submits a story?[

You already have one, if you've asked anywhere on this board. Anytime between a week and a month.

After you’re submitted a story it could be automatically assigned an estimated date when it was likely to come out.

Because 1000 words of 'The Cat in the Hat' and 1000 words of James Joyce can be read in the same amount of time!

This small step could do wonders for alleviating the stress felt by an expectant author.

Expectant? Ah, so you're pregnant. They make medicine to help with that stress, then!

valium.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back