Site readers

uksnowy

Really Experienced
Joined
Oct 5, 2011
Posts
251
Is every work submitted read by someone on the site like a moderator or such before it is accepted and posted?
My rejections are related to characters being underage (18) and in the process of being edited if not already done.
 
There is only one person who vets stories to the site, Laurel, one of the owners. Her husband Manu is the other owner, but she reads every story submitted.

Oh yeah, under age sex is forbidden. Everyone must be 18 or over to have sex, witness sex, tell about a sexual experience.

You can say you lost your virginity at age 15, but can't describe it.
 
Last edited:
Thank you Zeb. That's quite a dedicated task she has and to be admired.
 
There is only one person who vets stories to the site, Laurel, one of the owners. Her husband Manu is the other owner, but she reads every story submitted.

At best she's scanning every story, not reading it. It would be physically impossible for her to read the stories she's processing through.
 
At best she's scanning every story, not reading it. It would be physically impossible for her to read the stories she's processing through.
IIRC Laurel receives and scans well over 100 submissions daily, from 751-word vignettes to +75K-word novels, the vast majority written by folks never seen here at AH. Newby authors get a closer, more critical scan than old-timers who've passed muster on the rules. Scanning is partly automated to reject tales with certain tags and title keywords but mostly it's Laurel's overwhelmed eyeballs passing on all our dreck and drama. Oy.
 
And how do you know she's not a speed reader.

I used to be. I've slowed down with increasing age and slightly weaker eyesight.

When commuting I would read three novels on the way to work and three more on the way home - six in three hours. At work I would read a mass of material every day. At one stage of my career I had to read the reports of yesterday's business in the House of Commons and the House of Lords and give a report to my Director by 10 am. The length of the daily publications was greater than the complete Bible but I could flip through anything not obviously relevant to us.
 
Back
Top