OOC: Operation: Vengence

zydrate

Sweet Zydrate
Joined
Mar 10, 2010
Posts
25,165
Hello!
So, I'm not sure how this is going to go but I'm looking to start up an RP about a military operation (see title)...

Looking for 5 people to join the team (I'm the sixth person) and then maybe a few other characters for spouses/lovers, enemies, upper brass, lower brass, npcs and such.

The team will consist of different people from different branches of the military... male or female. Don't worry about sticking with the rules of saying women can't be part of certain teams and so forth.

I don't have a clear direction on this but it also depends on who joins and so forth.... So, let me know if you're interested or post your character here and we'll get started.

I'll also be taking suggestions about all this...we can do as a modern time thing or even go futuristic.... steampunk too? It's open.

*****
My char:

STRIKE-julia-richmond.jpg


Name: Nicole Mason
Branch: USMC

More info to come

***********************

So, let me know, either here or in PM. I used to run RPGs so I have a little bit of experience there... and yes, that probably tells my age, ahahah :D
 
Hello!
So, I'm not sure how this is going to go but I'm looking to start up an RP about a military operation (see title)...

Looking for 5 people to join the team (I'm the sixth person) and then maybe a few other characters for spouses/lovers, enemies, upper brass, lower brass, npcs and such.

The team will consist of different people from different branches of the military... male or female. Don't worry about sticking with the rules of saying women can't be part of certain teams and so forth.

I don't have a clear direction on this but it also depends on who joins and so forth.... So, let me know if you're interested or post your character here and we'll get started.

I'll also be taking suggestions about all this...we can do as a modern time thing or even go futuristic.... steampunk too? It's open.

*****
My char:

STRIKE-julia-richmond.jpg


Name: Nicole Mason
Branch: USMC

More info to come

***********************

So, let me know, either here or in PM. I used to run RPGs so I have a little bit of experience there... and yes, that probably tells my age, ahahah :D


Interesting idea, with the steampunk. Have you ever read any of the Weird West books? Basically it's the American West, if monsters and magic existed and history was influenced by it. I also love most post-apocalypse settings.

Do you have any idea what sort of set-up as far as conflict and such you want to work with? I'd be happy to PM about it. I've some experience.
 
Commander Codi Banner
Age: 30
Personality: doesn't take any crap
Hair: Blonde
Eyes: Blue
Other: LOVES GUNS, the bigger the better. Is very, very strict about following commands, has trust issues with men. But her plans are brilliant and she's a good friend once won over.

Commander Banner is in the Navy's special forces. She has called some of her fellow "seals" glorified meter maids... She is toxic to herself and everyone around her. Headquarters had hoped she would have been killed by now, but somehow she continued to survive every dangerous mission she goes on. Headquarters finally ran out of options and assigned her to this mission. They secretly hoped the Team Leader will kill her in some “accident”. She is very, very strict about following commands. She has a brilliant mind for tactics. Her first words to everyone on the team was “I’m not here to be your friend, assholes”.

(OOC: I can also go with a character 180 degrees opposite of this one. Very friendly and super nice... but kills people. Maybe a computer/bomb expert or something like that.)
 
Last edited:
Groovy, let me get my bearings and we can go from there... (aka, lemme read the responses and think of a best way to respond) :D
 
I could be one of your minor characters, such as an enemy secret policeman, a kind of mashup of Adolph Eichmann, Hans Landa and George Smiley. Ruthlessly efficient, but it's never personal. As well as any snitch, collaborator, minion, thug as needed.
 
Some suggestions:

I always like playing at least two characters... it allows for more normal conversations and to move the plot forward more quickly. I'm willing to play two team members if that is allowed.

I'd like to start my characters at some other location/situation before joining the team. Allow me to sets up they abilities or weakness. Be really cool if all teams did at as well.

Will to do any setting... modern time... futuristic.... steampunk.. etc.

As for bad guys... I was thinking "human trafficking"/slavers. Mission might be to find and rescue someone who has been captured by the group. Could be a hostage... or kidnapping... or just "trafficking". Plot twist might include trafficking group is in a country where rescue team should not be. Maybe traffickers have been tipped off about rescue team coming, and defeating them... or capturing them in country is big PR win.

Anyhow... just some ideas for everyone to kick around.
 
Some suggestions:

I always like playing at least two characters... it allows for more normal conversations and to move the plot forward more quickly. I'm willing to play two team members if that is allowed.

I'd like to start my characters at some other location/situation before joining the team. Allow me to sets up they abilities or weakness. Be really cool if all teams did at as well.

Will to do any setting... modern time... futuristic.... steampunk.. etc.

As for bad guys... I was thinking "human trafficking"/slavers. Mission might be to find and rescue someone who has been captured by the group. Could be a hostage... or kidnapping... or just "trafficking". Plot twist might include trafficking group is in a country where rescue team should not be. Maybe traffickers have been tipped off about rescue team coming, and defeating them... or capturing them in country is big PR win.

Anyhow... just some ideas for everyone to kick around.

or the person being recused isn't exactly the person you think he is.
 
Bump... please sign up. We need one more good writer and this thread will be awesome!
 
So this very much intrests me, but what would be the desired post per day/week count?
 
Great was there a definite setting picked? Will post character when kiddo is in bed
 
Not yet. What would you, and everyone else, for that matter prefer?

I'm willing to go in any direction (Modern, WWII, futuristic, steampunk). Never done steampunk, so that might be fun to try. But i'm pretty wide open. I will be playing two character for sure. Recommend everyone else go that route too, but not required.
 
Name & Rank: Corporal Alexandria Trask
Age: 24
Personality: bubbly personality until she gets told she can't do something. Her fiercely competitive nature then takes over
Hair: Blonde
Eyes: Blue
Other: Air Force brat, Alex grew up all over the world as she and her 5 elder brothers (mother died shortly after her birth)followed her father around. Growing up she quickly learned that while she lacked the physical strength to best her brothers and other stronger kids around the base, if she used her charm and quickness she could take care of herself. So instead of getting frustrated by the sexism she had to deal with, she embrased it and used it in her advantage.

She also developed a nack for mechanics and piloting, so if it has an engine, you can count on her to get it running and getting you out of a jam fast.

Opposed to the Commanders chain of command is holy, Alex has a more loose approach to things. Protocols are ment to be ignored if there is a more efficiant way to do things, and she is more likely to follow orders from people she respect, than not.

( if we go steampunk, i will tweak the story and pic a little. Secondary Character will prob be one of her brothers, but will wait to introduce until relevant)


1ec98ad8c4be12abcd18d49acfa69959.jpg
 
Last edited:
a foreign agent

A tall, thin man in a uniform showing no badges of rank rolled the .50 caliber brass between his fingers, as if he were rolling a cigarette. The unknown shooter or shooters had missed it.

Maybe British or Israeli, he thought, probably American.

He glanced briefly at the still-smoldering remains of the base, pocketed the brass, nodded to his driver, said, "Let's go."
 
Medic?

Would you like a medic?
I’m from the UK so the posting would be on a different time zone, but if you’re talking one/two a week that shouldn’t be a problem for me,

I have a couple of ideas for medical personnel.
 
A medic would be great! And dont worry on time zone, I am also from europe
 
Name: Luke ‘Doc’ Marten
Age: 35
Personality: has respect for authority, but that only goes so far. His sardonic and sarcastic personality means that he often annoys higher ranking officers and has never been promoted.
Hair: Brown
Eyes: Brown
Other: Is an abject pacifist, in fact despite being in several combat situations, he has never killed anybody. He’s only kept on because he has saved many lives of both soldiers and civilians. This also greatly irritates his seniors.

He can follow orders as long as it does not conflict with his great sense of justice and need to keep everyone alive. This often causes conflict between him and the squad.

He has a daughter at home who is cared for by his parents and she is the centre of his world and reason for taking on the higher paid jobs.
He wants to retire but his seniors just won’t let this healer go.
 

Attachments

  • ED057F27-6BEA-4B28-8DE3-7757256DB9C6.jpg
    ED057F27-6BEA-4B28-8DE3-7757256DB9C6.jpg
    42.4 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Name: Sean Hastings
Age: 36
Height: 6'3''
Weight: 190lbs
Hair: Dark (varies with assignment)
Eyes: Blue (changeable with contacts)

Nationality: American born, raised abroad.

cj2g-zE-YRKZq0YQMXcayrNAQQdcHs4LWNhrcGZsS10.gif


Education: Bachelors in Political science with a minor in History from UMass Amherst.

Languages: English, French, Spanish, Italian, Mandarin, Arabic and Farsi. Also speaks a smattering of several other languages, but is fluent in 7.

Trade Skills: Krav Maga, Wing Chun, Kem Po and Akido. Close Quarters Knife fighting, knife throwing, Kendo and Kenjutsu. Disguise, evasion tactics, surveillance and camouflage. Espionage and counter espionage, sabotage, investigation and interrogation. Advanced skills in tactical firearms and improvised explosives.

Background:
Mister Hastings father worked for the State Department in a diplomatic role, and throughout his childhood, he lived in five countries. He evidenced a facility with assimilating into other cultures and learning new languages swiftly and easily.

His older sister, Sarah, was kidnapped when Sean was 12. She was missing for a month and eventually her body was recovered. She had been held hostage, tortured, raped and mutilated by an extremist group in Syria. This deeply effected him.

[REDACTED] PM for details OOC

Hastings was recruited upon graduation from college and sent to Camp Peary (The Farm) to undergo clandestine services training. He already had a foundation in many of the skills needed for covert operations work and was subsequently advanced to the [REDACTED] for the duration of the war in Afghanistan. At the end of the war, this program was officially terminated, and Agent Hastings, along with other government trained assets, were transferred to private contract assignments.

Mister Hastings has continued to work for the United States Military and Intelligence community in a private contractor capacity ever since. Details are classified Red Level and above.
 
Name&Rank: Lieutenant 'Johnny' Jānis Kalniņš

Age: 42 if documents to be believed.
Height: 6'2''
Weight: 240lbs

Personality: Warrior monk of sorts. Introvert loner, rational, efficient, and almost never impulsive, can be over controlling when insecure, but mostly prefer intuition and instinct to meticulous planning and protocol. Philosopher at heart. Doesn't care about status and have no respect for any authority, but have a big ego, value reputation and can be loyal as a dog when his trust is earned. Hides attentive, caring and optimistic core under other shell that can appear grumpy, cynical and sometimes rude.

Hair: so dark blond it's almost black, but bleach in sun easily.

Eyes: bluish-greenish-grayish with yellow inlaid, can change apparent colour by lighting, context or otherwise.

Other: His main strength is versatility, he learn easily and understand deeply, but never truly master or claim expert status in anything. On battlefield is primarily a marksman, sharpshooter and gunslinger, but prefer to avoid close combat although he can hit hard or take someone's head right off if necessary. Geeky and embrace technology, and can use ready solutions or carry out instructions from a recipe for limited hacking.

Very little is known about his personal life if any such exist. Jānis Kalniņš is a name you would find in example blanks very much like John Smith. Sometimes claim to have been in service since Soviet-Afghan war, but that ended when he was 14 according to current documents.

attachment.php


___________________________

I have never role played, do not have real military experience, and don't speak English, but this sounds like fun and I would like to try. If anything you can kill me, lol.

Do you guys still have place for an slightly manic cold blood killer with golden heart, probably an older guy (in his forties I imagine), a NATO partner from

As you see those guys think about themselves as werewolves.
 

Attachments

  • Wild_Dog.jpg
    Wild_Dog.jpg
    60.1 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:
Capt. Fisher, USN. Burpelson Air Force Base, a secure briefing room, four hours later.

"At ease, please be seated."

"This is an evolving situation, the mission parameters are evolving. Commander Codi will provide additional details and plans while you are en route. This briefing will cover new information."

"As you are aware, this is an infiltration, smash and grab into a hostile South American country. The target is known only by a dragoon tattoo -- yes, I said dragoon, not dragon -- across his or her ass. We do not know the Target's sex, or even whether he or she will be cooperative. All you need to know is that the Target is of vital importance to national security."

"In two days, this person will be transferred by military convoy along a coastal highway, actually, a one lane goat track, with a heavy escort of Russian and Cuban advisors, government security forces, army troops and foreign mercenaries. Enemy gunboats will be offshore, and the airspace will be covered by their helicopters and drones, with ground attack aircraft on 15 minute standby. Nearest friendlies are several hours away."

"And, uh, the region is home to a large number of jaguars and pumas and the forest is said to be haunted."

"In 18 hours you will be landed by small boat five miles north of the interception point."

"You mission is to snatch the Target, evade enemy forces, and exfiltrate by a submarine which you will summon after the mission succeeds. Failure is not an option, meaning, no Target, no submarine."

"Anyone who wants to back out, now's the time."

"Commander Codi, your communications specialist has disappeared, the records don't show, but who in your group has been cross-trained in comms?"
 
Everyone,
GREAT POSTS. I love them!!

Gamina is going to set up an IC thread. We can cut and paste the posts into it. We'll use this thread as an OOC.

One thing... the bad guys are "human trafficking" slavers. So instead of Cuban and Russian soldiers... please adjust to mercenaries from Cuba and Russia.

Thanks!
 
Back
Top