Educator Roll Call

Hopefully my students have a few more years before that kinda stuff starts. I teach 4th grade, so it should be a couple more years at least.

well, a few...but not many. I was lusting after my teachers, and every other girl in my grade, by the 6th grade
 
I tutor undergrad students but I don't know if that qualifies me as an educator...
 
Been teaching for 11 years now.....middle school special needs (learning disabilities, D/HH and emotionally disturbed)....wouldn't do anything else for all the money in the world. :D
 
Last edited:
I've gotten a better turnout than I'd hoped, this is great. Glad to see everyone show up and to see that we've got a wide range of experiences to share/commiserate about.

Those of you who are involved in special needs or special ed have my awe and appreciation. I certainly don't have the patience for that and have the utmost respect for those who do.
 
Hey Rox and IAboy

It's amazing how different and yet the same teaching is across the grade levels. Some of the same issues that you face with a 1st grader are the same I face with a 12th grader, it's just the content that changes.

I also think it's pretty cool how different teachers are perfect for the grade levels that they get. The same way that I don't have the patience for elementary ages, seems to be the level of impatience that elementary teachers would have for secondary students.

Nancy, you are welcome to share your witticisms with us any time you'd like. Now I might have to ask you to remain after class for some special counselling though...


I started out teaching secondary -- middle school and then went to high school and back to middle school. I actually enjoyed both of them. Middle school kids are snarky and they get your sarcasm and yet they can still be goofy little kids at times. High school kids can have really esoteric conversations with you at times and are really forming strong opinions on themselves and the world which is pretty cool to hear about as well.

However, for the sheer cuteness factor -- elementary is amazing. SOOO much more work though -- 6 preps every day -- and sometimes they can be SO NEEDY. But overall, I'm glad I'm doing elementary now. I'll probably stay here for a while and go back to something else later on.

Cool thread.

Rox :rose:
 
Wow. This thread has really taken off.

Congrats to all the teachers who made it through another school year. You definitely deserve a break.

I know I'll be job hunting over the summer. I might make it down to Texas too. My friend just got a job in the Houston area (though I'd rather stay in MI).

Any huge plans for the summer break, teachers?
 
5 years teaching middle and high school learning support math and reading; also certified in elementary ed and history

moving up to administration in September as our Special Education Supervisor

:)
 
Been teaching maths and computer science secondary school (11-18) for 15 years.
 
I teach alternate education to 16-25 yr olds and am hopefully going to get teaching qualification in next few years

x
 
Summer Plans

In a few weeks we'll be heading down to Florida for two weeks. 10 days on the beach and 4 days at WDW.

While it's nice to have the summer off, I will say that it would be nice to be able to take an extended vacation at a time when "everyone" isn't also on vacation.

Have a conference that I'm attending this upcoming Thursday through Saturday too.
 
been teaching at university for 4 years now, recently also started teaching at a grammar school, music and english...
 
I taught life skills in a psychiatric lockdown facility (Resolute) for teen boys in Indianapolis for 7 years.

Now its Sunday School (grades 1-3) and being a stay-at-home Dad.
 
I'm wondering if Lit-erotica were taught in school if: a. the students would pay more attention in class (don't think that's a problem) and, b. if more parents would get 'positively' involved with their child's education.

I thank my teachers and my parents for my ability to read and write this. (Bad grammar and spelling is my fault.)
 
4 years High School English and Social Studies

37 years of Anthropology, including 12 years of Anthropology of Sex. A lot of stories from that course, particularly the field research requirement.

My favorite though... I had a lovely Greek girl in the class one semester, and I met her with her parents in a shopping mall. She introduced me to them with "This is prof. ____; he taught me all about sex."

To top it off...her name. Yes, I can honestly claim to have taught Aphrodite all about sex!
 
Hi I was a preschool teacher till i had my baby 3 years ago now i'm a stay at home mom ready to go back to work soon.
 
Welcome again everyone. Glad to see so many of us around.

Love the story Tio.
 
I always loved my college professors well most of them I remember leavin class hot and wet almost every night.
 
I always loved my college professors well most of them I remember leavin class hot and wet almost every night.

Hmmm well there have been few students that had me leaving lecture or a help session hard as a rock....so i guess were even in that score.
 
Back
Top