Go Back   Literotica Discussion Board > Main Literotica Forums > Literotica Chat Support Forum

View Poll Results: Do you agree with these small suggestions for the Live chat? Discuss in the comments!
Yes! 13 86.67%
No! 2 13.33%
Voters: 15. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-28-2017, 12:32 PM   #1
Littlegirlalice
Virgin

Question Literotica Live Chat Private Room Creation (Site Suggestion)

Good morning, Afternoon, or evening, i hope you all are having a wonderful day.

I am an avid fan of the Literotica community and have been a member for a few months that especially enjoys roleplay in the livechats, Recently, in a group threesome that me and two other roleplayers wanted to keep private our room was swarmed by other users and it threw off the play as we wanted to keep the room a private session, and it became over filled and disrupted the roleplay.
This may seem slightly petty but as i have seen many instances where a room has been created for a "private" play session with 3+ people. i was writing as to suggest to the site owners or moderators an implimentation that will fix this issue within the live chat system.

I was going to suggest that on instance of creating a new room within the live chat, you can set a room password, this simple fix would allow rooms to genuinely be private without disturbances from people other than who you desire to be in the room, even still it might be cool that when a person create a room, they get access to kick people from the room if they are unwelcomed or harrasive to the members, that way each room creator has control over the realm they create. This suggestion is not as well flushed or thought out but its still a nice thought to look into.

Thank you for reading, and thank you for your time.
-Alice Rose <3

Old 10-28-2017, 12:33 PM   #2
Wats_butthole
Loves Spam

Tl;dr

Show us your tits.

Old 10-28-2017, 12:52 PM   #3
RandybiDad
Experienced

I want you desperately. Please turn your PMs on.

Old 10-28-2017, 12:58 PM   #4
Aglaopheme
Literotica Guru

But, they have lice.

Old 11-17-2017, 11:46 AM   #5
RudyGardet
Experienced

I would agree with your suggestion LittleAlice, but I'll bet it's not a simple addition/fix. I'm very new to LitChat (like literally this week) so I could be wrong, but I'm betting since it doesn't look like a heavy profit business model it's probably asking a lot of people to make changes. Hopefully I'm wrong about that or the admins are dedicated people (as far as I'm concerned their heroes for setting this up and keeping it running without having to charge us!).

If I'm correct about tech changes being slow, I wonder if your goal would be best met outside of chat. I haven't done it yet and it does make me a little nervous, but I love love love the idea of making a connection with someone in chat but then taking it somewhere else to be private. Someone mentioned a audio chat tool called Discord that sounds potentially interesting - I used to use something like that when I was into team based online gaming. Perhaps more attractive with this option for me is that I've been utterly frustrated with the inability to type and... do other things.. at the same time!! I haven't tried any of these yet but I'd love to hear any tips from people who have - PM me!

Old 11-20-2017, 04:54 AM   #6
Heartofgold45123
Virgin

Good advice

Old 11-20-2017, 12:30 PM   #7
LordGord
Experienced

Private Rooms

That feature was available I believe in middle Lit but is no longer a part of the programming. Who knows, perhaps in future versions there will be again. However, I will suggest that even though they are "private" rooms; Mods still must have access. Not to gawk, but to ensure Lit rules are being followed.

Old 11-25-2017, 06:31 PM   #8
Littlegirlalice
Virgin

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordGord View Post
That feature was available I believe in middle Lit but is no longer a part of the programming. Who knows, perhaps in future versions there will be again. However, I will suggest that even though they are "private" rooms; Mods still must have access. Not to gawk, but to ensure Lit rules are being followed.
I couldn't agree more, and that would be something that would be included within the idea, that anyone with admin or moderator position is still given access to these rooms <3 i mean privacy is a great concept but rules still have to apply <3 it will prevent intrusive behaviour withing group play however and genuinely still shine over all as an idea, and it seems like quite a few people agree with the idea so itd be a delight to see if it comes back <3 xx

Old 11-25-2017, 10:09 PM   #9
Miles Long
Fuck victoriously!

I remember that feature existing on whatever version of Lit Chat we had ten years ago. It was fun trying to guess friends' passwords for their private bang rooms.

Ten years, Christ I'm getting old.

Old 11-25-2017, 11:25 PM   #10
loveupskirt
Really Really Experienced

It is what it is

Hope this doesn't come across too negatively, but i don't think they care. Like someone else said, there isn't much in it for the site, and i think we are stuck with what we have.

The previous version of LitChat was awesome IMO with lots of great features. However, it was very unstable and simply couldn't handle the volume of users. It would boot everyone and clear ALL of the created rooms very frequently, sometimes in mere minutes or even seconds after rebooting. You were lucky if you stayed on 10-15 minutes.

When the present version was unveiled, it was presented as a trial with feedback welcomed and refinements coming, but that never really seemed to happen.

There simply isn't much better out there and i don't think any improvements here are in the cards, so it is what it is!