A day to Remenber (Closed)

Dire_Moonfang

Really Experienced
A day to Remember

Rick Tempest age 27 The year 4500

It was another day another load I had my mind set for a new ship but the one I had gotten from a junk planet served him faithfully sure it looked like a piece of junk but it was his piece of junk as I made my way toward the planet surface getting the go-ahead from the self-righteous pricks of Orfren they always treated outsiders with disdain. As I landed onto one of the many ship dockings quickly setting everything off as well as opening the cargo bay doors as I got out of my seat and walked down to the cargo hold exiting.

I was met by a few Orfren guards that didn't look happy I rolled my eyes as they shouted orders at me I lifted my hands to the top of my head as they told me to as they pushed me against my ship I couldn't help but make a laugh as I said "Fuck what did the queen die or something." As I said that I felt a bo rifle hit the back of my head as I fell to the ground.

I had no memory of the next few hours but when I came to I was locked up as my brain started to process what was happening I began to look around seeing a few guards on the floor with bullet holes to the faces, chest as I softly said: "What the fuck happened." I reached over to the closet guard as I got a key from his pocket and began unlocking the cell as I made my way out I finally figured out what was happening as I saw a number of red ships filling the sky "Nebia class fighter what are they doing here as I said that I heard scream and yell and then weapons going off as I ducked down and slowly making my way to the shipping docks to get on my ship and get the fuck out of here. I ran the whole way keep out of both Nebia view as well as Orfren view did not one to get in the middle of that I finally made it to the docking area before I saw someone going into the cargo hold as I pulled the gun I stole from one of the dead guards I made my way into the cargo hold as I began to close it and said in a loud voice "You have 5 seconds to get your ass out of my ship you Nebia asshole.

Last edited:
“Nebia attacks! It appears that their entire fleet approaches!” There was obvious panic in the Chancellor’s voice that told her that this time, it was real.

“Do they send an emissary with their terms? It would help us fight if we knew their mindset.”

“No! Nothing!”

The words no sooner left his lips than the palace shuddered. The chandelier swayed with the hit and a chunk of the gilt molding along the ceiling broke away and crashed upon the marblite floor below. The Chancellor let out a shriek and began praying as he ran along the wall with one hand over his head. ‘As if that would protect him from being hit by flying plaster,’ she thought to herself.

The palace shuddered again and once more the chandeliers moved followed by more plaster breaking loose from the ceiling. She knew that this building would not be able to stand many more hits before it would fall.

With a swirl of her skirts, she turned and headed behind the throne to the secret panel and the tunnels that seemed to honeycomb the palace. Again the building shuddered. Stopping in front of a dusty panel, she quickly pushed aside the peep hole cover and glance in. Her room was empty. She pressed the trigger and the door silently slid open.

Once inside, she quickly changed into something less ostentatious. A simple blouse and skirt and she grabbed some of her jewels. She would need funds if she was to raise an army and take back what was rightfully hers.

Stopping in front of the mirror, she stared at her reflection. Clear grey eyes stared back at her. The freckles face made her appear younger than her 24 years and her bright red hair was like a flame in the room. Another shake of the palace and several paintings fell off the walls.

Quickly she grabbed her black cloak and stuffed jewels and important papers in various pockets. In a secret drawer, she grabbed a fake passport in the injector. Quickly she injected it under the skin on her right arm right above the inside wrist. It hurt like hell but maybe it would save her. The spot was red and she hoped that no one would question it in the confusion of people fleeing the invasion. The place where her true identity passport was still lay hidden on her. Only if you knew where to look would you find it. Even walking through an identity threshold would show her fake identity. If it ever became necessary, she could provide that true identity.

The hits were becoming more often and she could hear fighting and screaming behind some of the walls. Quickly she navigated in the half darkness of the tunnels until finally she worked her way to the docks where there was some hand to hand fighting and several Nebian warships already empty of their cargo of fighters. She was tempted to steal one but she was skeptical of being able to fly such a large machine. It really needed a crew.

Over to one side was one of the typical freighter that would bring supplies in trade for some of the spices that Orfren was noted for. Looking around and seeing the way clear, she quickly slipped through its open cargo doors and hid behind some crates. She’s knew that if this ship did not leave soon though, then all would be lost.

You have 5 seconds to get your ass out of my ship you Nebia asshole.

Shit! She had been seen! The ship shook as one of the blasts from the Nebians hit close. This ship needed to leave and now or they would all be dead.

She quickly stepped out and threw back the hood of her cape. It surprised her that the captain of this ship seemed to be not much older than herself. The ship shook and she fell against one of the nearby crates.

“I’m not Nebian, I’m from here. But we’ll both be dead if you don’t get us out of here now. Those Nebian scum are determined to destroy this place.” There was urgency in her voice as the ship shook again.

Cecelia Wayward/Queen Ursula Majori

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/73/0a/1d/730a1d2d4a31ee96c25ba372bf954791.jpg

It took me by surprise seeing a freckle-faced red-haired beauty on my ship I just stood then too amazed at her beauty before hearing her say “I’m not Nebian, I’m from here. But we’ll both be dead if you don’t get us out of here now. Those Nebian scum are determined to destroy this place.”

I growled as another boom shook more of my ship as I said: "Sit right there and don't fucking move I will deal with you when I get off this dreadful planet." I turned around and ran up the stairs to the cockpit as I opened the door the handle broke off "Fucking great and beautiful!"

I jumped onto my seat as I strapped in I started the fusion drive as I whispered: "Come on you beautiful thing get us out of here." As the ship took off I saw a couple of fighters coming my way as I right turned a knob bring the weapons online as I took the control and blasted one before pulling off the docking bring the ship out a ways and I shifted the gears to blast us to a good distance away leaving the planet all together as I kept up that pace for about a good three hours nearly burning the fusion core to its breaking point.

As I sat back in my seat grabbing a cig that was already mostly used I lite it up and began to calm down a bit before I heard a yelling coming from the cargo hold "Fucking hell." I pushed open the cockpit door and threw the door handle away from me for the time being as I slid down the metal stairs pressing a button opening the cargo door I could hear an annoying scream as I said loudly "Fucking hell lady relax your away from Orfren i can only hope that planet is long gone though bunch of assholes and dicks on that world Nebia, on the other hand, are more dicks I despise Orfren more though." I looked her up and down as I said "Now what the hell were you doing on my ship looking to steal it with all the mayhem."

Sit right there and don't fucking move I will deal with you when I get off this dreadful planet. Fucking great and beautiful!

She would have to rely upon the man standing there with the broken door handle in his hand. Sitting on the floor as the door closed, the ship shuddered again and she looked for something to hang onto. She spied a strap on the wall across the cargo bay and just as she stood up to cross, the ship roared to life and stuttered as it drunkenly lifted off from the docking pad. With a cry she fell and rolled across the cargo bay and crashed into the wall. Great Creightons! Did this guy even know how to fly? She reached up for the strap just as the ship dipped and suddenly she slid away from the strap and crashed into yet another wall of the cargo bay.

She was starting to feel bruised and battered and wondered if she would have fared better back on her planet. The ship shuddered as once more the ship thrust forward and she slammed against the back wall and all went black.

When she woke, she had no idea how long she had been out but if she had to guess, she would say several hours. There was a lump on the back of her head and a king size headache and she was crumpled in a corner of the cargo bay surrounded by some Androvian fruitballs that had rolled out of a broken crate.

Finally able to get to her feet, she crossed to the door that the captain had disappeared through and started banging on it, yelling as loud as she could.

“Hey! Asshole!!! Let me out of here!! You still there??”

As the door opened, she heard the man that she had briefly met earlier calling out.

Fucking hell lady relax your away from Orfren i can only hope that planet is long gone though bunch of assholes and dicks on that world Nebia, on the other hand, are more dicks I despise Orfren more though. Now what the hell were you doing on my ship looking to steal it with all the mayhem.

“Steal? If I was going to steal, I would have picked a newer ship. I was just looking for a way out of all the fighting!” She brushed herself off and gingerly felt of the lump on her head. “Where did you learn to fly anyway? In a bag of asteroid bits?”

I stepped forward and moved a bit past her as I began moving the crates knocked over during the escape "The newer ships wouldn't have made it out of that mess the Nebians were targeting every ship that looked important enough so even if you made it to another ship you would probably be dead with everyone else."

As I began taking stock of what was broken and what I could salvage this was great no way was I getting the delivery money on any of the broken crates I picked up one of the Androvian fruitballs and cleaned it off my shirt as I bit into it "As for my flying lady I may fly like shit but at least I can get the job done and speaking of I think you owe me a payment for getting you off that shit rock should've left you on the docks."

As I placed all the broken crates on one side of the cargo bay I took the broken crate of Androvian fruitballs and proceded up the stairs heading to where a small kitchen sat dishes pilled up as I looked across the railing I said "You can come up here where I can keep a better eye on you and we can talk about where I can set you down on."

Automatically she followed him into the galley. He may want to keep an eye on her, but she too wanted to keep an eye on him. He may have gotten her off of her planet safely but she didn’t necessarily trust him. She didn’t even know who he was.

“Perhaps introduction are in order. I am Cecelia Wayward. As to where I am heading, I’m not quite sure. At the time, all I knew to do was get out of the way of the fighting.”

She grabbed an Androvian fruitball and looked for something to slice it with. Finding a knife, she cut a small slice and slowly chewed.

“Do you have any ideas where I could go?”

As I worked on cleaning up the kitchen a bit I heard her say “Perhaps introduction are in order. I am Cecelia Wayward. As to where I am heading, I’m not quite sure. At the time, all I knew to do was get out of the way of the fighting.” As I cleaned the first plate I responded: "The name is Rick Tempest I deliver stuff from planet to planet."

I turned around from the sink as I really got a look at Cecelia "You won't find anywhere safe for the time being now that Nebia has attacked Orfren as you know they have a long since bitter rivalry so no planet will be harboring any Orfren for the time being until things cool down."

You won't find anywhere safe for the time being now that Nebia has attacked Orfren as you know they have a long since bitter rivalry so no planet will be harboring any Orfren for the time being until things cool down.

“This is frustrating! I was hoping that perhaps you would know of some planet that would be friendly to Orfren. Maybe some place like Lichen. They are on the outer edges of this system and might be willing to harbor me. Lichen has always been very pro Orfren. Maybe they might have plans to rally and fight back.”

Taking another slice of the fruitball, she watched him as he worked. “From the way that you talk, it sounds as if you are not overly fond of Orfren or Nebia. Rick Tempest. That was your name, right? Rick Tempest. Where are you from?”

I chuckled softly "In this type of ship it can't go very far and you want me to take you to Lichen I have only been there a few times and that was with the newer ships I try to stick to the inner planets less likely to get pirated and you want to try to fight back for a planet that lost the battle hell for all you could know the queen of Ofren might be captured or worst case raped and or killed besides without a leader Lichen won't try to risk war."

As I turned back around rinsing what few dishes remained I got asked where I was from "I actually don't remember where I was born, to be honest, my memories are fuzzy from the age of 5 and below and for not liking Ofren or Nebia they are worst planets out here I have seen how they treat their citizens fuck at times I feel sorry for them having to live with that type of monarchy sure I knew a nice couple on Ofren they gave me a bed and food anytime I stopped in for a delivery."

As I finished the dishes I turned around wiping my hands off as I looked at Cecelia "What is your story for trying to get to Lichen and take back Ofren from the Nebia army you don't seem the devote type of person?"

She listened to his explanation as to why he couldn’t try for Lichen or one of the other planets that might support her heading back to reclaim her planet. If that was a case, then she would have to raise an army here. But where? Just who could she trust?

As this Rick Tempest spoke, she wondered. ‘Why not him?’ Just as quickly she rejected the idea. First off, he was young and inexperienced. Why he couldn’t be much older than herself. Plus he had no support for a monarchy. He had already written her off as dead. It would probably surprise him to find out that he actually had the Orfren Queen in his ship. The man seemed so against Orfren and Nebia. Just what was he wanting? And could there be any way that she could bring him to her side without revealing exactly who she was?

He didn’t seem to have any particular political leanings, other than against monarchy? Someone has to be in charge, someone has to make the decisions. Why not her? His next question put her on her guard.

What is your story for trying to get to Lichen and take back Ofren from the Nebia army you don't seem the devote type of person?

“Well, I have some holdings on Orfren that I want to take back. Family holdings. Family property, if you will, that I want back. After all, it’s mine.”

She crossed to the sink and quickly washed the knife that she had been using on the fruitball. As she dried it she nonchalantly asked him. “You sound as if you’re against all forms of rule. Or politics. Or is it just the rulers of Nebia and Orfren? Just what did they do to you?”

She thought back, but couldn’t remember ever having had any dealings with him. She would certainly remember having anything to do with someone that looked like he did.

I listened to her answer my questions about what she wanted back family property that was a good enough answer it made her look like a kind and caring person as I watched Cecelia wash the knifed she just used I couldn't help but smile as I began to check out her body her curves mostly she looked damn fine but with my luck she probably had someone back on Orfren worrying about her.

"Don't get me wrong someone being in charge helps at times but when people start thinking they are better than there own people that is what I hate and what I've seen the Orfren do to there own people I mean you lived there you must have seen it or were you one of those that turned a blind eye to your fellow people."

I walked a few paces before I took a seat on one of the kitchen chairs "It's not what they have done to me it's what I witness done to other people that piss me off." As I spoke off topic I said "Down there is a shower and a bedroom down that way as for me I got to go get this rust bucket moving and out of view for any fighter ships."

Don't get me wrong someone being in charge helps at times but when people start thinking they are better than there own people that is what I hate and what I've seen the Orfren do to there own people I mean you lived there you must have seen it or were you one of those that turned a blind eye to your fellow people.

“Well no system is perfect. But the Queen does the best job that she can. But I’m not sure what you’re talking about.”

She listened to him. Other people? What other people? This guy was not making much sense. So maybe he was swayable.

Down there is a shower and a bedroom down that way as for me I got to go get this rust bucket moving and out of view for any fighter ships.

She watched him leave the room. Yes, this Rick Tempest would certainly do. She would just need to come up with a convincing argument to sway him in her direction.

Following his instructions, she found the showers and bedroom. The back of her head was still sore and still had a knot on it. She had to admit that the water felt good. In fact, her shower might have been a bit longer than necessary but she still had the headache and hoped that the hot water would help.

Afterwards, she slipped on her bra and panties and hung up her clothes after she gave them a quick rinse. She hid the jewels that she was going to use to raise her army to fight back.

The bed felt very comfortable. Very comfortable indeed and she was soon sound asleep.

As I made my way into the cockpit taking a seat I began to run a scan on all frequencies to see if there was any news on Orfren I listened intently hearing people asking for help in all forms of chatter I simply bowed my head trying to think of what to do I got onto the comms as I said "This is Tempest ship ID 45831 any Orfren in the vicinity come back." I waited a few minutes before repeating as I got no answer I finally said: "Fuck it." I began to punch in cords as I said to myself "Only safe place for the time being."

As I the ship began moving at a slow pace trying not to attract any attention I looked down as the video monitor began to play from my bedroom getting a view of Cecelia in her bra and panties as I watched her slide into my bed I couldn't help to keep staring at the video watching her fall asleep I switched the feed off turning off the camera in the bedroom as I shook my head and said in a loud voice knowing the cockpit was soundproof "Being a virgin sucks big time." It was true I never laid with any woman hell there weren't many women in space for me to spend time with.

I laid back into my chair drifting off to sleep waiting for the alarm to sound when I got closer to our destination.

It was sometime later when she woke. The headache had lessened so the nap had helped. That was good.

Stretching her arms over her head, she yawned and sat up in the bed. Over and over, she played everything in her mind. Nebia had been threatening to attack for years. She could remember her father, the King, locking himself in his war room with his advisors. As the next in line for the throne, she too should have been allowed into the war room. But he had always assumed that he would have more time.

That was until a bomb had killed her mother and father, and left her the new Queen of Orfren. The bomb had been blamed on Nebian insurgents and she had ordered an investigation. Her Father’s advisors informed her of the ones responsible and their deaths were ordered.

But she had barely time to mourn her parent’s death before there was talk of Nebia attacking. Then suddenly under siege, her only hope of survival had been to hide her identity and run.

Unaware of the CC on her, she threw back the covers and got up, stretching herself. Where she had injected the new identity was a red bump that itched and she fought not to scratch it. She walked around the bedroom, wearing just her underwear as she checked her clothes. The blouse and pants had dried and she quickly dressed before heading out to search the ship looking for Rick.

“Rick?” She called each time that she stuck her head in a room. “Rick, where are you?”

A few hours passed as an alarm blared waking me from my slumber "Fuck that is loud!" I shaked my head awake clearing my eyes as I took a view of where we were at by looking out the small moon in front of the ship "Hello you gorgeous thing home sweet home."

I began to make our descent down onto the surface setting it down onto the small tarmac next to a rinky-dink house as I began to turn everything off I heard a faint voice “Rick, where are you?” I smiled as I opened the cockpit door and said in a rough tone "I'm right here sweetheart." I couldn't help myself as I pressed a green button opening the cargo bay door.

"Welcome to little home away from home." I walked down the ramp as I began to stretch and smell the air around "This is Nebula 4 a former terraformed planet as you can see nature is quickly taking over it used to house over a million people but they left the planet as the plant life couldn't be contained so from time to time I come here and stay if I need to avoid people your welcome to stay as long as you want just a friendly reminder to keep away from any creatures you see because they will try to kill you."

I'm right here sweetheart.

Her head whipped around at his words but she realized that he was joking. At least, she thought so.

As he opened the bay door, he motioned outside. Welcome to little home away from home. This is Nebula 4 a former terraformed planet as you can see nature is quickly taking over it used to house over a million people but they left the planet as the plant life couldn't be contained so from time to time I come here and stay if I need to avoid people your welcome to stay as long as you want just a friendly reminder to keep away from any creatures you see because they will try to kill you.

“Kill me? Ooooookkkaayyy.” She nervously looked around, halfway expecting some strange creatures to jump out of nowhere and attempt to eat her. “What a way to make a person feel welcome. Are there lots of them or just occasional things that stick their head(s) out and look angrily at me? How long have you lived here anyway?” She was a bit nervous at his declaration and stepped closer to him.

I chuckled listening to her "No I don't think they would be full eating you though you are a bit skinny, to be honest." I smiled saying that "They usually likes to keep in groups and stick to the forest area out here is fine but at night I have to turn on the electric fence to keep them away from the house,

I've lived here close to five years found the place on a fluke and stayed because of the scenario." I proceeded to walk back to the ship grabbing an undamaged box of food supplies and medication as I stood up I pointed to a box closer the wall in the ship as I said: "That one will have fresh water if you would be so kind as to grab that I'll show you inside."

As we made our way to the house I took out a small metal thing unlocking the door pushing it open I coughed as dust hit my lungs "It has been a few months since I have been here so expect to cough a lot I didn't clean before leaving but welcome to my home sorry it ain't much but it's a lot better sleeping in an actual bed rather than a soft rag mattress."

She picked up the container of water and followed him as they made their way into the home. The smell of dust and stale air rushed out as he pushed the door open to the house.

It has been a few months since I have been here so expect to cough a lot I didn't clean before leaving but welcome to my home sorry it ain't much but it's a lot better sleeping in an actual bed rather than a soft rag mattress.

Cough she did, the air was choking down dead inside. “Don’t suppose we can open a window? Or would we be attacked in our sleep? And speaking of sleep, where do I sleep?”

She looked around at the small house. She could see that if he was the only one here, she would not be able to raise her army. Unless he knew of an army somewhere close by. She would have to be careful and get his help without drawing attention as to why she needed it.

“So you live here all alone?”

As I made my way into the house I expected it to be ransacked but luck held it's own as everything was there "Yeah we can open a window and no the creatures on this planet aren't that smart."

I made my way into the kitchen area placing a crate on the countertop I opened a cupboard as I pulled out a rag that wasn't as dusty and began to get to work cleaning off the small table I took a knife off my jeans as I cracked open the crate and saw packs of meat and assortment of items I looked over my should as I responded to Cecelia.

"This is a small house but I will take the couch you can take the bedroom for the time being." I chuckled as she asked me if I lived here alone. "There is a small village about twenty miles east there is a small lake about a mile north if you ever need to properly bathe the creatures on this planet what they lack in looks they make up for good eating.

As I cleaned the kitchen for a good half hour setting all the food where they went I looked to Cecelia and finally said "What is your real story?"

One bedroom. That could wind up being a problem. It was nice that he offered to sleep on the couch, but to be fair she should offer to swap out with him from time to time. Sleeping on a couch probably was not that comfortable. However, having never slept on a couch, she really didn’t know for sure.

So, bathing in the lake? There wasn’t a shower here? Oh, please let there at least be a toilet! She really was not used to this harsh living. All her life she had had everything. She wanted to help, but really didn’t know what to do. Living your whole life with everything being done for you did not really give you the ability to function well on your own.

After he had worked for a while, he stopped and looked at her.

What is your real story?

Shit! She could see by the look that he gave her that he really did not believe her. Shit! Shit! Shit! Now what?

“What do you mean? My ID chip says I’m Cecelia Wayward. What else would I be?” She held her right arm out to him, wrist turned up so he could run ID on her if needed. “I told you that I had family holdings that I want to regain possession of. What else would I be?”

I looked toward a small door" Yes the toilet works but when you need to clean the lake is where to bathe at don't worry about the creatures I will be a gun to protect you while you bathe."

"You may have the id tag Cecelia Wayward but I don't think you are her listen I don't care who you really are but a little honesty helps in this relationship we have at the moment you trust me and I trust you sound fair."

As I took a seat to listen to Cecelia tell me the truth hopefully it wasn't something dramatic as finding out she was secretly a queen.

So, he was willing to watch over her with a gun while she took a bath? Hmmmm. That could be dangerous. But his next words were even more dangerous.

You may have the id tag Cecelia Wayward but I don't think you are her listen I don't care who you really are but a little honesty helps in this relationship we have at the moment you trust me and I trust you sound fair.

Then he sat down and waited, as if he expected her to tell him the truth. Really? It was too dangerous telling the truth so early in the game. For all she knew, he could be a part of the invasion force, looking to find the missing Queen. After all, she had to be certain that she could trust him with who she was.

And in the meantime, she would try to find out more about him.

“Why would I not be Cecelia Wayward? Trust. Funny you should use that word. I’m having to trust you too.” She gave a chuckle. “Why don’t you tell me more about yourself? After all, you have the upper hand on me. Without you, I’d be floating out in space trying to hitch a ride. Tell me more about Rick Tempest. What makes him tick?”

I was a bit taken back when she threw back questions of her own I wanted to pry further on her real identity but who was I to ask her personal questions.

"Well if you must know Miss Wayward I enjoy the finer things in life hunting, fishing here and there when I have time of course when I am not delivering one thing to one planet and the next."

I chuckled hearing her last question what made me tick "One thing that makes me ticked the most is seeing someone in trouble and not being able to help that person so, for the time being, I'll help you Cecelia but don't betray my trust that I won't regret it in the end."

It was my turn to throw the question back on her "Let's hear what makes you tick."

“Well, then it is lucky that I ran across you just when I needed you. I really appreciate. As to what makes me tick...” she hesitated, not quite sure how to answer him without revealing her true identity. He had already made it abundantly clear just what he thought of her and how she had run the planet. She wanted to get him on her side before she revealed her true identity.

“What ticks me off is when people take things that are not theirs. That’s why I need to raise forces to take it back. If someone came on board your ship and stole it, you would fight to get it back, right? Well, my business had been in my family for generations. And I want it back. Surely you can understand that, can’t you?”

I sat back into my seat as I listened to Cecelia try her hardest in making me see things in her view but she wasn't wrong if someone stole my ship I would want to hunt down and kill whoever took it but the way she was saying it was this was a very big chunk of land.

As I smiled knowing what that could entail a nice good amount of money for the help enough to retire from the delivery business and hell make a town port here but this was all dreams unless she would actually deliver on her words

"I tell you what girl you tell me how much the pay is and I might a very small chance might find you a group of bloodthirsty killers for you so you can go claim your home back."

This was purely hypothetical this girl having enough money to save her beloved home and to take it back from Nebian army occupying her planet hell I might want more if I had to fight for an entire planet "So do you have enough money or are you just all talk?

Back