Trump met with Matt Whitaker 12 times, at least

gotsnowgotslush

skates like Eck
Trump Denies Knowing Attorney General He Met Over a Dozen Times

November 9, 2018

Two days after he hired a transparent political hack to run the Justice Department, President Trump has failed to come up with a remotely plausible cover story. “I didn’t speak to Matt Whitaker about” the Russia investigation, Trump told reporters this morning, “I don’t know Matt Whitaker. Matt Whitaker has a great reputation and that’s what I wanted.”

None of those things are true.

http://nymag.com/intelligencer/2018/11/trump-denies-knowing-whitaker-who-he-met-a-dozen-times.html

Friday, Nov 9, 2018 · 9:50:50 AM Eastern Standard Time · Jen Hayden

Here’s video of Donald Trump claiming he “doesn’t know Matt Whitaker.” Contrary to Trump’s claims this morning, the New York Times reports Matthew Whitaker has spent considerable time at the White House with Donald Trump.

https://www.dailykos.com/stories/20...y-Acting-AG-s-disqualifying-history#read-more

Trump Denies Knowing Attorney General He Met Over a Dozen Times

November 9, 2018

Two days after he hired a transparent political hack to run the Justice Department, President Trump has failed to come up with a remotely plausible cover story. “I didn’t speak to Matt Whitaker about” the Russia investigation, Trump told reporters this morning, “I don’t know Matt Whitaker. Matt Whitaker has a great reputation and that’s what I wanted.”

None of those things are true.

http://nymag.com/intelligencer/2018/11/trump-denies-knowing-whitaker-who-he-met-a-dozen-times.html

Friday, Nov 9, 2018 · 9:50:50 AM Eastern Standard Time · Jen Hayden

Here’s video of Donald Trump claiming he “doesn’t know Matt Whitaker.” Contrary to Trump’s claims this morning, the New York Times reports Matthew Whitaker has spent considerable time at the White House with Donald Trump.

https://www.dailykos.com/stories/20...y-Acting-AG-s-disqualifying-history#read-more

Friggin liar. Matt Whitaker has been a US Attorney in the DOJ since 2004. He was Jeff Session's Chief of Staff.:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Friggin liar. Matt Whitaker has been a US Attorney in the DOJ since 2004. He was Jeff Session's Chief of Staff.:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Speaking of friggin liars, Wrongguard, Whitaker left the DOJ in 2009--nine years ago--and was only brought back recently by Trump to do exactly what Trump wants him to do now--to keep Trump out of prison. I guess you just can't help lying, can you, or you wouldn't be a Trumpette in good standing?

Like Trump, you even lie about issues that can easily be checked. You just can't help yourself anymore, can you?

Last edited:
Speaking of friggin liars, Wrongguard, Whitaker left the DOJ in 2009--nine years ago--and was only brought back recently by Trump to do exactly what Trump wants him to do now--to keep Trump out of prison. I guess you just can't help lying, can you, or you wouldn't be a Trumpette in good standing?

Like Trump, you even lie about issues that can easily be checked. You just can't help yourself anymore, can you?

He should have brought back Joe DiGenova we'd have all of these Obama bastards behind bars by the end of next year.

Trump distances himself from Whitaker amid scrutiny over past comments and business ties
By Matt Zapotosky ,
Josh Dawsey and
Philip Rucker
November 9 at 7:46 PM

President Trump distanced himself Friday from acting attorney general Matthew G. Whitaker amid intensifying scrutiny of the controversial legal views and business entanglements of the president’s pick to run the Justice Department and assume control of the Russia investigation.
With the White House scrambling to manage public examination of Whitaker’s background and resistance to his leadership within the Justice Department, Trump sought to douse speculation that he had installed the partisan loyalist to curtail the probe of Russian interference in the 2016 presidential campaign.Trump insisted that he had not spoken with Whitaker about the investigation being led by special counsel Robert S. Mueller III — and the president upbraided a reporter when she asked whether he wanted Whitaker to rein in Mueller. “What a stupid question,” he said. Defiant and testy as he departed the White House on Friday morning for a weekend visit to Paris, Trump claimed four separate times that he did not personally know Whitaker, who had been serving as chief of staff at the Justice Department.“I don’t know Matt Whitaker,” Trump told reporters, adding that he knew him only by reputation.That claim is false, according to the president’s past statements as well as the accounts of White House officials — one of whom laughed Friday at Trump’s suggestion that he did not know Whitaker. Trump and Whitaker have met in the Oval Office several times, and Whitaker briefed Trump when the president preferred not to talk to then-Attorney General Jeff Sessions, whom he had disparaged publicly, according to White House officials. As Trump said last month on Fox News Channel, “I know Matt Whitaker.”In addition, Trump was aware that Whitaker was a skeptic of the Mueller probe before appointing him, which factored into his decision to tap him over Deputy Attorney General Rod J. Rosenstein, according to two White House advisers who spoke on the condition of anonymity to be candid.[Whitaker has said he could not support ‘secular’ judicial nominees and that courts should be ‘inferior branch’]Meanwhile, Whitaker’s public record is drawing fresh scrutiny. That includes comments during his unsuccessful 2014 campaign in Iowa for U.S. Senate that judges should have a “biblical view,” that he could not support judicial nominees who are “secular” and that he thinks federal courts are supposed to be the “inferior branch” of the government. Whitaker has criticized the Supreme Court’s landmark 1803 ruling in Marbury v. Madison, which serves as the foundation for judicial review of public policy. Federal investigators last year also looked into whether Whitaker, as an advisory-board member of a Miami patent company accused of fraud by customers, played a role in trying to help the company silence critics by threatening legal action.But it is Whitaker’s outspoken criticism of the Mueller investigation that has led Democrats to allege bias and spurred bipartisan efforts on Capitol Hill to pass legislation designed to protect the special counsel and prohibit Trump from firing him.

Whitaker said on CNN that he could envision a scenario where Sessions was replaced and his successor “just reduces [Mueller’s] budget to so low that his investigation grinds to almost a halt.” He also wrote in an online column for CNN — under the headline “Mueller’s investigation of Trump is going too far” — that the president was “absolutely correct” to suggest that Mueller would be crossing a red line by examining the finances of Trump and his family.
Meanwhile, an audio recording has circulated online in which Whitaker expresses doubt about any Russian inference in elections at all. “The left is trying to sow this theory that essentially Russians interfered with the U.S. election, which has been proven false,” Whitaker said. “They did not have any impact in the election.”That statement directly conflicts with the conclusion of U.S. intelligence agencies that Russia interfered in the election to help elect Trump and the Justice Department’s indictments of more than two dozen alleged Russian agents for interference.

At the White House as well as the Justice Department, senior aides were taken aback by news accounts of Whitaker’s work on the advisory board of Miami-based World Patent Marketing, which was accused of defrauding its customers. Officials said they were particularly stunned by emails showing Whitaker invoked his former job as a U.S. attorney to threaten a man who had complained about the company. Whitaker also rebuffed an October 2017 subpoena from the Federal Trade Commission seeking his records related to the company, according to two people with knowledge of the case.[Whitaker promoted company accused of deceiving clients]Also under scrutiny is Whitaker’s work as U.S. attorney for the Southern District of Iowa. In one of its most publicized cases, Whitaker’s office brought charges against an openly gay Democratic state senator, Matt McCoy, for allegedly using his office to extort about $2,000 from a local company that installed motion sensors in the homes of senior citizens to monitor their health.
McCoy said he believed the case was motivated because of his politics and sexual orientation, and a jury found him not guilty. A Justice Department spokesman said the case was brought on its merits, not because of politics. Still, for Whitaker, the case ended in defeat and harsh criticism in the local press. The White House did not thoroughly vet Whitaker before Trump appointed him acting attorney general, because he was “already chief of staff,” according to one White House official. This official said Whitaker is unlikely to be removed from his interim post “unless more comes out.”

Last edited:
Acting Attorney General Matthew Whitaker Once Said Jews, Muslims and Atheists Should Not Be Federal Judges

New acting Attorney General Matthew Whitaker said in 2014 that judges without a New Testament “biblical view of justice,” should not serve on the federal bench and suggested that he would block the appointment of non-Christian judges if given the chance.

“As someone that’s interacted with the federal judiciary a time or two, I will tell you that I have a unique perspective on federal judges,” he said.

“And while I agree that I want to understand their judicial philosophy and whether they understand natural law and natural rights and then the founding documents and how they fit together...I don’t think that gets us far enough because natural law oftentimes is used from the eye of the beholder," he continued. "What I’d like to see is things like their worldview.… Are they people of faith? Do they have a biblical view of justice? I think that is very important.”

The moderator interrupted Whitaker and asked “Levitical or New Testament?” which is an indirect way of asking whether people of the Jewish faith should be banned from serving as federal judges.

“I’m a New Testament,” responded Whitaker to laughter. “And what I know is as long as they have that [New Testament] worldview that they’ll be a good judge.”

The President has complete lawful authority to appoint an interim AG. Whitaker can serve for 210 days and there is nothing the Democrats, the media, or the federal courts can do about it.

The President has complete lawful authority to appoint an interim AG. Whitaker can serve for 210 days and there is nothing the Democrats, the media, or the federal courts can do about it.

When the shoes were on Obama's feet with the exact same authority, you didn't roll over this easy.

Does Cheeto's milk really taste that good? :D

When the shoes were on Obama's feet with the exact same authority, you didn't roll over this easy.

Does Cheeto's milk really taste that good? :D

That's a fucking lie. I wasn't here during the Obama administration and the same law that gives Trump the right to appoint Whitaker as interim AG, 5 USC 3345, was in existence then. So Obama had the same right, and I wouldn't have, under any circumstances, argued against the law. :rolleyes:

So tired of these phony insinuations.

Back