Isolated Blurt Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I find I'm visiting here less and less, and although there are people here that I miss, I don't miss the place at all.
 
I have to say- on a shitty day, coming to lit and seeing new comments posted on something I wrote saying "thank you" is a nice mood lifter.
 
Saturday was the best day I have ever had in a physical fitness way. Thursday was a low point :(
 
I really want to delete a whole bunch of stories but it's going to take some time to work through putting in the requests.
 
When I left work on Friday I thought I was avoiding doing a lot of work. So I came in an hour early this morning to catch up on some of it and buy time for the rest of it.

Turns out it was only 30 minutes of work for two projects combined. It finished it up really quick, and blamed the emails not going through on Friday night (it happens legitimately enough that it isn't a far-fetched excuse).
 
This post was about books donated to a charity book shop. I was checking values of three books.

Edited to give results of checking in detail:

Book 1 dated 1828: £100 to £200 because the optional 22 plates are present.

Book 2 dated 1933: Signed limited edition, one of 250: £50 to £200. The author isn't as popular as he was ten years ago so values have dropped.

Book 3 dated 1833. It is in poor external condition needing rebinding but all the spine and both boards are present - depending on exact date and publisher, and I think it's the 'right' one, in its present state: It's the right publisher, the right date, but doesn't have all the characteristics of the true first. Either it is a reprint a couple of months after the true first in which case its value is tens of pounds instead of hundreds, or it is a very early state of the true first in which case its value is hundreds, thousands, tens of thousands? It will go to auction. P.S. It is a first one volume edition of a Jane Austen novel.

The charity will be pleased.

Og
 
Last edited:
Oh for fucks sake! Your dimensions are inconsistent, they don't even add up properly in one instance, and we still don't know the actual size of the lot and you want me to take your designs and make proper drawings out of them? this isn't going to end well for me...
 
Winter contest story submitted. Woo!

Writing a new story, nothing winter related.
I'm climbing the walls I'm so horny, and my boyfriend is asleep. :(
(If he didnt have to get up in 4 hours, I'd wake him up, lol.)

I'm exhausted, but I'm writing sex, and I hate to leave in the middle of sex. You can never get back into it right. :devil:

So I felt the need to take a break to vent. Maybe if someone knows I'd appreciate getting laid it'll make me feel better...?? :confused:
Oh, bother.

:catroar:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top